PDA

View Full Version : President Obama's First Executive Orders

MAGGIO
01-21-2009, 18:39
1. Pay freeze on his senior staff
2. Stiff Lobbiest rules
3. The Closing of GB w/in one year
4. A ban on tourcher

He talked with Mid East leaders on the phone etc....

Not a bad day for a first day.

Discuss....

Will
01-21-2009, 18:44
Could use some elaboration.

nosejam
01-21-2009, 18:45
Hasn't he suspended trials of al qaeda terrorists as well?

Disorder
01-21-2009, 19:56
Hasn't he suspended trials of al qaeda terrorists as well?

It was the 9-11 masterminds.. no comment here.

L P
01-21-2009, 21:07
These moves were trivial and expected. In fact all of this has been in planning for years.

I hope he plans to bring on some more drastic changes as promised. Let's get past the first 6 months and then have this discussion.

Disorder
01-23-2009, 11:52
NOW THIS SHOULD BE DISCUSSED

---President Obama on Friday is expected to lift a ban on federal funding for international groups that promote or perform abortions, reversing a policy of his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama will sign the executive order one day after the 36th anniversary of the landmark Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in all 50 states.

The move, long expected in the Democratic president's first week in office, will be welcomed by liberals and criticized by abortion rights foes.---

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/23/obama-lift-ban-overseas-abortion-funding/

Dogma
01-23-2009, 12:00
4. A ban on tourcher

Actually it's Torture and i agree that it should have been done, but I do believe in strong interrogation.

Bram Gotink
01-23-2009, 14:43
Actually it's Torture and i agree that it should have been done, but I do believe in strong interrogation.

lmao

I want to see some new changes, not the ones he already told he would do two eons ago :)
Otherwise I'll just have to become the new President in 8 yrs...

kingmyth
01-23-2009, 22:50

I also agree that strong interrogation methods should be used but there has to be a line on what is and isn't acceptable.

Disorder
01-23-2009, 23:20
I would agree that the public should not be informed on what goes on behing those walls.

Famous_stars
01-24-2009, 14:27
i like obama.

that being said, even when they tell you whats going on behind closed doors, it's only what you want to hear.

Bram Gotink
01-25-2009, 15:42
i like obama.

that being said, even when they tell you whats going on behind closed doors, it's only what you want to hear.

I thought the entire thing about "behind closed doors" was to make sure you/we/the people don't know what's said.

I like Obama as well,
I enjoyed his speech, well, most of it; and slept through the rest. I used to be proud not to be an American, but I might have to change that... (no offense, but you got hurricanes and you had Bush (2 of them !)). I especially liked the part (of the speech) where he mocked Bush and his way of ruling, his decisions etc.

MAGGIO
01-26-2009, 12:24
what about that new website that is going to line by line tell us every dollar spent by the gov?

Bram Gotink
01-26-2009, 17:04
what about that new website that is going to line by line tell us every dollar spent by the gov?

lol
You actually believe that? Yeah, there's going to be a site; yeah, there's going to be figures on it; yeah, it will be lies, lies and more lies. It's politics for crying out loud. They breathe lies !