PDA

View Full Version : Turks elect ex-Islamist president

Spetznaz_GRU
08-28-2007, 18:45
Turkey's controversial Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul has been sworn in as the country's new president.
BBC story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6966216.stm)

I'm sorry to see that this happened. Turkey was my most respected muslim country. It was a muslim country that back in 1925 divided religion and politics. Atta Turk. The creator of Turkey as we know now. The man who gave Turkey it's name. A country that forbids females to were a headscarf in Universities and other federal places. A shame that this will go back into history. I'm sure that somebody who's pretty extremist like Abdullah Gul, that he will start the issue with the Kurds once more. Proclaiming them as non-Turks. And I'm pretty sure, that Turkey's way into the EU will have more way back than forward.

Discuss...

Warl0rd
08-28-2007, 19:01
I don't follow Turkey's politics, IMO there are alot more important political issues to follow around the world...

Spetznaz_GRU
08-28-2007, 19:06
Lol. Portugal? This is very important for the future of EU. Oh look Portugal is in the EU. So even if Portugal isn't worth talking about other than an occasional forest fire, than this should concern your politics too.

Will
08-28-2007, 19:24
As I said on the old board, the muslims have more of a right to europe than the europeans.

youngwebsolutions
08-28-2007, 19:25
this is kind of interesting situation..

the Turkish army already said not to accept him as a president (because of spetz mentioned reasons)

his first duty as a new president however is to speak against the army where his wife is not allowed to wear anything to hide her hair/face behind
but she is a very 'old style' Muslim women who has to cover their face in public.

this might end in a war very soon!

Warl0rd
08-28-2007, 19:56
I don't follow Turkey's politics, IMO there are alot more important political issues to follow around the world...I speak about world politics and you talk about Portuguese florest fires, what are you on?:confused:

Spetznaz_GRU
08-28-2007, 20:36
As I said on the old board, the muslims have more of a right to europe than the europeans.
Thanks for proving my point. You're a complete idiot that just says things to wind people up.

this is kind of interesting situation..

the Turkish army already said not to accept him as a president (because of spetz mentioned reasons)

his first duty as a new president however is to speak against the army where his wife is not allowed to wear anything to hide her hair/face behind
but she is a very 'old style' Muslim women who has to cover their face in public.

this might end in a war very soon!
I don't hope so for the sake of Turkish civilians. But you are very right, that this could lead to a stalemate. However, this is what the Turkish have voted for. Still I think that it would mean a step back into history for Turkey. Turkey
that became a more or less European orientated muslim country. I'm not expecting them to put sharia laws into the government, but it's also slightly alarming. But... I also have to be honest. Here in the Netherlands we have a coalition of 3 parties of which 1 a social democrat/labour party and the other two a religious parties. This doesn't mean that they have religious laws here in the Netherlands, so maybe this will not happen to Turkey as well. Still time will tell.

I speak about world politics and you talk about Portuguese florest fires, what are you on?:confused:
As the great and just admin that you think you are, I'd expect you to know this rule... If you have nothing to say on the matter, than don't say anything at all. I can also go and post in every topic in which I don't feel posting that it's a topic that does not concern me. And you ask me what I am on? Lol, you're being cranky and a lousy example for the rest of the community and you don't see me asking what the hell went wrong in your personal life.

And oh, what's a florest fire? Is it like when flowers catch fire? Lol :D

Warl0rd
08-28-2007, 20:50
Thanks for proving my point. You're a complete idiot that just says things to wind people up.And I expect you to be more polite with others ;)
If you have nothing to say on the matter, than don't say anything at allHow nice to point the fingers to others when you fail to follow the same rule by replying to it...
And oh, what's a florest fire? Is it like when flowers catch fire? Lol :DA florest fire is a typo :D

I just hope no revolution starts and they keep in peace and don't go crazy with any country near them...

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 06:57
First quote was to Will. It had nothing to do with you.

Second quote... You're an admin. Even if I did something wrong, doesn't mean that you should do the same. You're an example. Like sort of a minister of this forum.

Third quote... Yeah sure. You seem to make a lot of those "typos".

And finally I want to say, let's get back on-topic. Even Will's retarded rants without argumentation were on-topic. So that makes you even worse than him. :rolleyes:

Warl0rd
08-29-2007, 07:39
1- I said polite with others.
2- Like you tried to remind me in many posts I'm a GAME admin, not the forum minister.
3- Thats what happens when you no longer look at the keyboard while typeing :P
4- I guess you didn't check my last sentence in the previous post ;)

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 07:51
1- I said polite with others.
2- Like you tried to remind me in many posts I'm a GAME admin, not the forum minister.
3- Thats what happens when you no longer look at the keyboard while typeing :P
4- I guess you didn't check my last sentence in the previous post ;)
1) I'm trying to now, but the way you handled me on the last forum and the new
one was not really polite either. Still I'm willing to call it even and start over. How about you?:drink:

2) Still an admin is an admin. I don't think that a bad person should be a game admin either. Not saying you're a bad person, still saying that you're an example for the other users by having admin under your name. :wink:

3) I was being an ***. Typos happen to everybody. And me too. I just felt that you weren't being nice to me and after crying I started being an ***.

4) Me too. People are people, no matter what they voted for or what they believe in. Turkey seems pretty peaceful other than the Cyprus issue. But all countries have disputes. I'm a Russian so I shouldn't say too much on that question. All I'm hoping is that they don't go backwards.

Warl0rd
08-29-2007, 07:59
1-:drink:
2-Agreed

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 08:01
Lol how about 3 and 4?

Warl0rd
08-29-2007, 09:53
nothing to add so i :stfu:

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 10:14