PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Affirmative Action

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:13
In 2 states they voted to Ban affirmative action!

I approve!

and this also seems fitting considering the democrats win.

Z

Grendel Khan
11-05-2008, 04:36
Good move. Affirmative action is insulting to all involved.

p-kitty
11-05-2008, 07:28
my issue with things like "affirmative action" programs and this thing in Canada(that I forget the name of) where all racial parties must be presented fairly and so a person might lose out on getting a job even though they're better suited for the position than someone else just because of their colour? it's like going backward... skill oughtta beat out skin any day!

I hate living in Toronto where, as a racial minority in my own country, I am wholly discriminated against by all the immigrants who come to live here, work here, and send all their money back home. And I'm not a racist person but the Jews are the worst for it. You have no idea the number of "jew only" churches, community centres, year round bible schools, public schools, and highschools there are.

I understand in America, and even in Canada(we did discriminate against the Japanese once upon a time) that we did not so nice things to other culures way back in the day. But that was over a hundred f*ing yearz ago and instigated by our parent European countries! And we, the new generation, are not deserving of receiving flack for our ancestors decisions. We did not make those decisions and have come to the realisation that those decisions were wrong and are learning from them. If you really want to discriminate against our race do it to the people who ARE still racist not the people who don't give a ****.

esco
11-05-2008, 11:16
how are there jew only churches and bible school:confused:

-Z-
11-05-2008, 11:33
how are there jew only churches and bible school:confused:

How?

The same way that there are Catholic only churches and bible schools.

How are you confused Esco?

Z

BeeNo
11-05-2008, 13:18
This might be a little off topic, but the largest minority in my area is Native Americans.

I'm very displeased that our college is forced to change its school mascot & name because of their intolerance.

Its not a name that's talked about disrespectfully, and our teams aren't embarrassingly bad, we just went D1 in football, and our hockey team is one of the best in the country year in and year out.

You don't see me getting all worked up because I'm Irish and Notre Dame is called the ND Fighting Irish.

On top of that they receive free tuition to attend our school should they choose, so if the name goes so should their benefits... but I'd rather see both stay.

Am i the only one not getting this? They are being harmed in any form because of the simple name of a mascot...

-Z-
11-05-2008, 13:53
This might be a little off topic, but the largest minority in my area is Native Americans.

I'm very displeased that our college is forced to change its school mascot & name because of their intolerance.

Its not a name that's talked about disrespectfully, and our teams aren't embarrassingly bad, we just went D1 in football, and our hockey team is one of the best in the country year in and year out.

You don't see me getting all worked up because I'm Irish and Notre Dame is called the ND Fighting Irish.

On top of that they receive free tuition to attend our school should they choose, so if the name goes so should their benefits... but I'd rather see both stay.

Am i the only one not getting this? They are being harmed in any form because of the simple name of a mascot...

Its completely ridiculas.

Z

Shabaz K
11-05-2008, 21:40
In 2 states they voted to Ban affirmative action!

I approve!

and this also seems fitting considering the democrats win.

Z

well its good start but US still has along way to go, only because black person will be running them doesn't mean the society is willing to change so dramatically.

esco
11-06-2008, 00:01

No offense but changing the school's name and mascot is the least this country could do for the native population...

Dogma
11-06-2008, 00:46
BULL****! This is mob mentality just like the election, and the banning of the confederate battle flag, it is a situation they can win, so they all jump on the banwagon so they con be on the winning side. Is nothing more.

Grendel Khan
11-06-2008, 02:14
Democracy IS tyranny by the masses.

But no one complains, until it tramples something that they stand for.

Democracy is NOT freedom.

-- Now as for the Native Americans not wanting their Cultural icons or heritage used as clowns, cartoons, or cheap entertainment... that is their choice, WE should respect their desires. IS it a little far reaching, and grasping? Yes, but considering the trampling that has happened to them, anything they can fight and win, they will, and should.

Aren't there a million other icons that can be chosen to represent a school or sports team?

esco
11-06-2008, 04:28
yea but the white folk want it all!!!

i hate myself :(

p.s. on a serious note how is it a mob mentality when natives as a whole are a tiny fraction of the population? also which audience booed and which one cheered when Obama and McCain mentioned their opponent in their acceptance/concession speech?

FeaRLezZoN3
11-06-2008, 05:16
Obama is my nigga!

p-kitty
11-06-2008, 13:12
the worst part is not being able to say "Merry Christmas" because it offends all the religions of the immigrants. I don't see how they wishing me a happy whatever holiday of their own religions is offensive to me. It's just bullsh*it all around!

Mwahahahaha
11-14-2008, 18:28
my issue with things like "affirmative action" programs and this thing in Canada(that I forget the name of) where all racial parties must be presented fairly and so a person might lose out on getting a job even though they're better suited for the position than someone else just because of their colour? it's like going backward... skill oughtta beat out skin any day!

I hate living in Toronto where, as a racial minority in my own country, I am wholly discriminated against by all the immigrants who come to live here, work here, and send all their money back home. And I'm not a racist person but the Jews are the worst for it. You have no idea the number of "jew only" churches, community centres, year round bible schools, public schools, and highschools there are.

I understand in America, and even in Canada(we did discriminate against the Japanese once upon a time) that we did not so nice things to other culures way back in the day. But that was over a hundred f*ing yearz ago and instigated by our parent European countries! And we, the new generation, are not deserving of receiving flack for our ancestors decisions. We did not make those decisions and have come to the realisation that those decisions were wrong and are learning from them. If you really want to discriminate against our race do it to the people who ARE still racist not the people who don't give a ****.

Of course you are a racist. We all are with todays definition of the word. We're just trying to get away from it with today's politically correct environment.

I think we should send all those uneducated, khat chewing, violent, wife-bashing, welfare clients from Somalia back to where they came from, or somewhere else. Of course that makes me racist from what society has defined the word to be.

So, I am a racist, and proud of it!