PDA

View Full Version : China Boycott

BB
11-09-2007, 00:21
Ok I am checking labels and china is out. There trying to kill our kids for petes sake.

Seems every week there is something else being recalled from China.

Mr President
11-09-2007, 00:51
yea, it's getting old.

I find it funny how they were getting mad at us cause the US newsgroups were reporting all of this and it was making them look bad.. awe poor things.. Build the crap right and you wouldn't have to worry about it!

Besides, it's time we slow down there imports here until they start buying more of our stuff..

BB
11-09-2007, 01:04
well you know.. Walmart used to buy america and now there buy china... Sam is turning over in his grave I am sure..

Makes hard for christmas shopping. Gotta check allt he labels before ya buy to make sure it didn't come from china. But you know what... Most of it does

pcgluva
11-09-2007, 01:17
its amazing whats going on, everymornign before school theres another dozen toys being recalled

BB
11-09-2007, 01:42
I got a call last night from my best friend/ She is Fire chief in a community not far from me. She asked me if I had gotten Kayla this toy that has beads that you spray with water and it stays in whatever shape you have made it. She had seen a report on the TV stating it was from china and this stuff they put on it that acts as the glue when you spray the water on it has a chemical in it thats in the date rape drug. And several kids have died from it.

I have seen the toy but thankfully it hasn;t been on kaylas I want list. She had bought her daughter one and immediatly grabbed it up and was headed back to the store with it today.

Its a crying shame this is going on. But what gets me is all this stuff could be made right here in the states. Maybe not cheaper but it could be made here and regulated alot easier. I don't mind paying extra for stuff if I know its not going to kill my kids

Satan666
11-09-2007, 01:57
YAY BB to the rescue. Truely a fireman. (i was going to say Firewoman or fireperson but i figured it works the same as Actor.. no one is going to get that)

Hoebawt
11-09-2007, 03:02
I got a call last night from my best friend/ She is Fire chief in a community not far from me. She asked me if I had gotten Kayla this toy that has beads that you spray with water and it stays in whatever shape you have made it. She had seen a report on the TV stating it was from china and this stuff they put on it that acts as the glue when you spray the water on it has a chemical in it thats in the date rape drug. And several kids have died from it.

I have seen the toy but thankfully it hasn;t been on kaylas I want list. She had bought her daughter one and immediatly grabbed it up and was headed back to the store with it today.

Its a crying shame this is going on. But what gets me is all this stuff could be made right here in the states. Maybe not cheaper but it could be made here and regulated alot easier. I don't mind paying extra for stuff if I know its not going to kill my kids

Where can Mahdi buy this toy?

But in all seriousness thats not coo do u think china might be doign it on purpose? and Right on We need to build up our economy and give our ppl jobs

youngwebsolutions
11-09-2007, 04:39
too be honest, USA is owned for 40% by CHINA already...

(because you guys spend more money than you have..)
THis is gonna become a big problem for USA when China want's their money back!

also the problem of cheap china imports will end soon, since the US Dollar will have no value left soon!

For 1 Euro you get already $1,48
3 years ago, you got only $0.80 for an Euro..

So very soon, china stuff will be too expensive for your and you can produce your own toys again much cheaper than import it from china.. :rolleyes:

pcgluva
11-09-2007, 08:09
latest is from marvel toys of curious george dolls due to lead paint bb, make sure u dont have that either, ya i saw the bead thing, red and yellow paint have more chance of having lead then others but that doesnt mean the others do not have lead, cbs 2 says 30% of parents are not going to buy products from china ill keep u updated on things that pop up in the news around here in NY

MAGGIO
11-09-2007, 14:51
If a USA company contracts a China company to make the stuff, and then the USA company sells it, then It is just as much of the USA companies fault isnt it?

BB
11-09-2007, 16:41
Yes maggio it is...

Mwahahahaha
11-09-2007, 18:48
China is too big to boycott. They're already the biggest holder of US treasury debt, and they're the ones flooding the markets with cheap goods making sure we can continue the party without raising interest rates to rediculous levels to keep inflation down.

Boycotting China would seriously **** the economy, and that goes for every western country, not just the US.

Crimson Shadow
11-10-2007, 12:48
Yeah....where else can we hire labor at $0.40 an hour.

BB
11-10-2007, 12:49
I can refuse to buy toys made in china and thats what I intend to do. Gonna make hard for christmas shopping but better then having my kids harmed

Crimson Shadow
11-10-2007, 12:55
or just buy electronics.....those all come from Japan anyways

Xavior
11-11-2007, 16:19
lmao, i would like to see you try to boycott China.

I love Americans. You complain about illegal immigrants mowing your neighbours lawn for $2 per hour. But as soon as they are kicked out, you complain you have to pay a honest American worker the minimum wage to mow your lawn. (whoa, hang on: Which one of your kids grow up wanting to be a lawn mower in the first place?)

You complain about made=in=China toys being faulty. Why are toys being made in China in the first place? Because its cheap. People there get paid 3 Yuan per hour (8 yuan = 1 CDN) to make cheap toys. Of course there will be problems, if you go and see the conditions they are working in. If you want proper toys, make them yourself. Pay some American worker $10 per hour to make the toys, because i'll guarentee they will be of better quality. But no, if this is done, the price of toys will go up ;) (or hang on.. did you grow up wanting to be stuck in a factory making toys???)

Apart from all of that:
The quality of made in china imports will go up eventually. China realizes it has a reputation, and as it modernizes, it will work hard to protect that. Does anyone here remember when made in Japan/Korea stuff was crap? I mean cars, electronics, no one would touch them for years. But now? Honda, Toyota have better images in the world than Ford, GM. Sony, Toshiba, Samsung dominate the electronics world.

Boycotting China is impossible. Where is your shoes made? Jacket? MP3 player? Doing so will be an economic disaster. The USA housing market is already in the dumps (oh please, selling sub-prime mortgages to people who can't pay the money in the long run?), if this transfers to the overall economy, a recession will be inevitable. Look at your American Dollar. Dropping against every currency. A few years ago, 1 USD = 0.70 CDN. Now? 1 USD = 1.10 CDN. Be thankful for Canadian cross border shoppers. However, the smart consumer will be cautious when buying things anyways. I'll just leave it at that before i get flamed to death :)