PDA

View Full Version : Sanctions Return!

Mr President
12-30-2008, 16:16
Originally i didn't think the updated version of the Sanctions would be done in time. But thanks to Svenne, it is ready! (he prolly wrote up a quick script in 30 seconds while doing 10 other things. yet it takes me days to write one lol)

Anyway here is how they are now. And again, if more changes need to be made they can happen.

You still need a min of 500,000 and 155% to declare sanctions, but now there is a daily cost added in.

Each day your nation will be charged 40,000 sanction points per member per day. So if you have 10 members your nation will automatically be charged 400,000 Sanction points.

If you don't have enough to cover the cost, Sanctions are automatically lifted.

We are going to start with 40k per member for now and then adjust as needed. But as you can see it's expensive to declare and maintain Sanctions against another nation. This should help control nations using them as a feeding tool.

I really like this new addition to the Sanctions..

And thanks again Svenne for the help! :)

Mahdi
12-30-2008, 16:30
i like the implementation Mr P and svenne good work

Crimson Shadow
12-30-2008, 16:30
This sounds much better than it was. Thanks Svenne for fixing it :)

Cemetary
12-30-2008, 17:32
i really like this idea as well since the bigger nations cant screw over a top player in a small nation

idk if 40k per person is too high or not but i guess well see

i do have one ? tho... if your nation drops below the 500k mark due to the tech being drained, r they auto lifted? or does it keep dropping until 0?

svenneman
12-30-2008, 17:46
it keeps dropping until you can't pay for your sanctions, whenever that happens all of your sanctions are dropped.

Dogma
12-30-2008, 17:51
it keeps dropping until you can't pay for your sanctions, whenever that happens all of your sanctions are dropped.

Thanks Svenne. Great job

Divine Intervention
12-30-2008, 17:59

so when sanctions tech drops to 0? or below 155%?

Mr President
12-30-2008, 20:50
0 <-------- this is your answer anton

The only time sanctions are lifted is if:

- War breaks out
-You manually end them
-You run out of Sanction tech and can't pay the amount due each day.

Dogma
12-30-2008, 21:03

The only time sanctions are lifted is if:

- War breaks out
-You manually end them
-You run out of Sanction tech and can't pay the amount due each day.

Run out of saction tech... meaning drop below the 155% or 500K?

Mr President
12-30-2008, 21:04
meaning you have 0 sanction tech..

This has nothing to do with the 500k or the 155% levels.

Dogma
12-30-2008, 22:37

Went back a reread the entire thread again, slower this time, and I see. I think this is much better.

Calvin74
12-30-2008, 22:57
if you dec sanctions on multiple nations do you have to pay the sanction tech for each nation or is it just a payment for the ability to dec sanctions in general?

Dogma
12-31-2008, 04:09
if you dec sanctions on multiple nations do you have to pay the sanction tech for each nation or is it just a payment for the ability to dec sanctions in general?

Yeah, what he said. :)

FeaRLezZoN3
12-31-2008, 04:15
this is much better, thanks!

svenneman
12-31-2008, 07:02

Yes each sanction you declare cost 500k, and 40k/day/state

Total daily cost is 40000*numberOfStates*numberofSanctions

If that cost is greater than what the nation has in its sanctions tech, then all sanctions are automatically cancelled and no daily charge is taken from the sanctions tech.

This means that the sanctions tech can stay at more than 0 science points even though sanctions were cancelled.

Bram Gotink
12-31-2008, 08:01
I want to be techer now :o
nah, kidding

I like it. Good job, Mr P & Svenne ...

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 08:08
/me thinks they are trying to make tech a more viable set long strat

Missionary
01-01-2009, 15:14
Originally i didn't think the updated version of the Sanctions would be done in time. But thanks to Svenne, it is ready! (he prolly wrote up a quick script in 30 seconds while doing 10 other things. yet it takes me days to write one lol)

Anyway here is how they are now. And again, if more changes need to be made they can happen.

You still need a min of 500,000 and 155% to declare sanctions, but now there is a daily cost added in.

Each day your nation will be charged 40,000 sanction points per member per day. So if you have 10 members your nation will automatically be charged 400,000 Sanction points.

If you don't have enough to cover the cost, Sanctions are automatically lifted.

We are going to start with 40k per member for now and then adjust as needed. But as you can see it's expensive to declare and maintain Sanctions against another nation. This should help control nations using them as a feeding tool.

I really like this new addition to the Sanctions..

And thanks again Svenne for the help! :)

so if a nation of 20 members puts a sanction on another nation. they have to pay 800k science they have put on the santion option in the dev.centre? have i got that right?

Dogma
01-01-2009, 15:22
That is how I understand it

Calvin74
01-01-2009, 15:38
so if a nation of 20 members puts a sanction on another nation. they have to pay 800k science they have put on the santion option in the dev.centre? have i got that right?

i think there will be massive tweaking of it but lets see how it plays out this set:P
i really can't see a big nation affording to dec sanctions on anyone else

Mahdi
01-01-2009, 15:44
yeah cuz thats 1.6 billion a day that would severely and i mean severly weaken a nation for being able to keep up with tech and na

svenneman
01-01-2009, 16:28
As calvin said, this will most likely be tweaked. The cost this set is set at 40k/member/day. These science points are deducted once every day from the sanctions tech.

nosejam
01-01-2009, 17:04
What time each day? Is there a certain time of the day or is it 24 hours after you declared the sanctions?

Mr President
01-01-2009, 23:29
It will deduct the amount every 24hrs when the game changes dates. So the same time bonuses are reset, the amount comes off.

also, there is one change that i forgot to add in for this set. It's nothing major and won't effect game play so i plan on adding it in this weekend.

Nation leaders (and members with nation privs) will be able to send out a Urgent message to the nation that will show up as soon as a member logs in and you go to the main screen.

just like it does when you get attacked or war is declared..

I know this was asked for a while back, so now you will get it. :)

MAGGIO
01-01-2009, 23:33
It will deduct the amount every 24hrs when the game changes dates. So the same time bonuses are reset, the amount comes off.

also, there is one change that i forgot to add in for this set. It's nothing major and won't effect game play so i plan on adding it in this weekend.

Nation leaders (and members with nation privs) will be able to send out a Urgent message to the nation that will show up as soon as a member logs in and you go to the main screen.

that is huge

Mahdi
01-01-2009, 23:39
oorah el presidente

Divine Intervention
01-02-2009, 09:29

nation privs, you mean any priv? because pretty much everyone gets V these days. should be only people with M and F who can do this. anyway, awesome addition. where do i find it though :blush: i dont see any changes with the whole PMing system...does it just show up on front screen either way?

nosejam
01-02-2009, 09:31
It's nothing major and won't effect game play so i plan on adding it in this weekend

Quoted for Anton

Divine Intervention
01-02-2009, 09:42
right. sorry. i only just woke up and didn't read carefully. my bad. can't wait :D but yeah...hope when you say nation privs you mean F and M. not V, T, O :)

Mr President
01-02-2009, 16:30
You have to have the member admin priv to be able to use it.

Mr President
01-03-2009, 00:23
Members of a nation who have the "M" priv may now send out an "Urgent

Messages" to all nation members.

When each member logs in they will see it right away. Just like they view

the other current events.

To use this feature click on "members states" tab in menu, then click on

"member admin" link and you will see the new boxes. Simply fill out the

title and the message and click "send message".

svenneman
01-03-2009, 06:20
well done, however I dont like the new look on the "home news"

The red colored topic is really hard to read with that background. I suggest you skip those bright colors when you have a light brown background. Light colors are good if you have a dark background, so either put a box around the home news with a dark brown bg color, or change the font color.

Mr President
01-03-2009, 14:01
Funny you said that cause last night after i loaded it up i said i didn't like the red color and needed to change it back to black lol.. but then i got side tracked and forgot to change it back.

Mahdi
01-03-2009, 14:03
haha mr p has a minor case of add just like almost all "normal" people

:walmp:

Mr President
01-03-2009, 14:15
font color has been removed.

Also i have made it so you can look up past leader notifications in the news archives.