PDA

View Full Version : Pirates!~ ARRRRG matey!

-Z-
11-18-2008, 12:33
Pirates hijack Saudi-owned oil tanker; world crude prices up:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2008/11/18/208470.aspx

“This is unprecedented. It’s the largest ship that we’ve seen pirated,” said Lieutenant Nathan Christensen, a spokesman for the Fifth Fleet. “It’s three times the size of an aircraft carrier.”

These Pirates have Balls.

I will be interested to see how this pans out... LOL.

Z

Divine Intervention
11-18-2008, 12:44
Pirates hijack Saudi-owned oil tanker; world crude prices up:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2008/11/18/208470.aspx

“This is unprecedented. It’s the largest ship that we’ve seen pirated,” said Lieutenant Nathan Christensen, a spokesman for the Fifth Fleet. “It’s three times the size of an aircraft carrier.”

These Pirates have Balls.

I will be interested to see how this pans out... LOL.

Z

this sounds like a brilliant idea for a new season of:

http://www.spicepuppy.com/2007/05/bauer.jpg

KLL
11-18-2008, 12:56
its actually about the same size of an aircraft carrier, it can jsut take 3 times the payload

but its always a question of how big the carrier is

-Z-
11-18-2008, 12:57
this sounds like a brilliant idea for a new season of:

http://www.spicepuppy.com/2007/05/bauer.jpg

I that "the shield"

"fighting, to keep the rich rolling, and the poor dieing"

Z

Max Logan
11-19-2008, 04:55
According to one Russian newspaper, the Somalian pirates are all hired by CIA, so the USA can take over African richest parts! ;)

Bram Gotink
11-19-2008, 05:05
why doesn't that surprise me ...

@ Anton : Hasn't Jack suffered enough? He died, twice; he lost his wife; his daughter thought him dead; he got imprisoned by the Chinese etc.
btw: last season I've seen was where Jack came back from the Chinese so the president could use him as a bargain with terrorists ...
Credibility : none, so I quit watching after that season...

BTW: why didn't they do this on the "Talk like a pirate"-day ? That would be ironic XD

p-kitty
11-19-2008, 08:51
because they're pirates? they talk like pirates everyday!

Bram Gotink
11-19-2008, 08:52
Do they? Do they really?

// pictures a Saudi Pirate saying : Ahoy, Mateys... Yo ho and a bottle of rum ! //

Blackwater
11-19-2008, 12:24
I can see this being a cash cow for private security corporations. Anyone want to invest with me?

ooga booga
11-19-2008, 13:41
I heard about this yesterday in one of my classes too, I'm glad I finally could read a link on it. I agree with Z, you got to have balls to steal a freaking $100million oil tanker, lol. Looks like they need some more security in the water down there. You'd think they'd be able to track them down and capture the pirates!

Max Logan
11-19-2008, 16:04
Not even speaking of the Ukraine cargo ship loaded with tanks, mortars and bazookas lol

-Z-
11-20-2008, 00:00
Not even speaking of the Ukraine cargo ship loaded with tanks, mortars and bazookas lol

this was also Hijacked?!

CIA eh...

lol

hmmmmm...

well they are either very stupid or very smart.

Z

KLL
11-20-2008, 08:03
I heard about this yesterday in one of my classes too, I'm glad I finally could read a link on it. I agree with Z, you got to have balls to steal a freaking $100million oil tanker, lol. Looks like they need some more security in the water down there. You'd think they'd be able to track them down and capture the pirates!

they have trcked it down.
but what are they gonan do? blow up an oil tanker?

Max Logan
11-20-2008, 12:53
now that would cause a mess. economical and ecological

they`ll rather let them dock somewhere and high tail

KLL
11-23-2008, 17:15
25 million USD ransom money.

thats cheap, the oil is worth 100 million itself, the ship about 150 million and the 25 crew members over 300 USD. Thats basicly 550 million. paying jsut less than 5% of that is more than justified. i owdner what'll happen.

especialy considering some random muslim fundamentalists want to attack the pirates

Xavior
11-23-2008, 17:18
The 25 crew are only worth 300 USD?

I'll buy them instead and make them my slaves ;)

Bram Gotink
11-23-2008, 17:19
25 million USD ransom money.

thats cheap, the oil is worth 100 million itself, the ship about 150 million and the 25 crew members over 300 USD. Thats basicly 550 million. paying jsut less than 5% of that is more than justified. i owdner what'll happen.

especialy considering some random muslim fundamentalists want to attack the pirates
lol

Blow up an oil tanker lmao ... If they do, they should tape it and send the tape to all the tv stations in the entire world ... That would make my day.

KLL
11-23-2008, 17:38
i thought it'd go without saying that i'm talking millions (especialy if you look at my following calculation)

Xavior
11-23-2008, 17:48
One crew = 12 million USD??

There goes my plan :(

KLL
11-23-2008, 18:10
1 human life is worth 10 million €

Xavior
11-23-2008, 18:15
Is that what the EU decided?

KLL
11-23-2008, 18:25
american researchers. well that figure was stated by Mankiw anyway.
german researchers figured it'd be 1.72 million € for a man and 1.43 million é for a woman.
other americans say its on average around 7 million USD others put it at around 4-5 million.
depends on how you calculate it to be honest.

ooga booga
11-23-2008, 21:28
they have trcked it down.
but what are they gonan do? blow up an oil tanker?

lol, well I was thinking something the more like trapping them or boarding them or something. :P But I guess that is harder than it sounds, and you're right they can't blow it up, haha. So are they just waiting till the Pirates dock it? Have they docked it by now?

KLL
11-24-2008, 04:51
lol, well I was thinking something the more like trapping them or boarding them or something. :P But I guess that is harder than it sounds, and you're right they can't blow it up, haha. So are they just waiting till the Pirates dock it? Have they docked it by now?

afaik they are in some somali port already.
islamists are preparing for an attack...
but i guess if some actual military, with chances of taking the pirates down, shows up, the pritates might aswell blow the tanker up themselves.

the saudis paying up is imo the most sensible thign to do.
pay now, kill later

Bram Gotink
11-24-2008, 09:57
Is that what the EU decided?
The EU can decide stuff? That's the first time I ever heard that...

american researchers. well that figure was stated by Mankiw anyway.
german researchers figured it'd be 1.72 million € for a man and 1.43 million é for a woman.
other americans say its on average around 7 million USD others put it at around 4-5 million.
depends on how you calculate it to be honest.
A human life is far too expensive... I would say : try numbers with a lot more zeros in them.

Which brings me to a question I had : are all humans worth the same?
Or are the heterosexual lot of you worth more than the gay?
The women worth more than the men?
The Caucasian worth more than the Asian?
The rich worth more than the poor?
Europeans & Americans worth more than Africans?
Young people worth more than old people (define old?)?

The answers to all the questions (except the first) : yes, tho I think the answer to the first should be yes instead of no...

KLL
11-24-2008, 12:58
The EU can decide stuff? That's the first time I ever heard that...

A human life is far too expensive... I would say : try numbers with a lot more zeros in them.

Which brings me to a question I had : are all humans worth the same?
Or are the heterosexual lot of you worth more than the gay?
The women worth more than the men?
The Caucasian worth more than the Asian?
The rich worth more than the poor?
Europeans & Americans worth more than Africans?
Young people worth more than old people (define old?)?

The answers to all the questions (except the first) : yes, tho I think the answer to the first should be yes instead of no...
numbers with more 0s would ruin the economy.