PDA

View Full Version : in honor

SmarT
11-11-2008, 21:16
"Family Angel" Beth Ann Kucinich joins the angels

Congressman Dennis Kucinich's youngest sister, Beth Ann, passed away today.
Please keep her and the Kucinich family in your prayers and in your hearts.

Beth AnnCLEVELAND, OH (Tues. Nov. 11) - Proud Army Veteran, Beth Ann Kucinich, beloved youngest sister of Congressman Dennis Kucinich, died today, Veteran's Day, at Veteran's Hospital in Cleveland, after a battle with acute respiratory distress syndrome. She was 48 years old.

Her family was at her side throughout the three week ordeal, as she struggled to survive while on life support.

Beth Ann Kucinich served in the US Army at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. A talented musician as well as an artist, she sold many of her works of art to her fellow veterans at the Brecksville Veterans Center. Her specialty was drawing famous cartoon characters for friends and loved ones on special occasions.

An avid heavy metal fan, she attended many local area concerts and practiced her own music with a guitar, with an extraordinary impression of Janis Joplin.

"She was pure love. Every action, every sentiment, every piece of art, every word she spoke was an expression of love. Beth Ann was our family's angel, our 'Heavy Metal Angel', said her eldest brother Dennis.

"Our brother, Perry, passed away last December. Beth Ann never got over Perry's sudden passing. The two had been inseparable. She talked about Perry constantly and she longed to be with him," Dennis said.

She was the beloved mother of Asher; treasured sister of Dennis, Frank, Gary, Teresa, Larry, and the late Perry Kucinich; and dear aunt and a great aunt.

The Kucinich family will receive visitors at Golubski Funeral Home, 6500 Fullerton Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio on Wednesday, November 12, 4pm to 9pm, and on Thursday from 9:30 am until 11:00. The funeral service will begin at 11:00 am, with interment at Calvary Cemetery

-Z-
11-11-2008, 23:23
how respectful.

I Do not not have as much respect for Soldiers as I should...

And so I will not say much.

Z

-Z-
11-11-2008, 23:24
Lost another Metal fan... Pure love...

Sounded like a cool person,

Z

Green
11-11-2008, 23:26
how respectful.

I Do not not have as much respect for Soldiers as I should...

And so I will not say much.

Z

So just because someone has been in the military at one point means you don't respect them as you know you should?

Am I reading that right?

-Z-
11-12-2008, 00:15
So just because someone has been in the military at one point means you don't respect them as you know you should?

Am I reading that right?

Pretty much yes.

And I suppose by the standards of society I am "wrong", and in my statement I show this.

Most people respect a person for his/her service... and I suppose on the front that they are human beings, and did well for themselves, and worked hard, that is very respectable.

They are as respectable as any hard working person IMO,

but to explain my reasoning...

Its kind of the same reason I sometimes lack respect for lawyers, and alot of venture capitalist, who sit on millions while their neighbors starve.

It is a matter of ethics, and morality.

I am not religious, and also not a pacifist, but, I do believe that murder is wrong.

And murder is only the tip of the ice berg when it comes to military in the last few decades.

I must clarify that I have all the respect in the world for those people that joined the army knowing that they were needed to defend their country. (world wars, in actual defense)

In recent years the American Army have done a number of premptive strikes, causing a whole lot of undesired and unneeded Pain. They have not acted in defense of their country, they have been agressors, and responsible for ffar more death than any other Military group in recent years.

If I was to be respectful of the American Military and its occupants, present or recent past...

I would then only be right to respect AlQaida, Hezbula, the Taliban, and all of their soldiers.

I respect those who deserve it.

Z

Green
11-12-2008, 00:25
In recent years the American Army have done a number of premptive strikes, causing a whole lot of undesired and unneeded Pain. They have not acted in defense of their country, they have been agressors, and responsible for ffar more death than any other Military group in recent years.

Because of this you have less respect than you know you should for EVERYONE labeled a soldier.

:dblthumbup:

SmarT
11-12-2008, 00:43
Pretty much yes.

And I suppose by the standards of society I am "wrong", and in my statement I show this.

Most people respect a person for his/her service... and I suppose on the front that they are human beings, and did well for themselves, and worked hard, that is very respectable.

They are as respectable as any hard working person IMO,

but to explain my reasoning...

Its kind of the same reason I sometimes lack respect for lawyers, and alot of venture capitalist, who sit on millions while their neighbors starve.

It is a matter of ethics, and morality.

I am not religious, and also not a pacifist, but, I do believe that murder is wrong.

And murder is only the tip of the ice berg when it comes to military in the last few decades.

I must clarify that I have all the respect in the world for those people that joined the army knowing that they were needed to defend their country. (world wars, in actual defense)

If I was to be respectful of the American Military and its occupants, present or recent past...

I would then only be right to respect AlQaida, Hezbula, the Taliban, and all of their soldiers.

I respect those who deserve it.

Z

Z, this lady most likely didnt serve in iraq, but served during peace time. which meens she worked humanitarian missions or state side. its not about what you think, the people that serve, they serve for their fathers, their brothers, their life, their liberties, their heritage. granted bush ****ed up, but that page is turned, we u have rather we have no military? would u rather have had Hitler or Stalin running the world?

Xavior
11-12-2008, 00:51
Z, this lady most likely didnt serve in iraq, but served during peace time. which meens she worked humanitarian missions or state side. its not about what you think, the people that serve, they serve for their fathers, their brothers, their life, their liberties, their heritage. granted bush ****ed up, but that page is turned, we u have rather we have no military? would u rather have had Hitler or Stalin running the world?

Whats up with you and Kucinich?

-Z-
11-12-2008, 00:52

No, Like I said, military is needed for defense.

and I respect those who defend.

Z

SmarT
11-12-2008, 01:04
Whats up with you and Kucinich?

i get updates thru his campain for re-election lol and he stole my heart... hes brought 35 different articles of impeachment against bush and cheney, he voted against the patriot act, voted against iraq since the start, he was against the 700 billion dollar bail out, do i need to go on?