PDA

View Full Version : Nation-Wars Resurrection V1.06 (Changes for Next Set)

Mr President
02-13-2009, 17:44
Seeing that all my game files for the new game are now gone, there will be some added changes to Resurrection till the new server opens (which looks like won't happen till around the end of 09 or later)

-Preparation-

This will be reinstated next set as all bugs have been cleared.

-Support Center-

There will be a tab on the menu where new members will be able to create a ticket for any questions they have. All questions will remain private and only the admins and member who created the ticket will be able to see.

-Saved Intels-

When a member does a Intel Spy Op all information will be stored and the member can go back at anytime and look at it. There will be a tab called "Saved Intels" and when clicked it will list out all the intels you have done during the set.

I haven't fully decided if this will be a Prem only feature or not.

-Auto Nation Join-

New members who would like to learn the game in a safe environment will be able to click a button and be auto placed in a designated Training Nation that will help teach him/her how to play the game. They will be able to join/leave this nation whenever they choose and it WILL NOT count against there join nation limits.

Any non new member who tries to abuse this tool will lose his/her state and possibly banned from the game for the rest of the set. This is being set up to help gain and keep new members to the game. So there is a 0 tolerance policy with this feature.

-Land Dropping-

Will be removed from the game!

northbabylon
02-13-2009, 17:56
-Land Dropping-

=O

Well about time...how are you going to do that? make it so you can't drop to less then 5k land or somethhing?

pcgluva
02-13-2009, 17:58
make it so you can only drop a set amount of land per 24 hours

ooga booga
02-13-2009, 17:59
-Land Dropping-

=O

Well about time...how are you going to do that? make it so you can't drop to less then 5k land or somethhing?

lol... actually... I think LDing give bigger war nations a better chance as they have more turns to use. Us little guys, like in our current war, can't get anywhere without LD's. So basically you just crippled all small nations from ever trying to kill anyone. Down with the President!! :P ;) :D

Divine Intervention
02-13-2009, 19:10

Drop Free land: x

remove this from "Destroy" page. simple :glare:
saved intel is really really really cool idea. awesome stuff. this is the type of changes we need. good job Mr P :)

Mr President
02-13-2009, 19:12
lol... actually... I think LDing give bigger war nations a better chance as they have more turns to use. Us little guys, like in our current war, can't get anywhere without LD's. So basically you just crippled all small nations from ever trying to kill anyone. Down with the President!! :P ;) :D

um i have seen your warring skills this set even when land dropping is in the game... So i really don't see much difference when it's gone! :)

PT::: :P

Mr President
02-13-2009, 19:13
Drop Free land: x

remove this from "Destroy" page. simple :glare:

it's exactly all i plan to do :)

Dogma
02-13-2009, 19:27
Doesn't posting intels in your nation's forums do the same as "saved intels"? I just thought that was what everybody did.

Calvin74
02-13-2009, 23:13
Doesn't posting intels in your nation's forums do the same as "saved intels"? I just thought that was what everybody did.

nah some of us are pretty lazy

however i think a cool thing to do would make all nation intels saved in 1 spot as well and leadership could give out the perms to see those spy ops

Dogma
02-13-2009, 23:50
nah some of us are pretty lazy

however i think a cool thing to do would make all nation intels saved in 1 spot as well and leadership could give out the perms to see those spy ops

I paid for my perm, I wouldn't give any away

pcgluva
02-14-2009, 08:26
i agree that it should save to a spot where everone can see them if they have a priv or only prem members get to visit that page

Guy77
02-14-2009, 13:24
Your taking away land dropping :( that sucks

It will just make wars harder and more time consuming, though more challenging, so i guess it is worth it - Besides our member count doesn't really constitute "Big Wars" where land dropping would even make a difference

Your adding saved intel - that is epic

You have no idea how many times i accidently closed my intel page, and been like " oh i'm dumb, guess i should do that op again"

Is it going to save all intels done? or just state info? ( i would assume all but doesn't hurt to ask)

Mr President
02-14-2009, 16:59
When a member does a Intel Spy Op all information will be stored

This feature is only for intels.. None of the other spy ops will be saved at this time. Although i'm considering Calvins idea.. :)

k959
02-14-2009, 19:57
if you do make it so all intels are saved for the nations leader to decide who can see veiw them i would say that they would have to have the Priv from the nation leader as well as a perm account i mean hell were paying to play without ad's and getting bounes turns automaticly... and i would say that this might encourage some more people to buy perms so they dont have to do a spy op every time they are on and looking at someone to grab if they are around the same net as when the last spy op was made

L P
02-15-2009, 02:19
I'm gonna miss land dropping.:crying:

and all the hootinanny it caused.:P

Calvin74
02-15-2009, 11:48
I paid for my perm, I wouldn't give any away

no you paid for your prem account
not your perms ingame unless of course your nation leader is making a killing off you:P

Dogma
02-15-2009, 12:53
no you paid for your prem account
not your perms ingame unless of course your nation leader is making a killing off you:P

Are you saying Privs?

Bram Gotink
02-15-2009, 14:11
Prem = premium account
Priv = priv, duh

But what's a perm? Does it bite? Can you eat it?

Crimson Shadow
02-15-2009, 19:37
Perm is something that women do to their hair to make it curly :P

Calvin74
02-18-2009, 21:37
Prem = premium account
Priv = priv, duh

it is a permission
yes i know ingame it says privilege but the word that fits that better is permission

Max Logan
02-19-2009, 13:40

state secret! :o

P.S. Now i know why Dogma and Calvin don`t post much

Calvin74
02-19-2009, 19:21
state secret! :o

P.S. Now i know why Dogma and Calvin don`t post much

they don't let us old senile people out much:(

Missionary
02-20-2009, 05:23
Prem = premium account
Priv = priv, duh

shhhhh, let him call it what he wants. dont question him: he gets antsy, refuses to take his medication and it takes hours to calm him down :cursing:

Max Logan
02-20-2009, 15:34
they don't let us old senile people out much:(

it`s called old age! when your more wise then everyone wants you to be, so they stuff you in old peoples house and don`t care about you until you meet again, start to talk and they remember why they out you away! :p

Mr President
02-22-2009, 13:36
The support ticket feature has been implemented. I did this for the last days
of the set so people will have time to test it a little if they want. If you do test it, please make sure you include the word test in the subject line.

This system will replace a few sections on the forums. From this system you will now be able to:

Report Bugs
Ask for help
Report Account problems
Report Cheaters

Starting Next set, please use this form to report all the above issues..

thank you!

Crimson Shadow
02-22-2009, 15:36
Personally, I would rename Support Ticket to something that is clear to what it is.
Like Support/Help or something simple and direct.

Mr President
02-27-2009, 20:31
Seeing that all my game files for the new game are now gone, there will be some added changes to Resurrection till the new server opens (which looks like won't happen till around the end of 09 or later)

-Preparation-

This will be reinstated next set as all bugs have been cleared.

-Support Center-

There will be a tab on the menu where new members will be able to create a ticket for any questions they have. All questions will remain private and only the admins and member who created the ticket will be able to see.

-Saved Intels-

When a member does a Intel Spy Op all information will be stored and the member can go back at anytime and look at it. There will be a tab called "Saved Intels" and when clicked it will list out all the intels you have done during the set.

I haven't fully decided if this will be a Prem only feature or not.

-Auto Nation Join-

New members who would like to learn the game in a safe environment will be able to click a button and be auto placed in a designated Training Nation that will help teach him/her how to play the game. They will be able to join/leave this nation whenever they choose and it WILL NOT count against there join nation limits.

Any non new member who tries to abuse this tool will lose his/her state and possibly banned from the game for the rest of the set. This is being set up to help gain and keep new members to the game. So there is a 0 tolerance policy with this feature.

-Land Dropping-

All of these listed above have now been implemented. I will also be adding in the new message part where it will tell you if the message is to the whole nation or just a single state.

Good luck this round to everyone!

Mr President
02-27-2009, 22:43
Also......... I have added an old theme back in the game. So now those of you who don't "love" the blue, can change to another color :)

nosejam
03-01-2009, 09:38
-Auto Nation Join-

Who chooses this nation? Or is it a noob only nation (with whatever teachers are there) which can't be warred upon?

Mr President
03-01-2009, 11:57
Who chooses this nation? Or is it a noob only nation (with whatever teachers are there) which can't be warred upon?

I chose the nation this would happen to. Well after they volunteered of course.

MAGGIO
03-01-2009, 12:34
Black theme huh....I hope you dont have to implement every change twice like before...

It looks good i must say. I sent over a new banner image with adjusted colors.

Mr President
03-01-2009, 15:01
Black theme huh....I hope you dont have to implement every change twice like before...

It looks good i must say. I sent over a new banner image with adjusted colors.

No now i don't have to do everything twice like before.. I got smart about it and now all i have to do is load things in one place and it will show on all themes :)

Divine Intervention
03-01-2009, 20:16
so what nation is trainer nation :huh:?

Mr President
03-01-2009, 20:33
SLOB

Missionary
03-02-2009, 07:37
i dont like the security of the training nation idea. have it so they can join a training nation but dont have it so they cant be warred. already they have 10 members and from what i can see only 1 of them are new. people who dont want to war are just going to hide in this nation.

Divine Intervention
03-02-2009, 12:01
wait, we can't war SLOB :crying:?
jks :p

Dogma
03-02-2009, 12:16
No one said you can't war SLOB. I would just hope that is doesn't become a War fest on us. If we are to train new players, war is part of the game. I would only hope that some discretion is used in picking targets. Plus, I have more than one new player. As far as I can tell, I have 3.

@ Vinnie We are trying to make it so that not just anyone can join SLOB to hide from war. Mr P and I are monitoring who joins and he has items in place for ppl that try and exploit the training nation status.

Divine Intervention
03-02-2009, 12:17
maybe if SLOBs gonna be training nation give dual strat support a thought? could help with new players who dont like one strat and would consider switching perhaps.

Dogma
03-02-2009, 12:23
The main thing that I am trying to do is to teach the basics of the game ie grabbing, watching finances, navigating the game and such as that. In my opinion, Casher is the easiest to teach the very basics as you can keep from getting red turns easier. The finer points of the game will have to come later in their training process. Not to mention, it looks like we are going tobe warred thiws set by the way ppl are posting in this thread, so we would have to have a single strat supported in order to be able to sustain a war situation.

Missionary
03-02-2009, 12:28
maybe if SLOBs gonna be training nation give dual strat support a thought? could help with new players who dont like one strat and would consider switching perhaps.

i was thinking something like this. i mean if SLOB say they are supporting say indy, what if they want to play casher, farmer. can you have it so the training nation get some sort of tech bonus so all 3 of the strats can be supported that doesnt give them a huge advantage over the other nations?

No one said you can't war SLOB. I would just hope that is doesn't become a War fest on us. If we are to train new players, war is part of the game. I would only hope that some discretion is used in picking targets. Plus, I have more than one new player. As far as I can tell, I have 3.

@ Vinnie We are trying to make it so that not just anyone can join SLOB to hide from war. Mr P and I are monitoring who joins and he has items in place for ppl that try and exploit the training nation status.

i was under the impression who ever was made the training nation you cant declare on them? or have i got that wrong? lol.

Dogma
03-02-2009, 15:33
Well, in my opinion, if training is to take place, that involves the entire game, but as I said I would hope that there would be a little discretion in targetting trainees. I do have 3 newplayers this set and I am trying to get a handle on getting them to see what is what. As many of you know, when some brand new players come in they have the opiniion that they can get it on their own. They often find there is a lot more to it than they thought, so with only one or 2 days in the set, there isno way to have anything more than really a basic contact with them so they will gain alevel of trust in order to listen objectively to whatever advice is being given.

Mr President
03-02-2009, 18:50
i was under the impression who ever was made the training nation you cant declare on them? or have i got that wrong? lol.

There is nothing that prevents you from warring the training nation. But if new members are in there, it would be frowned upon from the community.

Hoebawt
03-02-2009, 20:17
The community doesn't exist... everyone only cares about themselves... so warring SLOB would only piss off ppl in SLOB

Mr President
03-02-2009, 20:20
ok then, warring SLOB would make the admin of the game unhappy and therefor bad bad things would happen.. :)

ranger2112
03-02-2009, 20:23
not to mention, warring SLOB is suicide

Divine Intervention
03-02-2009, 21:42
so is the "SLOB n Training" title reserved for those who are new :p?
*cough*

MAGGIO
03-02-2009, 22:20
it was my recomendation to label those who may be new for not only the community but for the members of slob if you must know.

Divine Intervention
03-02-2009, 22:32
it was my recomendation to label those who may be new for not only the community but for the members of slob if you must know.

hmmm :think:: somethings fishy :think::

Dogma
03-02-2009, 23:07
I make the titles, and if you think I am fishy... oh well. What can I say?

Divine Intervention
03-02-2009, 23:11
its okay, i like fish. especially salmon.

Xavior
03-03-2009, 02:48
I don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but the saved intels colour (white) is unreadable with the black skin.

Dogma
03-03-2009, 11:43
hmmm :think:: somethings fishy :think::

Ok, I understand your "fishy" comment and that situation rectified itself.

Missionary
03-03-2009, 13:10
There is nothing that prevents you from warring the training nation. But if new members are in there, it would be frowned upon from the community.

ah, so it wouldnt matter :P lmao

p.s. we got more new members than you have doggyame......so neh :tongue::

Mr President
03-03-2009, 16:22
I don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but the saved intels colour (white) is unreadable with the black skin.

Thanks Xav.. i'll look into it and fix it.

Xavior
03-05-2009, 02:19
Thanks Mr P, looks good!