PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who

nosejam
01-02-2009, 11:16
Anyone a fan of the TV series Doctor Who?

They're announcing who the next Doctor will be on Saturday, it's going to take a lot to top Tennant imo, but that might just be because I have a mancrush on Tennant.

::LD::GrimReapr
01-02-2009, 11:22
I have Heard of it but never watched it sorry.

:walmp: :walmp: Dance::Dance:: :walmp: :walmp:

Crimson Shadow
01-02-2009, 12:56
Always looked dumb on TV commercials...so I never watched it.

Dogma
01-02-2009, 13:38
I actualy enjoy it at times. I really liked the last Dr better than this one though. DOn't remember his name.

nosejam
01-02-2009, 13:49
Christopher Eccleston?

He took a while for me to like him but I really did at the end, didn't think they could get an adequate replacement, but David Tennant did it for me.

Satan666
01-02-2009, 16:28
LOL i am like a Doctor Who nerd. I have all the episodes on my hard drive. I liked different things from Christopher Eccleston and David Tennent. but i really doubt this next one will top Tennent.

Great show, i have convinced my middle brother and everyone that lives with him to watch it and also my manager at work.

KLL
01-02-2009, 16:58
i love it... but i thuoght that tennant will last for antoher season? at least it was implied in dr who confidential...
oh and you might enjoy this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A&feature=rec-HM-rev-rn

the new season comes out in march right? pisses me off

nosejam
01-02-2009, 17:10
i love it... but i thuoght that tennant will last for antoher season? at least it was implied in dr who confidential...
oh and you might enjoy this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A&feature=rec-HM-rev-rn

the new season comes out in march right? pisses me off

From what I remember, Tennant is doing 4 more one-off's like the Christmas Special and then will be handing the baton over to the new Doctor

Satan666
01-02-2009, 17:48
actually they are having 4 specials over 2009 and come this Christmas it will be handed over.

The Legend
01-02-2009, 23:18
I was quite fond of the fourth doctor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Doctor), but I didn't like the current one so I don't watch the show.

Time lord isn't meant for a young actor, imo.

L P
01-02-2009, 23:50
I agree, the 4th one was the best. I enjoyed the old show. The new one just lacks the same sole.

I feel the same about Dirk Benedict and Battle Star Galatica. My gawd they messed that show up when they remade it.

Hell, I can say the same for Transformers, The New A-Team movie and the new G.I. Joe movie. It's all crap because they didn't stick to the same story line and spirit of the old show.

I will admit, the new Dr. Who show isn't that bad. I guess I'd relate it to Star Trek: The Next Generation. Not as great as the old Star Trek, worth watching but fizzled at the end. (I haven't even bothered to watch the last two movies.)

L P
01-02-2009, 23:57
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2d/K-9.jpg/250px-K-9.jpg

Remember this thing? :rolleyes:

Satan666
01-03-2009, 01:21
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2d/K-9.jpg/250px-K-9.jpg

Remember this thing? :rolleyes:

Aww... it's K9, they brought back Sarah Jane Smith and K9 in the newer series.

KLL
01-03-2009, 11:17
I agree, the 4th one was the best. I enjoyed the old show. The new one just lacks the same sole.

I feel the same about Dirk Benedict and Battle Star Galatica. My gawd they messed that show up when they remade it.

Hell, I can say the same for Transformers, The New A-Team movie and the new G.I. Joe movie. It's all crap because they didn't stick to the same story line and spirit of the old show.

I will admit, the new Dr. Who show isn't that bad. I guess I'd relate it to Star Trek: The Next Generation. Not as great as the old Star Trek, worth watching but fizzled at the end. (I haven't even bothered to watch the last two movies.)

for star treck as for drwho i think its the other way around.

i jsut can't stand watching science fiction with olf technology, where it looks like any kid with a digicam can do it today
altho some black and white ones are good

Divine Intervention
01-03-2009, 11:31
the new bsg is awesome. go away. although i haven't seen the old one tbf.

L P
01-03-2009, 11:43
Sometimes you have to look past the special effects. The acting was much better in the old shows, it had to be because they couldn't make up for it with computer generated effects.

nosejam
01-03-2009, 13:01
I don't think you can pick too many holes in David Tennant's acting, all the support cast I'm not so sure about; most of the companions have annoyed me quite a bit.

nosejam
01-03-2009, 16:42
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45343000/jpg/_45343466_newdocotr226.jpg

I give you, Matt Smith, to be honest I'm not completely sure who he is but I'm certain they wouldn't have given him the job if they didn't think he was upto the task.

L P
01-03-2009, 18:28
Too Young and Sexy.

KLL
01-03-2009, 19:55
Sometimes you have to look past the special effects. The acting was much better in the old shows, it had to be because they couldn't make up for it with computer generated effects.

don't really care about acting.. as long as they got some basic actign training you can't tel lthe difference

I don't think you can pick too many holes in David Tennant's acting, all the support cast I'm not so sure about; most of the companions have annoyed me quite a bit.

rose tyler was the only one i did not want to slap at least once every episode
altho martha or whatever her name was, was ok too sometimes
oh and captain jack was awesome

can it be the doctor is getting younger and younger? must be a time lord thing

nosejam
01-04-2009, 06:32
captain jack was awesome

can it be the doctor is getting younger and younger? must be a time lord thing

I agree about Captain Jack, did you ever watch Torchwood the spin off show with him as the main character?

Yeah I was thinking about the timelords getting younger, maybe that's supposed to happen.

I wonder if we'll be seeing any of the Doctor's daughter in the recent future, she seems to be a new version of the timelords, when she died she came back to life but didn't regenerate...

KLL
01-04-2009, 11:36
I agree about Captain Jack, did you ever watch Torchwood the spin off show with him as the main character?

Yeah I was thinking about the timelords getting younger, maybe that's supposed to happen.

I wonder if we'll be seeing any of the Doctor's daughter in the recent future, she seems to be a new version of the timelords, when she died she came back to life but didn't regenerate...

i tried to watch it, but the video sites that ha it were a bit crap...
i'll check it out again sometime

and yea, it'd be nice if she'd return... she was hot

nosejam
01-05-2009, 12:21
Matt Smith is the penultimate Doctor right? So it can't be too long until she's back in it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she takes over when the Doctor after Matt dies, giving her the Tardis.