PDA

View Full Version : Nation Wars Bookie's

Mr President
11-06-2007, 11:10
We have received lots of applications for these 2 positions. Our decisions were based on a few things with experience being the main one. I would like
to congratulate the following 2 people for there new positions.

ooga booga

Ranger

Ranger ran our little betting game in the USA forums back in the day and Ooga
is very familiar with odds and sports. For now we will only have 2 bookies setting up bets. They will work together and decide who will cover what events. We are still working out what we are going to do about the European games to keep it fair for those who don't live in the states or follow our games. Ranger and ooga will help with this process too.

Many of you were qualified for the position too, but also many of you already have positions in this forum. I really felt that we needed to spread
around the opportunities a little. Not to mention that current jobs take up
enough time too.

We don't know how well this hack will do, we may end up needing more bookies if it gets big enough, so don't completely count yourselves out just yet. And also, if these guys don't do there job then they will be fired lol..

Congrats guys!

ooga booga
11-06-2007, 11:39
Thank you Mr. P! I think this is a great addition to the forums and I look forward to setting this up with ranger for everyone to use. I know there are quite a few European people on here and not to worry I'll try and be following more closely to sports over there so you won't be left out in the events. I want everyone to be able to be actively gambling on here as I know I love gambling and you shouldn't be left out based on geographical location, lol.

ranger2112
11-06-2007, 11:54
I plan to focus on football as there are weekly vs several a game. baseball is over and the NBA is just kicking off. if there are big NBA fans here please IM me with your teams and i will include them as well or if anyone has a sport or sporting team they really like please IM me at least 5 days prior to game so i can include it. also any other event that you are interested that may not be sports related please contact me in plenty of time so that we may post

Mr President
11-06-2007, 12:02
At this time, bookies ARE allowed to bet on games. I don't see how a bookie
can cheat seeing this hack is fully automated and bookies can't control who really wins a game.

BUT, bookies DO NOT make any commissions from the bets. They make a salary just like everyone else.

We may review this later on down the road and change it if needed, but i think it will be fine.

Also, let's not forget that some serious cash (credits) can be won or lost with this hack. So please make sure you only bet what you can afford. If you make a bet and can't pay the loss, then you go into a negative credit rating which will keep you from betting again till you get it back up. If it becomes a regular thing for you to do, then you will be banned from the bookie hack..

Nat22
11-06-2007, 12:06
great so we get two americans and everything is focused on American Football and Basketball and when the Baseball season starts again that will too......

No English Football, Rugby, Tennis, Golf (lol couldn't resist) and I bet we won't get any of the European events to bet on either....

This really isn't going to be fair on any of the Europeans that play....

ranger2112
11-06-2007, 12:08
ooga keeps up with more Euro sports than i do, so i will leave it up to him to get YOUR input as to sporting events in the euro arena that are important to members, as i am not well versed in these i will stick to mainly American events.

PLEASE everyone IM us with any sporting event or event you want to bet on with enough advance notice so that we can include it . WE DO NOT want to leave anyone out.

ooga booga
11-06-2007, 12:30
great so we get two americans and everything is focused on American Football and Basketball and when the Baseball season starts again that will too......

No English Football, Rugby, Tennis, Golf (lol couldn't resist) and I bet we won't get any of the European events to bet on either....

Nat I know you are concerned but relax I will be adding European events that you guys can bet on. I'm a big follower of tennis and golf, and I will start monitoring rugby. English Football is a given, I follow soccer a bit here in the U.S. and will do my research to get the Football events on here that Europeans follow and can bet on. You can PM me for suggestions and specific games that you would like to see, and you can be sure I'll have it in if you give me a few days advance. Don't stress out because you live in a different country, I'll be doing my best to include you. :thumbup:

Mr President
11-06-2007, 12:42

Let's all remember that this is a brand new hack. Not everything is going to be included right at first. The Bookies have agreed to keep track of European sports to help people who don't live in the states be able to bet too.

I was looking for someone who didn't live in the states, but nobody other than US people applied.

let me add this too, right now we have 2 bookies. If this is as popular as i think it will be, then we will prolly add 1 or 2 more bookies to help cover as many events as we can.
Right now the members can help out by letting the bookies know what games they would like to see covered. Doesn't mean all will be at first, but it helps them build up to what
people would like to see.

ooga booga
11-06-2007, 13:05
Nat, I plan to have betting on The Heineken Cup this weekend. I don't know if the hack will be running in time for ample betting for the first 2 Friday's games, but I plan to have all the Saturday and Sundays games of round 1 this weekend which is the majority of the games anyway. I'm hoping a bunch of our European members will be betting on it, and please really feel free to PM me with ideas, suggestions, comments, question, teams you want to see in the events, etc. I know there's a few big tournaments coming up in the last couple months of the year, so don't think you will be left out. :)

ranger2112
11-06-2007, 14:02
should this hack be ready by thursday, i will have the NFL games up and the top 25 action in College Football. if there is a non-top 25 game that someone wants i need a pm by wednesday evening. thanks all.

Missionary
11-06-2007, 15:47
I was looking for someone who didn't live in the states, but nobody other than US people applied.

ah what, you took applications? lmao, missed that :)

with football (not "soccer") i would advice picking just the champions league games as there isnt to many europeans here, well definatly not enough to focus on individual leagues. not got a clue with rugby on a club level, maybe just include some international games for us to bet on.

not that this is related to sport but closer to the time how about doing something like a bet for whats going to be xmas number one or something like that? could be funny lol.

Crimson Shadow
11-06-2007, 16:49
Congrats Ranger and Ooga.

A couple of American sports you may have forgotten about
-NHL (Just started)
-NASCAR (Almost over)
-College Basketball (Starting soon)
-Golf (Not sure how this could be encorporated)

ooga booga
11-06-2007, 17:12
Not to worry, just because we haven't mentioned it doesn't mean we have forgotten about it! But yes keep bringing up ideas and sports or topics you would like to see up there, your input helps! I've talked to ranger a little bit about NHL and NASCAR and we may do certain games pending on request. Golf I'm also not sure how that could be encorporated as there are usually what... 140 or 170 golfers to start each tournament? lol, but maybe a year round thing we could have going instead of individual tournaments. I know the Ryder Cup we can and will definitely have the golfing events. My girlfriend goes nuts for college basketball (don't know why, she's a Syracuse fan) so I'm sure we can add those too if people request them. College basketball has in fact already started this past week. :p

Nat22
11-06-2007, 17:37
Let's all remember that this is a brand new hack. Not everything is going to be included right at first. The Bookies have agreed to keep track of European sports to help people who don't live in the states be able to bet too.

let me add this too, right now we have 2 bookies. If this is as popular as i think it will be, then we will prolly add 1 or 2 more bookies to help cover as many events as we can.
Right now the members can help out by letting the bookies know what games they would like to see covered. Doesn't mean all will be at first, but it helps them build up to what
people would like to see.

Fair enough you say that they will have european events as well but i bet my hat lol that it's 90% American events and 10% European events. Which really aint fair!

Mr President
11-06-2007, 17:41
Fair enough you say that they will have european events as well but i bet my hat lol that it's 90% American events and 10% European events. Which really aint fair!

What would you like us to do? If you were so worried about European sports being added then why didn't you apply for the position?

It's new. Some things will be added sooner than others. We are trying to make it as fair as possible for everyone. But things don't happen overnight.

ooga booga
11-06-2007, 17:43
I will be putting on all of Saturdays Football League Championship games tomorrow morning once I view the results of tonights games into consideration of the odds. There's 11 events right there that you guys can bet on! I can also do the Premier League if you wish, but I need your guys feedback and suggestions! Vinnie mentioned the Championship League games so those will all be on there. If there's something you want, please PM me, send me a message on MSN, on here, whatever and I'll put it up! :) I'm off to class at the moment but you can easily contact me and tell me what teams/sports you want to see up there tomorrow to bet on for this weekend.

Nat22
11-06-2007, 17:48
What would you like us to do? If you were so worried about European sports being added then why didn't you apply for the position?

It's new. Some things will be added sooner than others. We are trying to make it as fair as possible for everyone. But things don't happen overnight.

why didn't i apply.... hmmm maybe because like u said people who applied who already had positions didn't get them because u wanted to spread the wealth.....

i'm not asking for things to happen overnight.... i'm just saying that it isn't fair to have a load of U.S events and not cater in the same way for the non-americans amongst us. i just think things should be equal for everyone and not have americans getting advantages because of who's a bookie....

@ ooga premier league is the top league and so more people are likely to have an idea about those games rather than the championship which is the the league below....

Mr President
11-06-2007, 18:00
why didn't i apply.... hmmm maybe because like u said people who applied who already had positions didn't get them because u wanted to spread the wealth.....

Nope sorry this is NOT true. I never said anything about that till AFTER the picking was done. If you go back and read this post :

http://forums.nation-wars.com/showpost.php?p=8287&postcount=8

You will see that right from the start i was thinking we needed someone OUTSIDE of the US to help run this and keep it so EVERYONE has a fair shot.

I agree it's not fair to have it all US sports. That is why we are trying to get European sports listed and followed.

Nat22
11-06-2007, 18:17
Nope sorry this is NOT true. I never said anything about that till AFTER the picking was done. If you go back and read this post :

http://forums.nation-wars.com/showpost.php?p=8287&postcount=8

You will see that right from the start i was thinking we needed someone OUTSIDE of the US to help run this and keep it so EVERYONE has a fair shot.

I agree it's not fair to have it all US sports. That is why we are trying to get European sports listed and followed.

i know u said it after.... i just assumed it would be the case and it is...

don't get me wrong i'm happy with who has been appointed... just want to make sure everything is fair for everyone by having the european sports/events on an even parr with the american ones...

Mr President
11-06-2007, 18:43
I have set up different categories for each sporting event. now instead of having to go through a list of all of them, you can select NFL, or college football or Nascar ect ect to see what bets are being offered. This should make it a little easier for everyone to keep track of all the offered bets.

Each week after the event has taken place and the payouts granted, all the old ones will be deleted and new one will be added. This should save some
server space.

Post counts do not rise in these sections.

ranger2112
11-06-2007, 18:48
should make it easier on us too