PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Wars Resurrection V1.05

Mr President
01-28-2009, 21:07
Changes for the Feb Set:

The round will start 1 day earlier this set due to Feb only having 28 days. So the round will start on Jan 31st and end on Feb 27th (norm rounds go 1st-28th)

-Prepare for War-

Nations must now prepare for war PRIOR to being able to actually declare war.
There is a new section in the embassy section where you are able to select a nation to prepare for.

When you select prepare for war a automatic time is set up depending on the size of the nation you are hitting.

1-10 members - 3hrs
10-20 members- 2hrs
20 + member - 1hr

The bigger the defending nation the less time it takes to prepare. The smaller the nation the longer it takes. I know this is kinda backwords, but we are trying to look out for the smaller nations as a FS from a larger nation can destroy them.

The defending nation receives a notification that you are prepare to war them and tells them when your forces will be war ready.

The attacking nation also received a notification informing the nation that it is preparing for war and tells them when the nation will be war ready.
(it also tells you in the embassy section)

Once the "ready" time has expired you will then be able to declare war.
NOTE: You actually have to declare war AFTER you have prepared for war.
So now going to war is a 2 step process.

You are able to drop the preparations after a certain amount of time.

if you try to declare war before the set (ready) time has expired, it will give you a notification that you are not able to declare war till "blank" time.

-Sanctions-

Cost per state per sanction has been lowered to 20k from 40k.

Sanction tech needed to declare sanctions has been lowered to 145% from 155%.

This should help increase the usage of Sanctions this set.

-Admin Messages-

Members are now able to send a ingame message to the admin by using state #1 in the "to" section. From this set out, anytime an admin needs to converse we will be sending in game messages. If it is a high priority we will still send them via PM in the forums. Please do not send concerns or questions to my state. Please send all quesitons and concerns to State #1 which is the admin account..

Good Luck to everyone this set!!

Mr President
01-28-2009, 21:19
OMG!!!!! I'm shocked. As of right now, i have there has only been 4 end of round emails that have bounced back to me.. Normally there is about 80..

:)

kitoy
01-28-2009, 21:52
Thanks! :walmp:

Crimson Shadow
01-28-2009, 21:57
OMG!!!!! I'm shocked. As of right now, i have there has only been 4 end of round emails that have bounced back to me.. Normally there is about 80..

Isn't that because you mandated that everyone validate their emails?

Also...I prefer vinnie's suggestion about war time declaration over the one you have listed. But I guess we will have to wait and see how this one works.

EDIT: This idea

so if a nation of 10 declares on a nation of 10 then there is say an hour gap. but if a nation of 30 declares on a nation of 10 its 3 or 4 hours gap. on the other hand if a nation of 10 declares on a nation or 30 there is no time limit.

1) would give the smaller nation an advantage warring someone
2) a larger advantage receiving a FS

and more importantly

3) would limit the security of being in a huge warring nation. hopefully making people want to make smaller nations.

MAGGIO
01-28-2009, 22:31
i like it, but lets see what teh nea sayers think about the war time thing.

Fangz
01-28-2009, 22:36
booooooooooooooo

jk, it's ok i guess.

Mr President
01-28-2009, 23:04
Isn't that because you mandated that everyone validate their emails?

Also...I prefer vinnie's suggestion about war time declaration over the one you have listed. But I guess we will have to wait and see how this one works.

EDIT: This idea

Not ruling out his idea.. Simply making a starting point and will work from there.

I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on things this set, so this new way was a quick but yet effective way.. Let's see how it works out this set and go from there.

Dogma
01-28-2009, 23:54
Well, I will reserve judgement on this one. I know that I ***** as much as anyone when it comes to being warred, but I don't necessarily think that it needed to be changed.

So, for now, no opinion.

pcgluva
01-29-2009, 01:17
i am with dogma on this also i didnt like the whole time thing when we had it but i will once again wait till i judge

DBozMen
01-29-2009, 03:43
I got one question aiming on the war declarations, what does that mean for tag jumpers when war is declared?

I mean there was a state in LOR which did many failed sa's on 1 state and he could jump from nation to nation.

MAGGIO
01-29-2009, 09:45
I think the best answer to that question Boz is the retal option. I dont think there is any time limits. If they dont let you retal then you can sanction or declare war.

What I like now is that there are a few options instead of just one.

DBozMen
01-29-2009, 10:31
I think the best answer to that question Boz is the retal option. I dont think there is any time limits. If they dont let you retal then you can sanction or declare war.

What I like now is that there are a few options instead of just one.

LOR had to declare on 6 nations to get one guy, with the 3 hours waiting periode it could take days before you can kill a guy. Unless you do it with 5 turn attacks.

MAGGIO
01-29-2009, 12:42
I was not aware, but how did the guy go to six different nations? Did he create 3 of them?

Not to mention if it was not for LOR and some other nations then this MAY not have been implimented in the first place.

Divine Intervention
01-29-2009, 13:19
you can create as many nations as you want. you can leave a nation which has been declared war on as long as you haven't made any war attacks in the past 24 hours or SAs on the nation with which you are at war with for the past 24 hours.

Mr President
01-29-2009, 18:23
Well, I will reserve judgement on this one. I know that I ***** as much as anyone when it comes to being warred, but I don't necessarily think that it needed to be changed.

So, for now, no opinion.

I was hesitant to change it myself, but 3 things kept popping in my head.

1) Our member count is still pretty small, so that means most of our nations are small. So by giving them a little bit of extra time, we are helping smaller nations (who i strongly feel have a place in this game) have a better chance at making it.

2) Making is so there is a time element makes it a little more realistic. Also with the way i have it set up now when someone prepares for war it is stated in the global news: The Nation [USA] has began building forces along the borders of the Nation [AAA]. I think this will add a little hype to the whole event.. Which we need a few more things to keep it lively around here :)

3) Having it this way may help get some to create smaller nations, which i feel is needed. We can't have 15 two man nations and one super nation with 36 members cleaning house..

I got one question aiming on the war declarations, what does that mean for tag jumpers when war is declared?

I mean there was a state in LOR which did many failed sa's on 1 state and he could jump from nation to nation.

LOR had to declare on 6 nations to get one guy, with the 3 hours waiting periode it could take days before you can kill a guy. Unless you do it with 5 turn attacks.

This was a concern of mine as well and the only way to fix it is to trap members in both nations till peace is declared.. Which if i did that then it will really tick off those who don't want to war and would normally leave the nation if it happened.

Also i didn't add in the no members can leave while war prep is declared suggestion. Seeing we are basing the time limit to the nation your declaring against there was no need...

DBozMen
01-30-2009, 03:48
oké, that's good to know then :)

MarineRecon
01-30-2009, 13:46
should just make it so u cant leave till peace is declared or at least a certain amount of time after the initial war is declared...if ure in a nation u should help defend that nation if they get warred and if ure nation is gonna go 2 war ull noe ahead of time so u can leave b4 it

MAGGIO
01-30-2009, 14:00
should just make it so u cant leave till peace is declared or at least a certain amount of time after the initial war is declared...if ure in a nation u should help defend that nation if they get warred and if ure nation is gonna go 2 war ull noe ahead of time so u can leave b4 it

good idea. two to four hours after declaration of war then you can leave. that give the opposing nation plenty of time to kill off a specific state.

you cant leave but you can stonewall, and if the opposing nation has enough turns then the defending state will eventually run out and die.

MarineRecon
01-30-2009, 14:34
yeah exactly...u already get the heads up from the prepping war and the war declaration so now u just have 2 hope ure not the guys being targeted in that stike or w/e...u can stonewall those couple hours and once u can leave u can leave and if the nation dont get u then thats their fault theyll just have to chase u a lil more or sumthing

Missionary
01-30-2009, 14:48
2) Making is so there is a time element makes it a little more realistic. Also with the way i have it set up now when someone prepares for war it is stated in the global news: The Nation [USA] has began building forces along the borders of the Nation [AAA]. I think this will add a little hype to the whole event.. Which we need a few more things to keep it lively around here :)

would have been good if it didnt say who it was against.....that would increase the hype more between nations potentially not involved.

-Admin Messages-

Members are now able to send a ingame message to the admin by using state #1 in the "to" section. From this set out, anytime an admin needs to converse we will be sending in game messages. If it is a high priority we will still send them via PM in the forums. Please do not send concerns or questions to my state. Please send all quesitons and concerns to State #1 which is the admin account..

Good Luck to everyone this set!!

so Mr.P has a multi? :O

Mr President
01-30-2009, 14:57

This is possible. Let's see how this set goes and if needed then i'll add it in next set.

would have been good if it didnt say who it was against.....that would increase the hype more between nations potentially not involved.

so Mr.P has a multi? :O

If i made it so nobody knew who you were declaring against then it would defeat the purpose of the time frame. The whole reason for this is mainly to give nations a little bit of a notice to prepare..

Unless you mean just make it that way in the Global News but still make it so the nation you prepare against knows???? I guess that would be ok..

Missionary
01-30-2009, 15:51
If i made it so nobody knew who you were declaring against then it would defeat the purpose of the time frame. The whole reason for this is mainly to give nations a little bit of a notice to prepare..

Unless you mean just make it that way in the Global News but still make it so the nation you prepare against knows???? I guess that would be ok..

yeh thats what i was hoping for......would be so much better. there would be a mass messaging to everyone trying to find out whos been declared on, but the nation involved would still know. would benifit the more active nations and not those that just sit on MSN on alday and have someone nudge them on MSN.

Mr President
01-30-2009, 16:04
ok.. well i can take it out and make it so it just says "USA is preparing for war" and then when war is actually declared then it will state who it is.. meanwhile the nation USA is preparing against will still receive instant notifications that war is coming..

Seeing this is your idea you will be awarded a 5 yr free premium account.. :)

yea right jk, what you really are awarded is the endless modding of the W&R section cause now there will constant threads from people seeking who is USA going to war against... :) Enjoy your time spent! lol

MAGGIO
01-30-2009, 17:12
LOL 5yrs! I was like holy crap! He gets prem for modding anyway so I guess it doesnt matter.

Mr President
01-30-2009, 17:14
He gets prem for modding anyway so I guess it doesnt matter.

He does?? You know something i don't know about???? if we give mods free premium accounts then that looks like we care about them and well we don't..
Well some of them we do lol..

MAGGIO
01-30-2009, 17:21
Christ now you got me all confused. Idk if we do or not since i am out of pocket either way.

Mr President
01-30-2009, 17:24
lmao.. To answer your question no mods do not receive free premium accounts. There has been a couple times where i have given them a free one month prem account as a thanks for the work they put forth..

Mr President
01-30-2009, 17:25
and the same goes for admins too.. We all have to pay for our own premiums as well.. ::rain::

Divine Intervention
01-31-2009, 14:31
what happens in this situaton: 20 + man nation declares war on < 10 man nation...leader of <10 man nation is online at same time and declares back. does this mean that for 2 hours the <10 man nation will be able to do 2 turn war attacks whilst the big one isn't?

what if a 3rd nation declares war on the 20man nation immediatly? or something along those lines? i would have imagined that the war effects would take place as soon as possible?

explanation would be appreciated :)

Mr President
01-31-2009, 16:22
what happens in this situaton: 20 + man nation declares war on < 10 man nation...leader of <10 man nation is online at same time and declares back. does this mean that for 2 hours the <10 man nation will be able to do 2 turn war attacks whilst the big one isn't?

what if a 3rd nation declares war on the 20man nation immediatly? or something along those lines? i would have imagined that the war effects would take place as soon as possible?

explanation would be appreciated :)

If the 20 man nation prepares for war against a 5 man nation and the 5 man nation is online and sees and declares right back, then the 5 man nation WILL be able to declare war sooner and attack sooner.

Not sure what you mean on your 3rd nation example, but no matter what ALL nations will have to wait the "preparation" time frame before being able to declare war.

Divine Intervention
01-31-2009, 16:26
well if a 3rd smaller nation declares war on the big one...the big one will be able to fight back after one hour if it doesn't declare back, yes? sorry if im being confusing :p

Mr President
01-31-2009, 18:57
yes

MAGGIO
01-31-2009, 19:24
I guess to sum it up

Nation A with 20 member declares on Nation B with 10 members and has to wait.

At the same time Nation B declares on Nation A and IS ABLE to do 2 turn war attacks while Nation A "prepares".

Then at the same time Nation C with 10 members also declares on Nation A and is also able to attack RIGHT AWAY with 2 turn attacks.

Meaning if two 10 man nation declare on one 20 man nation then there is no wait.

Good loophole scenario Anton, but at the same time I still think its pretty far and also unlikely.

You see Nation A has been preparing for days saving turns, whilst Nation B and/or Nation C most likely have not.

The only true advantage in war is TURNS so Nation A should technically and most likely still have the advantage given preparation and factoring in the inactive percentile.

IMO if two 10 man nations get together and take down a 20 man nation that is a good thing, and we need more of that here. You shouldn't be almighty and untouchable just because you have 20 members.

-Chris-
01-31-2009, 19:38
Is it technically possible to be "prepared" for war with every nation but never declare?

MAGGIO
01-31-2009, 21:53
Is it technically possible to be "prepared" for war with every nation but never declare?

regardless of technicalities and small probabilities, i still think its a fair shake for all involved.

Missionary
02-02-2009, 09:21

when your "preparing" for war its exactly the same as declaring. just means you have to wait before you get the 2 turn attacks.

ok.. well i can take it out and make it so it just says "USA is preparing for war" and then when war is actually declared then it will state who it is.. meanwhile the nation USA is preparing against will still receive instant notifications that war is coming..

Seeing this is your idea you will be awarded a 5 yr free premium account.. :)

yea right jk, what you really are awarded is the endless modding of the W&R section cause now there will constant threads from people seeking who is USA going to war against... :) Enjoy your time spent! lol

dammit, i withdrawl my surgestion. go for how it was before :P

nosejam
02-02-2009, 15:53
when your "preparing" for war its exactly the same as declaring. just means you have to wait before you get the 2 turn attacks

I didn't think it was like that, you still have to declare war once you've waited the however many hours.

MAGGIO
02-02-2009, 17:17
you have to declare war to "prepare". Just using the word "prepare" instead "wait".

nosejam
02-02-2009, 17:29
Once the "ready" time has expired you will then be able to declare war.
NOTE: You actually have to declare war AFTER you have prepared for war.
So now going to war is a 2 step process.

This suggests otherwise

Missionary
02-02-2009, 17:50
huh, didnt notice that. so surely you could do this to several nations and then call several of them off?

FeaRLezZoN3
02-03-2009, 05:13
awsome, I love it!PT:::

ooga booga
02-03-2009, 11:22
Say Nation A declares preparations on Nation B. The time frame wears off, but Nation A waits and doesn't declare "war" right away on Nation B. Can Nation B declare war on A, without having to go through the time frame already since B prepped for war against A?

Now try and interpret that one. :P But seriously I would like to know. :D

nosejam
02-03-2009, 11:29
Yeah I was thinking that too Ooga, It looks like Nation B would have to make preparations as well. But would like official confirmation on this.

Mr President
02-03-2009, 16:49

Yes it is possible but i'm sure there would be some diplomatic fallout from doing so.

Say Nation A declares preparations on Nation B. The time frame wears off, but Nation A waits and doesn't declare "war" right away on Nation B. Can Nation B declare war on A, without having to go through the time frame already since B prepped for war against A?

Now try and interpret that one. :P But seriously I would like to know. :D

If nation A prepares to war nation B but then does NOT actually declare war against them, then yes nation B would have to prepare for war.

If nation A does declare war, then Nation B will automatically have the 2 turn rule as well.. Atleast until nation A declares peace and then they would have to prepare as well. (if they chose to continue the battle)

If nation C wants in on the war, they too must prepare for war before actually being able to declare war..

NOTE: Going to war is now a 2 step process. FIRST, you must "Prepare" for war. This sets a time frame (depending on defending nations size). Once the time frame has passed, you then must actually declare war in order to gain the 2 turns per attack feature.

Simply preparing for war does nothing for turns.. It can be used diplomatically as a way to prove to a nation your serious when tempers flare. And it can be used for other things too.. But mainly all it is for is a fancier way of the previous time limit WoW use to have.

ooga booga
02-03-2009, 20:38
Yes it is possible but i'm sure there would be some diplomatic fallout from doing so.

If nation A prepares to war nation B but then does NOT actually declare war against them, then yes nation B would have to prepare for war.

If nation A does declare war, then Nation B will automatically have the 2 turn rule as well.. Atleast until nation A declares peace and then they would have to prepare as well. (if they chose to continue the battle)

If nation C wants in on the war, they too must prepare for war before actually being able to declare war..

NOTE: Going to war is now a 2 step process. FIRST, you must "Prepare" for war. This sets a time frame (depending on defending nations size). Once the time frame has passed, you then must actually declare war in order to gain the 2 turns per attack feature.

Simply preparing for war does nothing for turns.. It can be used diplomatically as a way to prove to a nation your serious when tempers flare. And it can be used for other things too.. But mainly all it is for is a fancier way of the previous time limit WoW use to have.

O.K., thank you for this clarification. So if a nation uses a preparation on my nation as a smokescreen, I would actually have to declare preparations back on them in order to declare war if they didn't declare war on me.

Although... I would prefer it where I could declare war on them. :P Since they had the nerve to prepare against me why do I have to do the same against them? :( But I guess that makes sense.

Crimson Shadow
02-03-2009, 21:46
I have a suggestion to remedy the declare preparation on all nations. Make it so if war isn't declared after x hours then the preparation is automatically dropped.

EDIT: I see pres already mentioned this in another thread :S

MAGGIO
07-08-2009, 13:22
Obviously, some discussion has come up in this game about the retaliation function. I'd like some discussion on how it might work in this game.

The intended function is that people will use it instead of declaring war to do a retaliation.

Some additional functions:

1. It could be used to circumvent wait time on war.

If Nation A wants to FS Nation B, they could use "retaliation" and strike without waiting. Or, as we've seen, Nation A can declare on Nation B using normal war, and Nation B can respond with "retaliation".

Now, we both know that a FS often decides a war. If it's even numbers, the nation that FS's will win the war. I don't think I've seen otherwise.

I think we should add a function similar to how the retaliation function was used this set.

This function would look like "If Nation A declares on Nation B, Nation B can strike in the time it takes for war declaration to go through".

I think it makes sense in balancing out the FS--as Nation B probably won't be able to muster much in 2 hours, but might be able to take out one state.

It doesn't make much sense in the fact that Nation A is prepped for war but gets hit before it actually goes to war.

However, I think it might balance out the FS of the game a little bit.

Also, call it a different name, so we don't get confused with "retaliation" lol. And this isn't about the current war, but a function of the game, so if Mods can keep an eye on that...

moved from another thread