PDA

View Full Version : Abortion!

Acetriad
12-29-2008, 03:57
Is it wrong to kill a child?
Is it wrong to terminate a pregnancy?
Where does the limit set?: partial birth abortion, or the condom?
If a couple makes a mistake, can they rectify it, or is that "mistake" a human life that must be cherished?
What if a women is raped? Do the sins of the father carry on to the child, or must a woman bare a responsibility that has been forced upon her?

Bram Gotink
12-29-2008, 05:05
I don't like the idea of abortion,
but I can understand why someone would want it. Don't agree with it, but I can understand that you don't want the baby of the person who raped you.
So I can accept it that abortion is permitted for rape victims and if the mother would not survive the pregnancy (illness, ...)

Things that I can not understand:
- "We have discovered that your child has Down syndrome. Would you like to abort?"
- "It wasn't planned. Can I abort?"
- "I don't like the father anymore. Can I abort?"

If you truly don't want the child, give it away for adoption. Don't abort. Give it a chance to live.

There is a big difference between anticonception/contraception and abortion. The first is something magnificent as you can choose when to get children. The second is close to murder.

SoB
12-29-2008, 14:40
Seriously guys,

I know this is the general discussions forum, but seriously, do we need this topic.

Dogma
12-29-2008, 14:53
And how many times do we have to have this topic? THis has been discussed in these forums on numerous occasions, please look it up in GD and reuse that topic.

Mahdi
12-29-2008, 16:01
can we abort this thread please?

MAGGIO
12-29-2008, 16:08
I know one thing. If you have never been faced with the decission to have one or not, then you have no right to judge those who have had one.