PDA

View Full Version : We Need Help - Take 2?

Guy77
08-29-2007, 14:48
Anyway, back onto this topic

I'm not trying to scare people away, i want us to encourage more and more people as we can, but the fact is that the way people play, and the amount we post is a little bit of a turn off

Yes people post

But it ends up being the same 5-6 people all the time, sure i'll chime in, or i'll see pron here and there, but not everyone is as commited as everyone else ( and sure, on silly topics why bother posting) but hey, it shows that we have a good time ( and yeah i realise we all have lives, bear with me)

The thing is, i log on, make my own state, with a few days left, and then i get attacked a multitude of times by SOULS members CCsport and Vinnie to be exact. Now if i was a new member how would i feel? and sure, you think that a new member will join the forums, and you will know who he is, and not attack him anyway, but if i was new i'd want to check out the game before i got involved witht he community, just my personal thoughts. Sure, you have to get involved to learn, but learning on your own is half the fun ;)

What i'm trying to say is we need a better way to recurit, i just don't know what it is, and it definitly isn't "boasting about our game and community" because hey, they both need a little work ;)

pron
08-29-2007, 14:51
Training nation which has all the new players--that way someone can teach them how to play, and all the other nations will know not to kill any of them for being idiots. Can you code that Warlord? Like...removing it's nation cap and everything?

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 14:53
All good points. The multies is something that has to be dealt with in uncoded laws. Like the Nations council. The one that was suggested on the old forums. So if somebody goes out of line he gets the entire council on his ***. I mean, that should teach somebody. Right?

The forum thing. Yeah, I'm trying to post some interesting things here and indeed just a handful of people post. Too bad to see this happen. But hey, if more people would post interesting things, then we would be on a roll.

Warl0rd
08-29-2007, 14:54
i'm sure you can more easilly get 2 ppl to train them, and then u'll be able to arrange training wars and stuff between them...

Guy77
08-29-2007, 14:55
Ironically, i just suggested something like that for RIOT

that might be a semi-decent idea, but the problem is it would create another DaK vs RIOT ordeal

One nation was HUGE but had a ton of new players, one nation was all vets, but got killed just by sheer numbers, as DaK proved, even new players can get kills w/ good leaders ;)

But if we could set something up like that, it would be kinda sweet
We would have to pick someone ( or some group of people) to lead it ( and teach) that arn't really geared to war, and want to teach people the way to play, (and in time the way to war, farm, grab, play the market, etc.....) =P

As a side note ( Hi Pron, i thought you were dead ;) )

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 15:02
Yeah, this isn't exactly WoW.

pron
08-29-2007, 15:03
@ Guy--I'd help with that nation if we could get it set up. I don't think it'd be like Dak vs Riot--because we could set it up so the nation of trainees can't war anyone nor be warred upon--kinda like training wheels. Or at least get the community to recognize them as new, and not war them/hit them a bunch of times for a retal. Then it's only a matter of getting leaders that won't gear the new people for war. After a set or two of training, we kick out the new people and tell them to find a nation that they might like:D.

And I wasn't dead--I think.

@ Spetz--It'd also help if the people posting were under their original accounts and not "newbie". :P

But on a serious note--the council thing wouldn't work right now, but altogether isn't a bad idea. However, it should be a grassroots thing and not a top down kinda thing. People should band together to kill people that don't play according to the rules--that's what makes this game fun:D. If we got upwards of 200-300 people playing, then a 10 man nation that deals some justice to single players wouldn't be a terrible thing at all:D.

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 15:11
Spetz was too hot, couldn't take that one. So I created a new account and started all over again. As I have done many many times on these forums already. Russki, BOBA, Spetz, Newbie and some other names I can't mention because they're pretty faul. Anyways. I'm me Spetz, Newbie, Russki, BOBA... whatever. I'm still responsible for all of them. So yeah if you feel you have to talk to me about it... shoot.

About the nation council.
You didn't understand me. It would be something like the UN. It's nothing that it written, fixed or coded. I mean for all I care you can join the NC and then backstab it. But you would risk the NC's wrath. All I'm saying is that the respectable nations, that think that new nations and states need to be protected and or that some rules should count for all the nations, will enforce it by having this UN like thing. There would be a forum section for nation leaders that are in the council and they would discuss matters such a noob killing, unfair taps or even who mistreated their mother. Than as a community they could act against agressors to noobs, suiciders and multi tappers or whatever. I think this is a great idea. Only I wish that I came up with it.

pron
08-29-2007, 15:16
Spetz was too hot, couldn't take that one. So I created a new account and started all over again. As I have done many many times on these forums already. Russki, BOBA, Spetz, Newbie and some other names I can't mention because they're pretty faul. Anyways. I'm me Spetz, Newbie, Russki, BOBA... whatever. I'm still responsible for all of them. So yeah if you feel you have to talk to me about it... shoot.

About the nation council.
You didn't understand me. It would be something like the UN. It's nothing that it written, fixed or coded. I mean for all I care you can join the NC and then backstab it. But you would risk the NC's wrath. All I'm saying is that the respectable nations, that think that new nations and states need to be protected and or that some rules should count for all the nations, will enforce it by having this UN like thing. There would be a forum section for nation leaders that are in the council and they would discuss matters such a noob killing, unfair taps or even who mistreated their mother. Than as a community they could act against agressors to noobs, suiciders and multi tappers or whatever. I think this is a great idea. Only I wish that I came up with it.

1. I called you out on "newbie" being a fake name of someone already in the forums, and you denied it :P. That's not being responsible for them:P.

2. Yes--that idea is a great idea, and we're on the same page.

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 15:19
1) Back then I couldn't. Mr. P would ban me instantly. Right now we're cool. So I can be proud of my name. I'm sure you'll understand.

2) That's what I thought you'd think. I mean t think that you'd think the thing I think thinking you'd think something else.

pron
08-29-2007, 15:25
1. LOL--I understand.

2. I must've thought that you thought something in the thought of thinking a thought about a thought different than my thought. /hug

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 15:26
1. LOL--I understand.

2. I must've thought that you thought something in the thought of thinking a thought about a thought different than my thought. /hug
Hugs ain't as nice as positive rep.

Warl0rd
08-29-2007, 15:45
I can lead a nation to teach ppl... i'm not part of any atm and i don't plan to get involved as a leader in any competitive nation, i just don't fell right since i'm a game admin...

Guy77
08-29-2007, 15:59
Well, if you guys think this could be a good idea, i'm sure me and pron could definitly set something up and work it out

If the coding can be done? i mean, i'm sure it could, but i don't know how ( i'm not too good yet lol)

Lets get some more views on this over the next day or so before the new set starts, and that will give us time to figure out what we want to do, and who we want to lead, i'd love to do that ( teach/just play in a nation, and help learn, and learn more about the game myself)

Spetznaz_GRU
08-29-2007, 16:30
i think this one could be moved to suggestions already.

pron
08-29-2007, 16:31
Well--I think the only coding we would need would be for the game admin to put up some message explaining which nation is the training nation and the benefits of it--this could be done as an in-game message similar to the top of the screen that we have now--or an email sent to all new accounts that are made.

Otherwise than that--it's just a matter of the community not taking advantage of the newer players. That should be settled among all of us, and not code.

ranger2112
08-29-2007, 16:35
agreed. new players can get hit normally. anyone targeting them with lots of hits would be kicked from nation he/she is in and killed immediately. i am serious too.

Guy77
08-30-2007, 15:55
Never Mind Found It

And as a side note, are we doing this?

ranger2112
08-30-2007, 16:00
i certainly hope so.

Guy77
08-30-2007, 16:03
Alright then, we need to figure out who is running it, and how many members we are actually going to allow in it ( ie: vets, not members) to actually be teachers

ranger2112
08-30-2007, 16:06
make a new thread. asking for say 3 vets. one to lead and two to help train. see who speaks up.

Missionary
08-30-2007, 21:53
@ Guy--I'd help with that nation if we could get it set up. I don't think it'd be like Dak vs Riot--because we could set it up so the nation of trainees can't war anyone nor be warred upon--kinda like training wheels. Or at least get the community to recognize them as new, and not war them/hit them a bunch of times for a retal. Then it's only a matter of getting leaders that won't gear the new people for war. After a set or two of training, we kick out the new people and tell them to find a nation that they might like:D.

this doesnt need to be coded into the game, all it needs is some of the leaders of other nation promicing not to war them and if something happens to discuss it with the leaders of the training nation and the new member itsself. i mean, id be willing to help lead/train the newer members for a set or two.

The thing is, i log on, make my own state, with a few days left, and then i get attacked a multitude of times by SOULS members CCsport and Vinnie to be exact. Now if i was a new member how would i feel? and sure, you think that a new member will join the forums, and you will know who he is, and not attack him anyway, but if i was new i'd want to check out the game before i got involved witht he community, just my personal thoughts. Sure, you have to get involved to learn, but learning on your own is half the fun ;)

i would like to point out i never ever once broke my own retail policy or anyone elses.