PDA

View Full Version : next Sets Changes

Mr President
10-18-2010, 19:48
Right now i'm working on a few changes for next set.

- Spy Op showing the enemies bank account info.

- Spy Op that will kill infantry units.

-Multiple Attacks will return (max 10)

-GA Attack getting a few changes. There are 2 new things that will happen. If war has been declared, you can't change your tax rate for 24hrs and the population rebuild setting will be much lower then the normal out of war setting. This will allow others to do GA's without wasting a ton of turns and having the state get on, lower his/her tax and then rebuild population with using only a couple of turns.

So even if someone lowers the tax before war has been declared, the rebuild will be much smaller and take a lot more turns to get them all back. This isn't a huge change, but I think it will make GA a little more attractive.

- Spy randoms have been lowered.

- Bombers and tank settings have been adjusted. Upkeep and Food consumption have been lowered 10%.

- Changes have been made to the randoms (see below) :

* All the Alien wording has been removed.

* The Aliens have killed your population random has been removed. (was stupid having 2 randoms that killed pop.)

* An positive Economic Boom Random has been added. - (An economic boom has strengthened your economy, you have gained $ ???)

* A positive population increase random has been added. - (News of your great leadership has spread. You have gained an extra ???? citizens)

* A positive random giving Level 8 Tanks has been added. - (Advancements in your military technology has given you level 8 Tanks!)

* A positive random giving Level 8 Bombers has been added. - (Advancements in your military technology has given you level 8 Bombers!)

* A positive random giving 25 free turns has been added. - (You have been awarded 25 free turns)

* A Negative random against indies has been added. - (Union Workers have gone on strike and all production has stopped.)

Between the new randoms for tanks and bombers as well as the lowered amount for upkeep and food consumption this should help make these units a little more useful.

Calvin74
10-18-2010, 20:36
I really love these changes. Something else I would suggest for maybe the set after if you have time is to change some of the randomness in the game. The spy random factor, the attack random factor, and the amount you lose to a random event.

kitoy
10-18-2010, 21:15
- Spy Op that will kill infantry units.

-

w00t! :D

BladeEWG
10-18-2010, 21:56
what is this?

Devil
10-18-2010, 22:21
what is this?

its for warring... you can choose 10 consecutive identical attacks on a target instead of doing it individually. It makes kills go faster

BeeNo
10-19-2010, 01:21
i like all but the tax rate/GA attack changes, but eh can't make everyone happy :laugh:

Max Logan
10-19-2010, 05:57
the tax rate change - how will it be effected by the Alien invasion random?
I mean it kills 1/2 your population...

BladeEWG
10-19-2010, 07:53
Thanks Devil, I guess that was before my time here so I didn't know.

Devil
10-19-2010, 08:39
you used to be able to 60 at a time :P

kitoy
10-19-2010, 09:34
just don't forget to change the assualt method or else you'd be SAing your enemy to death.. :D and yeah i did it once during the WOW days and managed to steal the kill.. :p

jkl9926
10-19-2010, 19:23
lol 60 attacks at a time made warring awesome cause kills could take less than a minute

BladeEWG
10-19-2010, 21:13
That would make my head hurt making sure not to red turn during so many attacks.

Max Logan
10-20-2010, 03:26
i once did a 20 turn redish

Soviet Russia
10-20-2010, 03:27
multiple attacks again:glare:

Mr President
10-26-2010, 22:10
I have updated the change list. The final list will be posted in the admin section prior to the start of next round.

kitoy
10-26-2010, 23:00
Negative random against indies has been added. - (Union Workers have gone on strike and all production has stopped.)

how does it work? is it timed or a few turns with no production?

love the changes though the 25 free turns is not necessary.. :)

Mr President
10-27-2010, 11:52
how does it work? is it timed or a few turns with no production?

love the changes though the 25 free turns is not necessary.. :)

If you get this random it will set your production levels to 0. The user would then have to go back and reset all of them to where they wanted. There is no time aspect to this random. But if your not paying attention and don't see it, you could spend a lot of turns not producing anything.

vussu
10-27-2010, 12:13
Mr.President, why do we need those random events at all? They suck -.-:thumbdown:

Dogma
10-27-2010, 13:28
If you get this random it will set your production levels to 0. The user would then have to go back and reset all of them to where they wanted. There is no time aspect to this random. But if your not paying attention and don't see it, you could spend a lot of turns not producing anything.

I LIKE this one

Mr President
10-27-2010, 14:55
Mr.President, why do we need those random events at all? They suck -.-:thumbdown:

Well all but one is a positive random event meaning you'll gain something from it. So i'm not sure why they would suck..

Randoms are a good part of the game. Makes things interesting. And now being able to get lvl 8 tanks and bombers might help increase their usage some.

vussu
10-27-2010, 15:40
The positive one sucks the most :D

How they make game more interesting? If i'm going to upgrade my inf at the beginning and i get this Union Workers thing on the first turn, it means that i don't produce anything with those 35 turns <- that's not interesting for me.

Max Logan
10-27-2010, 18:10
play casher?

BladeEWG
10-27-2010, 21:17
LOL funny Guy Max, you cracked me up ;)