PDA

View Full Version : Noahs Ark...

-Z-
11-24-2008, 07:54
a few questions about Noahs Ark...

How did Noah manage to get 1 of each gender of every insect on earth?

(this seems like 100x the task of building the ark!)

Z

KLL
11-24-2008, 09:56
most insects can fly

-Z-
11-24-2008, 12:53
most insects can fly

i think there are thousands of species that can not...

Z

KLL
11-24-2008, 18:16
i think there are thousands of species that can not...

Z

they can swim.
or did you ever see an ant drown?

Grendel Khan
11-25-2008, 04:38
It wasn't one or each gender.

It was Two of each "Un-Clean animal", and Seven of every "Clean". (or 14 of every clean)

Max Logan
11-25-2008, 13:04
He asked them? :blink:

-Z-
11-25-2008, 15:31
It wasn't one or each gender.

It was Two of each "Un-Clean animal", and Seven of every "Clean". (or 14 of every clean)

where did u get this im interested?

Z

KLL
11-25-2008, 15:35

Zscience probably :P

Divine Intervention
11-25-2008, 15:37
He asked them? :blink:

nah just spread their legs and had a peek i imagine :glare:

MAGGIO
11-25-2008, 15:52
he didnt do anything bout finding the animals. GOD brought the animals to him! Havent you seen the movie Evan Almighty? Man you guys are such loosers

Max Logan
11-25-2008, 17:00
he didnt do anything bout finding the animals. GOD brought the animals to him! Havent you seen the movie Evan Almighty? Man you guys are such loosers

OMFG! How didn`t I think of it! Awww **** that man, you`re sooo smart!! :o

Grendel Khan
11-25-2008, 17:18

Z

Genesis 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Genesis 7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

Fangz
11-25-2008, 17:21
why no mention of plants? wouldn't 40 days of being drowned in salt water kill most plants?

Divine Intervention
11-25-2008, 17:25
why no mention of plants? wouldn't 40 days of being drowned in salt water kill most plants?

us humans need only one plant to survive:

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/images/growing_cannabis/a_hothouseflowers/pakistan-cannabis-plant.jpg

i assume it will provide us with plenty of oxygen, yes :D?

Fangz
11-25-2008, 17:30
Z that plant would have never lasted 40 days on a boat with you.

edit: hmm, that wasn't posted by Z...oh well i'm leaving it anyway.

Divine Intervention
11-25-2008, 17:31

-Z- is an amateur :P

Grendel Khan
11-25-2008, 17:51
Only food stores are mentioned, and not very clearly (as if any of the tale is clear).

BUT, there are research sites about the feasibility of Noah's Ark and the great deluge. Some are inane enough to claim the great deluge never happened, even though it's recorded in most every culture around the world (Yes, it is NOT the property of Christians).

On one site it gives possibilities for plant survival due to seeds, or floating vegetation masses, and even uses these floating vegetation masses as the platforms in which many insect lifeforms would/could have survived.

A few thoughts I have on Noah's Ark:

It wasn't the only survivors. Mayans had people that went into an underground cave, Mormons had a "hollow log" type thing that brought them to America, Sumerians had Gilgamesh as the captain of the vessel, The Chinese had a story, that I can't remember all of at the moment, but there is a pattern of many different survivors.

AS live specimen, 450' x 45' x 40' is definitely NOT enough space to contain even 1 of every species of animal upon the planet. Especially IF you consider that Christians Do not believe in evolution of animals. All types of animals MUST have been present in their Myth. It is demanded by the rest of their belief system.

The most Logical way that all the species of animals in the world could be contained in an Ark would be as embryos, and even that is highly doubtful as to having enough storage space for all of those embryos.

More possible in a storage consideration would be digitized DNA information of each species. But you would then have to have the ability to have a Material mass that could be manipulated to the DNA form for each species when you wanted to "get your animals back".

Far from me stating that conclusively the Tale of Noah's Ark smacks of high tech science application, but it is a plausibility that probably is more believable then shoving way too many animals into a tiny space. Considering that a "greater being" is to have helped Noah with the construction, gathering, and implementation of Noah's Ark Project, it does make someone wonder how is that "being" superior? Was that being beneficiary of advanced technological wisdom?

Who's to say, but I do have to lean towards advanced technology to explain the "Ark".

Cape
11-27-2008, 09:59
Here's an idea, Noah's ark is a fantasy story and the world wide flood never occurred, problems solved :)

Know I'll let you all go back to finding your ginger bread houses and the woods and the never ending search for that dang golden egg laying goose ;)

-Z-
11-28-2008, 00:09
seriously...

an ark...

WTF

why didnt God blink all humans out of existence...after all she is god.

Z

SmarT
11-28-2008, 00:39
seriously...

an ark...

WTF

why didnt God blink all humans out of existence...after all she is god.

Z

i love you for that Z :D

-Z-
11-28-2008, 01:17

I quit smoking cannabis for the most part.

I still respect it for being overall the best plant on earth.

Z

Grendel Khan
11-30-2008, 14:32
Here's an idea, Noah's ark is a fantasy story and the world wide flood never occurred, problems solved :)

Know I'll let you all go back to finding your ginger bread houses and the woods and the never ending search for that dang golden egg laying goose ;)

Considering how many WORLD cultures record the deluge, it's pretty safe to assume the "flood" DID in fact happen. The application of an Ark and how it fits into the picture is definitely up to speculation.

-- Not to mention the universal sediment level found world wide, leads SCIENTISTS to state that a flood did in fact happen, because we have evidence of a scientific nature pointing to it's occurrence.

Could "Noah's Ark" be allegory? Easily, if looked at from a perspective separate from the Christian condition. Could The Ark be an attempt at reporting advanced tech with a limited ability to explain/describe it? Also easily accepted. Especially if you look at some of the other books such as Ezekiel.

Ezekiel is a good read for most anyone, BTW. It's got some VERY strange things described, as well as being a "book" full of interesting prophecy information. I'm not inclined to make any final decisions about just what is being attempted to be described in Ezekiel, but it is fascinating, and understandably COULD lead one to believe there are/were several examples of advanced tech being described.

-- Note, this is not an attempt to discredit of belittle anyone's belief system. It is merely a statement of intriguing information found in an "historic" account.