PDA

View Full Version : john paul jones hints at zeppelin tour!

northbabylon
11-10-2008, 11:31
i know its like 2 weeks old, but i just want some GD topics that aren't spam or politics.

After weeks of rumor and hearsay, Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones has all but confirmed the band will soon hit the road again. Unfortunately, the reunion this time won’t include Robert Plant. As Jones said to a Manson’s Guitar Show in England last weekend, Jimmy Page, Jason Bohnam and himself are all “itching” to hit the road after reuniting in London back in December 2007. However, Plant has been occupied with his tour with Alison Krauss. So while Plant hopes to reunite with his Led Zep bandmates “in a couple of years,” Jones said Led Zeppelin will instead go on tour with another vocalist in place. “As soon as we know who it is, we’ll let you know who it is,” Jones said of the new singer. (For Rock Daily’s YouTube replacement singers, click here!) This may all be just posturing in an attempt to force Plant’s hand to join them on tour, despite Plant’s claims that he won’t tour again “for at least the next two years.” In news that Led Zeppelin fans might enjoy more than the prospect of seeing the band with another singer, Jones also hinted that the band’s legendary reunion concert from London’s O2 Arena might eventually be released on DVD.

Update: John Paul Jones told the BBC that Led Zeppelin is not looking for a Robert Plant clone. “You could get that out of a tribute band, but we don’t want to be our own tribute band,” Jones said.

Shabaz K
11-10-2008, 20:15
i dont even know anything about them so i dont care:P

-Z-
11-10-2008, 20:25
i dont even know anything about them so i dont care:P

lmao.

I do not know any details about Led Zep...

But I appreciate their music, and I know they are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Stairway to Heaven... might be the best song ever.

Even tho I don't like old music much at all,

(I'm a contract DJ by profession :-)

Some friends of mine recently went to see AC/DC in Toronto, apparently they have still got energy, which is surprising to me...

These dudes seem to be better suited for rocking chairs...

:-)

Z

Shabaz K
11-10-2008, 20:27
i dont liek rock whatso ever, but AC/DC know there ****, better the rolling stones

-Z-
11-10-2008, 20:43
i dont liek rock whatso ever, but AC/DC know there ****, better the rolling stones

How can U not Like Rock?

what do u like?

Z

northbabylon
11-10-2008, 20:44
he doesn't like girls either apparently...so he is kinda of lost when it comes to liking things. =/ jigger is all out of wack.

Shabaz K
11-10-2008, 20:46
How can U not Like Rock?

what do u like?

Z

gay people people dancing

i like punjabi music

-Z-
11-10-2008, 20:50
gay people people dancing

i like punjabi music

LMAO

:scared:

Z

Shabaz K
11-10-2008, 20:52
LMAO

:scared:

Z

you would like them too, i do believe i saw Andy participating in onelol

northbabylon
11-10-2008, 20:57
Led zeppelin is a great band, and i would really do almost anything to see them play live.