PDA

View Full Version : The Demise of all Hallows Eve.

-Z-
10-31-2008, 21:02
Is it just me...?

Or is Halloween getting less popular with the kids?

When i was young (I am 25 now, so 15 years ago) The streets would be packed with kids, lined up at doors waiting for candy...

Now It seems there is but a fraction of the youth on the streets tonight, looking around...

People are still throwing halloween parties and such, and it still exists of course... but it doesnt seem to have the same popularity as it did...

Is it just that I am old now, and it used to seem bigger?

or is it maybe just my town?

or is is... the fact that parents give kids so much these days, that its no longer worth it marching around town all evening to get some candy?

Maybe if we started handing out Machetes and Hand grenades, or the latest FPS Games, kids would be more inclined to trick or treat.

Z

Bright
10-31-2008, 21:07
In my neck of the woods its been a combination of less kids and safety concerns, a lot of trick and treaters are shuttled in cars from house to house, which is crap. Half of the fun was walking around the neighborhood on foot. :p

Xavior
10-31-2008, 21:08
Yeah, I've noticed as well. But I think it is just because all of the kids in the neighbourhood have grown up and not enough new young families move in.

Dogma
10-31-2008, 21:20
Therre are no less than 30 or 35 kids in my neighborhood and not one stopped at my house tonight.

It sure ain't what it used to be.

Green
10-31-2008, 22:03
I heard each generation was a lil different. ;)

If nothing ever changed, we'd be like Canada.

((purposely trying to derail the thread))

-Z-
10-31-2008, 22:16
I heard each generation was a lil different. ;)

If nothing ever changed, we'd be like Canada.

((purposely trying to derail the thread))

lol, Canada is changing...

last year we outlawed Dogsled teams on the streets of Toronto, and in my area created a bylaw that restricts igloos from being built within 100 feet of any skyscraper.

Z

Divine Intervention
10-31-2008, 23:08
lol i remember back in the day my parents used to give out fruit instead of candy :P
we live in a Cul de sac now....and ive never seen kids here tbh so im not surprised no one came. although i wouldnt be surprised if someone egged our house tonight either..they did break of the Mercedes ornament from our car yesterday :roll:

northbabylon
10-31-2008, 23:11
yeah, last year i ran out of candy about 6PM and there were still my treaters out...this year on a FRIDAY, i didn't get one treater from 430-630pm. I still have about 3/4 of all the candy i bought. -_-

Green
11-01-2008, 01:27
lol i remember back in the day my parents used to give out fruit instead of candy

Your parents wondered why their house was vandalized after yall had gone to sleep on Halloween I bet...

Divine Intervention
11-01-2008, 01:33
Your parents wondered why their house was vandalized after yall had gone to sleep on Halloween I bet...

no our house was never touched/vandalized etc.

-Z-
11-01-2008, 02:02

Yet.

MUUUHAHAHAHAHA

Z

ranger2112
11-01-2008, 03:52
it is a different world.

SmarT
11-01-2008, 10:32
idk i went with a bunch of my family and there was kids all over the place, but idk i love it, and i know the bar was packed with people dressed up lol and a few dumb asses that werent

Green
11-01-2008, 11:59

Your house would have been wearing any fruit that you had given me. Plus some yummy eggs for protein. :)

Gotta vandalize healthy right?

Divine Intervention
11-01-2008, 12:03
Your house would have been wearing any fruit that you had given me. Plus some yummy eggs for protein. :)

Gotta vandalize healthy right?

meh my parents are tools. they didnt buy me candy let alone some random strangers :crying: