PDA

View Full Version : Doh... the communist wins

CommunistCapitalism
11-05-2008, 06:48
now all the lazy people that want to live off government handouts and want to further put our nation into debt (we're already 10 trillion dollars in the hole) you should rejoice now, just think of what he will accomplish: Nothing! He'll pull us out of Iraq, only so he can then declare war on Pakistan, now that seems like a real great idea to win back our global standing. Rejoice that now that Obama is elected corruption will more then triple its size, becuase the more money the government has, the more money that doesn't come back down to the people. Lets just hope his presidency does not last too long...

Satan666
11-05-2008, 15:15
now all the lazy people that want to live off government handouts and want to further put our nation into debt (we're already 10 trillion dollars in the hole) you should rejoice now, just think of what he will accomplish: Nothing! He'll pull us out of Iraq, only so he can then declare war on Pakistan, now that seems like a real great idea to win back our global standing. Rejoice that now that Obama is elected corruption will more then triple its size, becuase the more money the government has, the more money that doesn't come back down to the people. Lets just hope his presidency does not last too long...

no, you have that backwards... thats what would have happened if McCain was elected, Obama is the one getting the country out of the sh#thole bush put us in.

jasonlfunk
11-05-2008, 17:13
no, you have that backwards... thats what would have happened if McCain was elected, Obama is the one getting the country out of the sh#thole bush put us in.

They both have the same flaw - the think the government is the solution. It is not. Government causes more problems then it fixes. Most of this countries problems would be solved if the government would get theirs hands out of the pockets of the people. Free market capitalism works, but unforentually we have not had one for awhile.

Bright
11-05-2008, 18:35
They both have the same flaw - the think the government is the solution. It is not. Government causes more problems then it fixes. Most of this countries problems would be solved if the government would get theirs hands out of the pockets of the people. Free market capitalism works, but unforentually we have not had one for awhile.

It doesn't matter who's in office, change is gonna start with the peeps. If they're not willing to quit blowing money while sitting on their asses thinking the government is always gonna give them food stamps and a welfare check, then we're doomed to stay in the same trap until people help themselves.

As far as the free market goes, there's always the fundamental idea of the 'invisible hand' in economics- unfortunately, the hand is quite visible now. If the market were allowed to carry out its own natural selection, all of the diseased banks and debts would die off, yes it would be a jarring blow to the economy, but it would eventually lead to a new, more resilient market being born out of the ashes.

Not that I completely oppose government intervention here- it would cause shocks all over the world in similar fashion, but I think that there needs to be more regulation and intervention by the courts to investigate all this krap that got us here in the first place.

Tnova
11-05-2008, 18:45
It doesn't matter who was elected. The problems coming are coming no matter who is around for the presidency.

Capitalist...Communist....nothing is going to stop what is coming. There has been no victory in the field of economics for the globe. What we have accomplished will probably be viewed as the best times in our present civilization. My feeling would be the same even if my candidate had won.

Nobody hopes I'm wrong more then me. But everything i see points to bad times coming.

Mr President
11-05-2008, 19:33
It doesn't matter who's in office, change is gonna start with the peeps. If they're not willing to quit blowing money while sitting on their asses thinking the government is always gonna give them food stamps and a welfare check, then we're doomed to stay in the same trap until people help themselves.

As far as the free market goes, there's always the fundamental idea of the 'invisible hand' in economics- unfortunately, the hand is quite visible now. If the market were allowed to carry out its own natural selection, all of the diseased banks and debts would die off, yes it would be a jarring blow to the economy, but it would eventually lead to a new, more resilient market being born out of the ashes.

Not that I completely oppose government intervention here- it would cause shocks all over the world in similar fashion, but I think that there needs to be more regulation and intervention by the courts to investigate all this krap that got us here in the first place.

Last night while watching the election coverage they interviewed a woman who said this was such a touching moment and now she doesn't have to worry about putting gas in her car anymore or paying her mortgage anymore cause if she helps him, he helps her!

This is what i am worried about. This whole spread the wealth stuff is not good. And it's going to cause a lot of problems..

I am hoping this new administration does well though.. Time will tell.. ;)

esco
11-05-2008, 23:54
Then the lady is a stupid *uck... if she wants a miracle she should try praying...

Pure capitalism is just as bad as pure communism. There needs to be a mixture of both but definitely leaning more towards the free market. The government didn't save all the failed banks, just the ones they thought most critical.