PDA

View Full Version : College Football Discussion

Dogma
08-12-2010, 10:49
As all of you know I am an avid Alabama fan and I would like to have a discussion concerning this years CFB season. What are your ideas on the state of college football? Do you think that the rogue agent situation is getting out of hand? What do you think can be done to stop the agents from their shady tactics of dealing with amateur athletes? Who is your pick to go to and win the BCS championship?

Lets talk football.

Dogma
08-12-2010, 11:49
As all of you know I am an avid Alabama fan and I would like to have a discussion concerning this years CFB season. What are your ideas on the state of college football? Do you think that the rogue agent situation is getting out of hand? What do you think can be done to stop the agents from their shady tactics of dealing with amateur athletes? Who is your pick to go to and win the BCS championship?

Lets talk football.

And, BTW this is American Football and not Futbol I am referring to. :P

Divine Intervention
08-12-2010, 14:42
whats happening with the rogue agent situation? i never understood why (if i recall correctly) pre-Uni athletes aren't allowed agents etc...

Dogma
08-12-2010, 15:03
No, any athlete in college sports is considered an amateur athlete and the NCAA (Nataional Collegiate Athletic Association) is charged with enforcing the rules of amateurism. Any athlete that receives any type of extra benefit ie: cash, services or gifts, can lose his or her amateur status and the NCAA sees it as an unfair advantage to that player or his school. The agants in questions try and sneak some sort of benefits to he student athlete in order to make that athlete want to sign with him at the end if his college career.

When an athlete is ruled ineligible or that he received improper payment or whatever, the school and the future athletes are punished and the agent and the offending athlete go on with their lives as if nothing happened.

Dogma
08-13-2010, 00:30
No one has a comment at all?

Disorder
08-13-2010, 00:33
no

Dogma
08-13-2010, 00:36
you're a buzz kill, cuz. Thanks :P

Minimus
08-13-2010, 12:05
Bama looks unstoppable this year. I don't think anyone can really beat them. They may have a couple of close games, but they will probably go undefeated and win it all. Sure, this is an easy answer, and obvious, and I hate that it is going to happen because Alabama fans are complete morons. No offense Dogma, but you probably were whacking it to pictures of your cousin, drinking 40's of malt liquor when you wrote this thread.

Dogma
08-13-2010, 12:10
I do think thta there are a couple of trap games on slate for Bama this year. They do have the talent and the firepower to take it all again, however, they must be careful when we visit South Carolina. The penn state game should be a barn burner at game 2 of the season. But overall I like our chances.

Minimus
08-13-2010, 12:25
As a Clemson fan, I say f--- the C0CKS! And I think Z would agree with me on this.

czarcris
08-13-2010, 20:22
The problem is not only with the agents or their runners. These athletes as young adults are just as guilty for accepting this money, or parties or whatever it is they accept. I dont hold any one party responsible for what is happening. Its been going on for years and probably isnt gonna stop anytime soon. But the players know **** good and well what they can and cant accept so they need wait for thier money after they finish their FREE ride in school.

And lets go LONGHORNS!!!!!

Dogma
08-13-2010, 20:51
Not argueing that point cris, but when you have a 19 yr old kids that was raised dirt poor and you flash all this cash, what do you expect? I also know that there are shadier tactics as well, but yes, they need to be able to control them selves and wait for the big bucks to come which they will.

jkl9926
08-16-2010, 04:24
bama has a really good shot at winning it all, but coming out of the SEC we all know is very treacherous. everygame in the SEC and Big 12 are hard fought games and anything can happen. im more looking forward to seeing whether notre dame can bounce back and i want to see how Jake Locker out in washington can do seeing as he decided to come back for his senior year.