PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:15
Michigan voted to Legalize cannabis use for a medicine.

Massachusetts (holy crap I spelled that right?) voted to Decriminalize Majijuana use! now if caught u will be fined.

This is a very good achievement, and will allow the court systems to focus on real problems like Meth and Cocain.

Z

Bram Gotink
11-05-2008, 04:18
Michigan voted to Legalize cannabis use for a medicine.

Massachusetts (holy crap I spelled that right?) voted to Decriminalize Majijuana use! now if caught u will be fined.

This is a very good achievement, and will allow the court systems to focus on real problems like Meth and Cocain.

Z

lol
you forgot heroin

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:19
Heroin was not been as huge a problem in recent years, if I can remember correctly.

But indeed I did forget it.

Thoese are real drugs, unlike Cannabis, and Coffee.

Z

Bram Gotink
11-05-2008, 04:20
or nicotin

Grendel Khan
11-05-2008, 04:23
How about real problems like Business fraud? Or Murder?

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:24
or nicotin

Nicotine...

Thats a drug IMO,

It is a component of tobacco.

Tobacco one could argue is or is not a drug. before it is treated I would say no, its a plant (like cannabis) but after it is refined if becomes somthing unnatural...

Z

Grendel Khan
11-05-2008, 04:31
Depends on how "liberal" you wnat to get with your terminology.

all things are Chemicals. if it adjusts or changes your body's chemistry, then it's a "drug". but the USA terminology of "drug" is those "socially unacceptable things" that have been regulated, due to their "social unacceptable nature".

Aspirin is a drug, just as Caffeine is, just as Alcohol is, just as Heroin is, but some chemicals have undergone systematic social attack, in order to make them socially unacceptable, and thus in a light that they "should be regulated".

But as I said, I think that business fraud or Murder are a bit more realistic problems.

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:36
Depends on how "liberal" you wnat to get with your terminology.

all things are Chemicals. if it adjusts or changes your body's chemistry, then it's a "drug". but the USA terminology of "drug" is those "socially unacceptable things" that have been regulated, due to their "social unacceptable nature".

Aspirin is a drug, just as Caffeine is, just as Alcohol is, just as Heroin is, but some chemicals have undergone systematic social attack, in order to make them socially unacceptable, and thus in a light that they "should be regulated".

But as I said, I think that business fraud or Murder are a bit more realistic problems.

Indeed I can agree, Murder and Business fraud are big problems,

But that does not mean swe should ignore the little ones.

I am glad they were looked at.

Z

Bram Gotink
11-05-2008, 04:37
Why is it Nicotine but Heroin ?

unacceptable Drugs (IMHO) : Nicotine, Heroin, Cocain, Marijuana, XTC,...
acceptable drugs (IMHO) : cafeine, alchohol, morfine (when given to you in a hospital)

-Z-
11-05-2008, 04:41
Why is it Nicotine but Heroin ?

unacceptable Drugs (IMHO) : Nicotine, Heroin, Cocain, Marijuana, XTC,...
acceptable drugs (IMHO) : cafeine, alchohol, morfine (when given to you in a hospital)

IMHO All drugs are acceptable if used responsibly.

All people should learn to use drugs responsibly.

(But I dont see Marijuana beside cocaine. perhaps Hashish, but not marijuana.)

Z

Grendel Khan
11-05-2008, 04:43
Alcohol is one of the most dangerous damaging "drugs" known to man.

It's social acceptability is half of it's problem.

Withdraw from Alcohol can kill a person. Withdraw from heroin can make you wish you would die... We DON'T have heroin served at bars.

DBozMen
11-05-2008, 05:42
As you all know softdrugs is legal in Holland. That way the Dutch goverment can control the distribution and the creation of the drugs. Which will result in "save drugs", I mean that no other harmfull chemicals are used in the creation than in needed.

Most countries see it as a strange law, but it's way more effective. You can control the prices and the places where you can sell it.

p-kitty
11-05-2008, 07:18
the dutchies have the right idea! I think Canada is working on achieving somethng like that as well. Government and their paperwork :rolleyes: take way too long.

it's nicotine and heroin because of the pronounciation. :rolleyes: yer not saying "nik - o - tin" yer saying "nik - o - teen" vs "hare - o - in" not "hare - o - een"

and hashish is not addictive or bad... and I need some clarification here cuz I get this confused as to whether it's "hash" or "shisha". hash is the hard lump of smokey goodness and in other respects there's also "shisha" east indian nummy tobacco. I love smokin' shisha with my muslim friend outta his hooka.

as for drugs not being a "real" issue when compared to economic corruption and murder.... you are so wrong. Drugz are part((notice I say part, not the sole excuse)) of the backbone of murder, a little bit economic wise, bu especially murder. Dealerz encourage druggiez to buy and feed and foster their addiction. ((and before you get all pissy with me, yes I realise that it's a two part relationship. Druggy makes decision to buy in the first place but there's a certain point they reach when helping themselves is no loger possible.)) There are also a million other ways drugz are involved in murder.