PDA

View Full Version : [GRIM] Sanctions [PREY]

Rassputtin
12-10-2008, 19:51
The imposed sanctions upon [PREY] by the nations of:

[WLF]
[TNG]
[SLOB]

Has forced prey to come to the borders of [GRIM] for thier landgrabs.
In the last 36 hours we have incurred no less than 16 LG's from [PREY].

Although we hold no grudge against them as we understand that they were forced into this position. We can not allow ourselves to become the main source of land for [PREY].

We have therefore declared sanctions on the nation of [PREY].

In order to protect ourselves from the fallout of other nations sanctioning them.

KelpKris
12-10-2008, 20:02
Isn't that just sweet that you made your last attempts to grab our top1 just a few min before and I got grabbed too.
This is a full circle.
Now we have sanctions against 76 players (sorry SLOB for counting you in but it just illustrates the whole thing), more than half of the active members playing.

Rassputtin
12-10-2008, 20:08
Isn't that just sweet that you made your last attempts to grab our top1 just a few min before and I got grabbed too.
This is a full circle.
Now we have sanctions against 76 players (sorry SLOB for counting you in but it just illustrates the whole thing), more than half of the active members playing.

Well of course we tried to get some of our land back. 4 of your 6 grabs today were on [GRIM] states.

1/4 of Margus's grabs in last 36 are against [GRIM] states.

In the last 6 hours [PREY] has grabbed [GRIM] 7 times. Thats more than a grab an hour.

We do not hold a grudge against you guys. We know that you were forced into targeting us. But at the same time, if we can prevent it we should, and we have.

ooga booga
12-10-2008, 20:16
The imposed sanctions upon [PREY] by the nations of:

[WLF]
[TNG]
[SLOB]

Has forced prey to come to the borders of [GRIM] for thier landgrabs.
In the last 36 hours we have incurred no less than 16 LG's from [PREY].

Although we hold no grudge against them as we understand that they were forced into this position. We can not allow ourselves to become the main source of land for [PREY].

We have therefore declared sanctions on the nation of [PREY].

In order to protect ourselves from the fallout of other nations sanctioning them.

Horse crap. So now you go and throw other nations like NS and TNR under the bus. You declared Sanctions so top GRIM states can farm WLF, and Margus can't farm you so you will be able to take the top spots. That is what this is amounting to. You are basically cutting Prey off from playing this game, and I find that an outrage and unacceptable. Not only GRIM, but WLF and TNG too. I was never in favor of Sanctions, and this proves it. This only gives advantages to bigger nations. I'm disappointed in GRIM's decision.

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 20:18
****, im like, agreeing with Oogas posting recently. except his n00biness with PM dealings.
:P rep for your post ooga.

northbabylon
12-10-2008, 20:45
i was going to say the same thing ooga said, but he beat me too it. This is bull****, i refuse to use sanctions and this is why. The two biggest nations declare sanctions on a smaller one, and its screws over the rest of the game. The game is too small atm too really have sanctions be useful. Now NS, and the other nations are thrown in the ****ter because you all had to declare sanctions. Yes, we are getting GB, but this is bull. Grim, your not the only nation getting hit. There are 3 other nations as well getting hit increasingly by prey, but guess what. it wouldn't have happened if wlf and tng didn't declare sanctions on prey. It really is crap. I am so pissed off. I really am. And don't say "ns can solve their problems by declaring a sanction on prey" **** that i am not doing that. Prey has done nothing wrong and they should be able to run the state they wanna run. If they don't wanna run jets, then let them and if/when they are warred, its their fault for not having jets to protect themselves. Declaring sanctions obviously didn't change anything because a majority of them still have infantry. So thanks wlf, thanks tng for screwing this set over for many of us because you guys can't take a few grabs. Hell, it is going to happen when you have 30 guys in your nation. Nothing changed, now other nations are paying for it. Thanks again wlf and tng.

Rassputtin
12-10-2008, 20:45
Horse crap. So now you go and throw other nations like NS and TNR under the bus. You declared Sanctions so top GRIM states can farm WLF, and Margus can't farm you so you will be able to take the top spots. That is what this is amounting to. You are basically cutting Prey off from playing this game, and I find that an outrage and unacceptable. Not only GRIM, but WLF and TNG too. I was never in favor of Sanctions, and this proves it. This only gives advantages to bigger nations. I'm disappointed in GRIM's decision.

I honestly feel a little bad about doing it. Is it fair? No, not really. As kris said, half the active players are out of reach for them. They didnt really do anything. They didnt horde infantry any more than anyone else did, or does.

As far as NS and TNR being under the bus..... [GRIM] didnt create this. We are simply responding to it. I suppose NS will hold fast being the only people [PREY] can hit. Since that is what they expected of [GRIM] to do?

If we wanted to/ could farm top wlf states, couldnt we do it without sanctions on [PREY]? Sanctions on PREY doesnt make WLF states more grabbable for us....... I dont know what your getting at there.

As far as Margus not being able to farm us, yes that is correct. I won't look at my EV and see 4 of 6 hits from [PREY] states every 36 hours. Salabanzi has me on a double tap timer.

But like I said I'm not mad about it. What the hell are they supposed to do? But at the same time. I don't like being on a double tap timer. Yeah it give me GB, but its still un-nerving to see the same tag next to 3/4's of the hits on you.

As far as us "preventing prey from playing the game". As I said we did not create this. We are responding to it. 60 players put the axe on grabs from prey, they came to one of the only wells that wasn't dried up.

Look bottom line is, I think its outrageous too. Just as outrageous as it is that [GRIM] nets peacefully and still somehow dies every set. Go figure.

I didnt really want sanctions declared, but..... thats the way it goes. Not everyone wants to stand in front of the bus because they feel bad for the driver.

****, im like, agreeing with Oogas posting recently. except his n00biness with PM dealings.
:P rep for your post ooga.

I agree with his post too, except for the part where sanctions on prey allows us to "farm wlf" and that "we are preventing them from playing".

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 20:51
just dont look at your GE and enjoy your gb :)

ooga booga
12-10-2008, 20:55
I honestly feel a little bad about doing it. Is it fair? No, not really. As kris said, half the active players are out of reach for them. They didnt really do anything. They didnt horde infantry any more than anyone else did, or does.

As far as NS and TNR being under the bus..... [GRIM] didnt create this. We are simply responding to it. I suppose NS will hold fast being the only people [PREY] can hit. Since that is what they expected of [GRIM] to do?

If we wanted to/ could farm top wlf states, couldnt we do it without sanctions on [PREY]? Sanctions on PREY doesnt make WLF states more grabbable for us....... I dont know what your getting at there.

As far as Margus not being able to farm us, yes that is correct. I won't look at my EV and see 4 of 6 hits from [PREY] states every 36 hours. Salabanzi has me on a double tap timer.

But like I said I'm not mad about it. What the hell are they supposed to do? But at the same time. I don't like being on a double tap timer. Yeah it give me GB, but its still un-nerving to see the same tag next to 3/4's of the hits on you.

As far as us "preventing prey from playing the game". As I said we did not create this. We are responding to it. 60 players put the axe on grabs from prey, they came to one of the only wells that wasn't dried up.

Look bottom line is, I think its outrageous too. Just as outrageous as it is that [GRIM] nets peacefully and still somehow dies every set. Go figure.

I didnt really want sanctions declared, but..... thats the way it goes. Not everyone wants to stand in front of the bus because they feel bad for the driver.

I agree with his post too, except for the part where sanctions on prey allows us to "farm wlf" and that "we are preventing them from playing".

The farming WLF part refers to the part where Margus can't grab you. By declaring sanctions, you are creating your top GRIM states as the #1 and #2 grabbers in the game. They can grab the top states and nobody can grab them. Soon they will be above Margus and Salabanzi, in which you will probably remove sanctions eventually and then let GRIM states farm Prey. I know you think you are doing it to help your nation, I just find it a cheap tactic. Just because the rest of the community is doing it doesn't mean you have to follow suit. NS won't be declaring sanctions even though we are main grabs now.

As a nation leader you are looking out for your nation. I understand that. For me, I like to see people playing the game fairly. I get upset when someone suicides, I get upset when someone feeds or uses cheap tactics, and I get upset when I see a nation that has done nothing wrong getting punished. That is the difference I guess.

Edit: And let me be clear again I'm not angry just at GRIM, I'm disappointed in WLF and TNG too first and foremost, since they are the root of this happening. I just expected better out of nations like GRIM, and SLOB (whom I spoke with Dogma and he had other reasons for his sanctions)

Xavior
12-10-2008, 21:03
If WLF and TNG didn't start the sanctions first, none of this would have happened ;)

hehe :)

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 21:06
i agree. lets all kill TNG ;)

PatriotPino
12-10-2008, 21:08
i agree. lets all kill TNG ;)

woah!! wheres the Peace and Love???

kingmyth
12-10-2008, 21:09
Now i understand why Mr. P. said things would get interesting. Who do you war now..... do you war the nations that started the whole thing or do you war the nations that are covering their arses or do you war just to be able to grab people?

Xavior
12-10-2008, 21:10
Now i understand why Mr. P. said things would get interesting. Who do you war now..... do you war the nations that started the whole thing or do you war the nations that are covering their arses or do you war just to be able to grab people?

I agree with Anton. This is all TNG's fault :p

Fangz
12-10-2008, 21:10
i know what i would do...but i'm not a leader so my say is limited

diablonate18
12-10-2008, 21:11
i know what i would do...but i'm not a leader so my say is limited

I agree with Fangz, but I'm not the leader and also can't say.

Fangz
12-10-2008, 21:13
you agree with what i would do (which you don't know) or you agree that you know what you would do?

if you know what i would do that is weird.

diablonate18
12-10-2008, 21:14
you agree with what i would do (which you don't know) or you agree that you know what you would do?

if you know what i would do that is weird.

sorry this is Blitz, so I kinda have an idea. Its Lord's call but I liked your idea.

Fangz
12-10-2008, 21:15
ok so that was weird

Mrmcjoey15
12-10-2008, 21:16

dont worry im sure Prey well be getting a apology notice asap we understand the worngs we have commited :confused::confused:

diablonate18
12-10-2008, 21:18
ok so that was weird

yes very wierd

DevilDog
12-10-2008, 21:20
I agree with everyone! I don't like sanctions at all but I understand why the last few Nations declared! I have nothing against Prey and I too don't think they did anything wrong in the first place! I don't think it's right that Nations are being forced to play the way others want to. With all of the garbage and underhanded tactics I see going on everyday I'm sorry to say that this game is QUICKLY becoming no fun!!! I have ALWAYS played this game above board! I can honestly say that I have NEVER taken part in ANY shady doings! NEVER! And for some reason that doesn't work out for me! I just don't get it!

Sorry Prey I wish you the best!

kingmyth
12-10-2008, 21:22

I'm not Anton::topic::

Divine Intervention
12-10-2008, 21:23

no. but you want to be me. :P

Xavior
12-10-2008, 21:42

Sorry, quoted you by mistake :o

Bright
12-10-2008, 21:53
Eh, I find infantry hoarding quite irritating to be honest, but I wouldn't declare sanctions for the reason that its too costly to get tech to 155 when the money could be better spent. It stinks for my state that I'll be getting whacked more by prey now, but its a mixed blessing since I'll have prey related GB.

My nation is equally divided between stockers, noobs, inactives, and a couple of larger states. When the game gets bigger, I'll probably find myself using sanctions at some point though. Ghost:::

Mr President
12-10-2008, 22:10
The Sanctions feature was not intended to be used for anything other then a putting some pressure on a nation to stop certain actions such as foul play of some sort.

Issuing sanctions to keep your nation from getting grabbed is not what it was intended to do..

Also, let's not forget that this is the first set with this feature and as stated, i'm sure changes would be needed. So as we work with these sanctions we are able to see how they can be abused and solutions can be made. Like perhaps a nation can only have 2 sanctions placed against them at one time or something along those lines.

WLF has a decent reason to declare them. They were trying to prove a point and force PREY into stopping certain actions. I think the point has been proven and i am hoping WLF will end these sanctions against PREY and both nations can work out a deal.. Of course i am only a member and can't make these calls.

But before we start dissing the new feature and throwing our hands in the air saying yup i knew they wouldn't work, how about making some suggestions on improving it and making it so it can be less abused..

Fangz
12-10-2008, 22:15
but NW is like a rollercoaster (or a hip hop concert)...it's more fun if you throw your hands up in the air (and wave them like you just don't care).

Bright
12-10-2008, 22:19
NW is also like a mosh pit, you throw your hands up in the air like you just don't care, but if the fat man takes a stage dive (Read: new features that don't work out), the people part like the red sea and said person flops onto the ground like a giant piece of meat.

ooga booga
12-10-2008, 22:24
The Sanctions feature was not intended to be used for anything other then a putting some pressure on a nation to stop certain actions such as foul play of some sort.

Issuing sanctions to keep your nation from getting grabbed is not what it was intended to do..

Also, let's not forget that this is the first set with this feature and as stated, i'm sure changes would be needed. So as we work with these sanctions we are able to see how they can be abused and solutions can be made. Like perhaps a nation can only have 2 sanctions placed against them at one time or something along those lines.

WLF has a decent reason to declare them. They were trying to prove a point and force PREY into stopping certain actions. I think the point has been proven and i am hoping WLF will end these sanctions against PREY and both nations can work out a deal.. Of course i am only a member and can't make these calls.

But before we start dissing the new feature and throwing our hands in the air saying yup i knew they wouldn't work, how about making some suggestions on improving it and making it so it can be less abused..

Now... I know you want features to be used a certain way... but you know that people are going to abuse it and use differently than the "way you intended." Unfortunately, the rest of the community does not have the same mind-set as you. :P

A decent reason to declare? I guess that is in the eyes of the beholder. Prey doesn't think it's a decent reason. I don't think it's a decent reason. Do tell, what was the reason? That Anton told Margus of a good grab, and he took it?? That's apparently a bad thing? Come on now!

I said earlier, this is in the new stages so I'm not going to totally just bash the Sanctions feature here. I think it needs to be tweaked and worked with. Back to drawing board so to speak. A cap on how many nations can sanction a nation might be a good suggestion.

Fangz
12-10-2008, 22:29
when i heard the idea, my first thought was it would be used to stop TT states from being farmed by top couple states (see suggestions thread).

Mr President
12-10-2008, 22:29
Now... I know you want features to be used a certain way... but you know that people are going to abuse it and use differently than the "way you intended." Unfortunately, the rest of the community does not have the same mind-set as you. :P

A decent reason to declare? I guess that is in the eyes of the beholder. Prey doesn't think it's a decent reason. I don't think it's a decent reason. Do tell, what was the reason? That Anton told Margus of a good grab, and he took it?? That's apparently a bad thing? Come on now!

I said earlier, this is in the new stages so I'm not going to totally just bash the Sanctions feature here. I think it needs to be tweaked and worked with. Back to drawing board so to speak. A cap on how many nations can sanction a nation might be a good suggestion.

Of course the community doesn't have the same mind set as me.. if they did, then nobody would fight change.

About the reason.. I'm just a member and do as i am told. I do not speak for WLF.. I just eat there food, drink there beer and laugh at hoe hitting on blow up dolls (who still manage to tell him no).

Early stages? that is an understatement.. if this was a child you could consider that the afterbirth hasn't even been wiped away.. That is how new it is. Which is why i'm disappointed in some who are so quick to diss it..

OF COURSE changes will need to be made and it will need to be tweaked. I don't think there will ever be a implement that just rolls off without any tweaking needed.

kingmyth
12-10-2008, 22:30

Aren't you in WLF this set?

ooga booga
12-10-2008, 22:33
Of course the community doesn't have the same mind set as me.. if they did, then nobody would fight change.

About the reason.. I'm just a member and do as i am told. I do not speak for WLF.. I just eat there food, drink there beer and laugh at hoe hitting on blow up dolls (who still manage to tell him no).

Early stages? that is an understatement.. if this was a child you could consider that the afterbirth hasn't even been wiped away.. That is how new it is. Which is why i'm disappointed in some who are so quick to diss it..

OF COURSE changes will need to be made and it will need to be tweaked. I don't think there will ever be a implement that just rolls off without any tweaking needed.

Do not be disappointed that we are dissing it. We are merely stating our feedback to you so we can discuss ways to fix it. I acknowledged it's brand new and gave a few reasons why/how it is being abused. If I didn't "diss it" than how would you know how the community feels about it, and if it needs tweaking or not? :P