PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

Xavior
06-11-2010, 05:39
So this years World Cup starts in 5 hours. What are you guys doing for it? Any traditions where you live? Its in the morning over here (early game is 7am) so its going to be crawl out of bed every morning and try not to fall asleep for me :p My class ends next week so I'll be able to enjoy them a bit more when summer holidays start. Last world cup I watched in China had games start at 1am and 3am tho, so this should be slightly better.

For those at work or whatever, BBC streams the games online.

Early game tomorrow is South Africa v. Mexico
Late game is Uraguay v. France

This is probably the most competitive group, so should make for some good games :)

(I pick RSA and France to win tmr btw).

I'll put up some games in vBookie when the elimination rounds start.

Crimson Shadow
06-11-2010, 08:55
They are also streamed on ESPN3.
The early game starts at 10:00 for me, so its still too early to do anything, but at least its not 7:00 lol

Dogma
06-11-2010, 09:10
World Cup traditions? Hmm, I say fill it with beer

ooga booga
06-11-2010, 09:27
For the USA vs England game I'm going to the bar with a bunch of buddies to watch it tomorrow. As for the other countries they just get the tv turned on at the house. :P

Btw would be nice to see South Africa beat our rival Mexico, but my guess (which doesn't mean much, lol) is that Mexico beats them by a couple of goals.

nosejam
06-11-2010, 12:16
Not a bad start to the World Cup, bit of nerves in the South African team to begin with which is expected. A couple of goals to be getting on with and didn't see the new ball do anything unexpected...

totte
06-11-2010, 16:59
sucks the france didnt lose but oh well the US will hopefully beat the poms tommorow ;)

ooga booga
06-11-2010, 20:48
sucks the france didnt lose but oh well the US will hopefully beat the poms tommorow ;)

I don't know what they're saying in England, but this USA vs England match is getting more and more heated as it arrives. I guess with the whole BP crisis here and them being a British company, and then UK is blaming Obama Administration that they aren't doing enough is creating for a bigger match than anticipated. :)

The sports writers here think it's great though. They say we have nothing to lose because soccer isn't even close to our #1 sport, where in England it means almost everything to them. So we have the underdog role and the nothing-to-lose role. Honestly I don't think our team is that bad. We did well in the CONCACAF Cup last year (although that's not saying much, the only decent teams in there are Mexico, Canada, and Brazil besides the U.S.) lol We'll see, should be interesting tomorrow.

Crimson Shadow
06-11-2010, 21:33
We did well last year, but recently the USA team hasn't been there, especially defensively.
We lost to Czech 2-4 and barely managed a win against Turkey.

It should be a really good game, but I think it will end up 2-1 England.

Max Logan
06-12-2010, 04:34
Spain all the way!Who cares about the rest :p

totte
06-12-2010, 05:33
Spain all the way!Who cares about the rest :p

England won against japan i think it was recently but only after the japs helped them by to goals into there own net :)

spain will not hold all the way max :P

Xavior
06-12-2010, 06:50
So apparently the 7am game isn't even the early game today =/

4:30 am :p

Crimson Shadow
06-12-2010, 08:54
So apparently the 7am game isn't even the early game today =/

4:30 am :p

Yup, I found that out today too. My early game is at 7:30 instead of 10:30.
Looks like I'll be getting up early for the next 2 weeks.

Soviet Russia
06-12-2010, 11:15
Many people wait for a Spain vs Brasil final :)

I support France, as usual :P

Crimson Shadow
06-12-2010, 21:23
Pretty sloppy play on both sides. Could have easily been 2-1 or 3-1 for both USA or England.
I will happily take the 1-1 draw though.

nosejam
06-13-2010, 04:29
I don't know what they're saying in England, but this USA vs England match is getting more and more heated as it arrives. I guess with the whole BP crisis here and them being a British company, and then UK is blaming Obama Administration that they aren't doing enough is creating for a bigger match than anticipated. :)

The sports writers here think it's great though. They say we have nothing to lose because soccer isn't even close to our #1 sport, where in England it means almost everything to them. So we have the underdog role and the nothing-to-lose role. Honestly I don't think our team is that bad. We did well in the CONCACAF Cup last year (although that's not saying much, the only decent teams in there are Mexico, Canada, and Brazil besides the U.S.) lol We'll see, should be interesting tomorrow.

And Spain... pretty sure USA are the last team to beat Spain and it was in that competition.

I'm not sure the build up was the same here as over there, was more just about the fact it was our first game and we usually bottle it. Personally I wouldn't have been able to stand the gloating on here if you'd beaten us :p. Fair play to your fans, the only fans other than the English so far where I heard any sort of song/chant above those ****ing horns; pity it was "USA USA USA" as I want to join in with it.

totte
06-13-2010, 06:02
And Spain... pretty sure USA are the last team to beat Spain and it was in that competition.

I'm not sure the build up was the same here as over there, was more just about the fact it was our first game and we usually bottle it. Personally I wouldn't have been able to stand the gloating on here if you'd beaten us :p. Fair play to your fans, the only fans other than the English so far where I heard any sort of song/chant above those ****ing horns; pity it was "USA USA USA" as I want to join in with it.

vuvuzelan sounds like bi swarm they are brilliant ;)

Crimson Shadow
06-13-2010, 09:18
They are brilliant, for about the first 10 minutes.
I just hate that noone stops blowing them for the entire 90 minutes in every single match.

Max Logan
06-13-2010, 09:33
They are brilliant, for about the first 10 minutes.
I just hate that noone stops blowing them for the entire 90 minutes in every single match.

it`s freaking perfect!!! :p

ooga booga
06-13-2010, 11:49

Yeah I expected a bunch of Sam's Army supporters there singing their usual chants during our matches. I also agree the horns are annoying, lol. And I'm happy with a draw, I still believe England is a better team on paper so I'll take it. Also I thought the CONCACAF Cup was just North America and South American teams... maybe I'm thinking of something else. :huh:

nosejam
06-13-2010, 16:27
Finally the World Cup has been kick started. Please will everyone ignore my post saying Germany may struggle to score goals...

I think that red card was a joke though and completely stopped the game as a contest.

Crimson Shadow
06-13-2010, 17:53
Sounds like FIFA may consider banning the vuvuzelas at the matches because it is impossible for the players to hear each other.

boostah
06-14-2010, 10:30
Sounds like FIFA may consider banning the vuvuzelas at the matches because it is impossible for the players to hear each other.

I hope so. The only thing i'll remember after this is that south afrika is full of bee hives :p

nosejam
06-14-2010, 11:14
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8737455.stm

Don't get your hopes up :(. The only useful purpose they serve is to make empty stadiums appear full.

totte
06-14-2010, 16:39
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8737455.stm

Don't get your hopes up :(. The only useful purpose they serve is to make empty stadiums appear full.

meh it´s the fans from the countrys playing buying them :)
imagine the atmosphere there ;)

nosejam
06-15-2010, 04:42
meh it´s the fans from the countrys playing buying them :)
imagine the atmosphere there ;)

I hope English fans aren't buying them. I've only ever seen one in a game in England, annoyed the people round him so much they snapped it in half when he wasn't looking :laugh:

Crimson Shadow
06-15-2010, 09:06
I hope English fans aren't buying them. I've only ever seen one in a game in England, annoyed the people round him so much they snapped it in half when he wasn't looking :laugh:

A couple reporters mentioned that many different travelers were buying them.
Wouldn't surprise me if you ended up seeing them make appearances in leagues across the world.

nosejam
06-15-2010, 16:40
http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae117/efcmick/zit.jpg

ooga booga
06-15-2010, 17:46
lol oh you got to love New York. :D

It's exciting to get a draw but lets not get carried away and lets not call it a win. 3 points is not the same as 1. :glare: A lot more work to do if we want to gain some respect.

Edit: Oh btw, WTF ITALIA. Draw Paraguay? Really? :huh: :wall:

Crimson Shadow
06-15-2010, 18:59
Edit: Oh btw, WTF ITALIA. Draw Paraguay? Really? :huh: :wall:

I'm a little more surprised with how North Korea almost drew with Brazil.
Had it not been for that incredible goal in the 55th, it would have ended up 1-1.

Soviet Russia
06-16-2010, 04:16
Horns are terrible and it was obivious from the last year's Confederation Cup that those South African things would ruin the whole World Cup. Even the players don't hear the whistle.

BTW, fortunately, fan leaders of the big teams in my country said that they won't be using those horns in any league match.

Also, can't believe Green.. his mistake gave 1 point to USA; whatever, America played well and I dont support England anyway.

Another thing is, considerably 'new' teams such as USA, Australia etc have 'weird' shirts. Too much colorful and geometrical shapes.. uh uh European teams mostly have 2 color (eg white shirt, black shorts = Germany! Blue shirt, white shorts = France!) blablabla so USA's kit looks weird (just a little bit) :)

Xavior
06-17-2010, 04:01
First big upset, Spain lost 1-0 to Switzerland...

:o

Max Logan
06-17-2010, 04:15
i don`t know what the hell Spanish were thinking of...what good is ball control when you can`t even put shoot the ball at net. at least try to do something. such wasted ball control. and wth did they let Torress out? The guy ****ed up 3 runaways...props to that! :thumbup:

A big cheers to Swiss though, scored on 2nd opportunity! :laugh:

Salabanzi
06-17-2010, 04:46
Swiss defense was amazingly good (H) But Spain did have his chances, but they have always been unlucky on big tournaments :(

boostah
06-17-2010, 13:06
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/3806/Sport/video/detail/1120349/Ook-Hitler-is-ziedend-op-vuvuzela-s.dhtml?sms_ss=facebook

funny move, love the **** where they change the undertitles of hitler :p (just like the one for minus label, or chrysler)

ooga booga
06-18-2010, 09:54
Serbia defeats Germany 1 - nil. :P

Lets go USA!!

I'm so pissed I just got hired yesterday and they scheduled my drug test here at 11am this morning and the USA game starts at 10, meaning I'm going to miss the end of it. Grrrr. :RM:

Crimson Shadow
06-18-2010, 11:58
Easily the worst refereed soccer game I have ever seen.

The yellow on Findley for a handball that was unintentional.
Altador tackled in the box, ended up being called a foul against him.
I'm still not sure what the offside/foul was that caused our 3rd goal to be disallowed. If anything, it should have been a PK for Bradley.

Either way, getting 1 point after being down 2-0 is still an accomplishment.

ooga booga
06-18-2010, 12:07
Easily the worst refereed soccer game I have ever seen.

The yellow on Findley for a handball that was unintentional.
Altador tackled in the box, ended up being called a foul against him.
I'm still not sure what the offside/foul was that caused our 3rd goal to be disallowed. If anything, it should have been a PK for Bradley.

Either way, getting 1 point after being down 2-0 is still an accomplishment.

Yeah Bradley was held, nobody was offsides, no USA players were fouling anyone. I have NO clue how that wasn't a goal. Total Bull. :(

Glad we fought back and got the draw though. Couldn't afford a loss.

Soviet Russia
06-19-2010, 05:29
haha blaming the referee? Welcome to the football USA :D

in football, always blame the referee first :)

nosejam
06-19-2010, 07:06

They do have a point though; reminds me of Everton v Villareal, when Collina dissallowed a perfectly good goal.

Not blaming the ref for England's performance, was just plain awful from the players not helped by some strange choices by Capello.

Crimson Shadow
06-19-2010, 08:25

Did you watch any of the game, particularly the 2nd half? I'm usually not the one to place blame on the referee for a poor performance,
but in this case we were robbed throughout the entire half.

Xavior
06-19-2010, 11:09
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs488.ash1/26698_415969583472_707943472_4554064_6885690_n.jpg

nosejam
06-19-2010, 16:26
Cameroon are the first team to be mathematically unable to qualify for the next round, well played denmark though

tytie
06-22-2010, 04:59
I don't really follow soccer, go Australia anyway, though Serbia beating Germany apparently made it hard for them to reach the playoffs, finals or whatever ther're called.

Will
06-22-2010, 14:46
Cameroon are the first team to be mathematically unable to qualify for the next round, well played denmark though

South Africa and France can be added to that list today.

Crimson Shadow
06-22-2010, 15:27
South Africa and France can be added to that list today.

Don't forget N. Korea, who will probably nuke Portugal after being demolished in their 2nd game.

Will
06-22-2010, 16:56
Don't forget N. Korea, who will probably nuke Portugal after being demolished in their 2nd game.

Ahh but the portuguese team will still survive:P I was hoping North Korea would go through though, would be hilarious if they won.

Crimson Shadow
06-22-2010, 18:27
Ahh but the portuguese team will still survive:P I was hoping North Korea would go through though, would be hilarious if they won.

I thought North Korea might have had something for the rest of the group,
after holding their own against Brazil until they fell apart in the 2nd half.

Will
06-22-2010, 20:25
I thought North Korea might have had something for the rest of the group,
after holding their own against Brazil until they fell apart in the 2nd half.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed them losing so badly to Portugal.

Soviet Russia
06-23-2010, 09:58
Did you watch any of the game, particularly the 2nd half? I'm usually not the one to place blame on the referee for a poor performance,
but in this case we were robbed throughout the entire half.

yea :0

England vs Slovenia now /hmm

ooga booga
06-23-2010, 14:08
Woohoo thank you Donovan!!!! :drink:

We were dominating that entire game and couldn't get the goal until the very end. I was going to be disappointed if we were sent home after playing a good game.

Crimson Shadow
06-23-2010, 15:48
Have to say, this is the first time I have watched something else over the world cup.

Isner/Mahut tennis match: 4-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-7, 59-59. Absolutely ridiculous.
10 hour match, the 5th set alone would set the record for longest tennis match in history.
Called for darkness, to resume tomorrow.

nosejam
06-23-2010, 16:29
England to play Germany in the next round, can't see us winning that, and to top it off i'm going on holiday to Berlin in August :p

ooga booga
06-23-2010, 23:38
I'm still mad though about the refs almost cheating us out of the World Cup. Not only did they screw up our should be win over Slovenia, they called us offsides on our goal in the 20th min vs Algeria when it wasn't offsides. I just watched the replay of that disallowed goal and I still can't believe it. Twice the refs tried to cheat us out of this tournament.

And after watching a lot more games, I know why the majority of Americans care less about this sport. I can't stand the whole faking injury thing. They do it all the time, screaming in pain only to immediately get up and start sprinting down the field. There isn't another sport where this happens on a constant basis. Stop being little girls, stop faking injuries and just play the freaking game! Wth. I've seen this with every single team I've watched. Just a big turn-off for me and probably a lot of other people.

With that said, go USA!! Ghana should be a tough task. I know they did well in 06 and have been doing well so far here, so it should be interesting.

Tnova
06-24-2010, 00:03
Not everyone is perfect like you Ooga ;)

People make mistakes. The problem is technology exist to where this kind of stuff doesn't have to happen. Most other popular sports use technology to correct injustices. Time for soccer to move into the 21st century.

FIFA has some really crappy rules that don't really hold referees accountable and aren't open about their processes. They seem to believe that by ignoring it, and not commenting on it, that will make it go away. But I guarantee you that ever soccer fan never forgets all the outrages that these people call officiating and the sweep under the rug mentality of the FIFA.

If a ref screws up, steps up and says I blew the call. I'd be pissed...but i'd be okay about it because i know we all make mistakes.

ooga booga
06-24-2010, 00:20
Not everyone is perfect like you Ooga ;)

People make mistakes. The problem is technology exist to where this kind of stuff doesn't have to happen. Most other popular sports use technology to correct injustices. Time for soccer to move into the 21st century.

FIFA has some really crappy rules that don't really hold referees accountable and aren't open about their processes. They seem to believe that by ignoring it, and not commenting on it, that will make it go away. But I guarantee you that ever soccer fan never forgets all the outrages that these people call officiating and the sweep under the rug mentality of the FIFA.

If a ref screws up, steps up and says I blew the call. I'd be pissed...but i'd be okay about it because i know we all make mistakes.

I can understand some mistakes but 2 big ones on us in a row? :P I know I know. As for your last sentence I agree. Jim Joyce blew a historic Perfect Game in baseball with a bad call, admitted it in tears after the game and everyone understood that he was human and all was forgiven. What I don't like is that they don't even have to explain who the foul was on. They just call a foul and they don't have an explanation what-so-ever. Can you imagine that flying in the NFL? A team throws a game winning Touchdown in the Superbowl, the referee throws the yellow flag, comes on the mic and says "no explanation, play on!" What a joke.

P.S. The players do need to start playing like athletes and not like actors though. Come on I'm right about that too. ;) :P

Tnova
06-24-2010, 00:40
As long as getting fouls will give you set pieces and give people cards, that change their playing style or even sending someone off for a man advantage, this will continue. No other sport does this, but if it did, you would see it there too.

More cards need to be given for what is blatant diving. One min a guy is standing strong and jumping inbetween a player and the ball and standing up right with no problem, and other times it seems like their ankles are made of legos.

The refs need to move on the field more so they can see these things better. I think refs should learn which teams are notorious for this and let the game play on more in those games.

But Ooga, sometimes that stuff hurts :) Let me step on your leg, or foot, running wide open and putting my full weight into it. I bet you'd cry like a girl then:)

BeeNo
06-24-2010, 05:39
a simple solution would be a diving penalty. if you go down in a heap rolling around on the ground to draw a yellow card. and then stand up just fine and play the rest of the game fine. give the diver a red card.

i completely agree with ooga. change this and alot more people would enjoy watching the sport (at least more Americans would). i spend the entire game yelling at the TV thats a dive! get up you fool!

and by the way that was one of my famous fan moments in a hockey game. was final five semi-final match for WCHA hockey tournament. gophers vs sioux and a gopher player got sort of hooked and went down at center ice. i know the ref was calling penalty on sioux player. but i'm sitting in the stands just right over the glass height. and i cupped my hands and screamed, "Thats a DIVE ref! Come ON!" and he gave our guy a penalty for hooking, AND their player a diving penalty. i'll take credit for that!

Crimson Shadow
06-24-2010, 09:16
I'm still mad though about the refs almost cheating us out of the World Cup. Not only did they screw up our should be win over Slovenia, they called us offsides on our goal in the 20th min vs Algeria when it wasn't offsides. I just watched the replay of that disallowed goal and I still can't believe it. Twice the refs tried to cheat us out of this tournament.

I can't really argue the offsides call. When I was watching it live, I thought he was offsides before it was called. Afterwards when they showed the replay, I knew I was wrong. But I can't blame the ref for calling something that I thought was a good call at the time.

As far as the acting injuries, Tnova said it best. As long as it gives the players an opportunity to give their opponents a yellow/red, you will continue to see them stay on the ground until they get sympathy. However, I have seen 2 yellows given this world cup for players intentionally faking it.

ooga booga
06-24-2010, 09:51
lol nice one BeeNo (btw the whole time I was reading your post I thought you were Disorder because you're green!)

I know it hurts for some players when they actually get stepped on or roll their ankle or land funny. It's a sport and I understand injuries do occur in sports, but lets not play the blind game here we can tell when there are actual injuries or when someone is faking it and there appears to be a lot of faking in Soccer/Football. Tnova I disagree that because there are set pieces or a chance of playing 10 vs 11 is an excuse for these players. In Hockey rarely do I see players diving all over the ice trying to get tripping calls. Sure it'll happen now and then but not 20 times a game!! And a man advantage is a big deal for hockey, yet it's a physical sport and they play with toughness. American football a penalty is huge but it's harder to try and fake an injury for a penalty there. Still I would enjoy the sport more if the players tried to be a little more tough and realistic about it. If you are injured and really hurting fine. But not 20 injuries a game where there's not much physical contact. I don't see that happening in Hockey or American football and there is a lot more physical contact in those sports (my 2 favorite) than in soccer/world footy. I think it's a reason why it turns a lot of Americans off, because we compare it to the other sports we watch and we think it's a joke. :)

That and we don't have the fan atmosphere yet like they do in Europe. We have that for American football but our soccer leagues are still small in that retrospect.

Crimson Shadow
06-24-2010, 10:04
That and we don't have the fan atmosphere yet like they do in Europe. We have that for American football but our soccer leagues are still small in that retrospect.

Have you seen our MLS clubs play? It is like watching an elementary school league play compared to Europa. It is just teams having poor ball handling skills trying to pass the ball around, but in the end they just give it away. Coupled with poor shooting abilities makes it boring games to watch. (Kinda sounds like the WNBA right?) If MLS is going to take off in the US then we need an increase in talent level so that way fans will want to stay involved. Tough to watch good games, when the only channels that show European leagues are FSC and GOL-TV, which most Americans don't have.

-Z-
06-24-2010, 12:10
Go Germany and Netherlands!!!

I find the dives comical, but slightly annoying...

Its almost as if, in order to make the playing field fair, a good team that doesn't take dives, NEEDS to take dives just to keep things fair, because the opposing team is diving left and right.

Its not even just dives... like you can be injured SLIGHTLY in soccer, and its seen as OK to roll around on the field like U got shot in the arm, crying for like 30 seconds.

In any other sport the player grits his teeth ans shrugs it off, gets up, maybe lets out some profanity and gets back to play.

Z

Tnova
06-24-2010, 17:44
Tnova I disagree that because there are set pieces or a chance of playing 10 vs 11 is an excuse for these players. In Hockey rarely do I see players diving all over the ice trying to get tripping calls. Sure it'll happen now and then but not 20 times a game!! And a man advantage is a big deal for hockey, yet it's a physical sport and they play with toughness. American football a penalty is huge but it's harder to try and fake an injury for a penalty there. Still I would enjoy the sport more if the players tried to be a little more tough and realistic about it. If you are injured and really hurting fine. But not 20 injuries a game where there's not much physical contact. I don't see that happening in Hockey or American football and there is a lot more physical contact in those sports (my 2 favorite) than in soccer/world footy. I think it's a reason why it turns a lot of Americans off, because we compare it to the other sports we watch and we think it's a joke. :)

It isn't an excuse. It is a motive. You can't compare too hockey for two reasons, #1 hockey players get put in time out for 2 minutes, soccer players leave the game and can't come back the next game either, #2 I've seen these yahoos lay down in front of people about to rip a slap shot. What a bunch of Sadists, pain obviously gives them pleasure.

nosejam
06-25-2010, 04:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w

Welcome to football, if it isn't already the most popular sport in USA (and I have a sneaky suspicion it is, even though your media won't accept it) it soon will be. Nothing like the feeling of a last minute winning goal. Hope Everton sign Donovan again, would be a great time to build our exposure over there.

nosejam
06-25-2010, 11:58
That's 96 minutes of my life I'll never get back, truly awful. Hoping for the Spanish game tonigth to be a cracker now, Spain need the win and Chile only know how to attack so it's got all the ingredients for a good game.

Soviet Russia
06-25-2010, 13:00
Germany, England, Portugal, Holland... UEFA teams.. good:thumbup:

Soviet Russia
06-26-2010, 16:33
wow...Gyan scored a great goal :S Suarez first and now Gyan, great day.

BTW; it is very unfortunate for USA that the game goes to extra time, since Ghana is the youngest team of the tournament (Avarage age: Ghana 24, USA 28).. they dont get tired easily.

Crimson Shadow
06-26-2010, 17:14
Well I had the score right, just had Ghana winning in 90' instead of extra time.

USA had a good run, it will be interesting to see if the sudden popularity of the sport in America remains as high as it has been recently.

Max Logan
06-26-2010, 18:17
Germany, England, Portugal, Holland... UEFA teams.. good:thumbup:

only 3 can get to next round at max. south america is doing great this year though

ooga booga
06-26-2010, 21:22
Well I had the score right, just had Ghana winning in 90' instead of extra time.

USA had a good run, it will be interesting to see if the sudden popularity of the sport in America remains as high as it has been recently.

It won't. I liked nosejam's video the other day but I'm not at all sold. Hockey's popularity spiked a few months ago during the Winter Olympics when USA was doing well. I saw bimbo people talk and act like they were huge hockey fans during that time frame when they probably didn't even know what an icing call is. The World Cup will end, ESPN will go back to their routine, and the interest will go back down to the normal level (like it has with Hockey already) in a month until the next world cup. Our friendly with Brazil after the WC may keep the buzz for an extra few weeks but I don't see it going past that. Americans like to be proud, and don't want to be embarrassed (than again who does? lol) If the talent level remains the same and doesn't improve in the MLS and USL divisions than it will continue to be out of the top 5 sports in the U.S. in my opinion.

Soviet Russia
06-27-2010, 10:31
They should unite USL amd MLS... soccer is not nba:thumbdown:

Soviet Russia
06-27-2010, 12:05
wow great referee :D

Germany 4 - 1 England

Thats also Germany's score record against Eng

nosejam
06-27-2010, 12:09
I put a bet on Germany to win, slightly bittersweet feeling about being right.

Terrible terrible defending by England, and terrible decision by the linesman/ref.

Will
06-27-2010, 12:21
I put a bet on Germany to win, slightly bittersweet feeling about being right.

Terrible terrible defending by England, and terrible decision by the linesman/ref.

Question now is "Will there be riots" ? :P

Soviet Russia
06-27-2010, 13:29
hoping to see Holland v. Brasil and Germany v. Spain for the semi finals

ooga booga
06-27-2010, 13:56
I don't know what the controversy is all about, clearly it wasn't across the line yet! :P

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs517.ash1/30452_403984631646_92191096646_4830389_8375672_n.j pg

An even better look:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs161.snc4/37388_10150198952855430_684205429_13473197_2829558 _n.jpg

lol at 2-2 it would have made a difference, England wouldn't have had to press as hard and possibly they would have played better defense. (heck, couldn't have played much worse!)

Soviet Russia
06-28-2010, 07:45
GREAT GAME TOMORROW:

Spain v. Portugal

cant wait::oops:

Shabaz K
06-28-2010, 08:34
ahhh Germany vs Argentina, yes, cant for it.

football doesn't amuse me as cricket but there are some teams i like to see head to head.:D

nosejam
06-28-2010, 09:46
GREAT GAME TOMORROW:

Spain v. Portugal

cant wait::oops:

Unless Portugal play like they did against Brazil in which case it will contend for most boring game of the tourney.

Brazil v Chile tonight should be a good watch.

football doesn't amuse me as cricket but there are some teams i like to see head to head.:D

Been watching the ODI series between England and the Aussies? That Morgan is a beauty to watch.