PDA

View Full Version : Farmer will never be a vialble strat to compete for top spot

Dogma
01-07-2009, 20:07
As long as certain people or groups keep thinking that by losing $30M for evey 1M food sold, they can possibly make a top state.

It is beyond me that this late in the set and ppl are still undercutting food when every strat has to have it to play a single turn. No one can live without food. Selling food low is greed, pure and simple.

nNiIcCkKoO
01-07-2009, 20:45
As long as certain people or groups keep thinking that by losing $30M for evey 1M food sold, they can possibly make a top state.

It is beyond me that this late in the set and ppl are still undercutting food when every strat has to have it to play a single turn. No one can live without food. Selling food low is greed, pure and simple.

Wow, somebody finally agrees with me!

I tried telling GRIM this, but they are so far up their own asses that they wouldn't listen. So I deleted and left, plain and simple!

You are exactly right, and I agree completely Dogma!

Kamran
01-07-2009, 20:53
yeah we had lots of those problems when TNG was farmer nation.

Fangz
01-07-2009, 20:57
dogma, stock ur food at 100, wait til a couple weeks in and kill the undercutters. then u have ur huge stock at 100 available and noone to undercut.

MAGGIO
01-07-2009, 21:11
dogma, stock ur food at 100, wait til a couple weeks in and kill the undercutters. then u have ur huge stock at 100 available and noone to undercut.

after days on the market prices automatically go down.

the only solution is to have a farm war

Fangz
01-07-2009, 21:13
after the price drops to 92 u can take it back and resell at 100

::LD::GrimReapr
01-07-2009, 21:17

I tried telling GRIM this, but they are so far up their own asses that they wouldn't listen. So I deleted and left, plain and simple!

There was 1 person that undercut the market before I sent that message out Nicko and Dogma and I knew who it was and were working on getting food prices higher you can ask him yourself to prove what I am saying. Why you get so **** rammy right away is beyond me I understand the food thing and again I said we were working on it I dont know if you know this or not but for the most part anyone that was farming in GRIM is doing it for the first time not all but some.
So where you get the GRIM wouldnt listen thing is beyond me you deleted 2 hours after you sent the first message to nation about undercutting after I was allready taking care of it again ask Dogma.

19,990 posts to go :walmp:

Divine Intervention
01-07-2009, 21:22

well done. finally someone who understands. how long till people understand:
if youre a stocking farmer: ITS GOOD IF THERE ARE OTHER FARMERS WHO UNDERCUT YOU FOR THE START OF SET + MORE.

why?

they sell their stock at 70$ @ 20+ tax. you keep yours on PM till the market equilibrium price reaches 92 + (at which point you cant take it off anymore and resell). more than likely at this point you'll have a lowered tax (10-15%) and will probably having 0% soon too. Furthermore, if you DID sell your food at 100$ then not only would your bank fill up fast and youd have to start netting and buying military (and hence higher expenses + upkeep + military losses) but you will also be paying tax on your stock.

by having undercutters you are able to have an empty bank (more or less) and keep your stock on PM meaning that your bank will only start filling up towards the end of the set when prices are above 92. basically you dont have to use your stock until you actually want to.

conclusion: if you are a farmer stocker who stocks all set until the last couple of days then undercutters are GOOD.

if you are a farming netter (:o:confused:) then yes undercutters are bad.
why someone would want to be a netting farmer i dont understand.

i dont get what you mean by not being able to compete for top10 spots...unless there is massive warring and there are no massive states at end of set who eat loads of food then yes its hard to get top spot with farmer...or if theres a too high % of them (above 20% imo?) ...but that goes for every strat. if your a casher and theres like 60% cashers that set you will do bad...etc etc.

conclusion: sell your food at 100. when it drops to 92 take it off and resell it. if u have unused money in the bank and see food on PM at 70 buy it and resell it at 100 too. keep selling and taking your food off when it drops to 92$ and reselling again. ITS SIMPLE. the longer people undercut the market whilst you do this, the longer you dont have to pay tax on your stock.

MAGGIO
01-07-2009, 21:30
or you could control your members and tell them to sell their food, when and at what price. If they dont listen then kick and kill them.

Divine Intervention
01-07-2009, 21:33
or you could control your members and tell them to sell their food, when and at what price. If they dont listen then kick and kill them.

what bit of:

"selling your food @ 100$ from day 1" is bad? if you like to pay high tax on your stock go ahead. its little things like this that determine where you finish at the end of set. personally id rather sell my food at 0-15% tax at end of set. theres no rush to sell early. how hard is it to understand?

kanman
01-07-2009, 22:02
Undercutters aren't always good for stockers. The one time I decided to stock food a few rounds back, the food was undercut until the very end. :(

Fangz
01-07-2009, 22:03
that's why u kill the undercutters.

Divine Intervention
01-07-2009, 22:09
Undercutters aren't always good for stockers. The one time I decided to stock food a few rounds back, the food was undercut until the very end. :(

i dont get what you mean by not being able to compete for top10 spots...unless there is massive warring and there are no massive states at end of set who eat loads of food then yes its hard to get top spot with farmer...or if theres a too high % of them (above 20% imo?) ...but that goes for every strat. if your a casher and theres like 60% cashers that set you will do bad...etc etc.

probably too high % of farmers. you win some you lose some.

Xavior
01-07-2009, 22:18

Are you stupid? GRIM isn't the only ****ed nation farming. Even if we all put food on at 100 it won't go up until a certain other nation follows suit (not SLOB), which is why we tried to move it up gradually. Obviously you haven't farmed before, the markets usually suck even more than this set.

nNiIcCkKoO
01-07-2009, 23:41
what bit of:

"selling your food @ 100$ from day 1" is bad? if you like to pay high tax on your stock go ahead. its little things like this that determine where you finish at the end of set. personally id rather sell my food at 0-15% tax at end of set. theres no rush to sell early. how hard is it to understand?

Why choose $70 then.

Don't you realise. Everybody pays the same tax rate, whether thats for $70 or $100. So why sell at $70. YOU JUST LOSE MONEY!

If your stocking you wouldn't put your huge amounts of food on the market at the start. So don't bring the tax crap into it, it's obvious that you are wrong! The people selling now only want to have enough cash to upgrade and use some turns, THEY ARE NOT SELLING FULL STOCK, SO IT DOES NOT MATTER. So why doesn't everybody sell at $100. It doesn't help stockers. It helps people who want to make **** all money and don't plan on finishing in the top 10, it doesn't help anybody else.

It's common logic. I study economics. I do know what I am talking about!

Don't sell at the minimum!

nNiIcCkKoO
01-07-2009, 23:42
Are you stupid? GRIM isn't the only ****ed nation farming. Even if we all put food on at 100 it won't go up until a certain other nation follows suit (not SLOB), which is why we tried to move it up gradually. Obviously you haven't farmed before, the markets usually suck even more than this set.

Obviously not. And obviously farming is **** when crap players can't work out how to farm!

I hate to tell you, but a certain member of GRIM has been undercutting. And even then GRIM has not been selling at $100. So learn to play, thank you!

Xavior
01-07-2009, 23:56
Obviously not. And obviously farming is **** when crap players can't work out how to farm!

I hate to tell you, but a certain member of GRIM has been undercutting. And even then GRIM has not been selling at $100. So learn to play, thank you!

Please kindly tell me which GRIM nation is undercutting? Most of us are selling at 100, or high 80's. I've only sold twice this set, and i'm actually out of cash.

Max Logan
01-08-2009, 08:11

I have no idea why LD accepted you! After the last stunts you pulled, you should be out of GRIM for good.

You`re no nationmate, you`re just a selfish ****! Go make your 1 man tag and **** of, loser

Max Logan
01-08-2009, 08:15
Why choose $70 then.

Don't you realise. Everybody pays the same tax rate, whether thats for $70 or $100. So why sell at $70. YOU JUST LOSE MONEY!

If your stocking you wouldn't put your huge amounts of food on the market at the start. So don't bring the tax crap into it, it's obvious that you are wrong! The people selling now only want to have enough cash to upgrade and use some turns, THEY ARE NOT SELLING FULL STOCK, SO IT DOES NOT MATTER. So why doesn't everybody sell at $100. It doesn't help stockers. It helps people who want to make **** all money and don't plan on finishing in the top 10, it doesn't help anybody else.

I don`t study economics, I don`t study at all, and yet I seem to understand more then you!

Ok, we tell people to sell at 100. GRIM sells at 100. So what can we do if another nation decides to undercut? if more then 1 nation is running farmer there will ALWAYS be undercutters.

Someone always wants to sell faster, esp if its netting farmer.

Guess my high school education beats yours PT:::
i`m so great, i know, no need to worship me!

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 08:27
I don`t study economics, I don`t study at all, and yet I seem to understand more then you!

Ok, we tell people to sell at 100. GRIM sells at 100. So what can we do if another nation decides to undercut? if more then 1 nation is running farmer there will ALWAYS be undercutters.

You don't study economics. But you sure didn't study how to read properly at school either. Where ON ****ING EARTH did I mention GRIM. I said 'everybody' in that post. Which last time I checked, was more than GRIM. You need to learn to read before you embarrass yourself next time you illiterate, degenerate fool.

So no, your high school education, or lack of, does not come close to matching my far superior common logic and understanding.

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 08:31
I have no idea why LD accepted you! After the last stunts you pulled, you should be out of GRIM for good.

You`re no nationmate, you`re just a selfish ****! Go make your 1 man tag and **** of, loser

Happy to be gone!

GRIM, apart from a few select members, is full of clueless idiots. You run around saying "OH WE ARE JUST NETTING PEACEFULLY" every ****ing set, then have the biggest cry when somebody wars you. READ THE TITLE OF THE ****ING GAME, IT CLEARLY SAYS NATION WARS, not NATIONS PLAYING PEACEFULLY TOGETHER IN THE LAND OF PRISTINE HARMONY, WHERE CLUELESS IDIOTS CAN PRETEND IN THEIR NAIVE MINDS THAT EVERYONE LIKES THEM AND NOBODY WOULD DARE DO OTHERWISE, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST. Or perhaps that's your version of the game?

Selfish? Just because I can play the game, and half of your nation can't, does not make me selfish. I can play with skilled players, not half bred idiots who lack common knowledge nor reasoning skills. If people had of listened to me GRIM would not of been failing like it is now. I can understand if NEW players do not know what to do, but so called 'experienced' players such as yourself should know how to farm, no excuses.

You fail, time and time again. Give up on the game, because your going nowhere fast.

Vortex
01-08-2009, 11:15
Nick most of your ideas were ludracris and based on your own ego.

I think from now on your name will be Nickoooo the Sickoo

Vortex
01-08-2009, 11:21
Why choose $70 then.

Then why would you loose $7 with a tax rate of 10% on $70
and $10 on $100 ?? I dont study economics but thats logic to me! :walmp:

01-08-2009, 13:58
Happy to be gone!

GRIM, apart from a few select members, is full of clueless idiots. You run around saying "OH WE ARE JUST NETTING PEACEFULLY" every ****ing set, then have the biggest cry when somebody wars you. READ THE TITLE OF THE ****ING GAME, IT CLEARLY SAYS NATION WARS, not NATIONS PLAYING PEACEFULLY TOGETHER IN THE LAND OF PRISTINE HARMONY, WHERE CLUELESS IDIOTS CAN PRETEND IN THEIR NAIVE MINDS THAT EVERYONE LIKES THEM AND NOBODY WOULD DARE DO OTHERWISE, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST. Or perhaps that's your version of the game?

I dont know if you have read any of the other posts about GRIM and its peacefull netting sets.
Ill refresh your memory for you since apparently you didnt.
The core group of GRIM has not netted peacefully yet. We havent had the chance to with the exception of last set because we finally declared war on someone that said they were going to war us.Had we not declared on them would we have been able to finish the set in peace history says no why you ask let me tell you.

1st set of GRIM's actual existance 2 members suicided on.
2cnd set of GRIM's existance suicided on again.
3rd set of GRIM's existance warred upon.
4th set of GRIM's existance we warred someone because we got sick of being someone else's **** punching bag.
We never said we were the best we are just trying to get 1 set in where we are not someones punching bag or crash test dummies for their suicide tactics.

Selfish? Just because I can play the game, and half of your nation can't, does not make me selfish. I can play with skilled players, not half bred idiots who lack common knowledge nor reasoning skills. If people had of listened to me GRIM would not of been failing like it is now. I can understand if NEW players do not know what to do, but so called 'experienced' players such as yourself should know how to farm, no excuses. You fail, time and time again. Give up on the game, because your going nowhere fast.

Failing how? All but 2 farmers in the nation are new to farming or new to the game period. One of the other 2 isnt all that active. The one experienced active player farming is doin just fine.

19,990 posts to go :walmp:

nosejam
01-08-2009, 14:02
I know how to farm :)

01-08-2009, 14:08
I dont and I have been playing since June.
However I did try teching for the first time as a start up and I do like the money rolling in from that.

19,989 posts to go :walmp:

Max Logan
01-08-2009, 15:19
You don't study economics. But you sure didn't study how to read properly at school either. Where ON ****ING EARTH did I mention GRIM. I said 'everybody' in that post. Which last time I checked, was more than GRIM. You need to learn to read before you embarrass yourself next time you illiterate, degenerate fool.

So no, your high school education, or lack of, does not come close to matching my far superior common logic and understanding.

Reading Issue:
Not so good at reading are we? :thinking:

Common sense issue:
You were talking about how you deleted your state becouse people is GRIM were so undercutting you

Conclusion:
You`re the degenerate.

Advice:
Don`t start an argument here, you lack the basic skill for it. Ask Anton for tips

Max Logan
01-08-2009, 15:23
I dont and I have been playing since June.
However I did try teching for the first time as a start up and I do like the money rolling in from that.

19,989 posts to go :walmp:

the 'post to go' is really getting annoying :p

Mahdi
01-08-2009, 15:38
I dont think its the posts to go part... more the :walmp: part which is getting annoying as it is seen way too much

@ nnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkooooooooooonnnnnnnn nnnooooooooooo
I think i spelled that right. Yes you do lack the skill to hold an arguement among us more educated peoples that do not need 15 letters to spell a 5 letter word. Ask Anton for tips

Divine Intervention
01-08-2009, 15:47
the 'post to go' is really getting annoying :p

Today Donation
Given ::LD::GrimReapr stop spamming 10,000,000

:RM:

Max Logan
01-08-2009, 15:55
Now he`ll post and see if you will give more ;)

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 20:34
Reading Issue:
Not so good at reading are we? :thinking:

Common sense issue:
You were talking about how you deleted your state becouse people is GRIM were so undercutting you

Conclusion:
You`re the degenerate.

Advice:
Don`t start an argument here, you lack the basic skill for it. Ask Anton for tips

Yet again, you missed the point. Infact your so ****ed in the head that you missed the entire argument. Perhaps you will re-read posts in the future. Your 'common sense issue' fails to grab the point. It seems that you couldn't come up with a proper response, so instead you changed the subject. Well done!

I won't even bother to further fuel your incoherent ramblings.

It seems there are to many people on this forum whom think they are better than what they actually are, you being one of them.

I've had enough of this topic, talk amongst yourselves yet again.

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 20:36
Then why would you loose $7 with a tax rate of 10% on $70
and $10 on $100 ?? I dont study economics but thats logic to me! :walmp:

Well then. Do I really need to point it out to you?

100 food for sale at $70. Therefore: 70 x 100 = $700. With tax of 10% that means a net profit of $630.

100 food for sale at $100. Therefore: 100 x 100 = $1000. With a tax rate of 10% that means a net profit of $900.

So $900 opposed to $630.

You lose money by selling at $70. Get the point? Yes, granted you do pay more tax, but you still make more money. No matter what price you sell at you still pay the tax rate, so why not sell at the highest possible price?

Get it now?

Fangz
01-08-2009, 20:38
plus ur nation gets more tax meaning u can lower the tax rate sooner ;)

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 20:40
I dont think its the posts to go part... more the :walmp: part which is getting annoying as it is seen way too much

@ nnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkooooooooooonnnnnnnn nnnooooooooooo
I think i spelled that right. Yes you do lack the skill to hold an arguement among us more educated peoples that do not need 15 letters to spell a 5 letter word. Ask Anton for tips

Let me point a few things out.

Firstly, if you were really all that educated you wouldn't of used 'nnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkooooooooooonnnnnnn nnnnooooooooooo'. Secondly, it's 'argument' not 'arguement'. Thirdly, 'people' not 'peoples'. Oh and there are so many more errors, both grammatical and logical that you have made. So please, go back to your hole.

Divine Intervention
01-08-2009, 20:40
no one has 10% tax at the start though. everyone has a high starting tax of 20%+ or something. thats why having undercutters = your food wont sell till later when the tax is dropped.

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 20:43
no one has 10% tax at the start though. everyone has a high starting tax of 20%+ or something. thats why having undercutters = your food wont sell till later when the tax is dropped.

****, even you miss the point.

I've explained this to you so many times on MSN.

You need to sell smaller amounts at the start to use turns and upgrade. So why not sell those at $100 to make the largest profit possible? Then, by the time that has finished you put your big amounts up for sale. By then the taxes have dropped?

Therefore the undercutters do not help, as they force such people to sell smaller amounts at $70 to make a sale. If everybody did theirs at $100, then profits would be at maximum, and farmers would have a chance of finishing in the top5, instead of in **** positions, as has occured of late.

Why do you need to put all your food on there straight away. At the start all you need to do is sell what you need for upgrades and upkeep, simple.

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 20:43
plus ur nation gets more tax meaning u can lower the tax rate sooner ;)

Somebody understands!

Will
01-08-2009, 20:45
Except that food on the market is food that isn't being destroyed in grabs.

nNiIcCkKoO
01-08-2009, 20:48
Except that food on the market is food that isn't being destroyed in grabs.

Obviously.

But you need to weigh up the benefits, versus the costs.

In the long run you are at a benefit to sell stock at a higher cost, and put up with the disadvantage of losing food in grabs. And if you are a stocker, grabs shouldn't be that much of a problem. Unless your playing land fat, in which case your an idiot.

Fangz
01-08-2009, 20:52
oh no, not a landfat stocker. what a terrible thing to be

Max Logan
01-09-2009, 13:52
Yet again, you missed the point. Infact your so ****ed in the head that you missed the entire argument. Perhaps you will re-read posts in the future. Your 'common sense issue' fails to grab the point. It seems that you couldn't come up with a proper response, so instead you changed the subject. Well done!

I won't even bother to further fuel your incoherent ramblings.

It seems there are to many people on this forum whom think they are better than what they actually are, you being one of them.

I've had enough of this topic, talk amongst yourselves yet again.

point it out instead of rattling about some misterious misunderstatement! ;)
i mean, as a smart man you are, you should understand the basic or argument

Max Logan
01-09-2009, 13:57
****, even you miss the point.

I've explained this to you so many times on MSN.

You need to sell smaller amounts at the start to use turns and upgrade. So why not sell those at $100 to make the largest profit possible? Then, by the time that has finished you put your big amounts up for sale. By then the taxes have dropped?

Therefore the undercutters do not help, as they force such people to sell smaller amounts at $70 to make a sale. If everybody did theirs at $100, then profits would be at maximum, and farmers would have a chance of finishing in the top5, instead of in **** positions, as has occured of late.

Why do you need to put all your food on there straight away. At the start all you need to do is sell what you need for upgrades and upkeep, simple.

you fail to understand the basics of undercutting.

let`s assume everyone sells at 100 on beginning. How many people really need all that tons of food on the market that early? So the people have to wait for days and more until their food gets sold, if it gets at all.

So instead of waiting for ages, they sell cheaper. the next one sells even cheaper becouse he 'won`t let the bastard sell first'

It was never about profit, it`s about getting your food sold.

you can always place your food at 100 and wait like a retard for it to sell and be fluffed at the end of set with your 100 when the rest sell lower.

unless you can force people to sell at the same price, they never will

Mahdi
01-09-2009, 14:19
Max play nice he is an excellent economist and knows what he is talking about when it comes to markets

MAGGIO
01-09-2009, 14:33
I can see how both stocker farmer, and undercutting can drastically effect the NA.

Max Logan
01-09-2009, 15:42
I can see how both stocker farmer, and undercutting can drastically effect the NA.

like stockers give about no NA? except when their stuff actually sells. once in a while.

Divine Intervention
01-09-2009, 15:53
farmer stocker = keep your food on PM all set. towards end of set it begins selling. you put it in your bank. then when your bank is full you start buying your ships. all the food you sell you buy ships with. then you use your bank to buy more ships. simple. ask Dboz about it, thats how he got:

10 DBozMen(#58) [WLF] 11.087 $109.842.929

on purely expand and build all set long. and i remember him complaining that food prices rose too fast meaning that he had to jump too early and wasnt able to use his turns after that anymore.

someone who played more actively:

5 SOS Brigade(#201) [TNR] 17.841 $142.865.845

and thats just from the ones i remember. it depends a lot on the set type. for example these 2 finishes were in a set where there was no war and 2 huge netting nations (LoR & WAL).