PDA

View Full Version : US Recession is OVER!

Mr President
09-20-2010, 18:21
Or so they say.. Do you think this is real or do you think it's a ploy to the current administration can say they pulled us out of it with it's policies?

Green
09-20-2010, 18:41
I liked the article I read yesterday about Los Angeles who created a whopping 50ish jobs from their $111 million in stimulus money.

BladeEWG
09-20-2010, 19:41
Funny how the politicians tell us its "over" how would they know? they haven't lost their jobs.
Once we see unemployment back to that 4-5% range..then they can talk.

Disorder
09-21-2010, 10:40
I believe it is a ploy for the elections. I live here on the gulf coast, in a area where there are usually plenty of jobs available, plenty of tourist spending money, etc, etc... There are none of the above happening. I for one, believe we have not yet found the bottom of this recession/depression the US is in.

Dogma
09-21-2010, 13:03
I believe it is a ploy for the elections. I live here on the gulf coast, in a area where there are usually plenty of jobs available, plenty of tourist spending money, etc, etc... There are none of the above happening. I for one, believe we have not yet found the bottom of this recession/depression the US is in.

This

Satan666
09-22-2010, 02:46
God i wish there was jobs. I just spent around 24k to get a Computer Technology degree and I'm not sure if it's worth the paper its written on in this job market.

jkl9926
09-22-2010, 02:50
most collegiate advisors are telling us to stay in school for an extra semester or 2 in hopes that the market improves. i live in texas and the economy here didnt really take a bad turn until about 6 months ago. i mean before then business was down 2-5% but now accross the board in all industries just about sales have dropped about 10% and in other parts of the country it seems to be alot worse so i dont think its over yet

Green
09-22-2010, 15:53
most collegiate advisors are telling us to stay in school for an extra semester or 2 in hopes that the market improves. i live in texas and the economy here didnt really take a bad turn until about 6 months ago. i mean before then business was down 2-5% but now accross the board in all industries just about sales have dropped about 10% and in other parts of the country it seems to be alot worse so i dont think its over yet

Only thing I noticed here (small town north of Dallas) is that we cycle through mom and pop restaurants quicker that we used too. That and my college has doubled its enrollment in the past 4 years. ^_^

Satan666
09-22-2010, 18:45
the only positive thing is I have money saved to hold me over if it takes me a while to find a job.

BladeEWG
09-23-2010, 06:32
For me. its not bright.
401 k and pension have been tanked.
I figure I have two options now.
Work until I'm about 70
or
Hope to get taken out by a bus in a few years.
Least in the latter case I go out in a roarinstead of a whimper, and my daughter can get the insurence and what I will have left in 401 and pension.

So much for the "golden years" eh?