View Full Version : Politics...

Bram Gotink
11-05-2008, 04:15
IDK if anyone noticed,
but Americans cheer when their new president enters the stage,
They cheer each time he says something.
They cheer !

Why do they cheer?

America is the only country in the world (as far as I know) where people love their politicians.
In other (European) countries, people vote for the person they hate the least, or the person they disagree the least with.
Not the person they love !
And we definetly don't cheer !

And we don't spend millions and millions during the campaign...
Yesterday, I watched a show (Belgian Public (= state controlled(payed with taxes)) Television) where two journalists interviewed two politicians.
One of them said:

If this were American television, we wouldn't be sitting here discussing the elections. One of us (refers to him and his collegue (liberal&separatist)) would've bought the show and turned it into a 30 minute commercial for his cause.
I rest my case.

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:18
lol,

You make a good point...

Things might change after this election.

AS much as Dogma would like to ignore it, or deny it, this election is quite an event, and is going to cause important changes!

Obama opted to use private funds for his campaign (the Communist slimer!)

Hopefully he will reduce the amount of public money wasted on government.

Z

DBozMen
11-05-2008, 05:48
I think "we (holland an belgium)" are "more" sober and less charmed by one person. We choose out of several groups with their own issues.

p-kitty
11-05-2008, 07:00
Canada' much the same way... we don't like any of our politicians, but unfortunately someone has to be elected so we choose who we think we will royally a** rape us the least!

America is just silly.... =/ very backwardz!

esco
11-05-2008, 11:26
Maybe because you guys haven't had leaders like Lincoln, Kennedy, the founding fathers, etc Despite America's many mistakes, we've been blessed with many great leaders in its few years as an independent country.

Good luck though.

-Z-
11-05-2008, 11:29
Maybe because you guys haven't had leaders like Lincoln, Kennedy, the founding fathers, etc Despite America's many mistakes, we've been blessed with many great leaders in its few years as an independent country.

Good luck though.

Bush was bad enuf to cancel out all of thoese past good leaders, and the future ones as well (Obama Included)

Z

esco
11-05-2008, 11:37
That's just retarded...

Even Bush's legacy will get better, not because he's great but he's been very lucky/unlucky. The economy can't be placed on only him or the republicans because it was everyone. Iraq despite being a huge mistake is getting better and hopefully will continue to do so. In about 10 years hopefully, Iraq will again be a balance to Iran.

Bram Gotink
11-05-2008, 12:03
Iraq will again be a balance to Iran.

lol
both of them are American mistakes. Iraq twice, Iran once.

esco
11-05-2008, 12:13
No *hit but that's the past. The best case scenario now is to stay and help Iraq regardless of the lives lost and money lost. It's sad but if we just left the country would most likely fall apart and be a breeding ground for terrorists and Iran would basically stand top dog in that area.

That's the problem with many people, some only acknowledge the bad and some only acknowledge the good. Both sides are disillusioned with good fairytales and bad bogeyman stories.

-Z-
11-05-2008, 12:28
GOP = Grossly Over Paid

Z

BeeNo
11-05-2008, 12:44
couple things...

1st off i don't believe many Americans enjoy seeing millions of $$$ spent on elections wasted on pointless commercials. But the fact of the matter is the candidate who usually wins is the one who spends the most $$$.

2nd of all i think a lot of Americans feel the same way about politicians as you do, south parks had an episode about choosing between a giant ****** and a turd sandwich, lesser of 2 evils. Personally i hate the smear campaigns a lot of candidates use. Minnesota this year has been particularly terrible with both candidates for senate just bashing each other and not focusing on any real issues. Almost exactly what happened when Jesse Ventura got elected governor. The Democrats and the Republicans spent that whole election bashing each other and majority of Minnesotan's decided to vote independent.

I must say though this is one election where i like both candidates.

My major concerns with the election this year were the massive overspending the republicans seem so sure is the perfect way to run an economy. Definitely leaning towards Obama on this one.

I felt that McCain would do a better job in Iraq than Obama. So I'm leaning the other way on this one.

Obama is revising the pharmaceutical industry and i have 2 close friends whose jobs will no longer exist when he finishes that. It'll probably better in the end but I still don't like seeing that.

And to touch on those last posts it is odd that we supported Iraq vs Iran, then before that Afghanistan vs USSR... oops?

cheers

-Z-
11-05-2008, 12:55
couple things...

1st off i don't believe many Americans enjoy seeing millions of $$$ spent on elections wasted on pointless commercials. But the fact of the matter is the candidate who usually wins is the one who spends the most $$$.

2nd of all i think a lot of Americans feel the same way about politicians as you do, south parks had an episode about choosing between a giant ****** and a turd sandwich, lesser of 2 evils. Personally i hate the smear campaigns a lot of candidates use. Minnesota this year has been particularly terrible with both candidates for senate just bashing each other and not focusing on any real issues. Almost exactly what happened when Jesse Ventura got elected governor. The Democrats and the Republicans spent that whole election bashing each other and majority of Minnesotan's decided to vote independent.

I must say though this is one election where i like both candidates.

My major concerns with the election this year were the massive overspending the republicans seem so sure is the perfect way to run an economy. Definitely leaning towards Obama on this one.

I felt that McCain would do a better job in Iraq than Obama. So I'm leaning the other way on this one.

Obama is revising the pharmaceutical industry and i have 2 close friends whose jobs will no longer exist when he finishes that. It'll probably better in the end but I still don't like seeing that.

And to touch on those last posts it is odd that we supported Iraq vs Iran, then before that Afghanistan vs USSR... oops?

cheers

I was saddened to see that Beeno was not elected president. :-(

Z

BeeNo
11-05-2008, 13:08
Believe me i was as shocked as you were. And i want you all to know i haven't given up!

I demand a recount!

no way i could lose, i ran a flawless campaign! :o

-Z-
11-05-2008, 13:54
Believe me i was as shocked as you were. And i want you all to know i haven't given up!

I demand a recount!

no way i could lose, i ran a flawless campaign! :o

I know... it was clearly Voting Fraud.

Z