PDA

View Full Version : VBookie

Mr President
11-02-2007, 21:00
I know i said we couldn't use this due to the problem that our version of VB 3.6.8 didn't have the proper hook needed to allow us to bet as well as use our cash system. That has been fixed.

Vbookie is now up and running for testing only! I want to mess around with this the first few days before we start putting any credits on sports games. This hack allows us to bet on anything we want. from whoever wins the game to who will make the first TD or who cries first in a chick flick. lol

Odds are totally set up by whoever will become a bookie for the system.

This is what we will need:

We need a couple people who knows sports and how to manage odds. This person will select and create certain bets that he/she will post and allow others to place there bets on. They set the time that bets can be made to and when the payouts happen for the winners. These people need to be honest people.

I think to start out with we will accept 2 people for this position. I will set up a special section in the forums where these bets can be posted. The bookies will be the mods of this section and will control all aspects to the game. This is why we need serious people, cause we can't have people placing bets and a bookie who screws off. I'm sure there will be some serious credits involved in this.

Whoever gets the jobs will be given the % class needed to make the odds and all the other info needed to work the vbookie game.

This is another really cool hack. And if used properly it will bring a lot of fun for us. But i can't stress how important it will be to being honest and serious about the bookie position.

Anyone who wishes to apply for this position please send me a PM and explain why you would be good for the job. We need active people, so if you don't log on daily then don't bother applying.

I don't have the time to be a bookie, nor do i have a clue on how to make good bets with good odds. It's a pretty easy system to work from what i can tell now.

I made a test post in the general section with a bogus bet just to see how things work..

I'll try and get the bookie section up and going soon.

Mr President
11-02-2007, 21:43
vBookie is a 'bookmakers' or betting extension to vBulletin. It enables authorised members to post Events and Outcomes that forum members can bet on. Each Outcome has its own set of odds, and odds can be modified through the life of an Event (bets that are placed are stored with the prevailing odds, so even if the odds change, your users are paid at the correct rate).

Once the results are known, Events can be settled and forums members awarded their winnings.

Features

master switch to turn vBookie off
option to use uCash, eBux or any other cash/points-system (via Plugins)
settings to restrict the creation of Events to specific user groups
settings to restrict which user groups can bet on Events
settings to restrict which user groups can edit or settle other people's Events
per-Event, specify whether punters may bet on more than one outcome
optional 'charity mode' so that the poorest members of the forum always have something to play with

Hoebawt
11-03-2007, 00:09
Im intrested and i do follow alot of sports

pcgluva
11-03-2007, 00:42
sounds great but im not the best on sports

Mr President
11-03-2007, 10:43
bump

Nat22
11-03-2007, 11:37
this would only work if you have someone who follows both american and european sports otherwise it really isn't fair on us europeans if only american sporting events are covered....

pcgluva
11-03-2007, 11:46
very true

Mr President
11-03-2007, 11:48
Well the best answer for that would be to have one bookie who covers American sports and one for European sports.

The reason someone needs to be active and VERY willing to do this is cause
the bookie finds the events, places the odds and then updates the odds if
they change and then when the event is over he is to go in and click who
won. Once he does that, the payouts are done automatically. But the bookie
has to keep up with what he sets up. if he doesn't then people lose there
credits after awhile. The bookie has 7 days to settle all bets.

Seeing it's football season in the states, i think some if not all games on sunday and monday should be listed and able to bet on.

The bookie can use the odds given in the paper or make up his own odds.

This is why it's a important, busy and active job. But bookies will be paid
well for there services.

ranger2112
11-03-2007, 12:10
anyone with a sports page can be a bookie. lol. are you going to have true spreads..trifecta...(betting on three games or more and moving the line by 4-5 points) will the bookie charge juice? percentage(say 2% for a win and 5% for a loss)

Mr President
11-03-2007, 12:47
The bookie will not make any money off this hack. The losers money goes into the central bank acct which will be used to cover all winning bets.

Whoever the bookies are can use any odds they want. they can follow the ones posted in sports pages or they can make up there own.. It's totally up to them to run the show.

If a member places a bet and the odds change, the bookie will go in and change the odds, and all bets will be automatically updated. it's a self running system, the only thing that has to be entered is the Game, odds, and then you have to select who the winner of the game. The system takes care of the rest.

Here is a pic of what the "set up" screen looks like.

ranger2112
11-03-2007, 15:19
ahhh ok. coolio

Crimson Shadow
11-03-2007, 15:38
I'm very knowledgeable about all sports....however when it comes to bets I'm a little lacking lol

ESPN.go.com is very helpful for tracking scores for any sport in any country......if this would help anyone interested in the job.

ranger2112
11-03-2007, 15:46
i have a little knowledge of betting

Satan666
11-03-2007, 17:21
I would guess that the Bookie can never Bet. It would only make sense.

ooga booga
11-03-2007, 17:36
I'm very knowledgeable about all sports....however when it comes to bets I'm a little lacking lol

ESPN.go.com is very helpful for tracking scores for any sport in any country......if this would help anyone interested in the job.

hehe thanks, but if someone is taking the job and already interested in sports I'm sure they are probably very well aware of ESPN.com :P And if they're not then they should definitely not have the position, lol. This system is looking really cool so far. I already sent an application cause I would love to be a "Bookie" but even if I am not I will very well participate in the betting. This feature looks really awesome and I'm anxious for it to come out.

Edit: As a side note can a Bookie also place bets or are they restricted since they are sort of setting up the odds and stuff? Cause if they love sports that much and can't be able to bet that kinda stinks, again I guess that's where you stressed you wanted someone fair and honest at the position, but ya just wondering if the Bookie is allowed to place bets.

Mr President
11-04-2007, 17:48
That's a good question. Right now i'm don't know if a bookie will be able
to bet. Part of me says why not cause nobody knows who will win what,
but then the other part can see issues down the line if the bookie keeps
winning a lot of credits. Members might complain some seeing the bookies
are the ones setting up the odds..

Now, the bookies will be checked on from time to time. Admins will run scams
and check odds and payouts. The bookie will never know when this will happen. If a bookie if caught cheating in anyway, then they will receive a
perm ban from the forums and the game. That is how serious i am about
this bookie position.

But in all honesty, i don't think anyone in here would do anything like that.
But i just needed to make sure everyone knew.

My plan is to have this hack up and running 100% by next weekends games.

ooga booga
11-05-2007, 20:10
Sounds pretty cool, I'm looking forward to this new application. :) I can see my credits going down the drain already, lol. Is there a time-table in which people will know if they are the bookie? :p

Mr President
11-05-2007, 20:13
I will let everyone know tomorrow who has been picked for the positions.

That way those chosen will have a couple of days to get use to it. I would
like to have opening day on thursday. That way there will be enough time
to place bets by Sunday's games.

Satan666
11-05-2007, 20:38
just to remind the person that becomes the bookie, set it up so no one can bet on sunday at all that way people aren't waiting until the game is almost over and bet all their credits.