PDA

View Full Version : Spy ops or suicide?

jeff_capes
12-20-2008, 19:28
I was thinking, after reading some of the GRIM, NS vs TNG thread I think I read that Xav was on the Patriot list the other set because he did a few detructive spy ops. Never got caught but because the people he did it too didn't have any spies but they moaned and then Xav was revealed by the admin (may not have the story correct) and I can't see anywhere that people have talked about it.
But now my question is.... is this right?
Surely if a state has no spies then it should be tough luck! If someone builds all spies and has to get like 5mil to break then does loads of them, then that would be a bit naughty and looked at as suiciding. But if a state has no spies at all or very little then surely its a learning curve they need to take.
2 reasons I say this is because I don't wanna see people being on "lists" when they don't even get caught.
And because I think its funny and may do 1 myself, and if they have no spies then tough luck, lol

Fangz
12-20-2008, 19:51
gotta agree with this

Max Logan
12-20-2008, 20:12
It was made so, that if no attacks fail and you don`t know who the attacker was, well, tough luck.

Although, kills are revealed

Crimson Shadow
12-20-2008, 23:16
This was changed at the beginning of the set, as max has stated. Unfortunately Xav "suicided" before the rule was changed.

Max Logan
12-21-2008, 08:09
should be the same with kill

Bright
12-21-2008, 13:33
definitely agree on this. I've dropped a few as a friendly reminder in the past.

Bram Gotink
12-21-2008, 13:52
definitely agree on this. I've dropped a few as a friendly reminder in the past.

lol

I agree,
and I don't like the idea of a list with offenders ... just like a list with sexual offenders in RL.
doesn't make sense, violation of privacy etc. etc. etc.
and what do you get? the people that are on the list won't tell their identity and just continue to play -- tho that is quite hard with the pink in the scores list -- ...

Xavior
12-21-2008, 16:46
I was thinking, after reading some of the GRIM, NS vs TNG thread I think I read that Xav was on the Patriot list the other set because he did a few detructive spy ops. Never got caught but because the people he did it too didn't have any spies but they moaned and then Xav was revealed by the admin (may not have the story correct) and I can't see anywhere that people have talked about it.
But now my question is.... is this right?
Surely if a state has no spies then it should be tough luck! If someone builds all spies and has to get like 5mil to break then does loads of them, then that would be a bit naughty and looked at as suiciding. But if a state has no spies at all or very little then surely its a learning curve they need to take.
2 reasons I say this is because I don't wanna see people being on "lists" when they don't even get caught.
And because I think its funny and may do 1 myself, and if they have no spies then tough luck, lol

You must have missed the 2-3 huge threads on this :p

And to answer your question: It is not right! :)