PDA

View Full Version : Implements for December Set

Mr President
11-23-2008, 14:54
Below is a list of changes that will be implemented next set. These will be the final changes on this server.

- Bonuses -
All members will now receive there bonus turns. Premium accounts do not have to click the links to receive them. Non Premium members do...

- War Declaration Reasons -

when a nation declares war and states a reason, it is now viewable by everyone in the External News.

- Seeking Nation Listing -

States can now add there state name to a "States Seeking Nation" listing.
Nations are able to view this listing through the "member states" tab. Nations are able to click on names and send messages from this screen as well.

- Retaliation -

Nations who have to do a simple retal is now able to declare Retaliation against another nation. Peace can be declare 5 min after retal has been declared. Attacks will cost only 2 turns and you are able to put a reason for the retaliation as well.

- Sanction Tech -

A new tech has been added. This is called "Sanction Tech". In order to declare sanctions against another nation, you must first have a MINIMUM of 155% in Sanction tech. As Sanctions are declared and or nation size increases, this tech drops accordingly. This will help give a small boost to the techer strat.

- Sanctions -

Nations are now able to declare sanctions against another. When you declare sanctions, that nation is not able to attack anyone in your nation. And you are not able to attack anyone in that nation. Sanctions can be over ridden by EITHER nation with a war declaration.. So if nation "A" decalres sanctions on nation "B", and then nation "B" declares war on nation "A", the sanctions are instantly removed.

You are NOT able to declare sanctions against a nation you are currently at war or retal with.

As started above, a nation must first have AT LEAST 155% of Sanction Tech.

Nations can end Sanctions after 24hrs.

The December set is a trial set for the sanctions. I know many have concerns over this, but i think you will find it a little nicer then you think.
nations who declare sanctions also pay a price between sanction tech and not being able to attack sanctioned nation states.

Please remember that ANYTHING that is implemented into the game CAN and WILL be removed if it fails. Nothing added is permanent. In order to continue to grow we must try different things and then track to make sure they are working. If they don't work well, then we remove them and try something else. So please give all of these a changes a chance.

If you have any questions, please post them below.

thanks

Xavior
11-23-2008, 17:20
Exellent job as usual, Pres :)

Rassputtin
11-23-2008, 17:56
are these changes including any changes to the patriot act or is that a seperate issue / announcement?

L P
11-23-2008, 18:57
Can I get a further explanation of sanctions?

Is this restricted to one nation at a time or can a nation declare on multiple nations? (example being and Expander Nation puts sanctions on all other nations to avoid being grabbed.)

Did you mean that sanction Tech was consumed over time and had to be replenished over time? (Hey, that's an idea to make Tercher strat work all set :P)

Thanks!

Xavior
11-23-2008, 19:02

Is this restricted to one nation at a time or can a nation declare on multiple nations? (example being and Expander Nation puts sanctions on all other nations to avoid being grabbed.)

Did you mean that sanction Tech was consumed over time and had to be replenished over time? (Hey, that's an idea to make Tercher strat work all set :P)

Thanks!

I assumed that each day the tech would go down, placing a limit on the number of days you can be sanctioned?

Calvin74
11-23-2008, 19:03
also is there a timeline on how long from the time sanction peace is declared to when you can redeclare sanctions?
it has to last for a minimum of 24 hours but could you theorectically grab people in 1 nation then dec sanctions and wait 36 hours and then undec real fast grab again and re-declare sanctions in say a 10 min span?

Crimson Shadow
11-23-2008, 22:04

Thats the whole point of making it require tech to use them :P

And they look to be good implementations so far pres. Only thing I am not a huge fan of is Sanctions, but it is hard to tell without experiencing a set with them.

-Z-
11-24-2008, 08:51
the sanctions should be interesting...

Z

Aragorn33
11-24-2008, 17:48
Sanctions will be interesting.
Is there a limit on the amount of nations you can sanction with?
Because i could see that getting messy.

Divine Intervention
11-24-2008, 17:49

no limit but from what i understand you can only declare sanctions when the Sanctions tech is at 155%...and it goes down each time you declare...so youd have to keep the tech levels up pretty high (costing a lot of money i imagine)...not to mention the potential problems with nations using this as excuse to war.

Rassputtin
11-24-2008, 23:31
are these changes including any changes to the patriot act or is that a seperate issue / announcement?

really like any info regarding this question if anyone has it?

Mr President
11-25-2008, 18:07
The Patriot Act will be a separate issue.

Mr President
11-25-2008, 19:16

Thanks!

Right now Nations are able to declare sanctions against up to 3 other nations at a time. This amount can be changed up or down after further testing has been done.

Sanction tech levels are effected by the same things all the other techs are effect by (land) plus one more thing, declarations of Sanctions. When a nation declares sanctions against another, it reduces sanction tech by 500,000... So it's costly to declare sanctions, which will help keep the abuse down. Nations are not going to want to keep this tech replenished all the time so ppl can abuse it.. But with 2 factors reducing tech levels, it will give a boost to the techer strat.. Cause now even more tech will be purchased, and there will be a greater need to tech all set.. instead of the start. The 500,000 tech points can and will be adjusted after further testing. it's hard finding the sweet spot with only a few testers.. that is why it needs to be implemented to make the final adjustments.

also is there a timeline on how long from the time sanction peace is declared to when you can redeclare sanctions?
it has to last for a minimum of 24 hours but could you theorectically grab people in 1 nation then dec sanctions and wait 36 hours and then undec real fast grab again and re-declare sanctions in say a 10 min span?

Once Sanctions are declared, there is a min of 24hrs before you can end the sanctions.. Or, if either nation declares war, it automatically drops the sanctions between the two warring nations.

you can only place sanctions against 3 nations at a time. This may raise or lower depending on further testing.

Mr President
11-25-2008, 21:59
Seeing we are only a day away from the end of the set, i am adding a few of the new implements in now.. Nothing that will have a drastic change. I just need to get ahead a little seeing thursday won't be that productive for me :-)

I have implemented the Recruitment/Seeking nation idea.

There is a new tab on the menu called Recruitment. This will list Nations seeking members and States Seeking Nations.

Any member who is looking for a nation can add his/her name to the list by going into "game preferences" and clicking "add to listing". For those who forget (like me) there is a reminder notice on the home news page reminding you that you are on the list with the link to remove yourself.

The bonus page will be added in about 5 min. You will be able to see the links, but no turns are given out till next set..

More updates will be added tomorrow..

Xavior
11-25-2008, 23:09
It seems that when you join a nation while you are on the listing, you are not automatically taken off. I think it should be left like this, for there may be states which are currently in a nation but are seeking another one.

Looks good :)

Divine Intervention
11-26-2008, 07:46
i think one of the bonus turn links should be directed straight into Portal so that more people visit.

Mr President
11-26-2008, 16:59
It seems that when you join a nation while you are on the listing, you are not automatically taken off. I think it should be left like this, for there may be states which are currently in a nation but are seeking another one.

Looks good :)

No i made it so it didn't clear out when someone joined or was in a nation. That way ppl can look while still in a nation. This is why i put the reminder notice on the home page, so incase you do join a nation you have something to remind you to remove your name from the list.

i think one of the bonus turn links should be directed straight into Portal so that more people visit.

not a bad idea..

Divine Intervention
11-26-2008, 17:09
i cant find this tab :blush:

Mr President
11-26-2008, 18:01
it's under the cheaters/terrorist tab..

it's called Recruitment!

Divine Intervention
11-26-2008, 18:10
it's under the cheaters/terrorist tab..

it's called Recruitment!

ooh i was looking in "member states/nation list" :blush:
i see it now. looks v.good :)

BeeNo
12-01-2008, 17:14
"Retaliation-

Retaliation is used for states inside a nation who has a simple retal for
illegal attacks made against them. It will cost 2 turns for war attacks.
You are able to put a reason for declaration, and you are also able to end
the retaliation after 10 min. Using Retaliation as a means of war is
against the rules. Please use it the way it's meant to be used. Retals can
not be declared against a nation you are already at war with or have
sanctions against or from."

i feel like this will get abused, and we'll have to deal with potential rollback, or just a messy situation. I like this idea, just not lowered turns required to attack.

Bram Gotink
12-01-2008, 17:27
"Retaliation-

Retaliation is used for states inside a nation who has a simple retal for
illegal attacks made against them. It will cost 2 turns for war attacks.
You are able to put a reason for declaration, and you are also able to end
the retaliation after 10 min. Using Retaliation as a means of war is
against the rules. Please use it the way it's meant to be used. Retals can
not be declared against a nation you are already at war with or have
sanctions against or from."

i feel like this will get abused, and we'll have to deal with potential rollback, or just a messy situation. I like this idea, just not lowered turns required to attack.

the lowered turns is the point of declaring retaliation !
That's why everyone used to declare war, to spend less turns retalling...
It says pretty clearly that this should not be used as a substitute for declaring war, so I'm sure that Mr P will punish all that abuse this ...

BeeNo
12-02-2008, 17:22
and i remember the leaders signing on and kicking guys outa the nation during wars to make em use more turns.

Divine Intervention
12-02-2008, 17:25
and i remember the leaders signing on and kicking guys outa the nation during wars to make em use more turns.

you're no longer allowed to do this :) p.s. Mr P. can you clear out the inactive auto-remade states for next set? it looks so bad seeing like soooo many states which are autocreated then not used. each set theyre remade....is this on your to do list :blush: ?