PDA

View Full Version : A glimpse into the future............

Mr President
03-16-2009, 19:57
I just wanted to let you all know a couple of new things that will be coming down the pike... I'm not going to answer all the questions i'm sure some of you may have right now.. this is just to let you in on some of the new things. when they are released, i will then explain it all and answer questions.

-Bombing Run [BR]-

Bombers will now be useful. They will have their very own attack called "Bombing Run"

this attack is for bombers only and will do the following. when used the Bombing Run will destroy a % of the enemies buildings as well as lower readiness. This attack has been in testing and we feel we have the settings good enough to enter into the game soon. From there we will surely need to tweak it a little more. The readiness loss is not as great of loss as you would get from AA's, but this attack also destroys buildings.. So when used properly it can render a state in pretty bad shape.

[B]-United Nations-

This is still being built. It is 85% done but prolly won't be out till the May set. I still need to complete it, and then have it tested... How the UN will work is, any nation with 4 + members can join the UN. When you are a member of the UN you are able to:

-Send messages directly to other UN leader.
-Send military aid to other UN nations. (up to 10%)
-Send Financial aid to other UN Nations. (up to 10%)
-Send Science tech Aid to other UN Nations (up to 10%)

-Purpose Sanctions to other UN nations against any other UN nation.
-Create public Alliances with other UN Nations

there may be a few more ideas added to this. if you join the UN your nation will be charged a small fee per member, per day. After joining the UN, you can leave after 72hrs, but you will also have to pay a small fee and you will not be able to rejoin the UN for 7 days.

Nations who are members of the UN will have a UN flag listed in the nations scores section.

I know some are worried about the feeding.. That is why i have made it so only 10% of your goods can be sent per time, per 24hr period. Also, anytime a nation send any type of aid it posts it in the Global News.
"The Nation America[USA] has Sent an aid Package Containing $2000000 dollars to America 2[USA2]"

This way every other nation in the game can see who is sending who aid. and with that, the other nations in the game can govern these actions. if you don't like it, kill them :) Infact every action made by a UN member is logged on the Global news. Nations are not required to join the UN, this is simply an option.

If you have an idea that you think would fit into the UN, feel free to post it here. I will not debate them. If i like it, i'll work on adding it and seeing if it fits good.

Anyway, i'm excited about both of these new things happening to our game. As always i'm trying to make the game a little more interesting and fun by adding new things..

:)

Xavior
03-16-2009, 20:02
Can't wait to try out the BR :)

Shabaz K
03-16-2009, 20:05
I just wanted to let you all know a couple of new things that will be coming down the pike... I'm not going to answer all the questions i'm sure some of you may have right now.. this is just to let you in on some of the new things. when they are released, i will then explain it all and answer questions.

-Bombing Run [BR]-

Bombers will now be useful. They will have their very own attack called "Bombing Run"

this attack is for bombers only and will do the following. when used the Bombing Run will destroy a % of the enemies buildings as well as lower readiness. This attack has been in testing and we feel we have the settings good enough to enter into the game soon. From there we will surely need to tweak it a little more. The readiness loss is not as great of loss as you would get from AA's, but this attack also destroys buildings.. So when used properly it can render a state in pretty bad shape.

[B]-United Nations-

This is still being built. It is 85% done but prolly won't be out till the May set. I still need to complete it, and then have it tested... How the UN will work is, any nation with 4 + members can join the UN. When you are a member of the UN you are able to:

-Send messages directly to other UN leader.
-Send military aid to other UN nations. (up to 10%)
-Send Financial aid to other UN Nations. (up to 10%)
-Send Science tech Aid to other UN Nations (up to 10%)

there may be a few more ideas added to this. if you join the UN your nation will be charged a small fee per member, per day. After joining the UN, you can leave after 72hrs, but you will also have to pay a small fee and you will not be able to rejoin the UN for 7 days.

Nations who are members of the UN will have a UN flag listed in the nations scores section.

I know some are worried about the feeding.. That is why i have made it so only 10% of your goods can be sent per time, per 24hr period. Also, anytime a nation send any type of aid it posts it in the Global News.
"The Nation America[USA] has Sent an aid Package Containing $2000000 dollars to America 2[USA2]"

This way every other nation in the game can see who is sending who aid. and with that, the other nations in the game can govern these actions. if you don't like it, kill them :) Infact every action made by a UN member is logged on the Global news. Nations are not required to join the UN, this is simply an option.

If you have an idea that you think would fit into the UN, feel free to post it here. I will not debate them. If i like it, i'll work on adding it and seeing if it fits good.

Anyway, i'm excited about both of these new things happening to our game. As always i'm trying to make the game a little more interesting and fun by adding new things..

keep up the great work you do

i like the 10% rule but its only from one nation, in this game nation have more then one nation as an allie so that 10% easily can be changed to 2-30 or even 40% if they all play in. also i think the 24hr should be changed to 36hr

and is it just Money that can be transfered?

also i think a nation sending aid that said nation should pay some sort of a fee if not the the receiving nation, make to deter more of feeding

just my 2 cheap canadian cents

Mr President
03-16-2009, 20:29
and is it just Money that can be transfered?

also i think a nation sending aid that said nation should pay some sort of a fee if not the the receiving nation, make to deter more of feeding

Military, Money and Tech can be sent in an Aid package to another UN nation.

I did forget to mention it, but there will be a small fee when sending aid.. It will either be a fee or it will use some ships to deliver the shipment.. I'll know more which way to go when i get there.

between having to pay a fee to be in the UN, paying a fee to give an aid package and also having it all listed on the global news for the rest of the nations to govern, i don't think feeding will be an issue.. :)

Tnova
03-16-2009, 20:33
Military, Money and Tech can be sent in an Aid package to another UN nation.

I did forget to mention it, but there will be a small fee when sending aid.. It will either be a fee or it will use some ships to deliver the shipment.. I'll know more which way to go when i get there.

between having to pay a fee to be in the UN, paying a fee to give an aid package and also having it all listed on the global news for the rest of the nations to govern, i don't think feeding will be an issue.. :)

:wimp:back to the cave

Crimson Shadow
03-16-2009, 20:54
-Bombing Run [BR]-

this attack is for bombers only and will do the following. when used the Bombing Run [BR] will destroy a % of the enemies buildings as well as lower readiness. This attack has been in testing and we feel we have the settings good enough to enter into the game soon. From there we will surely need to tweak it a little more. The readiness loss is not as great of loss as you would get from AA's, but this attack also destroys buildings.. So when used properly it can render a state in pretty bad shape.

Do only bombers defend this attack or jets/SAMs or what?

Disorder
03-17-2009, 07:06
Good stuff.. looking great!:thumbup:

DBozMen
03-17-2009, 09:17
Nice going! but watch out for the comma's :D:D:D:D:D

Crimson Shadow
03-17-2009, 09:22

What benefits will public alliances offer?

ooga booga
03-17-2009, 10:41

First question that came to my mind as well. :)

jameswheel
03-17-2009, 14:55
First question that came to my mind as well. :)

Yea its pretty important because if its just bombers vs bombers then they become probably the most important unit in the game.

Divine Intervention
03-17-2009, 15:02

in the testing we are doing atm jets and AGMs defend against it. not sure if bombers do. i can go have a look in a bit.

MAGGIO
03-17-2009, 15:44
how the f would a bomber defend against a bomber? Give the guy some breathing room. He is not going to put out crap.

So many threads have begged for a bomber update and I am sure after extensive research, long thought, and loophole prevention testing Mr. P is going to put out closest to the best product possible.

Honstly I am shocked that people have not been screeming and shouting about the UN idea...and the "donation" situation involved.

The only problem i have with the UN thing is a moral one, not technical. NO MATTER WHAT there is always going to be a nation (or two) that most do not favor. IE, viets, estos, LOR, WLF ect... and I didnt/dont want to see a situation were the UN or community could possibly force out or weaken/single out one particular nation just to burn a witch or two...

Hoebawt
03-17-2009, 15:58
BR Sounds nice :) especially since Cem has been bugging me to use Bombers lol

Crimson Shadow
03-17-2009, 18:13
how the f would a bomber defend against a bomber? Give the guy some breathing room. He is not going to put out crap.

So many threads have begged for a bomber update and I am sure after extensive research, long thought, and loophole prevention testing Mr. P is going to put out closest to the best product possible.

MAGGIO, calm down. I don't see a single post saying that the idea is crap.

All I asked is what will defend the bombing run. I did not make an aggressive post of any kind, nor did anyone else.

MAGGIO
03-17-2009, 19:00
just pushing buttons a bit...

Mr President
03-17-2009, 19:53

Honstly I am shocked that people have not been screeming and shouting about the UN idea...and the "donation" situation involved.

The only problem i have with the UN thing is a moral one, not technical. NO MATTER WHAT there is always going to be a nation (or two) that most do not favor. IE, viets, estos, LOR, WLF ect... and I didnt/dont want to see a situation were the UN or community could possibly force out or weaken/single out one particular nation just to burn a witch or two...

being a member of the UN will not give you any more "power" over another nation. it will just give you small benefits. Like being able to receive aid from other UN nations. A UN nation will not be able to run out any other nation at all. They don't have special powers or special jets or higher NW. It's simply an option that nations can join if they choose too. But again like i said it's not a free service. They will be charged for being a member of the UN..

MAGGIO, calm down. I don't see a single post saying that the idea is crap.

All I asked is what will defend the bombing run. I did not make an aggressive post of any kind, nor did anyone else.

Jets and SAM's defend against the bombers..

Nice going! but watch out for the comma's :D:D:D:D:D

hey you... hush up! :) it was one stupid comma lmao.. dang eyes kept missing it.

Crimson Shadow
03-17-2009, 20:09
What benefits will public alliances offer?

Not sure if you simply missed this one, but it would be nice to know this if you can give this information at this time.

Mr President
03-17-2009, 20:15

not sure if you missed this part of my first post....... :P

seriously though, i don't want to spend a lot of time answering questions about it yet. Cause as i answer one or two then they just keep growing.. And then when these come out, people will ask the same ones and i'll have to either refer them here or answer them again... All i wanted to do was just let you all know some of the cool things headed our way..

Crimson Shadow
03-17-2009, 20:47
not sure if you missed this part of my first post....... :P

seriously though, i don't want to spend a lot of time answering questions about it yet. Cause as i answer one or two then they just keep growing.. And then when these come out, people will ask the same ones and i'll have to either refer them here or answer them again... All i wanted to do was just let you all know some of the cool things headed our way..

I saw that part of your post....I just didn't know if you missed my question is all. Its pretty easy to miss one post in the middle of posts talking about bombing run.

Its alright I can wait to find out :)

MAGGIO
03-18-2009, 09:29

My comment was directed at this UN option

I have to assume that if you can propose sanctions against othe UN nations you HAVE TO be able to propose sactions against non UN nations.

I still think its a good idea and will add more just another communication channel to the game which makes it more interactive.

Mr President
03-18-2009, 16:11
My comment was directed at this UN option

I have to assume that if you can propose sanctions against othe UN nations you HAVE TO be able to propose sactions against non UN nations.

I still think its a good idea and will add more just another communication channel to the game which makes it more interactive.

no it's not like you think it is.. i'll explain it all later :)

MAGGIO
03-18-2009, 17:20
like i said i know that the only things your going to put out is quality.

Shabaz K
03-18-2009, 19:42
Another Question on nations with 4 or more members can send AID?

Mahdi
03-19-2009, 10:01
Woo Hoo I like the UN Idea, i did propose something about a un a long time ago but it wasnt this indepth and no one wanted it :(...

Public Alliance (between A and B)
C dec's A
B dec's C and gets like 5 to 10% strength bonus for coming to the aid of an ally?
And maybe make public alliances have an Auto Dec feature?

just my 2 Amerikan cents

DBozMen
03-19-2009, 12:23
hey you... hush up! :) it was one stupid comma lmao.. dang eyes kept missing it.

Happens to the best of us ;)

-Z-
03-21-2009, 02:39
I spotted that missing comma from way up here in Canada.

some interesting proposals Big Guy, I might have to swing back on ova here one day.

Z

Peace to all you peeps, and Jigger Glad to see u back and healthy.

Z

Missionary
03-21-2009, 06:19

how would that be done? surely its just the same as now, if someone really wanted to single out a nation they would try to get everyone else to war them. that would still be the same but the only difference i can see is the nation doing it will have a UN flag next to it lol. TBH i dont really see the UN idea working to well. but i could be wrong :P

MarineRecon
03-25-2009, 08:03
just a throw out idea that im not givin much thought towards just blabbering cuz im bored lol but anyway mayb pres could make a nation that is the start of the UN and then if sumbody wants to be apart of the UN they must be voted in by pres and once their in if another nation wants to join the UN then the leader of both nations must vote if they should be in or not and so on

also mayb their could be a priv that if ure in the UN u can oversee the other nations in the UN...like u could see their dev/na/bank/members...yes i noe it neglects the intels but idk just throwing out ideas since the UN is suppose 2 be able to watch out for each other and see what their doing...mayb even have an option where u can hide those details from other UN nations which could make it look like ure a threat and cause sum issues lol