PDA

View Full Version : Suicide

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:11
Along with the Republican fall came this:

In Washington a measure was passed that allows patients to legally ask their doctor for Lethal medication.

They must be terminally ill with less than 6 months to live...

Interesting...

Z

Grendel Khan
11-05-2008, 04:19
That isn't suicide. That is dignity.

Quality of life is TOO often over-looked.

TOO much money is made form sucking people dry and FORCING them to live when their life has ended.

We are NOT talking about a sixteen year old kid hanging themselves due to their 3 month relationship with a girl ended.

Dignity needs to be held with much more respect and understanding.

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:22

TOO much money is made form sucking people dry and FORCING them to live when their life has ended.

We are NOT talking about a sixteen year old kid hanging themselves due to their 3 month relationship with a girl ended.

I completely agree.

I am waiting for some Conservative to come on and reel on about how he thinks its right for him to choose another persons life or death.

But I completely agree.... My grandpa lived in pain for a long time... he could barely talk... He basically had no life, but the drugs kept him alive for an extra 3+ months of basically nolife.

If the drugs can keep u alive, then why cant they save you from your pain as well?

Z

DBozMen
11-05-2008, 05:32

Agreed,

I believe that the pain and suffering should be avoided when having a terminal illness. Those people should make it their own choise of the way to "go out".

p-kitty
11-05-2008, 07:34
I totally agree!

There's the seemingly cold and cruel capitalist point of view that it sucks up money, taxpayers money even cuz that person is lying in a hospital bed that someone else could be using, there's nurses, machines, electric bills, insurance has to pay out and when insurance can't pay the family has to and that's money they could be putting toward their kids education or saving for thei r own retirement!

Then there's the humanistic point of view, sitting around like a vegetable watching t.v. all day is fine... if you're a "younger" fat lazy dumb**** with a job(not on welfare) because that's your lifestyle choice. laying around because you have no choice is not cool. I would not be able to tolerate living in a hospital bed for five years, not even two months if I had no hope of living. Holding on to that hope and keeping yur loved one alive just so you don't have to feel the "pain" of losing them is more cruel than murdering them. It's just inhumane to let a horse live even though it's lost it's leg and while your granny isn't a horse she is a human and we shouldn't force them to suffer because in the end we only end prolonging your own suffering as well.