PDA

View Full Version : Crèche or whatever you English speaking lot call it

Bram Gotink
01-25-2009, 15:54
Hey all ! (you just read the only "happy" words in this entire thread)

Last friday (23/01/2009), something happened in Belgium. Something we haven't seen in yrs (if ever). A man (20) called Kim D. got his bicycle and went on his way to Dendermonde (which is a 20km ride).
In Dendermonde (actually St-Gillis Dendermonde (part of Dendermonde)), he entered a kindergarden/crèche by the back door. He took two knives from his backpack and went through the building, attacking all babies he encountered. One of the workers tried to stop him, but she didn't succeed.
Total balance: 2 babies dead, as is the worker who tried to stop him.
20 babies in hospital, three of those in the intensive care.

Police arested the man in a warehouse in Dendermonde (the real Dendermonde this time), and found in his backpack another knive and some other stuff.

No need to say that the man is in custody and will be for the rest of his life. He hasn't said a word to the police, but the evidence is enough to charge him.

The kindergarden where this took place will be closed forever. Workers of the OCMW (=official (governmental) organisation of social workers) (they got the children out, they ran the daycare) have stated that there was blood everywhere.

The man had no criminal record, was a loner but never really odd. His neighbours stated that they saw him rarely, some didn't even know who he was. He worked in Dendermonde, but had resigned one week prior to the events for no reason. Collegues didn't know anything about him, except his name and that he liked movies.

What got into him? Why did he do it? Why innocent babies? There is only one man who knows, and he hasn't talked yet.
Which reminds me to add that he is being thoroughly searched by schrinks atm.

EDIT:
Feel free to be disgusted, I know I was.

northbabylon
01-25-2009, 18:32
...wtf

Kamran
01-25-2009, 19:28
really sad to here about that, heard this in news few days back

Bram Gotink
01-26-2009, 02:54
...wtf

Yah, Andy, that was my reaction as well.

I heard the reaction of one of the neighbours of the suspect, and he said: "When you hear about things like this, it's normally in America. But here? No."

Hoebawt
01-26-2009, 05:01
who ever said that is right

Bram Gotink
01-26-2009, 05:28
Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but I didn't want to offend any of you...

Update:
Apparently he started talking to the police yesterday evening. A pro deo sollicitor has been appointed by the local D.A..
The police now also suspects the man of having murdered a 73-year old woman in her farm 10 days ago.
The suspect is currently in the sick bay of the prison of Dendermonde, where he is fed through a tube (he refuses to eat).

DBozMen
01-26-2009, 11:23
I followed the news online while it came peace by peace. And i was glad to hear they caught him pretty fast. But i would mind if the police shot him a couple of times (not deadly because he has rot in prison for at least 200+ years.)

But the question everbody asks themselves, why, why would some1 do that.

They said he was inspired by 'the Joker', from 'The Dark Knight'.

Bram Gotink
01-26-2009, 17:03
I followed the news online while it came peace by peace. And i was glad to hear they caught him pretty fast. But i would mind if the police shot him a couple of times (not deadly because he has rot in prison for at least 200+ years.)

Shooting him won't help... Poisoning can be far more cruel and way more subtle.

He was inspired by the Joker? That's the first I hear about hat

DBozMen
01-26-2009, 17:05
Shooting him won't help... Poisoning can be far more cruel and way more subtle.

He was inspired by the Joker? That's the first I hear about hat

That's what the Dutch press is saying... not sure if it's true, we should wait till there is an official statement :).

Bram Gotink
01-26-2009, 17:12
That's what the Dutch press is saying... not sure if it's true, we should wait till there is an official statement :).

Good idea... It feels kinda... well, not good but rather... satisfactioning (?) to know that this idiot is spending the rest of his life behind bars.

DBozMen
01-26-2009, 17:19
Good idea... It feels kinda... well, not good but rather... satisfactioning (?) to know that this idiot is spending the rest of his life behind bars.

For the people not knowing this is the maniac:

http://media.nu.nl/m/m1bzx3qaoox7.jpg

Hoebawt
01-26-2009, 18:20
i thought bram said it was a guy? :) **** euros

Bram Gotink
01-27-2009, 04:11
For the people not knowing this is the maniac:
http://media.nu.nl/m/m1bzx3qaoox7.jpg
What I don't understand is that his first and last name are public now. What happened with privacy of the inmate? Yeah, Mark Dutroux is known with both names as well, that's true. But this guy was Kim D. and now it's Kim De Gelder or something similar...

i thought bram said it was a guy? :) **** euros
In Europe, male emos are considered guys; I can't change that, but I'm sorry for that anyways

Missionary
01-27-2009, 09:31

yeh it said that on the BBC news. said something like "the attacker was dressed with make-up like a clown, apparently the man was inspired by the joker from the recent batman film the dark knight"

so is it male or female?

p.s. male emos are considered guys? guy is just another word you call a person.

DBozMen
01-27-2009, 11:57
so is it male or female?

p.s. male emos are considered guys? guy is just another word you call a person.

it is a "man".

jeff_capes
01-27-2009, 13:05
The suspect is currently in the sick bay of the prison of Dendermonde, where he is fed through a tube (he refuses to eat).

That makes it easy, let him starve himself. Why feed him is he won't eat.

I think people like this should be used as guinea pigs for diseases, like give him cancer and then try finding cures on him. Or new medicines and **** like that.

Divine Intervention
01-27-2009, 13:45
or...just give him cancer then find cure for cancer on actual cancer victims worth saving :o

DBozMen
01-27-2009, 15:09
yeh it said that on the BBC news. said something like "the attacker was dressed with make-up like a clown, apparently the man was inspired by the joker from the recent batman film the dark knight"

i just heard the following (not sure if all is true):

He did it on the 23th of january exactly 1 year and 1 day after the death of Heath Ledger;
His lastname "Gelder" has all the same letters as "Ledger";
He killed an older woman because there is supposed to be a rumor about heath ledger being adopted;
This man used to have psychiatric past, his parents asked for permanent psychiatric care (which was denied);

Bram Gotink
01-27-2009, 17:22
i just heard the following (not sure if all is true):

He did it on the 23th of january exactly 1 year and 1 day after the death of Heath Ledger;
His lastname "Gelder" has all the same letters as "Ledger";
He killed an older woman because there is supposed to be a rumor about heath ledger being adopted;
This man used to have psychiatric past, his parents asked for permanent psychiatric care (which was denied);

I only know that the last of those is true. And frankly, I don't care about the other three things.
His parents asked for him to be in psychiatric care b/c he was acting strange (depressed at 15/16 yrs old, hearing voices...)
That was denied and that's the last time he went to a shrink.

I can't begin to imagine what that shrink must be thinking right now... "what if.."

DBozMen
01-27-2009, 18:24
I can't begin to imagine what that shrink must be thinking right now... "what if.."

But that would be with every decision a shrink could make ofcourse he will have a really hard time sleeping the coming months maybe even years.

But some people are just completly ****ed up.

Bram Gotink
01-28-2009, 03:25
But, obviously, his lawyer is trying to get him into a psychiatric center (for the rest of his life), he keeps repeating that he hears voices etc.
So, probably no jail, but shrinks for the rest of his life. I don't know what's worse :o

SoB
01-28-2009, 16:50
He's gonna get off easy, in a psyc clinic for the next 10-15 years and then be released because he shows improvements.

Another injustice of the system.

This is what they should use freakin Guantanamo Bay for, pieces of **** like this guy.

Bram Gotink
01-28-2009, 17:26
He's gonna get off easy, in a psyc clinic for the next 10-15 years and then be released because he shows improvements.

Another injustice of the system.

Nah, he'll be in psych clinic for the rest of his life.

This is what they should use freakin Guantanamo Bay for, pieces of **** like this guy.
I thought the same thing when I heard about Obama closing it and then followed by the news about Dendermonde