PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Zune Hit With Glitch

L P
12-31-2008, 15:36
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123074469238845927.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

YES! I love Microsoft.:laugh:

L P
12-31-2008, 15:41
"A message on the Zune support Web site acknowledged the problem and informed customers Microsoft was working to address it, but didn't identify the cause."

First my Xbox360 and now this...

Why do they insist on selling crap? Isn't it bad enough they are fleecing me with this Vista Operating System?

Thankfully I don't own a Zune.

Mr President
12-31-2008, 15:43
Whats wrong with your xbox? I just bought one for Christmas :scared:

nosejam
12-31-2008, 16:03

Which rock do you live under??

L P
12-31-2008, 16:49
I've had to send it back twice now.

Currently, it scratches every disc I put in it. Microsoft says they won't fix it anymore and they blame me cause they said I move the console while I'm playing it.

Hey, my Wii works great.:thumbup:

Bram Gotink
12-31-2008, 16:54
typically MS ...
Ubuntu ftw !

or in this case: Zen ftw !

L P
12-31-2008, 21:13
Later in the day, Microsoft finally figured it out. While writing some of the driver software, the world's biggest software company had forgotten to compensate for leap years.

The solution? Wait 24 hours until Jan. 1.

The Microsoft posting promised a fix by the end of the next leap year in December 2012. Ghost:::

Mahdi
12-31-2008, 21:22
so thats why my zune wont load?

Calvin74
12-31-2008, 22:38

my 360 works great and i got it the year it came out *knock on wood*
i just leave it in a well ventilated area and don't move it with a disk in it:P
i am much happier with my 360 than my neighbor is with his ps3
the wii is fun but just can't measure up to me with the games i want (not knocking the wii since i would love to have one but just not as my main console)

L P
01-01-2009, 00:23
Heck, I still use my PS2 and I'm usually able to find decent new releases for it so far.

I won't buy a PS3 and I'm not gonna spend any more money on Xbox stuff when MS can't build a product that won't have trouble. This is why I won't buy a Zune and I use Open Office/Firefox.

Mahdi
01-01-2009, 01:20
browserwise chrome is faster and more convenient

L P
01-01-2009, 01:26
Yes but I have found FF to have better features. I think in a few years Chrome has a chance. It just needs to grow up a little.

But I agree, it's the fastest browser out there.

Mahdi
01-01-2009, 01:45
im kinda interested in seeing what google can provide for an OS for computers... only time will tell but i think it will be decent

Bram Gotink
01-01-2009, 01:54
Chrome ftw !

fastest, smallest menu bar, easy searching on google/images.google.be/en.wikipedia.org/nl.wikipedia.org/youtube/IMDB ... I had to change the search engines of the browser myself tho, so that could be better... tho that was quite easy

w/e, this is a bash MS thread, so let's bash MS
I use MS Office 2003, b/c the 2007/vista edition is just a tiny little bit completely different than the 2003. Can't find anything in the new versions ... which sucks if you have to use them at the uni.
Which reminds me to ask myself the following question: "The uni has blocked all MS macros in Word/Excel... . How come I can't use copy/paste then? Is that a macro as well?"
n.b.: if you use ctrl+c, no problem. If you use ctrl+v, the thing goes "macros have been disabled..." The only solution: paste special

and I am not even beginning about MS IE ... one word : sucks like hell
three words: sucks like ...
one word: sucks like hell

w/e, you get the point