PDA

View Full Version : Arms Discussion

Mahdi
01-06-2009, 11:54
"Reach out and touch someone you love" - .50 Barret
"Your arms may be long but mine are longer" - .338 Lapua
"We are more Efficient" - Fatman & Littleboy
"How many people have you killed lately" - AK47

With that being said, I was in a debat about which weapons platform has caused the most casualties for its production price the AK47 or Fatman and Littleboy

Fangz
01-06-2009, 12:01
AK47 for sure. i wouldn't be surprised if the AK47 has killed more people by malfunction/friendly fire than the fat man and little boy.

KLL
01-06-2009, 12:42
i have 2 arms.

and don't forget the countless rusians and chiense the ak 47 has kileld
and africans

Mahdi
01-06-2009, 12:55
ahh but see the ammount of ak47s that have been produced might mean that fatman and littleboy were/are more cost efficient

KLL
01-06-2009, 13:05
ahh but see the ammount of ak47s that have been produced might mean that fatman and littleboy were/are more cost efficient

like all the german weapons in ww1 and 2

they probably killed more peopel than the ak-47 and were produced in smaller quantities
in fact any self made weapon used for an amok run is more cost effective

MAGGIO
01-06-2009, 13:21
not to be difficult but fatman/littleboy are only two of the first nukes. There has to be hundreds if not thousands of nuke warheads in storage or active standbye. Its unfair to base the discussion on the costs of two bombs when billions have been spent on unused munitions.

Also what is the cost per AK, and what was the cost of R/D of nukes and the production of all of the nukes on hand. No one really knows, so any answer here would be speculation.

Since the two nukes really didnt kill that many in comparrison, I would have to "speculate" that the AK is a more cost effective killing machine.

Now if say the US launched all warheads and tried to kill as many people as possible, then the nuke would be more cost effective, but since that has not happened who could say.

The US could wipe China per say off the map which has billions in population, so if they did that, then the nukes would be more cost effective.

To one up this conversation and you comparred an air attack vs a ground attack in say Iraq it would be amazingly cheaper to just nuke that country rather than wage a long term war there like we are today. At a billion a month for years it would have just been cheaper death per weapon/operation to just nuke them all.

I am not for that, but I was just pointing it out.

Mahdi
01-06-2009, 18:35
im not looking for R/D as that would be harder to figure... whereas production cost is more just how much it cost to just produce said arms.

As for Fatman and littleboy the reason i used those is that they have been the only 2 that have had use in war

Xavior
01-08-2009, 01:43
For the average consumer, the AK-47 is much more cost effective.