PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Max

nosejam
01-18-2009, 15:45
Wondering if many of you are fans of his?

Exciting year as far as he's concerned, film and a book coming out, both of which I have VERY high expectations for. Reading his blog about making the film has filled me with so much excitement for it I want to see it now.

Crimson Shadow
01-18-2009, 17:34
Who? What movies has he been in (or plans to be)?

nosejam
01-19-2009, 10:05
Tucker Max, author of the New York Times Bestseller I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, it hit the best sellers list on 3 separate occasions in 2006, 2007 and 2008. It's a compilation of lots of his stories, many of which are found at http://www.tuckermax.com/.

Never been in any movies, nor will he probably ever, he just wrote the screenplay also called I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell which is a screenplay he (and I think one other person) wrote, loosely based on Tucker's life but not a factual film.

Crimson Shadow
01-19-2009, 17:48
Ah, you said film and I thought you meant he was an actor.

I never read (except forum posts :P) so I've never heard of him.

nosejam
06-05-2009, 14:42
There's now an American release date for this film, the 25th of September. He's also doing a countrywide tour doing advanced screenings for colleges.

No word on it being released anywhere else as he doesn't think other people will get the American humour. But it was shown at Cannes and apparently a few distributors have been lined up, so I may get to see it in the cinema as opposed to a dodgy streamed version.

nosejam
08-05-2009, 13:29
http://www.ihopetheyservebeerinhell.com/

Got a greenband trailer, which nearly wasn't made as it was so tame they weren't sure if it was worth it.

Bram Gotink
08-05-2009, 14:45
I was wondering what that msg means in your msn nick...
Nice trailer lol

MAGGIO
08-05-2009, 16:16
saw the trailor looks funny but not as funny as say the hangover, or wedding crashers or other movies simular in basic story line.

nosejam
08-05-2009, 16:26
saw the trailor looks funny but not as funny as say the hangover, or wedding crashers or other movies simular in basic story line.

What is the Hangover like? Everyone seems to say it's good but way overrated, haven't seen it myself.

nosejam
01-17-2010, 13:10
For all of you dumb enough not to go see this in the cinema here is the film (and don't get all ethical on me, Tucker Max wants people to pirate the movie, as it he has no other ways of advertising it and if you enjoy it enough you'll hopefully buy the DVD which comes out at the end of this month I think):

NSFW film, I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell (http://milledrive.com/videos/38359/I_Hope_They_Serve_Beer_in_Hell.html)

If a mod feels this link shouldn't be on the forums I fully understand. If it gets deleted and you want the link PM me, or go look it up yourself you lazy bum. :)

kitoy
01-17-2010, 19:12
What is the Hangover like? Everyone seems to say it's good but way overrated, haven't seen it myself.

you should watch it.. one of the best comedies of the decade..

(well i did laugh really hard on that chinese guy :laugh:)