PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens....

Devil
08-17-2010, 00:29
when you give top states the security of not of the no suiciding:

Military Statistics Spies: (javascript:;) 1% (71.880.609) Infantry: (javascript:;) 91% (5.221.832.558) Tanks: (javascript:;) 0% (12.510.445) Jets: (javascript:;) 3% (175.726.591) Bombers: (javascript:;) 0% (756.358) SAMs: (javascript:;) 1% (46.271.590) Ships: (javascript:;) 3% (192.438.652)

Max Logan
08-17-2010, 01:25
there`s always gonna be more INF no matter how you look at it. Take real life for example ;)

Devil
08-17-2010, 02:37
show me a military with less than 1% bombers of total force...

and 5.2 bil is more than the total population of 18+ adults in the world today.

BeeNo
08-17-2010, 03:37
as i stated in another thread thats not completely accurate. you need to take a look at military strengths.

where 7.5bil strength on those infantry to 2.2bil strength on those ships doesn't look as bad.

factor in the rest of the units and your looking at 60-70% infantry and 30-40% other units. thats just a guess looking at numbers i didn't calc it out except for ships and infantry.

Xavior
08-17-2010, 04:29
Well the top 3 states probably make up 1.2b of the infantry ..

Max Logan
08-17-2010, 04:43
show me a military with less than 1% bombers of total force...

and 5.2 bil is more than the total population of 18+ adults in the world today.

what BeeNo said :p

Devil
08-17-2010, 04:57
even that said. in previous sets before this one and last how many times have you seen top states with 400+ mil inf?

under 120mil nw i might add

i've ran top states before and i've never broke 300mil before but anyone who has seen my top states know i usually rock 40+ agms this late in the set

pron
08-17-2010, 07:28
i've ran top states before and i've never broke 300mil before but anyone who has seen my top states know i usually rock 40+ agms this late in the set

Holy crap, 40+????

I'd hate to have to send half a hundred jets to break you...

kitoy
08-17-2010, 08:27
this is one hell crazy set.. inf FTW!

Missionary
08-17-2010, 12:52
tempted 2 just get 50+mill jets :)

Divine Intervention
08-17-2010, 14:35
tempted 2 just get 50+mill jets :)

why get 50mill jets to do a job that 150k jets can do though?

BeeNo
08-17-2010, 16:51
how many sets has top spot not been decided this late in the month? i know kris had 20-30mil agms at one point but was forced to sell them to try to get a grab back.

look they both know how vulnerable they are, but their both trying to win.

Divine Intervention
08-17-2010, 17:12
would be funny if #38 won whilst #59 and #11 exchange blows :p

Xavior
08-17-2010, 17:42
Would be even more epic if some other state outjumped all of them and won :P

Mr President
08-17-2010, 18:04

Military Statistics Spies: (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;) 1% (71.880.609) Infantry: (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;) 91% (5.221.832.558) Tanks: (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;) 0% (12.510.445) Jets: (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;) 3% (175.726.591) Bombers: (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;) 0% (756.358) SAMs: (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;) 1% (46.271.590) Ships: (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;) 3% (192.438.652)

lol.. I need to set up a recording so i don't have to keep repeating myself..

anyway, the only reason there are that many inf is cause no nations are doing anything about it.

1) I have CLEARLY stated that if someone does a few war attacks to "remind" someone to get some more protection you will not have any issues with the admins nor is it a violation of the suicide rule.

2) If a nation wars another nation it's not a suicide.. War was declared!

3) The suiciding rule was set in place to help prevent MULTIPLE sets of the same states attacking the same states..

When a nation has several states full of nothing but Infantry then it's other nations responsibility to either deal with it or sit back and do nothing.

Infantry hording has been in this game for ages. It has nothing to do with the new suiciding rule. Back in the day other nations took care of things and made people play smarter. Guess we don't have any of those kinds of nations left.

Mhaphew
08-17-2010, 19:03
1) I have CLEARLY stated that if someone does a few war attacks to "remind" someone to get some more protection you will not have any issues with the admins nor is it a violation of the suicide rule.

So what you are trying to say is....

Suiciding is OK, but only if done in moderation...

Um, care to elaborate on that a little?

Xavior
08-17-2010, 19:19
Basically, you can do whatever you want as long as you don't do it multiple times to one person/nation over a prolonged period of time.

pron
08-17-2010, 19:23
lol.. I need to set up a recording so i don't have to keep repeating myself..

anyway, the only reason there are that many inf is cause no nations are doing anything about it.

2) If a nation wars another nation it's not a suicide.. War was declared!

3) The suiciding rule was set in place to help prevent MULTIPLE sets of the same states attacking the same states..

When a nation has several states full of nothing but Infantry then it's other nations responsibility to either deal with it or sit back and do nothing.

Infantry hording has been in this game for ages. It has nothing to do with the new suiciding rule. Back in the day other nations took care of things and made people play smarter. Guess we don't have any of those kinds of nations left.

You should just copy/paste this in a word document so you can copy/paste it whenever this discussion comes up.

Also, when LOR hit INF *****'ing nations, we got ganged up on by you. Just saying...

Calvin74
08-17-2010, 19:27
You should just copy/paste this in a word document so you can copy/paste it whenever this discussion comes up.

Also, when LOR hit INF *****'ing nations, we got ganged up on by you. Just saying...

also CR will take it personal if anyone is to hit CR or Sky just to "show us" how to net....

just public announcement!

Mhaphew
08-17-2010, 19:59
Basically, you can do whatever you want as long as you don't do it multiple times to one person/nation over a prolonged period of time.

So suiciding is ok as long as it doesn't benefit LoR...

Mr President
08-17-2010, 20:24

Perfectly stated!

lol I know.. would be easier then typing it 50 million times. I love how I make one post about suiciding being illegal and everyone remembers that, but yet i make 500 million posts about the new way and nobody pays attention to them.

Also, I figured someone would bring up LoR after I made that statement. LoR got ganged up on for several reasons. Mainly, it was just time to stop them. For the longest time nobody stood up, they just came to the forums and complained. So this time someone stood up. It happened one set. Don't make it sound like each time LoR did something they got pounded on.. Hardly the case.

also CR will take it personal if anyone is to hit CR or Sky just to "show us" how to net....

:) man it's like your begging me to hit you.. lol

OMG.. great, now I have started drinking tonight.. Are you happy now? lol

BeeNo
08-17-2010, 20:55

should i learn how to feed better so i can net with your states calvin?

Max Logan
08-18-2010, 02:22
should i learn how to feed better so i can net with your states calvin?

com`on!
enough of this BS feeding already. like it`s first and last time it`s gonna be done. you have someone who has done feeding mutiple time over and if he won you`d say nothing. so please

BeeNo
08-18-2010, 03:13
oh max put me in place :(

Divine Intervention
08-18-2010, 03:15
com`on!
enough of this BS feeding already. like it`s first and last time it`s gonna be done. you have someone who has done feeding mutiple time over and if he won you`d say nothing. so please

who's that? if you're implying me then again I'll point out that during the set I won I didn't receive any market or land feed. Margus (who ended up finishing 2nd btw) & Dolly helped with NA (7 man nation vs much larger nations with better NAs) & Spy ops. Couple of times they used stock to buy my goods so that i could use turns faster. But thats it.

Furthermore, every set where i have competed for top1 since i did it cleanly.

My land feeding occurred during a couple a couple (1-3 max id imagine considering most of the time i was leading massive *** nations which didn't leave anyone to feed off :rolleyes:) when i wasn't competing and before I was taught how to play properly by ppl like Margus/Dolly/James etc and has long stopped....dunno why you keep bringing up the issue as if its a relevant current fact. If you're suspicious about my current grabbing, I guess I can teach you how to do it if you're that desperate :glare:

Max Logan
08-18-2010, 05:04
yeah... :laugh:

Calvin74
08-18-2010, 06:38
who's that? if you're implying me then again I'll point out that during the set I won I didn't receive any market or land feed. Margus (who ended up finishing 2nd btw) & Dolly helped with NA (7 man nation vs much larger nations with better NAs) & Spy ops. Couple of times they used stock to buy my goods so that i could use turns faster. But thats it.

Furthermore, every set where i have competed for top1 since i did it cleanly.

My land feeding occurred during a couple a couple (1-3 max id imagine considering most of the time i was leading massive *** nations which didn't leave anyone to feed off :rolleyes:) when i wasn't competing and before I was taught how to play properly by ppl like Margus/Dolly/James etc and has long stopped....dunno why you keep bringing up the issue as if its a relevant current fact. If you're suspicious about my current grabbing, I guess I can teach you how to do it if you're that desperate :glare:

alright so the way you help with NA is to play all your turns and sell your stuff cheap so that it sells quick right? what is the difference in selling your stuff cheap but telling your buddy that you are selling it? still works teh same way.

also we haven't fed in quite a while (if we had do you think our guy would still be fighting to get on top?)
i would also point out that I have played with the BGers and all those people you mention. i know how they all play inside and out and i know who plays "legit" and who is the better netter. so don't go claiming that advantage:P

Divine Intervention
08-18-2010, 06:49
alright so the way you help with NA is to play all your turns and sell your stuff cheap so that it sells quick right? what is the difference in selling your stuff cheap but telling your buddy that you are selling it? still works teh same way.

also we haven't fed in quite a while (if we had do you think our guy would still be fighting to get on top?)
i would also point out that I have played with the BGers and all those people you mention. i know how they all play inside and out and i know who plays "legit" and who is the better netter. so don't go claiming that advantage:P

thats not the point im making though is it? Im just replying to (what i believe) are Max's accusations against me regarding feeding by pointing out that i don't do market feed and that my grabbing can be explained through teaching/training by some v.good players. I don't really see what point youre trying to make with the second bit...im not claiming any advantage nor that im the only person to have played with them. Im just explaining to Max why he shouldn't be surprised at seeing someone consistently grab 1k+ land at start of set who isnt Tnova etc and isn't someone who land feeds ;-)

besides we all know Gnorf is/was the best around :laugh:

edit: oh and also...once your guy jumped im sure he wouldnt have had enough time/spare cash to do more food feeds as he tried to catch Kris - obviously something much easier to do whilst you have stock and are preparing to jump (although i did manage to buy 67million food @ $70 like yesterday....with the next batch being like @ 99....hmmmm :D )..

edit2: plus, if were gonna be picky - theres a difference between using your turns (most people play their turns in one go either way) and between selling your products at minimum price, informing someone about it, having them buy it then sell it back to you at a higher price and then repeated ;-)

but in any case...im not making any noise about that/accusations etc (just, as a big fan of spies, im insulted to see the tiny amounts...but thats about it)....if anything it has made it an interesting spectacle to watch :)

Calvin74
08-18-2010, 13:46
thats not the point im making though is it? Im just replying to (what i believe) are Max's accusations against me regarding feeding by pointing out that i don't do market feed and that my grabbing can be explained through teaching/training by some v.good players. I don't really see what point youre trying to make with the second bit...im not claiming any advantage nor that im the only person to have played with them. Im just explaining to Max why he shouldn't be surprised at seeing someone consistently grab 1k+ land at start of set who isnt Tnova etc and isn't someone who land feeds ;-)

besides we all know Gnorf is/was the best around :laugh:

edit: oh and also...once your guy jumped im sure he wouldnt have had enough time/spare cash to do more food feeds as he tried to catch Kris - obviously something much easier to do whilst you have stock and are preparing to jump (although i did manage to buy 67million food @ $70 like yesterday....with the next batch being like @ 99....hmmmm :D )..

edit2: plus, if were gonna be picky - theres a difference between using your turns (most people play their turns in one go either way) and between selling your products at minimum price, informing someone about it, having them buy it then sell it back to you at a higher price and then repeated ;-)

but in any case...im not making any noise about that/accusations etc (just, as a big fan of spies, im insulted to see the tiny amounts...but thats about it)....if anything it has made it an interesting spectacle to watch :)

lol i was just making sure since there have been many accusations thrown around recently:P

as for the food at $70 i can't say for 100% certainty it wasn't one of our guys but i am almost positive it wasn't for a few reasons, we have stopped that, and i have several people outside our tag that i ask to keep tabs on us, and we wouldn't consider 67m food enough to feed:P

as for gnorf he was good but if you wanna go for all time he is down the list:P

waser was the best to ever play the game. by far hands down and there is no competition there. trust me he played 100% legit and never used ANY tactics like market feeding/land feeding or anything you can think of. he was almost always double the nw of the 2nd place person (or when he played a donor he would donate more than everyone else in the nation combined:P)

aniara was probably the 2nd best player ever and was amazing but he was a far cry from waser and even he knew it.

a guy named kifu could have given waser a run for his money but the game was too unstable for him when he played it so he gave it up

marshal ran one of the best pure indy states i have ever seen and would definately rank him up there.

i could go on but i think we are getting sidetracked again:P
i have no problem with you saying gnorf was the best of his time or that he is the best you have seen but don't go throwing around all time remarks!!:P

Max Logan
08-18-2010, 16:49
I`d still place Gnorf 3rd after Waser and MadBG, but that`s me :p

Mhaphew
08-18-2010, 21:23

Military Statistics Spies: (javascript:;) 1% (71.880.609) Infantry: (javascript:;) 91% (5.221.832.558) Tanks: (javascript:;) 0% (12.510.445) Jets: (javascript:;) 3% (175.726.591) Bombers: (javascript:;) 0% (756.358) SAMs: (javascript:;) 1% (46.271.590) Ships: (javascript:;) 3% (192.438.652)

So,

Devil I agree with you here, but lets take your numbers and a few
squarely placed division signs and this is what we get

Lets take your numbers and make smaller figures out of them

I did a few simple maths and figured out that with your numbers scaled way down

I could get 54 m inf with 2 m ships/jets and about 1 m spies..

(You are welcome to double check my 1337 math skills but be warned some of the figures are rounded a little)

Now with these figures I do see an inf hoarding problems still however it is not as bad without the huge numbers showing..

I think with just a few simple tweaks here we can have this all sorted out.

Why not have inf hoarding actually become a bigger part of the game, but instead work it like this.

Allow your self to put percentages of inf towards working your other units

Like this.

10 % towards anti tank inf
10 % towards Anti Air Inf (this number would be auto set due to amount of agms on hand)
10 % towards Tank Drivers (this number would be auto set, kinda, depending on the amount of tanks you have)
10 % towards Pilots (again, this number would auto set for obvious reasons)

so on and so forth

but heres the kicker, allow indies to produce them faster, but also tweak their stats to make them due less damage and make them cost about 1/3 of their usual prices..

and then, raise the strength of other units and drop their prices as well...

I hope you get where I am going here...

Make the inf actually do something worthwhile...

Missionary
08-19-2010, 19:50

mate not everything is about LoR, get your head out of your own arse for once :thumbup: lmao.

now whos the party pooper :(

@ Mhaphew - that last bits quite a good idea actually.

jkl9926
08-20-2010, 04:28
devils numbers are slightly skewed because the live military stats page only shows military that is currently on hand in states. there is another 3bil inf sitting on the market that should also beincorporated into the figures

Max Logan
08-20-2010, 07:05
devils numbers are slightly skewed because the live military stats page only shows military that is currently on hand in states. there is another 3bil inf sitting on the market that should also beincorporated into the figures

you acutally think someone placed 3b infantry on the market and it isn`t dropping prices for sitting there since day 1? :p

KelpKris
08-20-2010, 07:07

I'm 100% sure that market bot is involved. No one is stoking with 3G inf, 190m AGMs and 200m ships.

jkl9926
08-20-2010, 14:32
lol i know it is a market bot im just saying that there is an extra 3 bil sitting there ready to be pulled into the game if a casher were to be able to jump high enough.

KelpKris
08-20-2010, 19:45
lol i know it is a market bot im just saying that there is an extra 3 bil sitting there ready to be pulled into the game if a casher were to be able to jump high enough.

And if they do, military stats will change accordingly. Even if there weren't any army left in the public market you could always buy it from black market, so there is no need to incorporate the unsold military to military stats.