PDA

View Full Version : Obama on Guantanamo Bay

Disorder
03-21-2009, 21:21
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama says the U.S. hasn't done a good job sorting out who should be released from the Guantanamo Bay detention center.

Obama says in a broadcast interview that some of the people released from the facility in Cuba have rejoined terrorist groups. He also says U.S. officials have not always been effective in determining which prisoners will be a danger once they are let go.

But he says the Bush administration's policy of holding detainees for years on end with no trials is "unsustainable,' and has only fueled anti-American sentiments.

In a taped interview with CBS' "60 Minutes," he also disputes former Vice President **** Cheney's claim that plans to close Guantanamo will make America less safe.

CBS released excerpts Saturday from the interview. The show will air Sunday evening.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090321/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_guantanamo

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Nice Job Obama :clap::clap::clap::clap:

What a freakin idiot!!!!

Will
03-21-2009, 23:03
Maybe they didn't rejoin terrorist groups, but decided that if the US is going to treat you like a terrorist, might as well become one. :)

Disorder
03-22-2009, 09:17
Maybe they didn't rejoin terrorist groups, but decided that if the US is going to treat you like a terrorist, might as well become one. :)

Or maybe Obama does not appreciate the dangerous job our military did to get these guys off the streets, alive.

Shabaz K
03-22-2009, 13:26
Or maybe Obama does not appreciate the dangerous job our military did to get these guys off the streets, alive.

i don't think bush did any better himself

MAGGIO
03-22-2009, 15:28
were is Z when I need him. I dont have time for any good rants

Divine Intervention
03-22-2009, 16:15
hes back next set :)

Disorder
03-22-2009, 22:58
i don't think bush did any better himself

How can you say that?? Bush put the terrorist there in the first place and prevented them harming the world even more.

Will
03-27-2009, 15:46
How can you say that?? Bush put the terrorist there in the first place and prevented them harming the world even more.

He should have started with himself:)

Shabaz K
03-27-2009, 20:40
Disorder you know how many people got convicted from there/how many got released or how many even there are actually Taliban?