PDA

View Full Version : I spit in your face

Lord Burch
06-16-2010, 22:09
Nation Wars has become a disgrace. Mr. P is monopolizing this game. He has gone too far. This is now my last round, and I felt like wrapping it up by thanking those who deserved it.

Dogma: Hey man, I appreciate your helping me out with the game and being a friend to me. Maybe on a more worthy game we can be friends.

LoR: Though we don't get along well, I did start out with you guys, you did get me started in this game

Max Logan: At first I didn't like ya, but after the past couple of days I've grown some respect for you.

The suiciders: you've got b***s! props to ya.

Mhaphew: Though I don't like you, your defeat at my hands is what propelled me to become a big name.

Bright and NBall: I had a good time running DKO with you guys

ICN: thank you for letting me stay a round.

Z: thanks for being cool.

Disorder: too bad I won't be forming DKO next round. I will be doing one more CTF though, afterwards I won't be appearing here again.

Kenneth:
Thanks for cyanide and happiness.

Anybody else I forgot to mention I thank you.

Now then, having my last round MY WAY.

Calvin74
06-16-2010, 22:15
bye?

hopefully one day you grow up and come back a little more mature...

Xavior
06-16-2010, 22:15
Can you give us an example as to how Mr. P is 'monopolizing the game'?

L P
06-16-2010, 22:25
Really? :thumbdown:

pacipacipacipacipacipaci

ooga booga
06-16-2010, 22:35
Lord Burch is a big name?

You're right Lord Burch. I'll never forget you as the guy that talked so much on the forums but had absolutely no game skills. You will be remembered to me as the guy that failed 7 AR's on lor's worst state and then gave up. So glad to have fought by your side. lol

Disorder
06-16-2010, 23:42
Mr. P is monopolizing this game.

hummmmmmmm..... :think:: It is kinda his game... I do in fact enjoy playing it.

kitoy
06-17-2010, 01:24
no don't leave.. join me next set and lets kill LoR.. http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1369/wink2s.gif

Salabanzi
06-17-2010, 04:44
Before u leave Lady Burch, please tell me how old are you?
Maybe it is a good idea to take a hike for a while(couple of years), u can grow up and then u can do comeback into the game(like i did) ;)

Morph
06-17-2010, 12:21
:walmp:

nuff said

Dogma
06-17-2010, 13:56
Burch, before you do this, get with me on MSN, this isn't necessary. I think maybe things are taken a little too personally. DOn't make rash decisions when you are mad, lets talk abotu it . I''ll see you on msn later today.

To everyone bashing him... STOP! give the guy a break, he came here with his own aganda and at least stuck it out for a while, **** guys, don't take it all so seriously. Just lay off.

ooga booga
06-17-2010, 16:15
I supported his agenda for awhile Dogma, until he got so easily wound up and mad at everyone and started killing new players and saying he wanted to run this game to the ground. That's when my feelings for him completely changed. I was all for him being unique in the beginning, I found it entertaining and refreshing. But to me it is very clear now he is way too immature at the moment to even have a conversation with. And I certainly don't support someone who supports killing new players, suiciding, and someone who wants this game to die.

Max Logan
06-17-2010, 16:32
Com`on! He`s a prodigy! You`re to dull to understand his great vision!

Mr President
06-17-2010, 18:13
Monopoly-
1. Exclusive control or ownership as of a commodity or service
2.a A company or group having such control
2.b A commodity or service so controlled.

Monopolize-
1. To acquire of maintain a monopoly of
2. To dominate by excluding others.

Going by the definitions I guess I am guilty.. Who knew that having ownership of the game is actually me monopolizing it..

HELL NO! You are letting these ***** *** whiners who continually whine about getting suicided and pleading and begging you, and offering to shine your shoes and bow before your 'mighty will'. This is what I call an ABUSE OF POWER. You don't have the right to tell a person how to play the **** game! You have only the mere rights to regulate, nothing more.

Whiners are not what gets my attention.. Could be why I barely read your posts.

This is not ABUSE OF POWER, this is administrating. I don't make decisions based on one person. I make them based on the good of the game. If you ever got off your high horse for two seconds then you would know that.

Suiciding isn't illegal, only multis and other said infractions in said terms of agreement.

Hence the part of my message that says there will be new policies and rules set in place next set.. The new rules will cover suiciding..

Is you guys wanting me out your wish? FINE. If this is going to be the way this **** *** game is run, this is my last round. I'll play something worth my time and energy.

frankly i'm tired of your threats. If your going to quit then quit already.. I have sent you messages, I have talked to others asking them to back off you while you adjust, I have asked people to help you learn the game, I have done everything in my power to help make your stay here as pleasant as it can be, but YOU are the one who causes all your own grief.

Your holding SKy accountable for a completely different game? CTF was made for 100% violence. The whole point of the game is to kill everyone and capture as many flags as you can. You don't mind killing, but you get mad when killed?

And now that you have thrown your tantrum you go off and suicide my state... One of 3 people who actually liked you and did things to help you and this is how you repay someone?

I make decisions based on choices that I feel are best for the game. I am not always correct and I make mistakes. When that happens I reverse it and work on another way. If you noticed in my post I said we would go this route for a bit to see what happens and then make decisions from there.

I am mainly going this route right now cause it's quicker and easier. I am loaded down with work and other RL things going on so I don't have a whole lot of free time to change the whole game around. My long term plan is to figure out a way in the games mechanics to make suiciding harder and inf hording harder as well. I don't expect you to understand cause every single thing that happens in this game you somehow take it personally and think it's being changed due to you.

So listen, if you don't like it here then maybe it is a good idea that you find another game. Your not forced to play this game. Thanks for trying it out, sorry it's not for you and have a wonderful day..

Max Logan
06-17-2010, 18:37
1st time I`ve seen Mr P post something being mad! :o

*group hug*

Lord Burch
06-17-2010, 18:52
Burch, before you do this, get with me on MSN, this isn't necessary. I think maybe things are taken a little too personally. DOn't make rash decisions when you are mad, lets talk abotu it . I''ll see you on msn later today.

To everyone bashing him... STOP! give the guy a break, he came here with his own aganda and at least stuck it out for a while, **** guys, don't take it all so seriously. Just lay off.

Sorry Dogma, I've had enough. Like I said, I hope to meet you in a better game than this. Since Mr. P is all set with changing the new policies in the game, I don't see the reason for playing. You see, this is why games fail in the end. Sure it starts with a few minor changes until next thing you know there'll only be one option, or rather one particular way to play the game. And trust me, I won't play a game that is too dull. I know Mr. P's targeting me because he knows I'm a terrorist, plain and simple. I'm pretty sure it was obvious since the beginning. If you didn't, you're pretty darn stupid (referring to those who didn't know I use terrorist tactics). At this point, it has gone beyond bashing me. I refuse to play a monotonous game. Problem is, I don't know how to delete my account. I'll leave the garbage cleaning to Mr. P, since that is the REAL aspect of his job, not decision making. This game belongs to all of us. Not the majority, not Mr. P, ALL OF US. If we all don't agree then this new rule shouldn't take place.

Wait, why am I wastng time here again....?

Just delete my account already.

I'll be playing a better game, one more entertaining. Screw my commitment.

Lord Burch
06-17-2010, 18:54
bye?

hopefully one day you grow up and come back a little more mature...

Don't hold your breath, I won't come back here. As soon as Mr. P comes on, he'll be deleting my account.

Max Logan
06-17-2010, 18:57
Sorry Dogma, I've had enough. Like I said, I hope to meet you in a better game than this. Since Mr. P is all set with changing the new policies in the game, I don't see the reason for playing. You see, this is why games fail in the end. Sure it starts with a few minor changes until next thing you know there'll only be one option, or rather one particular way to play the game. And trust me, I won't play a game that is too dull. I know Mr. P's targeting me because he knows I'm a terrorist, plain and simple. I'm pretty sure it was obvious since the beginning. If you didn't, you're pretty darn stupid (referring to those who didn't know I use terrorist tactics). At this point, it has gone beyond bashing me. I refuse to play a monotonous game. Problem is, I don't know how to delete my account. I'll leave the garbage cleaning to Mr. P, since that is the REAL aspect of his job, not decision making. This game belongs to all of us. Not the majority, not Mr. P, ALL OF US. If we all don't agree then this new rule shouldn't take place.

I`m pretty sure this game belongs to Mr P :p

Devil
06-17-2010, 19:39
Monopoly-
1. Exclusive control or ownership as of a commodity or service
2.a A company or group having such control
2.b A commodity or service so controlled.

Monopolize-
1. To acquire of maintain a monopoly of
2. To dominate by excluding others.

Going by the definitions I guess I am guilty.. Who knew that having ownership of the game is actually me monopolizing it..

Whiners are not what gets my attention.. Could be why I barely read your posts.

This is not ABUSE OF POWER, this is administrating. I don't make decisions based on one person. I make them based on the good of the game. If you ever got off your high horse for two seconds then you would know that.

Hence the part of my message that says there will be new policies and rules set in place next set.. The new rules will cover suiciding..

frankly i'm tired of your threats. If your going to quit then quit already.. I have sent you messages, I have talked to others asking them to back off you while you adjust, I have asked people to help you learn the game, I have done everything in my power to help make your stay here as pleasant as it can be, but YOU are the one who causes all your own grief.

Your holding SKy accountable for a completely different game? CTF was made for 100% violence. The whole point of the game is to kill everyone and capture as many flags as you can. You don't mind killing, but you get mad when killed?

And now that you have thrown your tantrum you go off and suicide my state... One of 3 people who actually liked you and did things to help you and this is how you repay someone?

I make decisions based on choices that I feel are best for the game. I am not always correct and I make mistakes. When that happens I reverse it and work on another way. If you noticed in my post I said we would go this route for a bit to see what happens and then make decisions from there.

I am mainly going this route right now cause it's quicker and easier. I am loaded down with work and other RL things going on so I don't have a whole lot of free time to change the whole game around. My long term plan is to figure out a way in the games mechanics to make suiciding harder and inf hording harder as well. I don't expect you to understand cause every single thing that happens in this game you somehow take it personally and think it's being changed due to you.

So listen, if you don't like it here then maybe it is a good idea that you find another game. Your not forced to play this game. Thanks for trying it out, sorry it's not for you and have a wonderful day..

Thank you

Mr President
06-17-2010, 19:40

This is why you have so many issues with people in this game. You think every dang thing revolves around YOU!

lol you honestly think that this new change has anything to do with you? Dude as god as my witness the change has NOTHING to do with you. In fact your name never even came to mind. Better yet ask the other Admin Tnova if your name came up at all during our discussions.. NOPE!

This change doesn't have anything to do with one certain member. It is made for all members. You have no idea what this game was like before suiciders. we had 4k + members and it was hopping. Then people started suiciding and lots of people left.... Suiciding has always been the #1 reason this game fails and you want me to sit back and say, "hey let em play the way they want".. 99% of the time i do just that, but when something effects the stability of the game I must do something. And seeing you have never ran a game before why don't you try it and see what it's like before you start telling me what my job duties are.. You have no respect for anyone. No appreciation or nothing. Dude I don't make a living off this game. I don't make one penny off this game. Everything I make I return back into the game. You think server space is free?

And speaking of majority, you don't think the majority wants something done about suiciding? Everything must start somewhere and that's what we are doing. We try new things to see what happens.

So going on your views of what I should be doing which is not decision making, then I guess I can't decide on what new features to the game should be then huh? Guess I can't decide on how to code things then huh?
I mean after all this is your game so where is all the help from you? You have the nerve to call people complainers, DUDE have you read your posts? That is all you do is whine about people hitting you and complaining about this and that and how your going to leave..

There is no point in trying to explain anything to you. Your dead set in your ways thinking that every decision is based around you. How do walk around with that huge ego cloud over you all the time.

Hope you enjoy what ever game you decide to settle into.. :)

kenshin44
06-17-2010, 22:05
I think we have some serious problems in this game.

I know it may sound a bit hypocrtical but this is what i got from the noobs that joined me and quit this game.

They dislike how from the start their are restrictions to attacks and so forth. They feel that being attacked is being attacked and to fight back is the right action. I had to tell them it was part of game and that they can do certain attacks in and out of war.

The reason I brought this up in this thread is cause Lord Burch plays his way whatever he does, so long as he has fun with it he should be able to do it.

Sure we have the same right to kill him if we think his fun is harming us directly or so forth but its all part of the game.

I think if we want more new players in this game then we gotta stop being anal on unwritten rules and change them.

Let Tripple taps and so forth resume let AA/SAs happen let this game be free.

I know we had a huge discussion against suiciders in past but you know I think that opening up regulations and making this game feel like truly anyone can reach the top and anyone can be brought down is what we need.

Nations are weak now in this game few select nations remain and if a top spot is reached its secured unless a major war happens or a suicide, in which suiciding is banned.

Lets open up regulation, and see if it brings players into this game.

The way i see it is if im a noob and i can bring someone who is top down and attack him i feel like i've accomplished something.

If nothing else let the N players be free into doing what they want, they can pay for their actions but let them play the game to its fullest

Calvin74
06-17-2010, 22:10

I know it may sound a bit hypocrtical but this is what i got from the noobs that joined me and quit this game.

They dislike how from the start their are restrictions to attacks and so forth. They feel that being attacked is being attacked and to fight back is the right action. I had to tell them it was part of game and that they can do certain attacks in and out of war.

The reason I brought this up in this thread is cause Lord Burch plays his way whatever he does, so long as he has fun with it he should be able to do it.

Sure we have the same right to kill him if we think his fun is harming us directly or so forth but its all part of the game.

I think if we want more new players in this game then we gotta stop being anal on unwritten rules and change them.

I know we had a huge discussion against suiciders in past but you know I think that opening up regulations and making this game feel like truly anyone can reach the top and anyone can be brought down is what we need.

Nations are weak now in this game few select nations remain and if a top spot is reached its secured unless a major war happens or a suicide, in which suiciding is banned.

The way i see it is if im a noob and i can bring someone who is top down and attack him i feel like i've accomplished something.

If nothing else let the N players be free into doing what they want, they can pay for their actions but let them play the game to its fullest

i would say when wow was growing the most there were even more "restrictions" and from the 2nd set on there have been the grab rules informally in place. believe it or not they help the new people more than anyone else....

Will
06-17-2010, 22:22

Reaching the top is pretty pointless if any stocker can screw up your state.

ooga booga
06-17-2010, 22:57

For the most part N players are free and do get passes. They usually don't go after top states because they aren't good enough. The only people that go after top states are guys like Z and Cem who can't keep it in the pants and man up. That is completely different than some noobs who do a couple of GA's or something who doesn't know what he's doing. For the most part everyone has been letting that go. I did last set. It's not the new players that the new rules are trying to restrict, it's the guys that can't take a loss in a war.

As for Lame Burch, it's a democracy. You don't need an unanimous decision to have a change, you need a majority. So if the majority of people don't like suiciding and want something to change for the good of the game than Mr P will take a look into it and take action, which he is doing.

kenshin44
06-17-2010, 23:20
IDk i asked my newbies and they said it was pretty lame that they have to follow certain SA rules, and that when they are attacked in SA its okay as it is permitted, and that they are not allowed to do any damage back to the states.

I feel if their was more free room atleast for newbies we'd be fine.

By this i mean if a newbie wants to suicide and do stuff let them ofcourse they pay with death if their actions are such.

The problem atm is as leaders of nations we don't want our newbie to do anything crazy as it reflects upon us and then we maybe in a war cause of some suicide action, in which case we may turn against our own player/newbie and kill them for their action.

A player who is abadonned by his own nation and has a death looming over him by another has no real reason to play as its a lose lose situation.

I know it may sound like im advocating suiciding, but im just saying these comments as I lost two newbie players as they felt the gameplay with unwritten rules is too gay. Thought id voice their opinion and see what the society thinks of it.

BeeNo
06-17-2010, 23:35
i know what your saying ali, i've had the same issues when new guys i bring to the game or recruit. i'm just not sure what the solution is.

Calvin74
06-17-2010, 23:45
IDk i asked my newbies and they said it was pretty lame that they have to follow certain SA rules, and that when they are attacked in SA its okay as it is permitted, and that they are not allowed to do any damage back to the states.

By this i mean if a newbie wants to suicide and do stuff let them ofcourse they pay with death if their actions are such.

The problem atm is as leaders of nations we don't want our newbie to do anything crazy as it reflects upon us and then we maybe in a war cause of some suicide action, in which case we may turn against our own player/newbie and kill them for their action.

A player who is abadonned by his own nation and has a death looming over him by another has no real reason to play as its a lose lose situation.

I know it may sound like im advocating suiciding, but im just saying these comments as I lost two newbie players as they felt the gameplay with unwritten rules is too gay. Thought id voice their opinion and see what the society thinks of it.

i have never ever turned on a new guy in my nation. i will explain the rules to him and i actually have never had anyone of them complain about how we do things. most the time i also explain how it keeps them from being landfarms and getting killed right off the bat.
if they do war attacks i once again explain it to them and then i go to the nation they did the attacks on and work things out with that nation. usually if the nation demands something (which is rare since most new guys can't do that much damage) then i pay for it from my own state.

that is just the way i lead my nation. my state is always the 1st to go and no one gets left out in the cold.

ie this set when marine made his grab on sky. it was a dumb grab and i wish he understood why but i talked to the sky players and got everything straightened out and actually got on very good terms with them. everything can be used to smooth things over you just have to be willing to talk it out and back your members up.

BeeNo
06-18-2010, 00:28
well, calvin do you still get guys who want to retaliate for every SA against them? i mean that's what i get alot of.

Calvin74
06-18-2010, 00:34
well, calvin do you still get guys who want to retaliate for every SA against them? i mean that's what i get alot of.

honestly i haven't taught a lot of people in a long time. i don't have much time really anymore and my turn by turn knowledge is a bit outdated. i just play in 150 turn increments and somehow do ok:P

i would love to train someone but i think most of what i can do is train people how to lead nations but there aren't that many of those anymore:P

as far as the retaling all SAs you just have to let them try it a few times to see that it isn't logical to try it.

Max Logan
06-18-2010, 02:39
All the people complaining about unwritten rules, should understand the logic behind them! Yhey are not made to protect top states from people who want to go left a right and just AA the hell out of it. The rules were made to keep order and balance. What would the game be if anyone was allowed every action they prefer? I don`t think many players would be left in the game.

Most, I mean ~90% of all the people, want these unwritten rules as a safeguard! It keep you being trampled by either the top states willing to keep you away, or stockers willing to have fun at your expense

Mr President
06-18-2010, 10:32

I know what you are saying and I understand cause I have had a few new members feel the same way. But once I explained everything they were fine with it. When new people join they don't understand that SA is a legal attack and part of the game, so when it happens they feel threatened.

There is a huge difference when a new person drops a few AA's complared to a suicider doing them. Nobody in this game is going to kill a new member for doing a few AA's when they didn't know any better.

Every game has rules. Every game has set limits on what you can and can't do.

This is what I'm talking about when I say a handfull of people ruin it for everyone else.. But yet some of you seem to defend them? I am all for fairl play and being free to do what you want, but at the same time this game loses more members cause they have been suicided so many time then we do cause there are rules of play.

I hate the fact that I have to spend so much time on this stupid issue cause a few people don't care about anything but themselves.

Dogma
06-18-2010, 10:59
I know what you are saying and I understand cause I have had a few new members feel the same way. But once I explained everything they were fine with it. When new people join they don't understand that SA is a legal attack and part of the game, so when it happens they feel threatened.

There is a huge difference when a new person drops a few AA's complared to a suicider doing them. Nobody in this game is going to kill a new member for doing a few AA's when they didn't know any better.

Every game has rules. Every game has set limits on what you can and can't do.

This is what I'm talking about when I say a handfull of people ruin it for everyone else.. But yet some of you seem to defend them? I am all for fairl play and being free to do what you want, but at the same time this game loses more members cause they have been suicided so many time then we do cause there are rules of play.

I hate the fact that I have to spend so much time on this stupid issue cause a few people don't care about anything but themselves.

Hear hear!

The reason that these people that are talked about leaving because they can't hit indescriminately are leaving is apparently they are told that this is strictly a war game. Yes, war is a part of it but there is so much more to it than just war. Just because the name is Nation Wars doesn't mean that war is the only factor to it. I had several new playerrs this set, Burch being one of them that as soon as I explained and demonstrated what to do and how, all was good. That has been my experience with every new playerr I have helped, and there have been many, So I don't wnat to hear that people leave because they can't come in here and do what Burch did. Not going to hear it.

Mhaphew
06-18-2010, 18:17
Mhaphew: Though I don't like you, your defeat at my hands is what propelled me to become a big name.

Just like with every other kill you got, you killed me when I was inactive, infact, it took you 5 days to kill that state and I had barely used 600 turns that set.

P.S. Don't mention me in anymore of your posts, I do not want to have anything to do with you, unless its killing you, which I have done many times.

Mhaphew
06-18-2010, 18:33
Don't hold your breath, I won't come back here. As soon as Mr. P comes on, he'll be deleting my account.

Why are you so eager to get your account deleted? You don't want future generations to come on here and review your posts and be like "Man, that little kid was one whiny b****h!"

Morph
06-18-2010, 18:35
I know Mr. P's targeting me because he knows I'm a terrorist, plain and simple..

age 12?

Xavior
06-18-2010, 18:35
age 12?

You?

Morph
06-18-2010, 18:40
You?

look a smartass canadian

Max Logan
06-19-2010, 03:07
look a smartass canadian

lol lol lol lol
pwned

DBozMen
06-19-2010, 11:21

nuff said

Dogma
06-19-2010, 11:38
You?

look a smartass canadian

I thought he was Dutch

Calvin74
06-19-2010, 11:38
I thought he was Dutch

is there a difference?

Soviet Russia
06-21-2010, 09:31
He forgot me :(

Kamran
06-21-2010, 11:53
im suprised the noob lasted this long::oops:

seriously did you expect to last this long with out knowing the game.

Calvin74
06-21-2010, 18:26
im suprised the noob lasted this long::oops:

seriously did you expect to last this long with out knowing the game.

its not a matter of knowing the game. its a matter of being mature enough to be civil...

MarineRecon
06-21-2010, 22:11
one way i can think of bein able to control infantry hording is if its possible of finding a way that doesnt let u buy or build anymore of a certain unit till the other units are within a percentage of balance...itll be hard deciding wut percentages of sumthing make a state balanced but thats all i can think of

and suiciding is def the biggest problem and ill admit to it cuz i do it every now and then lol u can tell from when a new player does it in revenge of an attack or when a vet player does it just to piss sumbody off...everybody is scared of doing retals and making policies and enforcing them because they dont want their nation potentially getting warred if the other nation doesnt agree to it or like it so they let the accident go and then it keeps happening...if a new player does 3 sa's or a war attack then talk to their leader and either let it go the first time and the next time u make a retal or sumthing, we gotta go back to the old basics in my opinion

Calvin74
06-21-2010, 22:56
one way i can think of bein able to control infantry hording is if its possible of finding a way that doesnt let u buy or build anymore of a certain unit till the other units are within a percentage of balance...itll be hard deciding wut percentages of sumthing make a state balanced but thats all i can think of

and suiciding is def the biggest problem and ill admit to it cuz i do it every now and then lol u can tell from when a new player does it in revenge of an attack or when a vet player does it just to piss sumbody off...everybody is scared of doing retals and making policies and enforcing them because they dont want their nation potentially getting warred if the other nation doesnt agree to it or like it so they let the accident go and then it keeps happening...if a new player does 3 sa's or a war attack then talk to their leader and either let it go the first time and the next time u make a retal or sumthing, we gotta go back to the old basics in my opinion

what are the old basics? for the most part retals have always been out of the question just by the formulas of the game. everyone usually has gb so it isn't worth it to grab the same person back.

but yes nations have to be willing to discipline their own players and allow other nations to come up with a fair punishment....

jkl9926
06-22-2010, 04:45
well all i want to add is that there is one state in particular who has been inf hoarding for the entire set and due to the way things now are in this game i havent been able to fix it for him.

M:I Operatives: 793.885 Level:8
Delta Force: 241.602.356 Level:8
F-22A Raptor: 3.358.517 Level:8
ZU-232 AA Gun: 749.945 Level:1
Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier: 2.665.474 Level:8

All set long this is how he has run his state and do to how sensitive everyone is around here im not allowed to AA him to put some fear in him. When i first started playing here these sort of things just didnt happen because a few AA's would destroy your entire set and really piss you off. Thus you always wanted to be covered that way you didnt have to worry.

To go along with the % suggestion i think you would need to atleast have 10mil jets/agms and 5mil ships for every 100mil inf that you have on hand. I think this sort of % would be agreeable to most players because especially in the past this was a must because every nation had to be war ready. But that was also with 6-20x the members that we have now so i would like to hear someone elses opinion on the matter.

MarineRecon
06-22-2010, 05:38
old basics as using good foreign relations...retals have to come back somehow for disipline it was only right...we need nations and leaders sticking up for their nation and not just allowing things to slip by and let things go or theyll keep happening...i believe it was EURO but not sure at one point in a set where they decided to be a nation that just destroys infantry horders which i thought was kinda funny but it was a good idea to make them more balanced...warring is a big part of the game if u have the right reasons not just for ****s and giggles...pepl need to start defending wut they believe in and not let others step all over them because of who they are or wut tag their in

jkl9926
06-22-2010, 05:41
i believe Will and the EURO retal policy are what your referring to i dont remember all the details but i do remember it being very effective but it did cause alot of problems.

Max Logan
06-22-2010, 06:47
well all i want to add is that there is one state in particular who has been inf hoarding for the entire set and due to the way things now are in this game i havent been able to fix it for him.

All set long this is how he has run his state and do to how sensitive everyone is around here im not allowed to AA him to put some fear in him. When i first started playing here these sort of things just didnt happen because a few AA's would destroy your entire set and really piss you off. Thus you always wanted to be covered that way you didnt have to worry.

To go along with the % suggestion i think you would need to atleast have 10mil jets/agms and 5mil ships for every 100mil inf that you have on hand. I think this sort of % would be agreeable to most players because especially in the past this was a must because every nation had to be war ready. But that was also with 6-20x the members that we have now so i would like to hear someone elses opinion on the matter.

His choice
you can`t force one to build xxx ammount of units.
Sorry

Devil
06-22-2010, 08:41

now what if you could grab him after say you aa 2-3 times? is that a suicide? i dont think so. I'd do it for a very nice grab if i could break. And if they wanted a retal i'd let him aa me as many times as i did and grab back... i would bet it would benefit me a lot more than him :)

ooga booga
06-22-2010, 08:46
now what if you could grab him after say you aa 2-3 times? is that a suicide? i dont think so. I'd do it for a very nice grab if i could break. And if they wanted a retal i'd let him aa me as many times as i did and grab back... i would bet it would benefit me a lot more than him :)

If you AA'd and grabbed him he'd probably want you dead, not just a the same retal. :P I know I would at least, lol. You would probably want him dead if you were up top like you normally are and somebody AA'd you. :)

Mr President
06-22-2010, 11:11

The problem isn't a few AA's to teach someone to get some more defense. The problem is some people are saving for weeks and building up one specific unit to simply hit certain states to ruin there chance of winning.

There are several fine lines in this whole issue. That is what makes it so hard. I'm a firm believer that nobody has the right to tell someone else how to play the game. I also believe that someone doesn't have the right to just ruin someone else's set just for fun. But I also believe that if you war someone and they lose the set then that is ok.

It's all around a very hard situation to fix or control. I do truley believe that discussing all of this in the open helps a lot. It gets people thinking and therfore thinking more about it before they do it. Suiciding is far from out of control. In fact it's still really really low. There are only a few people who do it. Back in WoW or early NW, there were several. So we are making steps forward.

People just need to put the game first and their revenge or greed second.

One other possible solution for the inf hording would be raise the food consumption and upkeep making it more costly to have so many. Or perhaps make it in stages like if the state has greater than 100M inf then the upkeep raises more and then 150M is raises even more ect ect.

Crimson Shadow
06-22-2010, 12:03
One other possible solution for the inf hording would be raise the food consumption and upkeep making it more costly to have so many. Or perhaps make it in stages like if the state has greater than 100M inf then the upkeep raises more and then 150M is raises even more ect ect.

I actually like this. Not only would it *hopefully* curb the ridiculous inf hoarding that has been going on this set, but it also might lead people to start using tanks again.

Devil
06-22-2010, 13:24
I actually like this. Not only would it *hopefully* curb the ridiculous inf hoarding that has been going on this set, but it also might lead people to start using tanks again.

it would just shift from inf to tank hording then. The fact is its not effective to horde jets, or agms. And its not cost effective to horde ships because the upkeep will eat you alive. So best for Military strength and upkeep is inf, why that is why you horde inf because you don't need the nw the first 25 days of the set.

Devil
06-22-2010, 13:26
If you AA'd and grabbed him he'd probably want you dead, not just a the same retal. :P I know I would at least, lol. You would probably want him dead if you were up top like you normally are and somebody AA'd you. :)

most likely but i don't inf horde, ive made too many enemies to have that luxury :P.

But when i have a 25+ man nation behind me i can be very influential with retals and not allowing them

MAGGIO
06-22-2010, 14:18

thats a good one, and it could be based on mil strength not #units.

"we are sorry, you do not even have enough inf to drive those ships. Fool!"

"your troops are tired of all this walking. Buy some jets, and ships. Fool!"

Dogma
06-22-2010, 14:39
thats a good one, and it could be based on mil strength not #units.

"we are sorry, you do not even have enough inf to drive those ships. Fool!"

"your troops are tired of all this walking. Buy some jets, and ships. Fool!"

"you can't carry that many Infantry on those few ships, fool"

Maybe put in airlift transports as a separate unit that must be in balance with your INF

Crimson Shadow
06-22-2010, 16:35
it would just shift from inf to tank hording then. The fact is its not effective to horde jets, or agms.

True, but there is nothing to do to stop hording. Staggering it so that after 100m upkeep increases, would hopefully slow it a little but it isn't going to stop it outright. The only way to stop it would be to war the people who do inf horde. But if you even attempt it, you will be instantly crucified on the forums. Whether they be calling it a suicide or an unjustified war.

As to setting a limit to how many infantry you can have per ship/jet is just forcing players to play a certain way. I am all for limiting the inf hording, but this is not the way to do it.

Dogma
06-22-2010, 18:10
Uh oh :sneaky: I think I may have caught something there I could get behind :injured:

Calvin74
06-22-2010, 18:47
True, but there is nothing to do to stop hording. Staggering it so that after 100m upkeep increases, would hopefully slow it a little but it isn't going to stop it outright. The only way to stop it would be to war the people who do inf horde. But if you even attempt it, you will be instantly crucified on the forums. Whether they be calling it a suicide or an unjustified war.

As to setting a limit to how many infantry you can have per ship/jet is just forcing players to play a certain way. I am all for limiting the inf hording, but this is not the way to do it.

why are you for stopping inf hoarding? you are forcing players to play a certain way based on your point of view are you not?

Crimson Shadow
06-22-2010, 19:29
why are you for stopping inf hoarding? you are forcing players to play a certain way based on your point of view are you not?

Touche lol

EDIT: I guess the point that I am trying to make is that while I don't agree with inf hording, if you choose to do it then don't come to the forums and try to rally everyone against the nation that wars you for doing so. You chose to take the risk of running with 500k jets and ships, so if you don't have a decent defense, then you don't have room to complain. *This is not me saying I will war those who inf horde, just saying I don't have as much sympathy for those who do.*

BeeNo
06-23-2010, 01:14
i think we all know infantry hording is a great risk. and having a whole nation do it is even riskier. have you ever seen a nation of infantry horders get FS'd? the response time and the CS are often extremely weak.

one of the funniest wars of all time that i've been a part of was last year xELDx taking on sky. they were all 100% infantry and we were supporting AGM's not jets. so both nations went into it with no jets! :P

Calvin74
06-23-2010, 23:58
i think we all know infantry hording is a great risk. and having a whole nation do it is even riskier. have you ever seen a nation of infantry horders get FS'd? the response time and the CS are often extremely weak.

one of the funniest wars of all time that i've been a part of was last year xELDx taking on sky. they were all 100% infantry and we were supporting AGM's not jets. so both nations went into it with no jets! :P

thats like a slap fight with one armed men:P

-Z-
06-24-2010, 22:24
Nation Wars has become a disgrace. Mr. P is monopolizing this game. He has gone too far. This is now my last round, and I felt like wrapping it up by thanking those who deserved it.

Dogma: Hey man, I appreciate your helping me out with the game and being a friend to me. Maybe on a more worthy game we can be friends.

LoR: Though we don't get along well, I did start out with you guys, you did get me started in this game

Max Logan: At first I didn't like ya, but after the past couple of days I've grown some respect for you.

The suiciders: you've got b***s! props to ya.

Bright and NBall: I had a good time running DKO with you guys

ICN: thank you for letting me stay a round.

Z: thanks for being cool.

Disorder: too bad I won't be forming DKO next round. I will be doing one more CTF though, afterwards I won't be appearing here again.

Kenneth:
Thanks for cyanide and happiness.

Anybody else I forgot to mention I thank you.

Now then, having my last round MY WAY.

Maybe I will see u in some other game man!

This game is becoming less Noob friendly and more concentrated on the vets, godspeed!

Z

Kamran
07-03-2010, 16:22
its not a matter of knowing the game. its a matter of being mature enough to be civil...

you know who we are talking about right? w/e the fingers still point towards him.

i think he should stick with dogma for few sets, not just one and thnigs he knows everything.

Lord Burch
07-11-2010, 20:52
you know who we are talking about right? w/e the fingers still point towards him.

i think he should stick with dogma for few sets, not just one and thnigs he knows everything.

A couple things a) WOW this thread's still going on? You're STILL paying attention to this? b) Last round I didn't leave SLOB because I 'knew everything' (Putting it in your words.) I did it BECAUSE I was planning on leaving (Though Dogma convinced me otherwise.)

Mhaphew
07-12-2010, 14:57
A couple things a) WOW this thread's still going on? You're STILL paying attention to this? b) Last round I didn't leave SLOB because I 'knew everything' (Putting it in your words.) I did it BECAUSE I was planning on leaving (Though Dogma convinced me otherwise.)

What the hell? YOu are still here?

Lord Burch
07-12-2010, 20:54
What the hell? YOu are still here?

Wasn't planning on it at first. Dogma convinced me otherwise...

Soviet Russia
07-13-2010, 03:23
Dogma should mind his own business :P

Mhaphew
07-13-2010, 12:23
Wasn't planning on it at first. Dogma convinced me otherwise...

Cool, Welcome back!

Lord Burch
07-13-2010, 18:59
Cool, Welcome back!

Thanks...appreciate the welcome (seriously!)

Mhaphew
07-13-2010, 19:35
Thanks...appreciate the welcome (seriously!)

Well, I realize that we shouldn't all gang up on you like we did.

But at times you are a little narcisistic and I feel that is the reason why things happened the way they did.

PS.

Ok a lot narcisistic...