PDA

View Full Version : Ha Im Prob Goin 2 Iraq!!!!!

MarineRecon
10-19-2007, 17:43
According to the newspaper my bro and me picked the perfect unit to be in...Shortly after i get back from boot camp our unit might have to go to Iraq in the summer...Isnt that wonderful news hahaha NOT

Hoebawt
10-19-2007, 17:52
wat unit?

MarineRecon
10-19-2007, 17:58
well it says 50th Combat Brigade but im in 2nd Battalion 113th Infantry which is attached to that Brigade

ranger2112
10-19-2007, 18:08
dude, that is gonna suck for you!! I know, though, YOU will make us PROUD!!

Missionary
10-19-2007, 18:19
USA still sending more troops over there?

MarineRecon
10-19-2007, 18:30
yea there sending 3k from NJ over there

Missionary
10-19-2007, 18:34
yeh but is that adding to the amount they already have there or is that like swapping some troops round. so ones that have been there for like 6months get to come home for abit.

Crimson Shadow
10-19-2007, 18:39
Good luck Marine, you and your entire unit will be in my thoughts and prayers.

MarineRecon
10-19-2007, 18:48
thanks crimson and no clue missionary i think they have to be there at least a year b4 they can come back...but it doesnt say anything about pepl commin back

pcgluva
10-19-2007, 19:00
3 of our firefighters just got back from iraq(marine stationed on base in falugia(sp)), his brother also fire crash team (army) based about bahgdad, and another firefighter on the navy crash rescue team all just got back in the past month, but

OT i herd about that marine it sucks

Mwahahahaha
10-19-2007, 21:12
What is the actual purpose of this operation? I mean what do you need to accomplish before you can bring your troops home? Surely you're not still searching for those weapons of mass destruction.....

pron
10-19-2007, 22:20
@Marine--that sucks d00d. Hope you stay safe and come back soon.

@Missionary--yea, they constantly rotate units in and out of Iraq maintaining a constant level of troops (I think it's 150k right now, not sure though).

@Mwahahaha--this is not a topic for bashing the politics of the operation. Wish Marine good luck, and if you feel like discussing the Iraq war--make another post.

Hoebawt
10-19-2007, 22:33
yea man dont bash him for doing his job.. he doenst mk the descions

Mahdi
10-19-2007, 23:34
Marine you know i'd join you andmy step brother and all my friends and family over there but they wont send me over seas...

Hoebawt
10-19-2007, 23:46
yea america doenst except transies

Devil
10-20-2007, 01:02
dude you in the marines so thats only 7 months....

better than being in the army going for 12-15 months

gl man

ooga booga
10-20-2007, 01:05
Good luck buddy we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. :)

And ya Vinnie they rotate troops in and out of there, my step brother got out last year.

Devil
10-20-2007, 01:07
What is the actual purpose of this operation? I mean what do you need to accomplish before you can bring your troops home? Surely you're not still searching for those weapons of mass destruction.....

wow get educated or atleast a little background info before you go bash something / some1.

We (the soldiers) don't make decisions of war were told to fight so we do. As far as accomplish its no work for one person and anyways its not what we ( the US) need to do. Were basically there in support of Iraq getting its own government and military up and running so they can protect themselves from terrorist or a coup.

So before you get all American bashing please educate yourself so you dont look like a complete jackass.

Thx have a nice day

Xavior
10-20-2007, 01:45
Marine, stay safe.

Satan666
10-20-2007, 03:30
My Brother was over there for like a year and had alot of fun. although he was with some Poles and was in communications. really all he did was play volley ball. But anyway have fun and come back altogether.

MarineRecon
10-20-2007, 12:15
lol thanks guys and devil just so u noe i went army national guard cuz the marines messed wit my contract and stuff hahaa

ranger2112
10-20-2007, 12:32
hey, i was army NG myself. went RA for a while. been out since 1993

Missionary
10-22-2007, 15:35
Marine you know i'd join you andmy step brother and all my friends and family over there but they wont send me over seas...

good job, dont think people would like it if the government started sending boy scouts over :P

Mwahahahaha
10-26-2007, 20:12
wow get educated or atleast a little background info before you go bash something / some1.

We (the soldiers) don't make decisions of war were told to fight so we do. As far as accomplish its no work for one person and anyways its not what we ( the US) need to do. Were basically there in support of Iraq getting its own government and military up and running so they can protect themselves from terrorist or a coup.

So before you get all American bashing please educate yourself so you dont look like a complete jackass.

Thx have a nice day

Does it matter whether you make the decision or not? If I was going to fight somewhere, I'd make **** sure I believed in whatever I was fighting for.

Is Iraq worth your blood? If you sign up for the military to protect your country, is Iraq the place you're going to be?

The way I see it, the american presence is waving a red flag at all the nut-cases down there giving them a target. Is there a defined exit plan that needs to be accomplished? If so, it is long overdue compared to whatever was set out earlier. It seems to me that the motivation these days is plain stubborness trying to prove that the invasion was not wrong.

And wtf has happened to these forums? It seems anyone interested in a discussion on anything has been banned and we're left with lame race to 500 threads.

Mr President
10-26-2007, 22:30
dude you in the marines so thats only 7 months....

better than being in the army going for 12-15 months

gl man

Well thats cause all the Marines do the fighting while the army brings
them water. lol

jk

pcgluva
10-26-2007, 22:34
lol prez stirs the pot once again

Mr President
10-26-2007, 22:43
Does it matter whether you make the decision or not? If I was going to fight somewhere, I'd make **** sure I believed in whatever I was fighting for.

Is Iraq worth your blood? If you sign up for the military to protect your country, is Iraq the place you're going to be?

The way I see it, the american presence is waving a red flag at all the nut-cases down there giving them a target. Is there a defined exit plan that needs to be accomplished? If so, it is long overdue compared to whatever was set out earlier. It seems to me that the motivation these days is plain stubborness trying to prove that the invasion was not wrong.

And wtf has happened to these forums? It seems anyone interested in a discussion on anything has been banned and we're left with lame race to 500 threads.

lol, they would have a different tone if they knew who you really were. Right now they think you are some punk *** who is giving them grief. Nobody gets banned for having discussions. Only person who has been banned in this forum was Spetz. And i'm sorry, but bashing my 11yr daughter is a bit over the line..

It's hard to say what the US is really doing in Iraq anymore. I don't think we are still there to prove a point, i think we are still there to save a country from the can of worms we opened.

Saddam is gone. NOBODY can say that is not a good thing. Iraq will be/is free and that is a good thing. Weapons of mass destruction, i think was a hoax to get the American people on board with the Govts plan to invade. Personally, Bin laden needed to be the # 1 target and i'm saddened that he has yet to be captured.

We have made a dent in the terrorist network. But what bothers me is when people say that what we are doing in Iraq is making them want to hit us more. That is about the biggest load of crap i have heard since hearing Elvis is still alive. Terrorists have been hitting us for years. They don't like us for many reasons. The war in Iraq just gives the Democrats an excuse to blame it all on.

As for our troops, they can only follow orders. They do no have the luxury of deciding when and who they will spill there blood for. They go into a war with nothing more than an order from there commander in chief. It's the American peoples job to elect the best commander in chief they possibly can. But these days people are to busy spending there money on fancy coats and cloths while dumb asses slide right into powerful positions...

If i hear one more candidate say, "what the American people want" ..... They have no clue what we want cause they don't listen to us. They *** kiss us to get elected, then once they are there they don't speak or listen to us till it's election time. And this won't change until the American people make it change. I hope and pray the younger generations make a
change..

Mwahahahaha you know me... I'm always up for a good discussion lol

pcgluva
10-26-2007, 23:00
Ok knowing a few vets of the iraq war i will post my views,

Sept 11th, was one of the worst days in america probally since pearl harbor, so we go to afganastan, but still no bin laden,

Hussian and the taliban would not stop helping Al Quida so we invaded, i do agree the WMD might have been a type of bandwagon idea, but what if it wasnt, we know the govnt keeps alot from us. maybe they did find something, but we invaded and set on a mission to rid iraq of hussain and the taliban, now that they are gone we have to finish what we started.

Pulling out which alot of politics want is not possible and would be stupid. a few thousand men and women have given thier lives for this cause and if we half *** the job then it would be for nothing.

Now to the people saying we are fighting a loosing battle. There have been 4136 coalition deaths to date if im correct. that is one of the least ammount of casualties for a war(or occupation if your a stickler) i have ever herd of. In americas past theres been more then that in one battle.

In all im against pulling out, i am for keeping an occupation force to keep an eye till iraq is self sufficient, but instead of pulling completly out bring home the guys who have been over there for a while and the ones who havnt to afganastan to find bin ladden

Shabaz K
10-27-2007, 01:15
best of luck marine.

as for war on Iraq, thier is a magazine out, a Canadain called Maclains (sp) if u are interested in the war read it. all USA has done is what Hussain's been doing. so Iraq is Iraq when Hussains was around but alot worse. wanna know what i think leave Iraq and let Iran take over.

And sean prove to me that Hussain and Taliban worked together thier is still no prove to this date of thier allaince. Bin laden warred Iraq when they invaded Kuwait.

As a Muslim and througg many muslim views, all USA has done is they divided The sunnies and the shiaes against each other. the USA of course on the Sunnies side as they have more power thier.

Hoebawt
10-27-2007, 01:39
Yea jigger is right i dont even think the Taliban was in Iraq... we just went in there for WMD which he def didnt have..... the war in Iraq is retarded all we did was unbalance the region and killed many innocent ppl... even tho i disagree why we are there i think puliln out would be another wrong decsion.... We shoudl stay there and do wat we can to set up a Democratic Gov... which woudl be able to stand on its own feet

Mahdi
10-27-2007, 02:44
aye to that hoe... pulling out now would be like trying to not get the girl pregnant by pulling out... dont work for shiite...

if we pulled out now it would be lik 1991 when the region started hating us hardcore for just abandoning them... the war was wrong they finished it too quickly i mean come on 1 month we are not Nazi Germany and they are not Poland and France... we are there for the long run now whether we like it or not we got the girl pregnant now its time to raise the child

Hoebawt
10-27-2007, 03:34
raise the child lol thats funny.. and fits perfect lol

and WTF PULLING OUT DONT WORK!!!!!!!!!

ooga booga
10-27-2007, 11:41
Of course... a Canadian Magazine!!! Why didn't I think to look to that for an amazing source sooner! :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

Shabaz K
10-28-2007, 00:58
Of course... a Canadian Magazine!!! Why didn't I think to look to that for an amazing source sooner! :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

ur right lets watch CNN or FOX:D

Shabaz K
10-28-2007, 01:04
@ jig i might be wrong about the taliban and hussien but i know that we are not worse then what sadam was doing. i dont trust the media i dont trust the news i trusy first hand experiences. YES during a time of warfare there is going to be some inhumiane activities, BUT that is always part of war, look chineese torture, hitlers holocaust, but media does not show the good things, ive herd stories from iraq good and bad, the media doesnt show soldiers helping orphans or the good things in the war its just day XX another soldier dies, WAKE UP People were in a war Post 9/11 everyone was for war in afganastan and obviously most were for invading Iraq(talking about americans) and now we got another country to help out. weve done it before, 9/11 showed that america is not the indestructible nation that it was seen as for many years. now we have to deal with that fact and make way with what we started

actually the bush admin. tryied to hoax people about taliban and saddam working together but but all it turned out to be was nothing more then ****.

media= money

p.s. tryng to get my credit up lol

pcgluva
10-28-2007, 01:10
like i said maybe they did

he Americans have thier finger in everything.
because (not trying to sound cocky) america has been the power house for the past few years and if u think back in histroy the powerhouse always had its finger in everything, rome did in its era, britian did in its era. its the roll u get as a powerful nation

Shabaz K
11-04-2007, 21:41
We Dont live in a democracy we live in a two party dictatorship

hoe i luve u for that post:thumbup:

Hoebawt
11-04-2007, 21:55
show ur love in rep plz :P

Satan666
11-04-2007, 22:39
show ur love in rep plz :P

Has anyone been giving out rep since this Credit system went in?

pcgluva
11-04-2007, 22:45
please stay on topic

Hoebawt
11-04-2007, 23:03
LOL sean this went off topic a min ago

Satan666
11-04-2007, 23:04
wow, i just figured considering that even Pres wasn't on topic, (the one where marine was going to Iraq and then found out he wouldn't) But truely because those events have come and pasted, there isn't anymore that should be said on this topic and it should have been closed long ago.

pcgluva
11-04-2007, 23:06
i was talking abotu the rep talk

Hoebawt
11-04-2007, 23:11
but thats how the convo went but ur a mod ur call big guy.... cough*NAZI MOD*cough

pcgluva
11-04-2007, 23:14
keep going on abotu the war mod please delete the previous few post

Satan666
11-04-2007, 23:17
Hmm.... I have blond hair, blue eyes and am 6 foot tall.... I'm the perfect race. :D (thats where the last few posts have been going) But Please Sean i understand where you are coming from but you need to ease up.

And i would create new threads and talk about it there but i know i wouldn't ever get credits for them so i refuse to.

Hoebawt
11-05-2007, 00:11
yea sean atleast we are on the forums talking

Missionary
11-05-2007, 06:04
i think the topic needs closing :P