PDA

View Full Version : 1st Sanctions Declared!

-Z-
12-07-2008, 23:03
WLF and TNG have declared sanctions against Prey.

Lets see how this works, it should be interesting to see how it effects the #1 state.

Z

ooga booga
12-07-2008, 23:42
Interesting... certainly limits the targets all 3 nations can hit (hurting Prey the most since now they can't SA 2 whole nations). Interesting indeed. :think::

kingmyth
12-08-2008, 01:20
Me thinks prey won't take this sitting down......i hope. I want to see some warfare.

Blackwater
12-08-2008, 01:38
If they do war they'll be slaughtered based on the numbers against them. Their only chance is diplomacy and quickly at that otherwise their top states will suffer.

Aragorn33
12-08-2008, 02:19
So I think it would be really funny if more nations declared sanctions.

Missionary
12-08-2008, 05:53
Souls Of Misfortune[SOUL] has declared Sanctions against The Next Generation[TNG]
Reason: Aragorn33 wishes

lmao :D

KelpKris
12-08-2008, 08:17
How to screw small yet successful nation - use sanctions.

Reason for the Sanctions: Infantry hording with out intention to upgrade your states, we can't let it pass. When having top10 states that can be broken by 100k restarts, we can't let is pass. Next to that we also don't like feeders.

Oh, and WLF why don't you declare sanctions to SOUL then? Their TOP state can be broken by 1k restart, so you can't let it pass.

DBozMen
12-08-2008, 11:38

Oh, and WLF why don't you declare sanctions to SOUL then? Their TOP state can be broken by 1k restart, so you can't let it pass.

Having 1 state which does that is not a really big problem, having 90% of the states doing that is.

Mrmcjoey15
12-08-2008, 12:02
well im glad we did this TNG + WLF working together againpaci

i missed out a good grab beacause of it tho

Fangz
12-08-2008, 13:10
hmm, this should make my set a little more interesting.

glad i didn't hoard so many inf to get GRIM sanctioned.

Max Logan
12-08-2008, 14:04
i need to work on those upgrades :o

KelpKris
12-08-2008, 15:18
Having 1 state which does that is not a really big problem, having 90% of the states doing that is.

Hard to believe actually because I don't think there would be any sanctions if we'd be out of top10 so I have a feeling there is a conspiracy against us (read Estonians). In short just a lame way trying to eat us out of top10 (especially top1).

And I'm suspecting someone from WLF blew up all the buildings of one of my member earlier this set.

DBozMen
12-08-2008, 15:33
Hard to believe actually because I don't think there would be any sanctions if we'd be out of top10 so I have a feeling there is a conspiracy against us (read Estonians). In short just a lame way trying to eat us out of top10 (especially top1).

And I'm suspecting someone from WLF blew up all the buildings of one of my member earlier this set.

If we wanted to "eat" you, we would have declared war and kill ever other state, but instead we wanted you to teach how to play balanced.

If you can't do that... We'll put sanctions upon your nation.

KelpKris
12-08-2008, 16:00
If we wanted to "eat" you, we would have declared war and kill ever other state, but instead we wanted you to teach how to play balanced.

If you can't do that... We'll put sanctions upon your nation.

How to play balanced eh? More like compensating the lack of good netting skill. And a balanced state can make you feel more safe but the truth is that you only need mass ships and then mass jets to kill of that state.

DBozMen
12-08-2008, 16:09
How to play balanced eh? More like compensating the lack of good netting skill. And a balanced state can make you feel more safe but the truth is that you only need mass ships and then mass jets to kill of that state.

If you call Inf only a good netting skill, your only going to make it harder for yourselves.

We declared the sanctions and gave you 50 state less to grab, by seeing your attitude this number can only increase.

::LD::GrimReapr
12-08-2008, 16:32

Then again your not balanced and can be easily killed by GA's as patriot Pino found out last set the number 1 guy could have been killed/maimed by someone less than half his size with a balanced state.
Im talking Infantry,jets and ships not massing 1 or the other Im talking about the same or about the same NW in all those units.

Mr President
12-08-2008, 16:40
The new Sanction feature seems to be doing what it was intended to do..

Adding a whole new diplomatic element to the game. So now PREY needs to either war to get out of these, or sit down at the diplomatic table and make some deals..

I really love this new feature... Just makes me miss leading even more :(

12-08-2008, 16:45
You can always start a new nation there MR.P.

ooga booga
12-08-2008, 17:01
You can always start a new nation there MR.P.

Pffffft!!! What person in his right mind would let himself be lead by Mr. P? :P :dblthumbup: I'm on fire today lol

It does make it interesting. It would be fun to see it if Prey had top 2 states and WLF or TNG were right below them. Because there are loopholes in the Sanctions system that could really screw someone over :)

Hoebawt
12-08-2008, 17:47
knowing a loop hole and not reporting is considered cheating.....

ooga booga
12-08-2008, 18:30
knowing a loop hole and not reporting is considered cheating.....

When it is doing nothing illegal in the game, it isn't cheating. It's called bypassing the Sanctions. It's extremely easy to do (one of the options is declaring war, which last I looked isn't cheating. :)) So I guess it's not really a "loophole" but there are plenty of ways "around it" :p

KelpKris
12-08-2008, 18:34
The new Sanction feature seems to be doing what it was intended to do..

Adding a whole new diplomatic element to the game. So now PREY needs to either war to get out of these, or sit down at the diplomatic table and make some deals..

I really love this new feature... Just makes me miss leading even more :(

Yea, it really does what's intended to - pissing some people off and disappointing them (e.g. me).

And obviously this doesn't end before we're out of top(1) so this is some cool diplomacy.

-Z-
12-08-2008, 19:13
Yea, it really does what's intended to - pissing some people off and disappointing them (e.g. me).

And obviously this doesn't end before we're out of top(1) so this is some cool diplomacy.

Prey has made no attempts at any diplomacy as far as I can tell.

and You estonians... lol you are like some black people, allways playing the race card, (national card in your case)

lol,

I have nothing against estonians in specific, I was angry at Kannman when he did similar things, I get angry at jameswheel when he gets all his uber grabs, and such, My anger and annoyance does not only settle on Estonians.

Also Netting skills does not = massive INF.

Massive INF = I wish I could net, but I cant, so I need all these INF to make up for it. ;-)

Z

Divine Intervention
12-08-2008, 19:57
how would declaring a retal work on the sanctions? cancel them out?

MAGGIO
12-08-2008, 20:16
GP

Mr President
12-08-2008, 20:18
how would declaring a retal work on the sanctions? cancel them out?

No.. the only way to cancel them out is if either nation declares war on the other OR if the nation who declared the sanctions, ends them.

Mr President
12-08-2008, 20:22

kelp, would you rather have them war you guys?

Sanctions are a diplomatic attempt to actually keep a nation from warring. I understand that it would piss you off, but thats kinda what they are meant to do.. It makes people come to the table and work on disagreements without having to go to war..

After a few days of sanctions, most nations are feeling the pinch and are ready to talk with other heads of state to work on a solution to have them removed. I personally really like the new implement. And when used properly, it's really an effective tool. But Sanctions do hurt the nation who declared them too.. Cause nobody in WLF can hit your states either..

-Z-
12-08-2008, 20:41

Sanctions are a diplomatic attempt to actually keep a nation from warring. I understand that it would piss you off, but thats kinda what they are meant to do.. It makes people come to the table and work on disagreements without having to go to war..

After a few days of sanctions, most nations are feeling the pinch and are ready to talk with other heads of state to work on a solution to have them removed. I personally really like the new implement. And when used properly, it's really an effective tool. But Sanctions do hurt the nation who declared them too.. Cause nobody in WLF can hit your states either..

true...

there have been a few good grabs I missed on Prey states recently :-(

I think I will like this sanctions too.... lets see how it works!

Z

KelpKris
12-08-2008, 22:17
Prey has made no attempts at any diplomacy as far as I can tell.

and You estonians... lol you are like some black people, allways playing the race card, (national card in your case)

lol,

I have nothing against estonians in specific, I was angry at Kannman when he did similar things, I get angry at jameswheel when he gets all his uber grabs, and such, My anger and annoyance does not only settle on Estonians.

Also Netting skills does not = massive INF.

Massive INF = I wish I could net, but I cant, so I need all these INF to make up for it. ;-)

Z

It just happens to be that most of us are in the same nation and if you have most of the players from the same nationality in one nation then yes, it's **** good to play that card (you may not have nothing against estonians but yet you can only see on flag behind our state names). And I doubt whether those kind of things make our community larger.

I don't think the discussion whether we have good netters or not is needed.

I may be mad, but I'm not insane.

There is a reason why there is no war, 29 vs 11 wouldn't be fair.
What they are meant to do? Making some of us forget NW and showing that how isolated one nation can be.
The only effectiveness I have found so far is one big frustration.

Mrmcjoey15
12-08-2008, 22:49
There is a reason why there is no war, 29 vs 11 wouldn't be fair.
What they are meant to do? Making some of us forget NW and showing that how isolated one nation can be.
The only effectiveness I have found so far is one big frustration.
your seeing it all wrong

without sanctions im sure WLF or TNG would just have thought of warring you right out but beacuse of them your states are safe its really benifiting you if you would only stop the hoarding and promise not to feed any more =P

Divine Intervention
12-08-2008, 23:07
Margus didn't get feed though. i was informed by one of my friends that he was on 0 hits and is a good grab. since i couldn't break i gave to Margus. Sure i could have just let it stay there but that would have meant viets probably getting him ::puked:: i was watching Margus closely this set and although i didn't see the jump itself i do know that he got himself prepared for it in a fair way getting several v.good grabs.

ooga booga
12-08-2008, 23:19
Margus didn't get feed though. i was informed by one of my friends that he was on 0 hits and is a good grab. since i couldn't break i gave to Margus. Sure i could have just let it stay there but that would have meant viets probably getting him ::puked:: i was watching Margus closely this set and although i didn't see the jump itself i do know that he got himself prepared for it in a fair way getting several v.good grabs.

You see people? Margus didn't do foul play. Anton gave a great player an extra bonus and blew the top spot for everyone! I declare sanctions on Anton. :P

Divine Intervention
12-08-2008, 23:39
yah and i also show great grabs to players in WLF, GRIM, SLOB etc when i can't grab myself. your point?

Mahdi
12-08-2008, 23:41
boot Anton and declare sanctions on any nation he joins! lol jk but seriously

Fangz
12-08-2008, 23:48
yah and i also show great grabs to players in WLF, GRIM, SLOB etc when i can't grab myself. your point?

where was my help?:angry:

ooga booga
12-09-2008, 00:02

There are about 3 current active players that are already at a higher level than the rest of the game that they don't need any help really. Margus I consider 1 of those 3. :P Basically I was just joking though... lighten up. :)

Divine Intervention
12-09-2008, 00:04
where was my help?:angry:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/765/fangzwg3.jpg

always appearing offline :crying:

Fangz
12-09-2008, 00:14
excuses excuses

jameswheel
12-09-2008, 00:34
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/765/fangzwg3.jpg

always appearing offline :crying:
I'm having the same problem with him.

Fangz
12-09-2008, 00:47
i don't have u guys blocked or anything. i assure you i've been on MSN all afternoon and evening.

northbabylon
12-09-2008, 00:53
i talk to fangz almost everyday...so you guys just have bad timing?

Max Logan
12-09-2008, 01:01
i don't have u guys blocked or anything. i assure you i've been on MSN all afternoon and evening.

for once you could 'show' it! :mad:

12-09-2008, 01:31

I can assure you this man isnt hiding or offline ive talked to him almost the whole weekend.

Missionary
12-09-2008, 05:27
I can assure you this man isnt hiding or offline ive talked to him almost the whole weekend.

poor you :P

1 state doing it is differnt to 13 doing it.

considering this is something rass is very passionate about im surprised GRIM hasnt declared sanctions on PREY.

12-09-2008, 05:47
Rass Isnt leading GRIM as you should know by now everyone in GRIM has a say as to what goes on.PT::: :popcorns:

Max Logan
12-09-2008, 13:48
Rass Isnt leading GRIM as you should know by now everyone in GRIM has a say as to what goes on.PT::: :popcorns:

Ban Rass! PT:::

12-09-2008, 14:17
I can't Ban my brother he is after all showing the relativley new guys how to redturn. help:::

Bram Gotink
12-09-2008, 16:04
I can't Ban my brother he is after all showing the relativley new guys how to redturn. help:::

lol
I hates those hobbits ... euhm, I meant to say redturns :D

Rassputtin
12-09-2008, 17:11
I'm not leading [GRIM] this set. I stepped out to let my far more active, available and reachable brother LD GRIM take over.

This set I am more of an advisor. :discussion:

As far as sanctions go, I'm still undecided as to whether I like them or not.

As far as declaring them, particularly because of the hording I am at a loss currently because sadly I am hording infantry this set.

Which was my whole beef to start with, you can't hit anyone within 20 spots higher or lower than you unless you horde infantry.

So sadly, this set I have decided I want to be able to grab people with a million less net than me. Unfortunately because of the way everyone plays, I'm forced to horde inf myself to do that. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

ooga booga
12-09-2008, 17:16
I'm not leading [GRIM] this set. I stepped out to let my far more active, available and reachable brother LD GRIM take over.

This set I am more of an advisor. :discussion:

As far as sanctions go, I'm still undecided as to whether I like them or not.

As far as declaring them, particularly because of the hording I am at a loss currently because sadly I am hording infantry this set.

Which was my whole beef to start with, you can't hit anyone within 20 spots higher or lower than you unless you horde infantry.

So sadly, this set I have decided I want to be able to grab people with a million less net than me. Unfortunately because of the way everyone plays, I'm forced to horde inf myself to do that. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

You have given in to the powers of evil. :( :crying:

*looks at his overview*..... ah crap I'm hording inf too. :( :crying:

Bram Gotink
12-09-2008, 17:22
You have given in to the powers of evil. :( :crying:

Ooga, you should know this : They have cookies !
Join the dark side ...

*looks at his overview*..... ah crap I'm hording inf too. :( :crying:
join the club

Divine Intervention
12-09-2008, 17:29
tbf, having seen Margus's overview i can safely say he won't be broken anytime soon by restarts. or probably any of the top10 states either. has quite a good state. so i guess sanctions can be lifted :thinking:?

Missionary
12-09-2008, 19:37
i can break margus. and thats not something i can normally do :P

Divine Intervention
12-09-2008, 19:50
i can break margus. and thats not something i can normally do :P

considering your on 1mill NW + 9k land atm im assuming youre a stocker in which case no **** you can break him if you used your stock. any top1 can be killed. thats not the point, the point was whether Margus state could have been broken by restarts/people much smaller than him.

Xavior
12-09-2008, 19:53
considering your on 1mill NW + 9k land atm im assuming youre a stocker in which case no **** you can break him if you used your stock. any top1 can be killed. thats not the point, the point was whether Margus state could have been broken by restarts/people much smaller than him.

Shhhh!

-Chris-
12-09-2008, 21:32
Sanctions shouldn't be used unless as a non-violent protest.

Chris does not approve.
::pitty::

Hoebawt
12-09-2008, 21:59
Chris wat do u think this is?

-Chris-
12-09-2008, 22:16
Chris wat do u think this is?
I saw WLF so i figured it was violent. sorry its a stereotype

-Z-
12-10-2008, 02:21
Non Violent = the way to go.

(pppfpft, If ur a dog)
lol

Z

Mahdi
12-10-2008, 03:40
WLF is stepping up in the community and not resorting to violence, yet no one appreciates it... **** shame

DBozMen
12-10-2008, 04:39
tbf, having seen Margus's overview i can safely say he won't be broken anytime soon by restarts. or probably any of the top10 states either. has quite a good state. so i guess sanctions can be lifted :thinking:?

Yet again it took sanctions to do so and still they never even tried to contact us. That shows how sincere they are Ghost:::

KelpKris
12-10-2008, 06:45
Yet again it took sanctions to do so and still they never even tried to contact us. That shows how sincere they are Ghost:::

I tried contact Z through MSN but got no answer back (trying again today). And yea, if you hadn't used sanctions we would never had leveled our army, that makes sense.
Anyway, if WLF is interested to end the sanctions then so are we.

DBozMen
12-10-2008, 07:05
I tried contact Z through MSN but got no answer back (trying again today). And yea, if you hadn't used sanctions we would never had leveled our army, that makes sense.
Anyway, if WLF is interested to end the sanctions then so are we.

You should also know that Z is not leading. He is just a member of WLF. Next time check the nation overview of who has the leader title :rolleyes:

Mahdi
12-10-2008, 08:25
yea everyone should know I'm the only one that can get more done by going through a member rather then a leader

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 08:41
if theres anyone who knows how to handle a member its Mahdi.

Hoebawt
12-10-2008, 09:35
yea but hes methods are old fashioned hes still insisting on lashes as a retal

KelpKris
12-10-2008, 12:22
The nation Sneaky Little Old Bastards[SLOB] officially declared Sanctions on your nation on the 10th of December 2008 - 16:05:03.
Reason for the Sanctions: to prevent becoming land farm to Prey

Now that is just great

Mahdi
12-10-2008, 12:36
ey man you guys forced me to learn all i know about handling members with your violent beatings

Fangz
12-10-2008, 12:47
The nation Sneaky Little Old Bastards[SLOB] officially declared Sanctions on your nation on the 10th of December 2008 - 16:05:03.
Reason for the Sanctions: to prevent becoming land farm to Prey

Now that is just great

hmm, i'm a landfarm

Margus
12-10-2008, 13:57
hmm, i'm a landfarm

But you're doing much better than those WLF guys with their fancy sanction against Prey.

ooga booga
12-10-2008, 14:52
SLOB? My good old SLOB? I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me, lol. Prey has 5 states in top 20, 3 of which are in top 10. SLOB has 0 states in top 10, and 1 in top 20 (who is ranked 20th). SLOB states aren't even near top Prey states... so what landfarms are you talking about?? I must say I personally dissapprove of all sanctions against Prey. They have done nothing wrong and are getting penalized for it. It's a shame.

northbabylon
12-10-2008, 15:57
i am also against the use of sanctions, i am disapointed in slob. Prey i feel for you i really do.

Dogma
12-10-2008, 17:17
Just because you don't know all the details, doesn't mean there aren't reasons.

Fangz
12-10-2008, 18:19
i am also against the use of sanctions, i am disapointed in slob. Prey i feel for you i really do.

alliance with prey? or maybe sanction the sanctioning nations?:think::

MAGGIO
12-10-2008, 19:11
We didnt put the first two sanctions on, but now we are trying to cover our butts, and we are being shunned upon. That is total BS. If prey would work it out with WLF and others then there would be no reason at all.

Fact of the matter is when WLF and the others put the sactions on it created a huge vacumm were some rediculous % of members could not be hit by prey, so what does that do, it leave nations like SLOB open for more LGs.

IDK if that was Dogmas reason, but its a good enough one for me IMO.

They LG'd SLOB almost 10 times, and hit SOUL about 15times in the last 36. Its evident that it is an increase since others have sanctions on them. SOUL better open their eyes before they become a land farm cause guess what they wont be hitting SLOB for a while.

Not to mention the triple from Prey to SLOB, you guys never know it may be part of a retal? Please think before you start bashing on SLOB. We are not an aggressive nation.

Maybe its time for Prey to start stocking turns and taking out the nations that put them in this situation (point finger).

Fangz
12-10-2008, 19:18
makes sense to me

KelpKris
12-10-2008, 19:19
We didnt put the first two sanctions on, but now we are trying to cover our butts, and we are being shunned upon. That is total BS. If prey would work it out with WLF and others then there would be no reason at all.

Fact of the matter is when WLF and the others put the sactions on it created a huge vacumm were some rediculous % of members could not be hit by prey, so what does that do, it leave nations like SLOB open for more LGs.

That makes it even worse for others because some of us can break every single player and atm there are 60 players who we can't hit (~150 players have spent at least 1 turn during this set).

Dogma
12-10-2008, 19:21
That is in large part a reason why I issued sanctions. I have messaged leader Prey and sanctions from SLOB will be lifted at earliest opportunity.

Let this be an example of why I was agtainst the sanctions feature. If a couple nations get together they can cripple another nation without even firing a shot.

End Sanctions Now.

This is another of those seemingly small changes that effects the entire complexion of the game. Numbers will win this battle and smaller nations stand no chance.

Rassputtin
12-10-2008, 19:50
The imposed sanctions upon [PREY] by the nations of:

[WLF]
[TNG]
[SLOB]

Has forced prey to come to the borders of [GRIM] for thier landgrabs.
In the last 36 hours we have incurred no less than 16 LG's from [PREY].

Although we hold no grudge against them as we understand that they were forced into this position. We can not allow ourselves to become the main source of land for [PREY].

We have therefore declared sanctions on the nation of [PREY].

KelpKris
12-10-2008, 20:21
The imposed sanctions upon [PREY] by the nations of:

[WLF]
[TNG]
[SLOB]

Has forced prey to come to the borders of [GRIM] for thier landgrabs.
In the last 36 hours we have incurred no less than 16 LG's from [PREY].

Although we hold no grudge against them as we understand that they were forced into this position. We can not allow ourselves to become the main source of land for [PREY].

We have therefore declared sanctions on the nation of [PREY].

Depends on what you consider LG, IMO its 500+
Now I just had to check the grabs in the last 36H:
We indeed made you 16 grabs (1 failed) and got land 10135 (largest grab 4490 would happen anyway, because no one except us could break your TOP1)
You did us 19 grabs (2 failed - one of them on Margus and it would sure have been 4k+) and got land 9147.
So is 1k difference really worth sanctions?

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 20:22
why is everyone complaining about getting a bit of gb? id love it tbh.

The Legend
12-10-2008, 20:29
why is everyone complaining about getting a bit of gb? id love it tbh.

That is the argument I made against our sanctions :p

ooga booga
12-10-2008, 20:38

They LG'd SLOB almost 10 times, and hit SOUL about 15times in the last 36. Its evident that it is an increase since others have sanctions on them. SOUL better open their eyes before they become a land farm cause guess what they wont be hitting SLOB for a while.

Not to mention the triple from Prey to SLOB, you guys never know it may be part of a retal? Please think before you start bashing on SLOB. We are not an aggressive nation.

Maybe its time for Prey to start stocking turns and taking out the nations that put them in this situation (point finger).

lol!!! So let me get this straight... you want Prey... an 11 man nation... to sit down with WLF and TNG (46 members) and try to negotiate with them when the sanctions were UNCALLED for in the first place?? Have you talked to WLF or Prey? Because maybe Prey has attempted to talk to them but WLF blows them off or thinks they shouldn't lift the Sanctions. What is Prey to do if WLF and TNG simply so "we don't feel like it?" War 11 on 46??? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! That's nuts. Simply nuts. WLF and TNG both declared Sanctions because they thought Margus was feeding, which was proven by Anton that he wasn't. But they still haven't removed Sanctions. Dogma and SLOB had different reasons, but now GRIM joins in because they don't want to get grabbed (HELLO!?! Grabbing is part of the game man). So now Prey can only grab NS, TNR, and maybe some stocking SOUL states. That's real great! Lets all cripple a nation that did nothing wrong and they can't do anything about it.

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 20:41
That is the argument I made against our sanctions :p

PT:::

sucks for TNG/WLF/SLOB/GRIM because most Prey players farm everything in sight.

Dogma
12-10-2008, 21:15
No offense to anyone intended, but I think it was way too soon to implement this addition. I just don't think the dynamic of the game as it is now was completely considered. There are entirely too many ways this can be abused. This has changed the entire game and it is too easy for one or two nations to garner too much power over the outcome of the round.

Fangz
12-10-2008, 21:17
maybe right. should wait and see how it plays out. i would bet we won't see sanctions next set tho.

where is mr. p to impart his wisdom?

ooga booga
12-10-2008, 21:20
No offense to anyone intended, but I think it was way too soon to implement this addition. I just don't think the dynamic of the game as it is now was completely considered. There are entirely too many ways this can be abused. This has changed the entire game and it is too easy for one or two nations to garner too much power over the outcome of the round.

It really hurts the small nations. Say you have a 25 man nation, and you declare Sanctions on a 6 man nation. Now this was all preached that, "Both nations can't grab so it's fair to both nations." WRONG! The 6 man nation loses out on 25 states to grab. The big 25 man nation, loses out on just 6 states to grab. Now, who hurts more in this situation? Small nations. I was iffy about the sanctions, and now I'm sure I don't really like them just yet. I know this was a test set for them, and I think this proves that there are too many faults with it for it to be implemented into the game. The concept of it seems intriguing, and it can spice things up, but it can also hurt the community and I feel it creates a more negative impact in the game then anything positive. Just my thoughts...

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 21:22
some definite changes needed:
sanctions automatically fall off if % drop under 155.
can't redeclare for x hours in this case.
perhaps add a monetary cost as well? paid straight out of nation bank.

Fangz
12-10-2008, 21:24
some definite changes needed:
sanctions automatically fall off if % drop under 155.
can't redeclare for x hours in this case.
perhaps add a monetary cost as well? paid straight out of nation bank.

that would make it worse. then only HUGE nations could declare, small nations wouldn't even have the option if they wanted to.

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 21:27
hmm but atm once declared your tech could drop to like 146% and its still goes on which is ridiculous imo. perhaps some kind of compensation fee being paid to the nation being sanctioned? although this could result in feeding although this would need to be v.elaborate and would be immediately noticeable. i agree, thinking about it, you are right....but if a tiny nation is going to declare sanctions on a big one its the one getting hurt either way (its like, im sure China wont care if Lichtenstein sanctioned them) tbh. all im saying is, sanctioning needs to be made so that nations think twice before just declaring it.

Mrmcjoey15
12-10-2008, 21:39

i disagree i like the sanctions. it dosnt hurt JUST small nations.... if ur a big nation and 2 smaller nations declare sanctions on you wait now u have the people in your nation and the two other nations that you cant grab now. point of the matter is untill prey stops inf hoarding then why should we lift the sanctions.

infact sanctions were good for prey im sure without them some one might have declared on them now they atleast have a chance to work things out....

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 21:42
im sorry but this whole infatry whoring reasoning is BS. have you seen the overviews of the other non Prey states in top10?

Fangz
12-10-2008, 21:46
1. prey isn't inf hording anymore
2. i think i'm decently balanced
3. oh, i see who u mean

Xavior
12-10-2008, 21:47
1. prey isn't inf hording anymore
2. i think i'm decently balanced
3. oh, i see who u mean

I don't know what you guys are talking about... :sleep:

Mrmcjoey15
12-10-2008, 21:50
(#---) pardipoeg

wow thats really not inf hoarding.......

Xavior
12-10-2008, 21:51
(#---) pardipoeg

intel removed

wow thats really not inf hoarding.......

Posting intels are not allowed. Ban!

Mrmcjoey15
12-10-2008, 21:52
Posting intels are not allowed. Ban!

mah bad thought it was only state numbers all fixed Ghost:::Ghost:::

Bright
12-10-2008, 21:59
There's no way in hell it could be my state. I luv me some bombers. :tt1:

Fangz
12-10-2008, 21:59
all the bombers in the world won't save u from a single jet my friend

Mr President
12-10-2008, 22:23

no offense taken.. but i think it's way to soon for you to be making a comment like this. This is the first set for sanctions and these are the first nations using them so of course we need to find a nice middle ground for them. Again, this is the first set and changes will need to be made. Perhaps a limit on how many sanctions a nation can have against them, higher costs, lower costs maybe limited grabs only from declaring nations who knows.. but the whole point in implementing them this set was to test it out and see where it needed to be fixed.

It's to hard to do this on a test server where people only killed eachother off and hardly tested new features.

maybe right. should wait and see how it plays out. i would bet we won't see sanctions next set tho.

where is mr. p to impart his wisdom?

Why would we not see them next set? Why would we just throw it out and not try to improve them some?

Overall i think Sanctions are a nice edition to the game. And once we get it tuned properly then all will be well.. But as usual, anytime there is a change in this game, people fight it..

I'm not sure why so many are stuck in the same hole where they don't want things to change.. I mean do you all really enjoy just playing against the same people set after set?

Lets try to find solutions to the issues of the new implement.. And then after all attempts have failed, if it still doesn't work then we scrap it and move on.. But giving it 2 weeks and then giving up is hardly trying..

Fangz
12-10-2008, 22:26
hey i voted for them. i want to see them, but there is a lot of complaints and not much time to come up with and implement a solution for next set. i hope u prove me wrong. i'd rather see it scrapped altogether instead of ppl quitting the game.

The Legend
12-11-2008, 00:02
hmm but atm once declared your tech could drop to like 146% and its still goes on which is ridiculous imo. perhaps some kind of compensation fee being paid to the nation being sanctioned? although this could result in feeding although this would need to be v.elaborate and would be immediately noticeable. i agree, thinking about it, you are right....but if a tiny nation is going to declare sanctions on a big one its the one getting hurt either way (its like, im sure China wont care if Lichtenstein sanctioned them) tbh. all im saying is, sanctioning needs to be made so that nations think twice before just declaring it.

I would suggest:
155% tech to declare and maintain sanctions.
Tech is reduced by a percentage of total every 24 hours for each nation you have declared sanctions against.

This would mean that you have to keep your tech up just from state growth in addition to an actual cost of having the sanctions.

Take my nation as an example. We declared at around 155% tech (the minimum). Immediately we fell below 155% tech (initial sanctions cost). We are now continuing to fall farther and farther from 155% tech (nation growth), but we can keep sanctions up indefinitely.

I believe one of the bonuses of sanctions was that it was supposed to help the techer strat. However, we must consider that beyond our initial investment in tech (an investment made early in the set, when tech is selling anyway), we are not making the techer strat any more viable long-term.

MAGGIO
12-11-2008, 00:51
hey i voted for them. i want to see them, but there is a lot of complaints and not much time to come up with and implement a solution for next set. i hope u prove me wrong. i'd rather see it scrapped altogether instead of ppl quitting the game.

The effect would have been the same if two or three nations warred them for the same reason.

They should have been stocking turns from day one they were sanctioned against.

Margus
12-11-2008, 01:33
Neo Moradon(#121) Leader *DEAD*
Margus Alchemy(#122) - *DEAD*
Rid**** Furian A rmy(#153) -
MMmPeaceBoy V2ikePoiss(#161) -
ummi salabanzi(#162) - *DEAD*
Azyzreyz Sn0wWw0rld(#179) -
inetu pardipoeg(#190) - *DEAD*

Only #190 of us those 4 dead states didn't have anything upgraded(he was about to, I sent him a message just earlier today..). Yet another stupid reason for a war/sanction. I hope the war didn't have anything to do with James failing a grab on me (which basically meant my victory). But oh well, doesn't matter anyway because we didn't have anything to grab anymore and we were thinking about deleting our states, if GRIM decided to go for a sanction too, as a protest against the sanction update. I hope you run to someone more aggressive next time with your sanctions, so you'll get your states landdropped without a second thought, because this really is giving the middle finger to the smaller nation and saying "attack us, if you dare". Goodbye

-Z-
12-11-2008, 02:10

Only #190 of us those 4 dead states didn't have anything upgraded(he was about to, I sent him a message just earlier today..). Yet another stupid reason for a war/sanction. I hope the war didn't have anything to do with James failing a grab on me (which basically meant my victory). But oh well, doesn't matter anyway because we didn't have anything to grab anymore and we were thinking about deleting our states, if GRIM decided to go for a sanction too, as a protest against the sanction update. I hope you run to someone more aggressive next time with your sanctions, so you'll get your states landdropped without a second thought, because this really is giving the middle finger to the smaller nation and saying "attack us, if you dare". Goodbye

Land farming is cool

Z

Mahdi
12-11-2008, 02:17
such hostilities within this family sometimes... I honestly think sanctions could be used as a tool to make good players better as well as a peaceful alternative

jameswheel
12-11-2008, 03:08
I hope the war didn't have anything to do with James failing a grab on me (which basically meant my victory)

I don't agree with you on this. As you can see by the timing I only tried to grab you because we were about to declare sanctions and if I coulda broke it woulda guaranteed my victory. With the sanctions in place I would have caught/passed you anyways. Sorry to see this happen I was really enjoying our competition, maybe you guys should try spreading out in existing nations?

BeeNo
12-11-2008, 04:37
i'm leaning against em, but i'll give it some before i make overal decision.. wut about a counter to sanctions w/ your own sanctions tech? nations could then fight it peacefully.

that'd give us a reason to get sanction tech if only to avoid another nation to sanction us.

Hoebawt
12-11-2008, 05:46
what

12-11-2008, 06:12

Personally In my honest opinion I said in my nation message board we werent gonna use sanctions because I didnt like it.
Secondly as for this war having anything to do with james's failed grab. No it has nothing to do with that. I personally thought we were their targets I am sure you can ask several people that and they will confirm it if you want a list just PM me Ill give you the list of poeple to ask.

12-11-2008, 06:18
lol!!! So let me get this straight... you want Prey... an 11 man nation... to sit down with WLF and TNG (46 members) and try to negotiate with them when the sanctions were UNCALLED for in the first place?? Have you talked to WLF or Prey? Because maybe Prey has attempted to talk to them but WLF blows them off or thinks they shouldn't lift the Sanctions. What is Prey to do if WLF and TNG simply so "we don't feel like it?" War 11 on 46??? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! That's nuts. Simply nuts. WLF and TNG both declared Sanctions because they thought Margus was feeding, which was proven by Anton that he wasn't. But they still haven't removed Sanctions. Dogma and SLOB had different reasons, but now GRIM joins in because they don't want to get grabbed (HELLO!?! Grabbing is part of the game man). So now Prey can only grab NS, TNR, and maybe some stocking SOUL states. That's real great! Lets all cripple a nation that did nothing wrong and they can't do anything about it.

How is our reason any less kosher or legitamite than Dogma's?
What because we had the second and 4th state at the time and didnt want them to be "farmed" by the top guy it makes our reason not legit for declaring sanctions are you fluffing kidding me:RM:

BeeNo
12-11-2008, 07:26
like maybe you can only sanction nations w/ a lower tech % than you or something like that. i dunno...

12-11-2008, 08:08
10:24:51-2008/12/11 Souls Of Misfortune[SOUL] has declared Sanctions against GRIM[GRIM]
Reason: For making little to no effort to resolve the situation.

If you are reffering to the Jameswheel incident thats fine with me personally. I find it amusing if thats your reason since we didnt come crying to you about having someone dictate to us about anything in our nation to please him. We are a nation not a 1 man team just so happens we could help him out a bit better than you with out changing a thing about the nation being run the way it was being run. ::pitty::::pitty::

MAGGIO
12-11-2008, 08:50
I have made a post to discuss possible adjustments to the Sanction Feature. Alot of you are saying you dont like them. Remember that this is not a Black and White situation. Mr. P promised to try them out and if they didnt work perfectly that adjustments would be made.

Here is the link to the discussion thread about possible adjustments.
http://forums.nation-wars.com/showthread.php?p=54174#post54174

jeff_capes
12-11-2008, 10:00
10:24:51-2008/12/11 Souls Of Misfortune[SOUL] has declared Sanctions against GRIM[GRIM]
Reason: For making little to no effort to resolve the situation.

If you are reffering to the Jameswheel incident thats fine with me personally. I find it amusing if thats your reason since we didnt come crying to you about having someone dictate to us about anything in our nation to please him. We are a nation not a 1 man team just so happens we could help him out a bit better than you with out changing a thing about the nation being run the way it was being run. ::pitty::::pitty::

And what is the jameswheel incident??

12-11-2008, 11:17
If I am to understand correctly James got them to do something they normally wouldnt do so he could catch Margus and when that didnt work or he found a better oppurtunity he took it in rejoining GRIM. We GRIM arent fond of people leaving the nation till the set is over and normally james would not have been left back in the nation but knowing he had to spend the rest of the set in GRIM or leave and be nationless we let him back in. So SOUL leadership contacted myself and I discussed the situation with My 2 Co-Leaders and we came to a decision on what they offered but didnt get to respond since last nights activities including PREY and TNG kicked in. That and my internet yesterday was just down right horrible due to the weather didnt get to respond to them apparently in a timely manner. If you want more details than that you will just have to ask SOUL leadership.

ooga booga
12-11-2008, 11:31
How is our reason any less kosher or legitamite than Dogma's?
What because we had the second and 4th state at the time and didnt want them to be "farmed" by the top guy it makes our reason not legit for declaring sanctions are you fluffing kidding me:RM:

Instead of coming here and yelling at me, why don't you find out the real reasons dogma declared instead? Dogma told me he declared because he was triple tapped by a prey state. He contacted their leader in a in-game message. The message was read, but was never responded to. So dogma, upset, declared sanctions and had all intentions to remove the sanctions at the earliest possible time-period which is 24 hours to prove a point to them.

Now... Grim... on the other hand, did it to save their own arses because big bad WLF and TNG had done it previously and apparently you thought that was best for your nation. Instead of trying to go to the source of the problem, you just copied them and made things worse for innocent players. Mr. P didn't create sanctions so nations like you could abuse them by disabling James and Fangz from being farmed by Margus. If you were in Prey's shoes I'm sure you would be on here whining to your hearts desires. I thought GRIM's sanction was selfish. Here I warned you of a possible attack, and less than an hour later you repaid me by throwing NS under the bus leaving us and TNR as the only nations Prey could grab. I have lost respect for GRIM.

12-11-2008, 12:46
How do you lose respect for GRIM declaring sanctions on PREY to protect the nation as a whole it wasnt just for James or Fangz we play as a nation would it have helped James and Fangz more so than the rest of us no doubt. Does it make it any less Viable,No as far as sanctions declared on PREY by Dogma doesnt matter the real reason or GRIM's reason so far thats 2 sets in a row you have lost respect for us soon we wont have any and the only thing we have done so far was let Xav back into the nation after he was declared a suicider and declaring sanctions on prey if you lose respect for us over **** like that guess you have some pretty high standards of what is expected from people. Or just over look everyone else's actions and view us a bit more cause we dont declare war for fluffs and giggles or use multiple accounts or feed so again losing respect for GRIM over something like this is fine with me but respect is a 2 way street I thanked you last night for the information and had i had that information I would have been more than happy to impart it upon you or Northern babylon. As far as throwing you under the bus I believe it was you who said and I quote "(HELLO!?! Grabbing is part of the game man)".

ooga booga
12-11-2008, 12:59
How do you lose respect for GRIM declaring sanctions on PREY to protect the nation as a whole it wasnt just for James or Fangz we play as a nation would it have helped James and Fangz more so than the rest of us no doubt. Does it make it any less Viable,No as far as sanctions declared on PREY by Dogma doesnt matter the real reason or GRIM's reason so far thats 2 sets in a row you have lost respect for us soon we wont have any and the only thing we have done so far was let Xav back into the nation after he was declared a suicider and declaring sanctions on prey if you lose respect for us over **** like that guess you have some pretty high standards of what is expected from people. Or just over look everyone else's actions and view us a bit more cause we dont declare war for fluffs and giggles or use multiple accounts or feed so again losing respect for GRIM over something like this is fine with me but respect is a 2 way street I thanked you last night for the information and had i had that information I would have been more than happy to impart it upon you or Northern babylon. As far as throwing you under the bus I believe it was you who said and I quote "(HELLO!?! Grabbing is part of the game man)".

Trying to use my quote against me how cute. But that was your reason wasn't it? You didn't want to be grabbed so you declared sanctions. Read my Effing posts man, I said I was mad at TNG and WLF too. They declared sanctions because they thought Prey was using bad tactics, which they weren't. A member of WLF for crying out loud came out and claimed that Prey was being legit. You guys on the other hand are cowards. I'm glad James got AR'd, Sanctions backfired in your face. I don't like sanctions, and I have higher expectations out of GRIM than I do WLF because quite frankly I expect stupid Sanction tactics from them, NOT you. However you continue to prove me wrong. Anyway, I'm going to study for an important final so I won't bother wasting my time here arguing. You followed WLF and TNG's tactics that makes you no better than they are. You played a hand (doesn't mean you're entirely responsible just a tad) of probably making 10 or more people (which is about 10% of the community) quit. So don't freaking make you out to be the victim here.

12-11-2008, 13:09
I am not making us out to be the victim. But neither are we the bad guy you seem to be losing so much respect for either. I dont see us farming other nations or having people feed us land. I also stated above too that I was against sanctions.

Divine Intervention
12-11-2008, 13:34
12/5/2008 9:17:41 AM X anton **** weed
12/5/2008 9:17:41 AM X anton you there
12/5/2008 9:18:45 AM anton X lol why so mean :(
12/5/2008 9:18:46 AM anton X yeah
12/5/2008 9:18:47 AM anton X sup
12/5/2008 9:18:50 AM X anton grab me
12/5/2008 9:19:05 AM X anton 5.2k no gb
12/5/2008 9:19:05 AM X anton :D

12/5/2008 9:18:26 AM Margus anton make something big with them
12/5/2008 9:18:32 AM Margus anton i know we can always make best nations too ;)
12/5/2008 9:18:38 AM Margus anton they all quit
12/5/2008 9:18:54 AM anton Margus hehe1 yep
12/5/2008 9:19:09 AM anton Margus 231
12/5/2008 9:19:11 AM anton Margus grab #231
12/5/2008 9:19:14 AM anton Margus 5.3k land
12/5/2008 9:19:15 AM anton Margus no hits

here i posted the convos at the time when it took place (i made #231 anonymous just incase he doesn't want to be involved in this ****).

are you honestly saying this is the reason why you had to screw over Margus? i was talking to him that morning and then that other convo popped up. so i gave him a grab i couldn't take myself. and ive done that on numerous occasions with other friends. when i found a grab i couldn't break myself id usually IM someone i like so they could grab.

further more, the GT when Margus hit, was past the score updates. someone would have seen it either way ( i think he hit 10-15 seconds after update). so what would have happened had say a Grim state grabbed #231? or is this just because we dont like Estonians? not all of them are like Skycat :sleep: If people
gave them a chance they would see that they are v.friendly and just as important members of community as us non-Domi players. Personally i often talk to Kiisuemme, Antichrist, Zaxz, Imperatoor, Arno, Morodon etc.

diablonate18
12-11-2008, 13:45
WAKE UP GRIM!!!!! SOUNDS TO ME AND DEVILDOG LIKE NS IS BUILDING A CASE FOR WAR!!!

Max Logan
12-11-2008, 13:52
let them put us out of the missery

diablonate18
12-11-2008, 13:56
WELL GRIM WHATS IT GONNA BE????

Xavior
12-11-2008, 14:03
WELL GRIM WHATS IT GONNA BE????
Call up Rass and LD if you have to, I can't do anything until I get home.

ooga booga
12-11-2008, 14:35
I am not making us out to be the victim. But neither are we the bad guy you seem to be losing so much respect for either. I dont see us farming other nations or having people feed us land. I also stated above too that I was against sanctions.

Prey wasn't farming nations or feeding land either. Anton just proved it for the about the 7th time on here... that Prey wasn't feeding. Kris Kelp came on here, and showed the amount of grabs between GRIM states and Prey states before the Sanctions. I believe GRIM had grabbed prey more times than Prey grabbed Grim. Furthermore Kris pointed out that out of all the grabs between the 2 nations Prey only gained 1k land on GRIM. Now go to your sanctions declaration and look at your reason you guys put down. It totally defeats your purpose.

And diablonate you look silly with big font and jumping to conclusions. Just because I don't agree with something GRIM does doesn't mean I'm going to war them over it. I can't publicly state that I don't like your actions without having to kill your nation because of it? lol

diablonate18
12-11-2008, 14:58
Prey wasn't farming nations or feeding land either. Anton just proved it for the about the 7th time on here... that Prey wasn't feeding. Kris Kelp came on here, and showed the amount of grabs between GRIM states and Prey states before the Sanctions. I believe GRIM had grabbed prey more times than Prey grabbed Grim. Furthermore Kris pointed out that out of all the grabs between the 2 nations Prey only gained 1k land on GRIM. Now go to your sanctions declaration and look at your reason you guys put down. It totally defeats your purpose.

And diablonate you look silly with big font and jumping to conclusions. Just because I don't agree with something GRIM does doesn't mean I'm going to war them over it. I can't publicly state that I don't like your actions without having to kill your nation because of it? lol

What? Am I not allowed to post my thoughts on what NS has planned? Or can I only do it in a small font? Silly? Yes I am! But I think you guys are building a case for war. Hence your whinning and bashing of GRIM. Further more I'm not the only member of GRIM who thinks the same thing.
PS-I used to have respect for you there woogie boogie not like you give a rats a$$

Hoebawt
12-11-2008, 15:16
Trying to use my quote against me how cute. But that was your reason wasn't it? You didn't want to be grabbed so you declared sanctions. Read my Effing posts man, I said I was mad at TNG and WLF too. They declared sanctions because they thought Prey was using bad tactics, which they weren't. A member of WLF for crying out loud came out and claimed that Prey was being legit. You guys on the other hand are cowards. I'm glad James got AR'd, Sanctions backfired in your face. I don't like sanctions, and I have higher expectations out of GRIM than I do WLF because quite frankly I expect stupid Sanction tactics from them, NOT you. However you continue to prove me wrong. Anyway, I'm going to study for an important final so I won't bother wasting my time here arguing. You followed WLF and TNG's tactics that makes you no better than they are. You played a hand (doesn't mean you're entirely responsible just a tad) of probably making 10 or more people (which is about 10% of the community) quit. So don't freaking make you out to be the victim here.

Are u fluffing kidding me?... we are almost three times the size of Prey we didnt like wat they were doing so instead of warring them we declare sanctions.... Which we see as a better solution... nothing we do can please u guys... we should have just warred them.... coz that honestly is wat u expected... not these sanctions... all u guys do is ***** ***** *****... god

-Z-
12-11-2008, 16:14
Tell me about it Hoe,

Ooga is the Queen of *****.

it doesnt matter what we do, he is gonna ***** and complain.

Z

ooga booga
12-11-2008, 16:38
Are u fluffing kidding me?... we are almost three times the size of Prey we didnt like wat they were doing so instead of warring them we declare sanctions.... Which we see as a better solution... nothing we do can please u guys... we should have just warred them.... coz that honestly is wat u expected... not these sanctions... all u guys do is ***** ***** *****... god

War them for what? Why were the sanctions even taken place? Your own member completely ruined any argument you had. ::oops:

-Z- This user is on your Ignore List.

lol I can only imagine what intelligent thoughts he had to add to the conversation.

Hoebawt
12-11-2008, 16:41
You want a reason... Coz it was our desire... hows that.. u like that one

ooga booga
12-11-2008, 16:42
You want a reason... Coz it was our desire... hows that.. u like that one

At least I know you're telling the truth with that one. ;)

Hoebawt
12-11-2008, 16:44
and we also didnt like the fact aht we lsot so much inf when they attack us or vise versa

Rassputtin
12-11-2008, 18:02
Let me attempt to address all issues without quoting posts.

1. The [SOUL] / Jameswheel situation.

Jameswheel tagged up with GRIM, then left to go to SOUL. We said nothing. Then he left SOUL to come back to GRIM for the NA. SOUL wanted..... something in return.

I wasn't handling it so I don't know how negotiations went. Apparently not well as they felt the need to declare sanctions. Which they are entitled to do if they fell negotiations have broken down. I would prefer sanctions from SOUL over war every day of every week. As you know GRIM is a netting nation.

* So thats what went down - Now what needs to be determined is what will proceed to go down. I need to talk to LD to see where he was at in the discussions, what happened exactly and what brought us to the point of SOUL declaring sanctions.

2. GRIM's sanctions on PREY. I've already said my peace on this. But I would like to add some things.

I feel bad about everyone declaring sanctions on prey. I feel even worse that they were warred on top of it. I'm not saying I don't like sanctions, or that sanctions should be removed.

I'm saying that I feel as though the esto's are being picked on. I feel as though I can self appoint myself as the king of the infantry hording haters, and also that I can say I spear headed the public outcry against infantry horders.

That being said, Prey is not the king offender of infantry hording. They are not the worse culprit. And for that reason is why I think they are being picked on.

Summary:

The soul situation needs to be resolved.

I feel bad for prey and the esto's, but only to a certain extent. Since there is so much public denouncement against the people who declared sanctions against them, perhaps if they would have reached out to other nations like NS for example they could have found some allies.

They could have utilized those allies to declare on either WLF or TNG and killed them off. That certainly would have made others think long and hard before deciding to declare on them, and quite possibly would have made the one they didnt war think harder about dropping sanctions.

I'm not saying that would have worked..... but did they try?

Ooga........? Since your so outraged by the PREY sanctions, had they approached you would you have helped them out?

Because really, when it comes down to it. Anyone who is *****ing about the people who declared sanctions on prey. If you wouldnt have been willing to stand up and align yourselves with prey against this outrage in the game, and war or do whatever it took to fight this otrocity in game. Then you shouldnt be talking about it in the forums. Its easy to talk about being the bigger man and taking the moral high ground.

But thats just talk. How many of you who have lost respect for me and [GRIM] for following suit and declaring sanctions contacted Kelp and offered your nations assistance in doing whatever it took to right the wrong...............?

How many stepped up and were willing to use thier states and nations to cash the post dated checks thier mouths (fingers) are writing.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Divine Intervention
12-11-2008, 18:42
group gang bang on TNG? :)

KelpKris
12-11-2008, 18:45
I hoped to handle it myself and as most in here maybe even didn't know me(???) before or at least had nothing do to with prey then I'm just not going to ask people do things when there is so much at stake. And we still were doing rather good compared to some. I'm just saying that I didn't expect such a support in forums because I were under impression that most in here are against esto's (maybe it's because I have been together with Skycat all the time - and the trouble sure followed him).

Unless we had declared war on WLF I don't think they have lift the sanctions just because we would have been warring with TNG. Althoguh yes, we never know if it would have worked but like I said in other post I was hoping to get rid of sanctions without any war.

Rassputtin
12-11-2008, 19:02
I hoped to handle it myself and as most in here maybe even didn't know me(???) before or at least had nothing do to with prey then I'm just not going to ask people do things when there is so much at stake. And we still were doing rather good compared to some. I'm just saying that I didn't expect such a support in forums because I were under impression that most in here are against esto's (maybe it's because I have been together with Skycat all the time - and the trouble sure followed him).

Unless we had declared war on WLF I don't think they have lift the sanctions just because we would have been warring with TNG. Althoguh yes, we never know if it would have worked but like I said in other post I was hoping to get rid of sanctions without any war.

You shouldnt be afraid to reach out to other nations. It is wrong for everyone to steroetype esto's as cheaters or whatever, and dislike them. It is just as wrong for you to assume we don't like you or won't bother with you if you approach us for help. (us meaning the non-esto members)

I can't say who would have done what had you gathered some in game support, but you should have reached out and tried something.

Let me ask you, how many nation leaders contacted you and offered you support?

Fangz
12-11-2008, 19:03
Let me attempt to address all issues without quoting posts.

1. The [SOUL] / Jameswheel situation.

Jameswheel tagged up with GRIM, then left to go to SOUL. We said nothing. Then he left SOUL to come back to GRIM for the NA. SOUL wanted..... something in return.

I wasn't handling it so I don't know how negotiations went. Apparently not well as they felt the need to declare sanctions. Which they are entitled to do if they fell negotiations have broken down. I would prefer sanctions from SOUL over war every day of every week. As you know GRIM is a netting nation.

* So thats what went down - Now what needs to be determined is what will proceed to go down. I need to talk to LD to see where he was at in the discussions, what happened exactly and what brought us to the point of SOUL declaring sanctions.

2. GRIM's sanctions on PREY. I've already said my peace on this. But I would like to add some things.

I feel bad about everyone declaring sanctions on prey. I feel even worse that they were warred on top of it. I'm not saying I don't like sanctions, or that sanctions should be removed.

I'm saying that I feel as though the esto's are being picked on. I feel as though I can self appoint myself as the king of the infantry hording haters, and also that I can say I spear headed the public outcry against infantry horders.

That being said, Prey is not the king offender of infantry hording. They are not the worse culprit. And for that reason is why I think they are being picked on.

Summary:

The soul situation needs to be resolved.

I feel bad for prey and the esto's, but only to a certain extent. Since there is so much public denouncement against the people who declared sanctions against them, perhaps if they would have reached out to other nations like NS for example they could have found some allies.

They could have utilized those allies to declare on either WLF or TNG and killed them off. That certainly would have made others think long and hard before deciding to declare on them, and quite possibly would have made the one they didnt war think harder about dropping sanctions.

I'm not saying that would have worked..... but did they try?

Ooga........? Since your so outraged by the PREY sanctions, had they approached you would you have helped them out?

Because really, when it comes down to it. Anyone who is *****ing about the people who declared sanctions on prey. If you wouldnt have been willing to stand up and align yourselves with prey against this outrage in the game, and war or do whatever it took to fight this otrocity in game. Then you shouldnt be talking about it in the forums. Its easy to talk about being the bigger man and taking the moral high ground.

But thats just talk. How many of you who have lost respect for me and [GRIM] for following suit and declaring sanctions contacted Kelp and offered your nations assistance in doing whatever it took to right the wrong...............?

How many stepped up and were willing to use thier states and nations to cash the post dated checks thier mouths (fingers) are writing.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

great post rass. of course you know my pov already, but i won't bring that to the forums since i don't make choices for GRIM. only change i would make is replacing your quote with this:
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Fangz
12-11-2008, 19:05

when there is public outcry that you are being treated unjustly and you admit there isn't much you can do, why would you not seek help from your supporters??? also, you can't be the #2 nation in a game with <10 nations and say people don't know you. lol

KelpKris
12-11-2008, 19:28
when there is public outcry that you are being treated unjustly and you admit there isn't much you can do, why would you not seek help from your supporters??? also, you can't be the #2 nation in a game with <10 nations and say people don't know you. lol

I'm like jackal, the only thing you got is a name.
And actually there were a lot of things we could to, just that if TNG hadn't killed us we would ultimately chose one of the options.

Hoebawt
12-11-2008, 19:31
wats ur msn?

KelpKris
12-11-2008, 19:33
wats ur msn?
Mine?

Mr President
12-11-2008, 19:34
I'm just saying that I didn't expect such a support in forums because I were under impression that most in here are against esto's

Glad you discovered you were wrong.. There are some in here that are not fond of how the esto's play.. But then again, i'm sure others are not fond of how they play.. So it balances out.

The first couple of sets were rough for the esto's.. but that is cause people used past events (back in wow) things against them.. But as i stated when the game opened up, everyone starts with a clean slate and it's up to them to decide what happens from there.

All it takes is time and most things balance out..

Hoebawt
12-11-2008, 19:55
I dont hate estos

Fangz
12-11-2008, 20:09
I'm like jackal, the only thing you got is a name.
And actually there were a lot of things we could to, just that if TNG hadn't killed us we would ultimately chose one of the options.

good to know. now u got them prepared to whip out if something like this happens again.

Bright
12-11-2008, 20:21
I'm pro esto for the record- many of them played in my nation for varying lengths of time (Skycat included) and even showed me a few good tricks. Never have had any bad blood with them either, so its all good.

12-11-2008, 20:34
I dont hate the Esto's Im not fond of the hoarding of Inf it irratates me to no end but Thats the way you play and thats all there is to it.:thumbup:

MAGGIO
12-11-2008, 21:56
Im pro Esto, I think it is BS when they are ganged up on.

Divine Intervention
12-11-2008, 22:00
conclusion: everyone is pro-esto but anti-skycat. but skycat is best chance to bring back strong esto (~25 man <) nations. :sleep: lets start Skycats rehabilitation process :P or maybe Skycat recruits, Kris leads :cool:

Mahdi
12-11-2008, 22:06
im game for the second option. I enjoy seeing the estos among the score sheets but they do get a bad rap because of skycat

Mr President
12-11-2008, 22:14
conclusion: everyone is pro-esto but anti-skycat. but skycat is best chance to bring back strong esto (~25 man <) nations. :sleep: lets start Skycats rehabilitation process :P or maybe Skycat recruits, Kris leads :cool:

I like SkyCat..

Divine Intervention
12-11-2008, 22:22
:P

Divine Intervention
12-12-2008, 01:35
instead of accusing Margus of "feeding" i think people should help protect this guy in a nation called The Nation of One[ONE]. i think a certain SOUL member is bullying him :(

Dogma
12-12-2008, 01:42
05:39:13-2008/12/12 Sneaky Little Old Bastards[SLOB] has ended its Sanctions on Predator[Prey]

DBozMen
12-12-2008, 04:41
08:31:25-2008/12/12 World Liberation Front[WLF] has ended its Sanctions on Predator[Prey]

KelpKris
12-12-2008, 08:53
good to know. now u got them prepared to whip out if something like this happens again.

You mean if we have 5 sanctions again and somebody from them decides to declare war on us? And the war wasn't in the top of the ideas list if you're implying that.

12-12-2008, 15:36
19:07:48-2008/12/12 GRIM[GRIM] has ended its Sanctions on Predator[Prey]

Mahdi
12-12-2008, 15:37
hoorah!

Divine Intervention
12-12-2008, 15:44
19:07:48-2008/12/12 GRIM[GRIM] has ended its Sanctions on Predator[Prey]
16:03:21-2008/12/12 The Next Generation[TNG] has declared peace on Predator[Prey]
08:31:25-2008/12/12 World Liberation Front[WLF] has ended its Sanctions on Predator[Prey]
05:39:13-2008/12/12 Sneaky Little Old Bastards[SLOB] has ended its Sanctions on Predator[Prey]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyRrb2-fzs

:P

hope Prey comes back next set :)

something more fun though:

19:59:11-2008/12/12 World Liberation Front[WLF] has declared Sanctions against GRIM[GRIM]
Reason: We won\'t be your landfarms, while we have 7 states in the top 10. Thank you