PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market Trading!

Mr President
12-04-2007, 21:04
This add-on gives you the ability to use the credit system to "invest" in stock. You can purchase and sell stock at market values. This plugin uses a stock feed from Yahoo to get real time stock quotes.

This hack does not give you a list of stocks to purchase. You have to know the stock symbol ahead of time by using http://finance.google.com/finance or something like it. You can also use the search and it will come up with the stock symbol too. Say you want to look up AT&T stocks, type in att and click search, it will come up with this: AT (NYSE:ATT) the bold part is the symbol, so you would put ATT in the symbol and then how many you would like to purchase and then click "preview purchase" this will list all the info and if you still want it, then click "purchase"

-Only US stocks can be traded!

-there is a 1% commission charge to all bought and sold stocks.

- Right now there is no time limit on holding the stocks before selling. In the future this will change to a day or 2 before you can trade.

-There is a 5% capitol gains tax on all profits from sold stocks.

The ticker is real time so each time you look up a stock the price you see is what it really is in real life. No you do not make real money with this lol. but this is another way to make a ton of credits.

if you have any questions post them here!

(this is a beta version so i'm expecting a few errors here and there.)

Enjoy!

pcgluva
12-04-2007, 21:49
great more stuff to blow on my money

Crimson Shadow
12-04-2007, 21:52
More stuff to blow money on...but the only way to make money off stock market is to have it invested for 10+ years.

I highly doubt we will be using that program for 10 years lol

Satan666
12-05-2007, 00:50
I dunno if this is going to be one of those "everyone will enjoy" kind of things, Probably just Mr. P and a few more.

Mr President
12-05-2007, 02:42
yea i'm sure not everyone will take part in this. I try to put a assortment of things on here. That way there is something for everyone lol

If this or any other hack doesn't do well then i'll simply remove it.

L P
12-05-2007, 18:00
Could lead to more donations.... :closedeyes:

Warl0rd
12-07-2007, 17:08
br /><strong>Warning</strong>: file(http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=Google Inc&amp;f=snl1vc1p2d1t1xpk1

) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 400

Bad Request

in <strong>/includes/class_stocktrader.php</strong> on line <strong>57</strong><br /><br /><strong>Warning

</strong>: implode() [<a href='function.implode'>function.implode</a>]: Bad arguments. in <strong>/includes

/class_stocktrader.php</strong> on line <strong>57</strong><br /><?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"

?>Some problem...

Mr President
12-07-2007, 18:31
Warlord how did that happen? Did you try to just get in it and it said that?

Seems to work just fine for me. I have noticed that since i put that on the forums seem a little slower. I'm going to close it down for the weekend and
do some testing on it.

BB
12-07-2007, 22:26
closing it down? well whats going to happen to stocks people have. Seemed to be working just fine for me all day

pcgluva
12-08-2007, 00:03
same here i had money in it

Nat22
12-08-2007, 08:06
i want my credits back :vangry:

Warl0rd
12-08-2007, 10:43
Warlord how did that happen? Did you try to just get in it and it said that?

Seems to work just fine for me. I have noticed that since i put that on the forums seem a little slower. I'm going to close it down for the weekend and
do some testing on it.i got it while searching for stocks. it wasn't returning any results so i decided to take a look in the ajax answer an there it was...

Mr President
12-08-2007, 11:48
closing it down? well whats going to happen to stocks people have. Seemed to be working just fine for me all day

All i did was froze it the way it was. When i turn it back up you will pick up from where you left off.. You can't trade on the weekends anyway :dblthumbup:

Rassputtin
03-25-2008, 13:38
this feature gone now?

Mr President
03-25-2008, 13:47
yes.. will be awhile till i can work on it and fix the bug.