PDA

View Full Version : New York Post Cartoon: Connecting Chimp Attack With Obama?

RachelSimpson
02-24-2009, 11:36
Controversy is brewing over a New York Post cartoon that some believe ties this week's chimp attack to President Barack Obama in a racially offensive fashion. New York Post Cartoon Controversy The cartoon, created by Sean Delonas and printed *****URL REMOVED****

:( I think that the New York Post should formally apologize to President Obama

pcgluva
02-24-2009, 14:54
i totally disagree with that, we had a fight about this in my goverment class, and for years comics have used apes to depict many different events throughout history, and honestly while it may have been used to be racist it plays on recent events, we have a thing called freedom of the press, and while he might have very well meant for the monkey to be president obama, he should not be repramanded for it

Last year president bush was refered to as Curious George... did anyone have a problem with this no? but if he was black there would have been a huge problem with it...

some other ape cartoons from history

http://my.loudclick.net/Sites/3890/WWW/assets/images/IrishMonkey.bmp

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/ellis-island/rum-day.jpg
^ this is talking about st patricks day

there is plenty more

northbabylon
02-24-2009, 16:33
only reason why is wasn't a problem for bush was because he was white
IMO ,sorry to some of you here, but i beleive the african american community plays the racist card way way way to often.

pcgluva
02-24-2009, 17:14
thats what i was trying to say andy, and i agree with you honestly i agree alot, yes there is plenty of racism in the world but freedom of the press is freedom of the press

Crimson Shadow
02-24-2009, 18:16
Just so you guys know, I'm pretty sure this is a spam bot since they have been attacking the arcade discussion forum lately.

But since I'm not 100% sure, I'll leave it up to a higher mod to ban/lock.

pcgluva
02-24-2009, 18:42
it was a spam bot but i took out the link to the spam and i think this is a hot topic to be debated soo i posted

Tnova
02-24-2009, 18:44
Crimson was right, spam bot! I did it too PC.

Crimson Shadow
02-24-2009, 19:05
Allow me to move it to a more appropriate area then, since apparently you two are too lazy :P

Tnova
02-24-2009, 19:36
yeah crimson, how about you do something besides just sitting there :P

Blackwater
02-24-2009, 21:25
The Comic was directed at the people who wrote the stimulus bill, members of congress. Also the whole point of the chimp was because of the Chimp incident in CT in which it went crazy and attacked a lady. No racist over tones to it unless you want there to be. Says a lot about people IMO.

pcgluva
02-24-2009, 21:48
thank you blackwater you bring out my point in better words then i could