PDA

View Full Version : Gulf of Mexico Oil spill

Disorder
07-11-2010, 20:45
Im surprised this topic has not been brought up here.. However, it is a very sad, sad sight here on the coast. My wife and some other family members are at the benifit concery in Gulf Shores this evening. I sure hope BP gets the oil well capped off soon so that we can start the recovery. :angry:

ranger2112
07-11-2010, 22:22
as someone who lives within a stones throw of the spill, I agree with you. I believe it will be fixed very soon. fingers crossed

Dogma
07-12-2010, 00:33
Will be decades before the gulf is able to heal itself. Such a tragic event.

Lord Burch
07-12-2010, 00:49
Wait, this is STILL going on? Hasn't it been three or four months already? How long does it really take to top off the oil spill?

Disorder
07-12-2010, 10:50
Yes, it is still gushing barrels of oil per minute into the gulf.... The wild life has taken a very hard hit from this.

totte
07-13-2010, 06:59
Wait, this is STILL going on? Hasn't it been three or four months already? How long does it really take to top off the oil spill?

well burch think about it it´s 1500 meter below the surface these things take time especialy since the lazy buggers didnt have any fix for something like this figured out before hand as they should have...

Disorder
07-13-2010, 11:36
Maybe they will have it capped off today.. keeping my fingers crossed!!

nosejam
07-13-2010, 14:01
It makes a nice change for the oil to be invading America for once :p

But seriously hope they get this sorted out soon.

-Chris-
07-14-2010, 12:16
Im surprised this topic has not been brought up here.. However, it is a very sad, sad sight here on the coast. My wife and some other family members are at the benifit concery in Gulf Shores this evening. I sure hope BP gets the oil well capped off soon so that we can start the recovery. :angry:
Holla! I was there too. Anyways, Oil spill is systematically raping my state. I live on the coastline in Louisiana and the morale around here is pretty low. Especially wtih all the fishing restrictions going on

Disorder
07-15-2010, 01:14
Holla! I was there too. Anyways, Oil spill is systematically raping my state. I live on the coastline in Louisiana and the morale around here is pretty low. Especially wtih all the fishing restrictions going on

You're soooo right! I think the real impact has yet to be seen!

Disorder
07-15-2010, 21:46
Finally got the oil stopped!! Maybe now we can start the recovery! I know out local economy is hurting very badly because of this.