PDA

View Full Version : Illegal music downloading... good or bad

Ebagpire
12-16-2008, 23:11
DJ:::

Do you feel guilty ::rain:: when you burn a friends copy of that newly released song :RM: youve been waiting for. You probably dont right:confused:. Well, if that is the "legal":angel:, physically going and burning music from "one friend :friends: 2 another friend",:poke: then why is it illegalBannedd to download from a "peer2peer":poke:downloading program. Is it because those rich record owners (sounds like a oil business - owner scandal comin...)Ghost::: dont want their sales droppin and the massive cash flow stoppin.:RM:::rain:::scared2:help:::scared: But to peer2peer someone must buy something... right?...:think:: and if they limit the number of people who download from a peer every 1 month or so, then that will force people to buy more songs than share them ( other peers i mean...) which will increase the sales. ::topic::Please respond and comment cause im doing an essay with my english 9th grade class and need advice:think:: for my pesuasive essay.::topic::. thnx alot merry christmas:angel: or x-mas to some like Satan666.:vangry:

svenneman
12-17-2008, 03:06
OMG I have never seen a post with more emoticons than you had!!! :P

now to the subject.

I believe that the artists, writers, artists etc. should be paid for their creations. Piracy is a result of the music and movie industry being too slow adapting to a new market. If there would exist good legal solutions where the material weren't so **** expensive. Then the piracy problem would not be as big today. As an example, why can't the movie studios start selling their films with proper HD resolution and sound on the web. If they would make low quality (SD and stereo) films available for free in an online tv funded by ads, let people buy subscriptions so they can download and watch whatever movies they want in decent quality. Then I'm quite sure piracy would decrease.

I got to recommend a legal music service, much like itunes, but you get access to a complete music library at either a montly fee with no ads, or a free version where you hear a message from sponsors every few songs. Better than radio and has a massive music library. The program is called Spotify. The free version is currenty invite only. But subscriptions are also available at a decent cost.

Check it out: http://www.spotify.com

Unfortuantely I have no invites left, but if I get some left over I'll let people know. :)

k959
12-17-2008, 03:19
i have a "friend" that does it and "he" doesnt feel bad about it at all whenever "he" goes out and takes a rip of a movie off the web and downloads it so "he" can watch it before he deletes it so "he" can download the next movie because i would never do that

Bram Gotink
12-17-2008, 04:01
I don't download songs ...
except with youtube, but then : who doesn't?
No, I truly only download from youtube, with the Firefox VideoDownloader ...
bloody .flv files ...

Max Logan
12-17-2008, 04:34
i don`t ever download song...i take the entire album

Crimson Shadow
12-17-2008, 06:31
Good thing I wrote a paper on this a couple of months ago. I BSed most of it, but if you want it I'll post it here.

Warl0rd
12-18-2008, 14:39
Please respond and comment cause im doing an essay with my english 9th grade class and need advice:think:: for my pesuasive essay.::topic::. thnx alot merry christmas:angel: or x-mas to some like Satan666.:vangry:ttry changing the essay subject from music to computer game piracy and here's your work done: http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html