PDA

View Full Version : [WLF announcement] Time for a change

DBozMen
12-26-2008, 15:39
Hello all,

From one moment to another moment, we came to the conclusion that’s it’s time for a change. You might ask yourselves, what kind of a change. Well, it comes down to this: “The WLF tag will be put to rest”.

But that’s not everything, we strongly believe that many of us need change. The game is now called Nation Wars, while many people still think of it as World of War. Changes are coming and we have to accept those to make this game work. It will be key factor in getting the community to grow.

At stated above it’s pretty clear that there is too much talk about the good old days and how people sucked at it or how good they were. So we are asking ourselves how does that benefit us? Here in the present time?

Anyway the WLF leadership came to the following conclusion.

We need:
- New and smaller nations;
- New leaders;
- New alliances;
- More diversity.

All we’re saying is that it would be better to for us and for the game, to place the WLF tag to rest. And let our protégés/members to run their own idea’s, let them make the same mistakes that we did, let them handle the issues at hand and feel the consequences of their own actions.

But of course we are not completely gone, Cemetary and Hoebawt are going to setup a new tag (but with a small number of people), we got DSL that’s setting up his own nation and Vice is going further with his own tag. But we are going to need more initiatives and by this statement we hope more people are going to change.

As closing notice, WLF will have one more set of warring. This will come in February or March.

Kind regards,

The WLF leadership

Divine Intervention
12-26-2008, 15:43
i love WLF :(. so sad to see the 2 nations i dedicated my game career to the most (DaK and WLF) both retiring :(.
i remember that even during DaK i began forming a good friendship with Hoebawt..however it took some sets before
i finally joined (joining PX, EURO, SW and FED before)...i think i was in FED and we got owned by LoR and no one
was fighting back...and then WLF gave me the chance to fight back against LoR and i played with WLF from
October 2005 to April 2008 (only leaving to play in DaK reunion sets i believe).

good times. especially when i was helping Hoebawt lead :D

Dogma
12-26-2008, 15:44
To any of the newleaders coming out of WLF, if I can be of assistance, let me know.

WLF has had a long, successful ride and I wish the best for all involved with WLF and hope that you guys can have as much fun as ever.

Bram Gotink
12-26-2008, 15:44
:o
So the rumors were true ...

Well, GL all with the new nations etc.
Last set of war = lol | maybe I'll join, for the good old days ...

Now, where's Hoe, I need to talk to him (and Joey)

Max Logan
12-26-2008, 18:34
To any of the newleaders coming out of WLF, if I can be of assistance, let me know.

WLF has had a long, successful ride and I wish the best for all involved with WLF and hope that you guys can have as much fun as ever.

I hear smt else last set ;)

Best of luck to WLF members, may you choke a bone! :)

Vortex
12-26-2008, 19:02
First of all good luck to whome ever is leading.
But why do you want to let your members make the same mistakes you did.
I made mistakes in the past so that my members dont have to.
Sharing experience is what made nations and players better. Hence they enjoyed there game more. Your suggesting to let everybody suck and make mistakes. And keep the knowledge and experiences to yourself.

You want smaller nations? Ive never had a bigger nation then 15 members or so. One set excluded. Are you agreeing my aproach from the past 4-6 years? Cuz in that case, thats not the sollution. Ive always did that so did Breetai and others. WLF and LOR were the big nations.

Ppl who talk about the "good old days"are probably missing them.
The game is called different cuz its a totally different game? I thought there were other reasons not to use WOW anymore.

Alliances are made for reasons.
Personal interest or gamewise interest. Why change them. That is part of the history ingame.

Im very doubtfull in that aproach.

Dogma
12-26-2008, 19:21
I hear smt else last set ;)

Best of luck to WLF members, may you choke a bone! :)

Yeah I misspoke on that one. Not too much of that fun anyway. :P::oops:

Best of luck at any rate

Bright
12-26-2008, 19:36
Its a good time to retire the tag given that you guys are on a high note in terms of warring and influence within the game.

I'm pretty sure the final warring set is gonna be a good one too.

GL to all who start new nations, if you wish to pursue FA with mine, don't be afraid to ask.

Mahdi
12-26-2008, 19:47
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww57/TheJesterMahdi/GrimHell21.jpg?t=1230335081

it was nice carrying the barrier and to all my brethren within WLF if you need something im here for you

FeaRLezZoN3
12-27-2008, 01:53
WLF FOR LYFE!!!!

It has been fun fellas :)

Time for a CHANGE and a NEW YEAR!!!

vT is recruiting if anyone is interested.

-Z-
12-27-2008, 04:43
I have been waiting for this day.

WLF will allways be my home... my love... :wub:

lol

But indeed it is time...

I will hopefully be running Canada next set with Jameswheel.

I will return to WLF whenever it might be reborn... if ever,

It has been an honor playing with you all boys, you know who you are....

So many of you, I could list 30 names and still miss some valued members.

thank you everyohne for you support,

and the biggest thanks goes out to all of WLF enemies:

Thanks for helping us train for War. (Viets, ESTOS, USA, LOR)

And those who bashed WLF, thank you as well, it gave us the fire we needed to keep on going, and become the great nation we are.

All your criticisms fueled our blood lust, and made victory ever so sweet when it was achieved.

Shout out to LOR for the alliance we once had.

Thanks to Anton for his charisma (insert goofy joke) and helping WLF almost every set in his own strange way,

We Came, We Saw, We passed out drunk!!!!

Z

DBozMen
12-27-2008, 06:28
First of all good luck to whome ever is leading.
But why do you want to let your members make the same mistakes you did.
I made mistakes in the past so that my members dont have to.
Sharing experience is what made nations and players better. Hence they enjoyed there game more. Your suggesting to let everybody suck and make mistakes. And keep the knowledge and experiences to yourself.

If you play right from the start without making any mistakes or misshandled issue, what would be the fun of it? How can you find the game interesting if nothing would be happening?

Ofcourse i'm not gonna keep my knowledge to myself, as state in my nation message i'll be helping out the little start up nations (if approached :) ).

You want smaller nations? Ive never had a bigger nation then 15 members or so. One set excluded. Are you agreeing my aproach from the past 4-6 years? Cuz in that case, thats not the sollution. Ive always did that so did Breetai and others. WLF and LOR were the big nations.
As of this moment WLF has had 20-25 member (now 19), which was 20-25% of the total active playerbase, therefore we where harder to war and beat. By getting more smaller nations we hope to create more diversity.

Ppl who talk about the "good old days"are probably missing them.
The game is called different cuz its a totally different game? I thought there were other reasons not to use WOW anymore.
A prefect example of people missing it, was the sanctions idea. It works, with maybe some more tweaking, but so many people where whining about it :(.

Alliances are made for reasons.
Personal interest or gamewise interest. Why change them. That is part of the history ingame.

Im very doubtfull in that aproach.
WLF has been allied to everyone and anyone. WLF has warred everyone and anyone. And we can say it's fun, real fun to change sides, making your enemies your friends, because only than you fully understand the otherside.

FeaRLezZoN3
12-27-2008, 06:35
Thanks to Anton for his charisma (insert goofy joke) and helping WLF almost every set in his own strange way,

We Came, We Saw, We passed out drunk!!!!

Z

Amen to that!

jeff_capes
12-27-2008, 13:39
Whats everyone being nice for?
**** WLF, haha PT::: :laugh:

Lets party
DJ:::

Will
12-27-2008, 17:29
Hmm, will watch this closely. Jury is still out on WLF for me.

Cemetary
12-27-2008, 22:15
Hmm, will watch this closely. Jury is still out on WLF for me.

Cem in any nation = a badass nation

kenshin44
12-28-2008, 01:21
Hello all,

From one moment to another moment, we came to the conclusion that’s it’s time for a change. You might ask yourselves, what kind of a change. Well, it comes down to this: “The WLF tag will be put to rest”.

But that’s not everything, we strongly believe that many of us need change. The game is now called Nation Wars, while many people still think of it as World of War. Changes are coming and we have to accept those to make this game work. It will be key factor in getting the community to grow.

At stated above it’s pretty clear that there is too much talk about the good old days and how people sucked at it or how good they were. So we are asking ourselves how does that benefit us? Here in the present time?

Anyway the WLF leadership came to the following conclusion.

We need:
- New and smaller nations;
- New leaders;
- New alliances;
- More diversity.

All we’re saying is that it would be better to for us and for the game, to place the WLF tag to rest. And let our protégés/members to run their own idea’s, let them make the same mistakes that we did, let them handle the issues at hand and feel the consequences of their own actions.

But of course we are not completely gone, Cemetary and Hoebawt are going to setup a new tag (but with a small number of people), we got DSL that’s setting up his own nation and Vice is going further with his own tag. But we are going to need more initiatives and by this statement we hope more people are going to change.

As closing notice, WLF will have one more set of warring. This will come in February or March.

Kind regards,

The WLF leadership

All the wars from Past and Present, it truly has been an honor.

GL to all of WLF

-Chris-
12-28-2008, 01:57
-valiantly salutes as a tear slides down his cheek-
::pitty::yessir::

Vortex
12-28-2008, 08:49
If you play right from the start without making any mistakes or misshandled issue, what would be the fun of it? How can you find the game interesting if nothing would be happening?.

Im not saying they cant make mistakes. Im giving them all the info they need to not make mistakes.

Ofcourse i'm not gonna keep my knowledge to myself, as state in my nation message i'll be helping out the little start up nations (if approached :) ).

As of this moment WLF has had 20-25 member (now 19), which was 20-25% of the total active playerbase, therefore we where harder to war and beat. By getting more smaller nations we hope to create more diversity.

Why didnt you think of this when WLF was 40-60 members big? (That you were harder to war and beat. Cuz its convenient for WLF to say that now? You never made that a problem back in the days. I know we had 400-600 active players back then but the ratio is kinda the same. Your were always the bigger nation.

A prefect example of people missing it, was the sanctions idea. It works, with maybe some more tweaking, but so many people where whining about it :(..

Changes are always different for ppl. Does it benefit you its good, and they other way around.

WLF has been allied to everyone and anyone. WLF has warred everyone and anyone. And we can say it's fun, real fun to change sides, making your enemies your friends, because only than you fully understand the otherside.

Im not dissagreeing it can be fun. But on the otherside it adds some tension.

DBozMen
12-28-2008, 08:51
Why didnt you think of this when WLF was 40-60 members big? (That you were harder to war and beat. Cuz its convenient for WLF to say that now? You never made that a problem back in the days. I know we had 400-600 active players back then but the ratio is kinda the same. Your were always the bigger nation.

WLF might have had 1 or 2 rounds with 40+ people. But most of the time in WoW we had like 20-30 people, we never were a big nation for that matter. Here in NW we are, and therefore we take action.

-Chris-
12-28-2008, 18:11
WLF's always been the little guy in the fight. Quality over Quantity

Fangz
12-28-2008, 21:03
WLF, i hate to see you go, but i love to watch you walk away.:tongue::

Mahdi
12-28-2008, 21:25
are you saying wlf has a nice ***?

Fangz
12-28-2008, 21:27
oh yea. plus i heard hoe has enough for the whole nation.

Mahdi
12-28-2008, 21:45
you must have heard wrong... he gives up enough for the whole nation idk about having enough for the whole nation at once

Hoebawt
12-30-2008, 19:50
Best Nation Ever

Vortex
12-31-2008, 09:13
Wurd.

Sorry, hoe said my post was ridcules. So I thought I made a really good one :walmp:

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 09:33
whats with you and the we all love mr president smiley

Vortex
12-31-2008, 09:35
whats with you and the we all love mr president smiley

To show my appreaciation!!:walmp:

I could also put in a smiley from my queen. If I could only find one.

Morph
12-31-2008, 12:07
WLF's always been the little guy in the fight. Quantity over Quality

fixed

::LD::GrimReapr
12-31-2008, 12:38
To show my appreaciation!!:walmp:

I could also put in a smiley from my queen. If I could only find one.

I agree we should all show more appreciation to Mr President and the others that do so much for the game.It's just unfortunate that there is only a smiley with mr P on it sorry for the other just to name a few
Maggio
Sven
TNova
BB and all you other Mod and Code writers.
:walmp:

Max Logan
12-31-2008, 13:08
fixed

you mean, mean person!
I`m in love already! :tt1:

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 15:37
fixed

yay so we dont have to worry about chris having kids any time soon? the south must be in rejoice right now. Lock up your daughters chris can't have kids!

Raul
12-31-2008, 15:41
I agree we should all show more appreciation to Mr President and the others that do so much for the game.It's just unfortunate that there is only a smiley with mr P on it sorry for the other just to name a few
Maggio
Sven
TNova
BB and all you other Mod and Code writers.
:walmp:

and Anton and Ali and Winnie Pooh

Divine Intervention
12-31-2008, 15:55
yay so we dont have to worry about chris having kids any time soon? the south must be in rejoice right now. Lock up your daughters chris can't have kids!

Chris makes love to his own relatives. other families have nothing to fear ::pitty::

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 16:00
good point... that and the younger girls have learned rather quickly to outsmart him... lol

Divine Intervention
12-31-2008, 16:03
thats why he goes for boys now.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v323/168/101/1436185284/n1436185284_30057952_3345.jpg

aight?