PDA

View Full Version : Plane crash in Buffalo, NY

ooga booga
02-13-2009, 01:32
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/577959.html

49 confirmed dead, no survivors whatsoever. This just happened in Clarence, NY, which is a suburb, which is 20 minutes from my apartment. I feel so bad for their families.

pvtmutter20
02-13-2009, 08:07
its a tragedy...amazingly it only destroyed 1 house when it crashed.

pcgluva
02-13-2009, 09:02
ooggaa hit me up when u get back on we will finish our conversation from last night

Hoebawt
02-13-2009, 13:38
You guys put Cyber sex on pause?

pcgluva
02-13-2009, 14:27
no newark is about 30 mins from my house and the crash was 20 mins from him we herd about it right after it happened

Hoebawt
02-13-2009, 14:39
cover up

Bram Gotink
02-13-2009, 16:43
cover up

Shut up, this is supposed to be a serious thread.

I hadn't heard anything, until one of my professors used it as an example this morning :s
I do feel bad about singing "If a plane were to fall from the sky, how big a hole would it make in the surface of the earth?..." (by the editors) all day :(

This is the kind of stuff that should never happen ...

ooga booga
02-13-2009, 17:08
Shut up, this is supposed to be a serious thread.

I hadn't heard anything, until one of my professors used it as an example this morning :s
I do feel bad about singing "If a plane were to fall from the sky, how big a hole would it make in the surface of the earth?..." (by the editors) all day :(

This is the kind of stuff that should never happen ...

Indeed that would be the ideal world. Unfortunately planes are made by humans, and humans make mistakes. As do the machines. I'm still not sure if the weather played a part in it or not. The weather here yesterday was going through a big transition. We were getting a cold front, and all the rain was turning to ice, and a sleet/snow. The roads were pretty bad, but we are use to it here so we don't think much of it. I don't think the weather would do that to a small plane though, even with the high winds we were sustaining. I think it must have been a mechanical malfunction. Either way it's a shame. Would be nice to be able to prevent stuff like this from happening.

ooga booga
02-13-2009, 17:10
Many of the residents are from my area. They just mentioned a couple that are from the town I'm in. That's sad to think they lived right down the street from me.

pvtmutter20
02-13-2009, 19:16
i was watching the evening news and they mentioned that it was supposedly ice build up on the wings that caused the the plane to come down...

i'm pretty sure this is just speculation because they are still analyzing the black box.

Bram Gotink
02-14-2009, 09:16
Indeed that would be the ideal world. Unfortunately planes are made by humans, and humans make mistakes. As do the machines. I'm still not sure if the weather played a part in it or not. The weather here yesterday was going through a big transition. We were getting a cold front, and all the rain was turning to ice, and a sleet/snow. The roads were pretty bad, but we are use to it here so we don't think much of it. I don't think the weather would do that to a small plane though, even with the high winds we were sustaining. I think it must have been a mechanical malfunction. Either way it's a shame. Would be nice to be able to prevent stuff like this from happening.

It's time for the robots to take over then ... Okay, humans make mistakes, errare humanum est, but everyone knows that building planes is a job where you can't afford to make any...

ooga booga
02-14-2009, 20:51
It's time for the robots to take over then ... Okay, humans make mistakes, errare humanum est, but everyone knows that building planes is a job where you can't afford to make any...

This is true. I've been hearing reports that it actually was weather related now. Like I mentioned before the rain was starting to turn to ice with the big cold front that day/evening. They think one of the engine's froze over.

I think it's ironic though, that the plane was built in Canada. You would think they would make planes that would suit the weather especially coming from them.

pcgluva
02-14-2009, 21:45
all planes are built relativly the same.... each have deicing mechanics.... i herd some of the radio talk between the tower and some other planes it was a matter of mins that the air started to fill with ice... some planes were getting hit others werent...