PDA

View Full Version : Reminder Emails

Mr President
01-05-2009, 16:36
Yes it is true.... Now i have another way to bug the heck out of you all.. :)

What seems to happen from time to time is members create a state and then forget to come back. Whether it's cause they made it at the start of the set and forgot when the start date was, or they made it and used some turns and forgot to come back or they forgot login info or maybe they just decided not to play anymore.. Who knows!

Nation-Wars now has a reminder email. how this works is, members who have not logged on for 14 days or more are compiled and an email is sent out containing some information to remind them about us..

Since the start of the set 16 members haven't logged in. (yes it's only day 5 but i ran a test last night) So i sent out the reminder email and today i checked and out of the 16 members, 4 came back and logged back in today. I'll keep checking cause more will hopefully log in later tonight.

Anyway here is what the email looks like.

Title the email says: We Miss You!

Inside message says:

Hello Mr President,

Our records indicate that you have not logged into Nation-Wars in a few weeks. We hope you decide to come back to join us.

Current State information:

Leader Name: Mr President
State Name: The White House
Current Rank: 42

If you are having problems logging into the game or you have forgotten your login information, simply reply to this email and we will send it out to you.

Hope to see you back with us soon!

Best Regards,
Nation-Wars Admin
http://www.nation-wars.com

Nothing fancy but i'm hoping it helps retain some members who may drift away..

:D

MAGGIO
01-05-2009, 16:56
that is an amazing idea ;)

Mr President
01-05-2009, 16:57
yea i know... they just come to me.. I guess i'm gifted like that.

:P

MAGGIO
01-05-2009, 17:02
lol

The one I got from that other game said something like.

Hey you signed up, and played, but "your account" has been inactive for X days. Would it be better to focus on account inactivity for X days rather than in game "states". that way a more meaningful email is sent out. I mean who would want to pick up an inactive state mid set...?

Crimson Shadow
01-05-2009, 19:15
Sounds like a good idea which will hopefully retain some of our newer members. :)

If you are having problems logging into the game or you have forgotten your login information, simply reply to this email and we will send it out to you.

This might need to be changed. The it doesn't really say what will be sent out to you. Sorry for being overcritical...AP English does that to you :(

northbabylon
01-05-2009, 19:54
ahh shuddup...

Mahdi
01-05-2009, 20:24
i vote we burn toy story andy at the stake

pcgluva
01-05-2009, 20:34
crimson i was thinking the same thing

Mr President
01-05-2009, 20:42
uh.. nag nag nag...

Here:

If you are having problems logging into the game or you have forgotten your login information, simply reply to this email and we will email your login information to you.

Better?

:P

Crimson Shadow
01-05-2009, 22:40
Try seperating it. Seems like you are implying that the login information is the only login problem that they could be having. If that is the case then remove the problems logging into the game.

Something like this: If you are having problems logging into the game or have forgotten your login information, please reply to this email.

Disorder
01-05-2009, 22:44
Very nice idea.. I believe it will work out very well!

dango
01-06-2009, 00:57

i second that

Mahdi
01-06-2009, 02:44
let the andy hunt begin! wheres andy! we have candy and not the food... im talking the brunette you were eyein up the other night...

Missionary
01-06-2009, 12:00
Try seperating it. Seems like you are implying that the login information is the only login problem that they could be having. If that is the case then remove the problems logging into the game.

Something like this: If you are having problems logging into the game or have forgotten your login information, please reply to this email.

ban him?? lol

Calvin74
01-06-2009, 18:20
Sounds like a good idea which will hopefully retain some of our newer members. :)

This might need to be changed. The it doesn't really say what will be sent out to you. Sorry for being overcritical...AP English does that to you :(

I was under the impression that you were allowed to use pronouns after then noun had already been defined in the same sentence. also to me the it was clearly understandable and you are just a horrible person:P

nosejam
01-06-2009, 18:36
I was under the impression that you were allowed to use pronouns after then noun had already been defined in the same sentence. also to me the it was clearly understandable and you are just a horrible person:P

I think the problem he had with it was that there were at least two things defined in that sentence, the problem of logging in and the forgetting of login information.

Might be one of many problems he has tbf...

Mahdi
01-06-2009, 19:41
I must concur with Vin as it would solve a few problems

Crimson Shadow
01-06-2009, 21:19
I think the problem he had with it was that there were at least two things defined in that sentence, the problem of logging in and the forgetting of login information.

You hit the nail on the head.......and don't blame me, blame the schools trying to force us to learn this crap.

I'm just trying to make the game seem as professional as possible :(

Famous_stars
01-07-2009, 05:21
hey mr. president,
can we also have this system whereby when you are attacked, you get an email alert kinda thing?
also for stuff sold on the PM.
and war and such..
in short, impt events people require an update?

Crimson Shadow
01-07-2009, 07:31
That might get annoying. Depending on how much stuff you sell on the market, you could end up with ~5 emails. Plus about ~5 SAs a day. I don't know about you, but I really don't want my email to be flooded with things that aren't that important.

War declarations would be the only ones that I might agree with, since those are kinda important. But if we added that, then it eliminates the element of surprise since everyone is alerted when war is declared.

nosejam
01-07-2009, 09:27
Maybe some little tick boxes so you can choose what e-mails you receive?

Bram Gotink
01-07-2009, 10:58

Yay ! Let's hunt some witches !
and Andy, of course, as well :P

@ Crimson: in Dutch, we call that "kommaneuker", but I'm not going to translate that. And I'm hoping Dennis/Vortex doens't translate it for you... You are a mod ...
<cough> They call themselves that way in Belgium, so I don't see the problem. </cough>

@ Mr P: nice going :D I used to play a game called Hyperiums, and they sent me like three of those ... Was so annoying I went back to the game, changed my email to George_W_Bush_Jr@hotmail.com and then left the game ...

Mahdi
01-07-2009, 13:50
uhm element of surprise? most people get calls when war is declared on them in the first place... so it wouldnt really kill the element of surprise

Mr President
01-07-2009, 15:18
Yay ! Let's hunt some witches !
and Andy, of course, as well :P

@ Crimson: in Dutch, we call that "kommaneuker", but I'm not going to translate that. And I'm hoping Dennis/Vortex doens't translate it for you... You are a mod ...
<cough> They call themselves that way in Belgium, so I don't see the problem. </cough>

@ Mr P: nice going :D I used to play a game called Hyperiums, and they sent me like three of those ... Was so annoying I went back to the game, changed my email to George_W_Bush_Jr@hotmail.com and then left the game ...

Well i have made it so members will only receive the message one time.

Crimson Shadow
01-07-2009, 19:42
@ Crimson: in Dutch, we call that "kommaneuker", but I'm not going to translate that. And I'm hoping Dennis/Vortex doens't translate it for you...

If your not going to translate...then why bring it up? :P

uhm element of surprise? most people get calls when war is declared on them in the first place... so it wouldnt really kill the element of surprise

True.....