PDA

View Full Version : Old Players

jkl9926
10-11-2010, 17:12
why is it that only the top estonian netters are still around? ive been back playing for 5 months now and i see it as pretty much a sky dominated community.

Why do guys like james, dukay, tnova, etc not compete for the top spots anymore, and as a side not why cant any of the rest of us compete with them.

tbh ive tried to keep up with them but all i can do is just stay close and maybe pull even but i havent been able to figure out how to get up above them and break them.

These are just my ramblings but i think if there was more of a competition for the top spots more people would be intrigued to join and play the game.

And if any old netter has a suggestion or tip as to how they used to do it im more than willing to listen to the suggestion cause with the limited community timing of grabs has become very difficult.

Xavior
10-11-2010, 17:32
Fun fact:

You get 15% bonus in military production when you list your nationality as Estonian.

jkl9926
10-11-2010, 17:42
lol nice one i mean there only marginally better but if they hold the top spot they can farm everyone else down and allow there mates to grow easier.

and 15% is far too high lol they would be way higher than they are now

Max Logan
10-11-2010, 18:43
Dukay? Where the **** you been? lol

And Sky pretty much wins because of their teamwork and effort they put in not sleeping :p

Mr President
10-11-2010, 18:52
And Sky pretty much wins because of their teamwork and effort they put in not sleeping :p

That's pretty much it. I spent several months the past year going from nation to nation and what I found is that nations don't interact like they use too. I was in a nation a few sets back that I would send out messages to the nation and nobody replied. It was the quietest nation I have ever seen. There isn't a whole lot of teamwork anymore. Most people log on, use their turns then log off. There really isn't any pride in nations anymore either.

We really need to change this.. We need more interaction between members and nation mates...

BeeNo
10-11-2010, 20:55
this post is offensive to me lol.

and i notice mr. p hasn't joined ABT yet so maybe thats why he says nation pride doesn't exist :P

but really sky can be beat and netted with easily enough. but it takes time and energy that i simply haven't had in recent months. also got myself AA'd by ben the last time i was giving it a serious effort.

if your interested in netting with them and want to learn some tips/tricks on how to do it shoot me a PM.

kitoy
10-11-2010, 21:27

i have to agree with this, they're really an organized nation.. and about not sleeping, well 2hrs of sleep is more than enough.. lol

tbh ive tried to keep up with them but all i can do is just stay close

guess if you can't beat them, AA them.. haha :laugh:

Mr President
10-11-2010, 21:33

and i notice mr. p hasn't joined ABT yet so maybe thats why he says nation pride doesn't exist :P

but really sky can be beat and netted with easily enough. but it takes time and energy that i simply haven't had in recent months. also got myself AA'd by ben the last time i was giving it a serious effort.

if your interested in netting with them and want to learn some tips/tricks on how to do it shoot me a PM.

Very true.. I have not been a part of ABT yet.. So I can't speak for all nations. Only the nations I have been a part of.

disturbia
10-12-2010, 00:15
about teamwork.. last time i was netting (1,5years ago) i often sent out sms's, nudging on msn..even calling when needed! such kind of things, help is a strong word :)
if u want something u can easily do it! and we like to see sky up there so even if all of us were bored of netting we would pick one and torture him until he agrees =) (jk)

i wouldnt play this game unless kris, margus or this time - roel wouldnt hit me up and constantly reminding me to use turns. i wish there were more new faces like roel who wanted to win in our tag, would liven things up =)
maybe if other nations were as much dedicated to win it would be more fun again :)

BeeNo
10-12-2010, 01:40
they may sacrifice their states for that top 1 state. but in the all time top 10 nations their still coming up short. best finish is 6th place in a month with extra turns.

kanman
10-12-2010, 02:24
If I was gonna try to do this, first join the 2nd strongest nation. Then of course be very active and patient with your grabs. And finally sky are awesome at being patient so I would try to be more aggressive. When the top state has no hits, hit him first then pray you can run away. It's gonna be tough since sky has so many top netters and they're the most well-knit nation but it won't be fun if it's easy, right?

Soviet Russia
10-12-2010, 03:21
about teamwork.. last time i was netting (1,5years ago) i often sent out sms's, nudging on msn..even calling when needed! such kind of things, help is a strong word :)
if u want something u can easily do it! and we like to see sky up there so even if all of us were bored of netting we would pick one and torture him until he agrees =) (jk)

i wouldnt play this game unless kris, margus or this time - roel wouldnt hit me up and constantly reminding me to use turns. i wish there were more new faces like roel who wanted to win in our tag, would liven things up =)
maybe if other nations were as much dedicated to win it would be more fun again :)

Ive been playing in Sky for some sets, she is the only nerd there.

Where is el dukay btw:huh:

Max Logan
10-12-2010, 05:36
Ive been playing in Sky for some sets, she is the only nerd there.

Where is el dukay btw:huh:

Long done

Devil
10-12-2010, 07:16
If I was gonna try to do this, first join the 2nd strongest nation. Then of course be very active and patient with your grabs. And finally sky are awesome at being patient so I would try to be more aggressive. When the top state has no hits, hit him first then pray you can run away. It's gonna be tough since sky has so many top netters and they're the most well-knit nation but it won't be fun if it's easy, right?

when you want to try this let me know. ill help :)

Xavior
10-12-2010, 07:40
when you want to try this let me know. ill help :)

with the AAs? :D

jkl9926
10-12-2010, 13:36
well im glad i got some activity and i played this game alot more from 02-05 and then a few sets in 07-08 then nothing for 2 years so thus i havent seen or heard from most of my old contacts in years, if anyone would like some help in out netting them id be willing to help no AAs tho sorry

Calvin74
10-12-2010, 21:18
well im glad i got some activity and i played this game alot more from 02-05 and then a few sets in 07-08 then nothing for 2 years so thus i havent seen or heard from most of my old contacts in years, if anyone would like some help in out netting them id be willing to help no AAs tho sorry

who is this?
why do people change their names, it makes it confusing for senile old people to find them on msn....

and honestly most the good netters got bored and moved on. as mr p says there is no nation pride anymore.

the bgers came back and together we built a tag that dominated that set (and crushed nation records:P) but all people did were whine about our tactics when half of the game doesn't even know what is going into those top states....

the hypocrisy chases people away

BeeNo
10-12-2010, 21:37
point i'm making is there are plenty of people who can compete with them when they put the time and effort into it :)

Calvin74
10-12-2010, 21:56
point i'm making is there are plenty of people who can compete with them when they put the time and effort into it :)

this is true
but it also requires a very good, dedicated surrounding cast:)

jkl9926
10-13-2010, 04:22
well ive always used either Sword, SwordMaster, or Eternal Sword i was fairly quiet back then as i was an immature 12 year old at the start lol

Max Logan
10-13-2010, 15:47
Eternal Sword rings a bell, but might be something else...

jkl9926
10-14-2010, 02:33
Eternal Sword has always been my state name and Sword was my name on the forums in WoW i played alot in FED and Bang cant remember any other nations i was in cause it was so long ago

Soviet Russia
10-14-2010, 02:57
Eternal Sword rings a bell, but might be something else...

I am also not sure but I think I remember

jkl9926
10-14-2010, 03:02
i was never a top player so i dont really expect anyone to remember me

Xavior
10-14-2010, 03:17
You guys have horrible memories.

jkl9926
10-14-2010, 03:19
lol well xavior do you remember me?

Xavior
10-14-2010, 05:05
No.

We played together.

I think ;)

jkl9926
10-14-2010, 11:20
yea we played with or against eachother just dont really remember which

Xavior
10-14-2010, 12:41
You have a horrible memory ;)

jkl9926
10-14-2010, 17:37
lol well i was 12-15 when i was playing so it was 5 years ago in the least ive done alot of partying and forgotten alot of things in those years

Devil
10-14-2010, 22:58
who is this?
why do people change their names, it makes it confusing for senile old people to find them on msn....

and honestly most the good netters got bored and moved on. as mr p says there is no nation pride anymore.

the bgers came back and together we built a tag that dominated that set (and crushed nation records:P) but all people did were whine about our tactics when half of the game doesn't even know what is going into those top states....

the hypocrisy chases people away

dont forget you have to run indy too

Calvin74
10-14-2010, 23:00
dont forget you have to run indy too

well yeah that is a given:)

but we are working very hard to fix that
in fact mr p sent me a random string of curse words just the other day that i took to either mean he is working on strats or i stole bb's tequila and told her it was him..

jkl9926
10-15-2010, 04:26
i know indys are more powerful and i know mr p is trying to work on it but its such a delicate balance to make the strats even that its almost impossible to get it perfect. indy production being lowered by .5% is prolly close but that then might lead to casher dominance.

USA has done fairly well thus far for a casher nation but the indys at the top are just too strong to be beaten currently.

Only way anyone is beating Sky is gonna be to war them and i dont really see that happening.

Devil
10-15-2010, 09:58
i know indys are more powerful and i know mr p is trying to work on it but its such a delicate balance to make the strats even that its almost impossible to get it perfect. indy production being lowered by .5% is prolly close but that then might lead to casher dominance.

USA has done fairly well thus far for a casher nation but the indys at the top are just too strong to be beaten currently.

Only way anyone is beating Sky is gonna be to war them and i dont really see that happening.

.5% wont affect them much at all. 5% would be more of a start. That and how fast an indy nation can build a NA compared to a non indy nation.

and calvin stealing BB's tequila is a dangerous game to play

Max Logan
10-15-2010, 13:15
indy being doubled taxed will always lead to indy nations taking top spots.

look at Sky - they have a few states who build their NA at start by expanding/selling, and when their top states have gathered turns and GB, they make a jump with full tech and NA. And mostly it`s just 1 state jumping, farming down the others, and after a few days, another one or two Sky states start building up.

Their strat works, and even lowering Indy by 5% won`t do much

jkl9926
10-15-2010, 15:04
yea its been the same for years, but in the past it has seemed like there was more contention atleast from another indy nation that would make it interesting.

right now it seems like Sky is just allowed to do it without anyone trying to keep up with them. Just kinda seems like the community as a whole is letting it happen.

Calvin74
10-15-2010, 19:07
indy being doubled taxed will always lead to indy nations taking top spots.

look at Sky - they have a few states who build their NA at start by expanding/selling, and when their top states have gathered turns and GB, they make a jump with full tech and NA. And mostly it`s just 1 state jumping, farming down the others, and after a few days, another one or two Sky states start building up.

Their strat works, and even lowering Indy by 5% won`t do much

unless you lower the max market price by 10% and then limit that amount that is put into the NA during turn production....

Calvin74
10-15-2010, 19:09
yea its been the same for years, but in the past it has seemed like there was more contention atleast from another indy nation that would make it interesting.

right now it seems like Sky is just allowed to do it without anyone trying to keep up with them. Just kinda seems like the community as a whole is letting it happen.

you should have been here a few sets ago when the bgers were playing
people hated what they did the 2nd or 3rd set they were in CR but it was the only way to keep up with Sky.
there are people out there that can play with them but when they put the time and dedication in people whine about it on the forums.....

also look at the total nw records for nations and look at where sky is compared to other nations....

Max Logan
10-16-2010, 06:01
ABT wins :p

Calvin74
10-16-2010, 08:55
ABT wins :p

Crimson Guard[CR] $3.762.863.712 July, 2010
Asbestos[ABT] $2.191.791.000 May, 2010
Abestos[ABT] $1.803.107.185 August, 2010
Legion of Riot[LoR] $1.781.242.181 June, 2009
America[USA] $1.622.533.313 February, 2010
Skycati armee[Sky] $1.621.178.120 March, 2009
Night Stalkers[NS] $1.604.025.467 May, 2009
Skycati armee[Sky] $1.433.992.036 June, 2010
Legion of Riot[LoR] $1.280.103.895 July, 2009
high times[high] $1.238.330.105 January, 2009

Looks like CR wins this one by just a little bit:P

Divine Intervention
10-16-2010, 11:37
there's no point to try and go for top1 without having a properly run nation supporting you. what's the point....you might out net them, out grab them, out play them but at the end of the day if they have a much higher NA and tech due to a combination of them reselling and not top feeding and you having a nation full of people who arent really playing as a team then it only becomes a matter of time.

Max Logan
10-16-2010, 13:24
Crimson Guard[CR] $3.762.863.712 July, 2010
Asbestos[ABT] $2.191.791.000 May, 2010
Abestos[ABT] $1.803.107.185 August, 2010
Legion of Riot[LoR] $1.781.242.181 June, 2009
America[USA] $1.622.533.313 February, 2010
Skycati armee[Sky] $1.621.178.120 March, 2009
Night Stalkers[NS] $1.604.025.467 May, 2009
Skycati armee[Sky] $1.433.992.036 June, 2010
Legion of Riot[LoR] $1.280.103.895 July, 2009
high times[high] $1.238.330.105 January, 2009

Looks like CR wins this one by just a little bit:P

Acutally ABT total is better :p
And CR had way more members, including my dominating 20 something casher finish :p

Missionary
10-16-2010, 19:56

yeh we have xaviour sending messages about my love for asian transvestites in ABT :P

Calvin74
10-16-2010, 21:11
Acutally ABT total is better :p
And CR had way more members, including my dominating 20 something casher finish :p

ABT has been around longer however you can't claim that our score is so much better b/c we had more people when we also have a higher anw than any ABT finish...
in fact as of the current stats CR is the only nation in the top anw records with more than 10 players in their tag...

BeeNo
10-17-2010, 15:25
you stole max logan from us, and a few other equally amazing appendages ::rain::

but on topic here's a little more history:

april-

lor won 1st nation scores and captured top spot
abt 2nd nation scores and 2nd place
sky warred

may-

abt won nation scores captured top 2 spots
ja(old BG) 2nd place nation scores and many top 10 states
sky suicided upon

june-

sky won nation scores and captured top spots
abt and (old BG) big war vs lor
CR 2nd place

july-

JA(old BG) and several ABT states joined CR finshed with top spot and current nation scores record.
don't remember what happened to sky
abt survivor mini-game fails :)

august-

ABT wins nation scores, their top states were suicided upon
sky and CR have a huge battle for top state spots after the suicides on abt that go back and forth most of the month. sky eeks it out by the end of the month.

sept-

abt leadership little inactive at start of month new guy suicides one of sky states and is killed. sky captures top spots and wars abt later in the month. big abt sky war.

october- current set :)

BeeNo
10-17-2010, 15:38
obviously there is a lot more going on in these sets than just that, but that is some of the history of the nations who have been giving them competition for top spots in recent months.

as you can see its as much about avoiding the clutter as it is netting :)

BladeEWG
10-17-2010, 18:40
HEY!?
Whoya callin' old? :P

Green
10-18-2010, 02:31
HEY!?
Whoya callin' old? :P

Dogma.

((Always a safe bet when asking that question.))

jkl9926
10-18-2010, 06:03
lol yes dogma might be old but im referring to the guys from WoW

BladeEWG
10-18-2010, 09:48
Good thing, you young whippersnapper you! ;)

BB
10-18-2010, 19:30
lol yes dogma might be old but im referring to the guys from WoW

Theres gals from wow as well

Mr President
10-18-2010, 19:42
yes there is.. Where is Stoness?

lol jk BB

jkl9926
10-19-2010, 19:33
lol my bad and yes there were a few girls from WoW but back then i wasnt really paying attention to them

Calvin74
10-20-2010, 20:55
lol my bad and yes there were a few girls from WoW but back then i wasnt really paying attention to them

weren't you the lucky one:P

Calvin74
10-20-2010, 20:56

lol jk BB

lol if you really want to know i can get a hold of her and prob salmongod:P

Devil
10-20-2010, 22:25

Dont utter that name! Ever.... I heard if you say that name in the mirror 3 times in a row she will haunt you forever

jkl9926
10-21-2010, 04:18
lol i would love to see a return of the old players so go ahead and bring them back btw devil i have a proposal for you

Margus
10-29-2010, 07:11
Viali is a very good player and he has returned after a long time. If he has a decent nation then he is very hard to overnet :p Also I think Tnova is a very good player and clever player, but it seems he isn't interested in netting anymore or doesn't have the time :/

they may sacrifice their states for that top 1 state. but in the all time top 10 nations their still coming up short. best finish is 6th place in a month with extra turns.

It's not a sacrifice really.. last set I helped the nation get more army on the first week because ABT had more NA before Roel's jump (he was vussu last set) but I still managed to jump to top on the second half of the set when I had some more time. Also Viali started selling his army in USA and after few times selling ~90% of his army he still managed to jump back and grab some players in top5. It doesn't completly ruin your state when you sell your army and pay the nations tax, because you can do your turns with very low expenses then and sometimes it even gives you an advantage. So it's hardly a sacrifice.. unless you sell all your army 2-3 times a day.
Usually in Sky the players who have a lot of free time try to net, because let's be honest, it's not easy getting to TOP1 when your opponents have a lot more time to wait for grabs. And other Sky members who dont have enough time just log in sometimes and do few grabs or just expand.. which is what most people in nw do. Only few members who don't play any other games and just have some free time usually, like me, sell most of army too and help the nation a bit more and that's enough to get full NA for TOP players. Last set WTF nation, where Kenneth was with 2 other members, had more NA than Sky the last days of the set.. it just took 2 members who expanded and sold their army again to get a very good NA, so it's not that hard to do.

also look at the total nw records for nations and look at where sky is compared to other nations....

:rolleyes:

Calvin74
10-29-2010, 08:28
Viali is a very good player and he has returned after a long time. If he has a decent nation then he is very hard to overnet :p Also I think Tnova is a very good player and clever player, but it seems he isn't interested in netting anymore or doesn't have the time :/

It's not a sacrifice really.. last set I helped the nation get more army on the first week because ABT had more NA before Roel's jump (he was vussu last set) but I still managed to jump to top on the second half of the set when I had some more time. Also Viali started selling his army in USA and after few times selling ~90% of his army he still managed to jump back and grab some players in top5. It doesn't completly ruin your state when you sell your army and pay the nations tax, because you can do your turns with very low expenses then and sometimes it even gives you an advantage. So it's hardly a sacrifice.. unless you sell all your army 2-3 times a day.
Usually in Sky the players who have a lot of free time try to net, because let's be honest, it's not easy getting to TOP1 when your opponents have a lot more time to wait for grabs. And other Sky members who dont have enough time just log in sometimes and do few grabs or just expand.. which is what most people in nw do. Only few members who don't play any other games and just have some free time usually, like me, sell most of army too and help the nation a bit more and that's enough to get full NA for TOP players. Last set WTF nation, where Kenneth was with 2 other members, had more NA than Sky the last days of the set.. it just took 2 members who expanded and sold their army again to get a very good NA, so it's not that hard to do.

I just wanna point out that yall leeched members to get that record:P congrats on it though. I didn't think anyone would come close for a long time. Looks like Sky and CR will hold the top two spots for a bit:) Yall had a great set last set and it is nice to see some of the older players back.

I don't think anyone is saying what you guys do to get NA is wrong it is just that it is an organized nation and as of yet no one else has been able to recreate yalls ability to get the highest NA with the lowest tax rate!

BeeNo
10-29-2010, 08:42

i know how it all works lol.

well played last month.

svend forkbeard
10-29-2010, 20:32
well as i am an to old player of the old Wow the difrens there was the wars they really gave the netters a problem as there where many hits on the top ten. now a days there is to much peace in the top ten bring back the wars, and the fight for the top spot will be more interesting :-)

Soviet Russia
10-30-2010, 12:55
well as i am an to old player of the old Wow the difrens there was the wars they really gave the netters a problem as there where many hits on the top ten. now a days there is to much peace in the top ten bring back the wars, and the fight for the top spot will be more interesting :-)

Hello there Mr. Premier! I see you've recreated the USSR:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

svend forkbeard
10-31-2010, 19:25
Hello there Mr. Premier! I see you've recreated the USSR:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

yes just a bit of old time fun, come join us, will be fun, came to think of it after reading about some of the old players.