PDA

View Full Version : A little much maybe.......

czarcris
10-21-2010, 22:26
An economic breakdown has cooled down your economy, you have lost $8.441.388.859. and im lucky i didn't have all my stock in cash other wise would have been at least double that.

This seems a little much for something that is completely out of my control. How is one supposed to stock in this game if every time i get hit i lose 1-2bil dollars a hit plus i have random things like this occurring.

Is there anyway we can look at reducing the amount lost in random events and maybe the percentage of cash lost in an attack??

Devil
10-21-2010, 22:31
An economic breakdown has cooled down your economy, you have lost $8.441.388.859. and im lucky i didn't have all my stock in cash other wise would have been at least double that.

This seems a little much for something that is completely out of my control. How is one supposed to stock in this game if every time i get hit i lose 1-2bil dollars a hit plus i have random things like this occurring.

Is there anyway we can look at reducing the amount lost in random events and maybe the percentage of cash lost in an attack??

FACT: the game loves indy

Divine Intervention
10-21-2010, 22:36
stop trying to stock with 80b worth of stock or w/e at $1mill Nw. be a man and net with full bank!

kitoy
10-21-2010, 22:53
or what if each strat has different bank limit.. lets say farmer has 100B limit, indy has 50B etc.. how will it affect the game play? hmmm..

Calvin74
10-21-2010, 23:25
stop trying to stock with 80b worth of stock or w/e at $1mill Nw. be a man and net with full bank!

don't you force your ideals on us man!!!

i do have to agree with chris though. a lot of the old changes were put in place to limit suiciders and stockers just got caught in the crossfire. the suicider problem is still there but much much different.

i think it might be time to look at reversing some of those changes and stop pandering to the "slow crowd":)

like prices on the market. when i send my goods to the market i send them with the price i want them on at. if market demand doesn't meet my prices then that is on me and only me to change my prices. if you still want to help people out give them the option to remove goods and take the penalty but don't drop my prices that i set for my goods.

the landgrab formula. maybe it shouldn't be setup so that stockers at the bottom always get pounded on....

the bank. i can understand people not wanting this raised to unlimited but wouldn't a 100bil cap work just as well? that will still not cover a decent stocker all set but provides for a little more protection for longer.

random events. i don't even wanna get started b/c it will only make me mad before bed time but these are crap. complete and utter crap. there is no reason for them and it only serves to piss off players. what does that accomplish? also it unfairly affects the strats differently. i have never seen an economic breakdown where someone loses 10% of their military..... or 10% of their tech.... or 10% of their buildings..... just take these out of the game completely. i don't even care for lvl12 units since it gives an unfair advantage. IF you HAVE to keep in some good random events keep in the CS boom and then instead of lvl12 just make it upgrade units to lvl8 (if you have already upgraded then oh well).

Divine Intervention
10-21-2010, 23:25
how about this, a percentage sale on everything which gets funded into sending more units to the market if there's none on PM?

Calvin74
10-21-2010, 23:26
how about this, a percentage sale on everything which gets funded into sending more units to the market if there's none on PM?

wanna explain that one a little more?

Dogma
10-22-2010, 02:56
don't you force your ideals on us man!!!

i do have to agree with chris though. a lot of the old changes were put in place to limit suiciders and stockers just got caught in the crossfire. the suicider problem is still there but much much different.

i think it might be time to look at reversing some of those changes and stop pandering to the "slow crowd":)

like prices on the market. when i send my goods to the market i send them with the price i want them on at. if market demand doesn't meet my prices then that is on me and only me to change my prices. if you still want to help people out give them the option to remove goods and take the penalty but don't drop my prices that i set for my goods.

the landgrab formula. maybe it shouldn't be setup so that stockers at the bottom always get pounded on....

the bank. i can understand people not wanting this raised to unlimited but wouldn't a 100bil cap work just as well? that will still not cover a decent stocker all set but provides for a little more protection for longer.

random events. i don't even wanna get started b/c it will only make me mad before bed time but these are crap. complete and utter crap. there is no reason for them and it only serves to piss off players. what does that accomplish? also it unfairly affects the strats differently. i have never seen an economic breakdown where someone loses 10% of their military..... or 10% of their tech.... or 10% of their buildings..... just take these out of the game completely. i don't even care for lvl12 units since it gives an unfair advantage. IF you HAVE to keep in some good random events keep in the CS boom and then instead of lvl12 just make it upgrade units to lvl8 (if you have already upgraded then oh well).

You were defeated!
You have been invaded by Fiddler on the Green(#3), you lost 1.051 land, $1.290.450.285, 11.132 food and 1.751 science.
During this attack, you lost 7.139 Infantry.
Your Nation lost 3.570 Infantry.
While defending, your enemy lost 1.113 Infantry and 2.174 Jets.

I think I can agree with this

Soviet Russia
10-22-2010, 05:16

Ya. We don't like stockers :thumbdown: The bank has a limit to force stockers back into the actual game.

BladeEWG
10-22-2010, 06:29
I really like the random things, makes the game more fun .
Wouldn't be so ,if they were always good things that happened.

if i get lev12 on something, that changes my strat,you have to adapt is all.
I haven't goten them this ound tho.
But
I've gotten economic cooldown, thats bad.
But I've also gotten construction boom, thats good
and the military boost, thats also good.

If Mr.P raises the bank limit, then he should also look at allowing spy ops to steal some of that cash and bring it back to the attacker . Just blowing up good cash is such a waste ;)

Mr President
10-22-2010, 12:59

What would be the downfall of removing the auto price drop? I agree with what you are saying, I just like to see both sides of the picture. :-)

I thing the amount of land lost needs to be lowered. It was a fine setting when we have over 500 playing. Right now grabs are very scarce.

I think 50B should be the norm and if people want it higher they should have to purchase tech to have higher savings.

Random Events are fine when the bad ones don't happen to you. :-) Everyone likes it when the good ones happen lol.. We can't remove random events. We need things like these to create a little excitement or drama in the game. I agree we could lower the neg impacts though.

The way the game is set up now is for 500+ states. We don't have that sadly. I agree the land lost amount needs to be changed and some of the other settings lowered to make a little more real for the amount of members we have. If and when we gain more, then we change the settings again.

czarcris
10-22-2010, 13:18
Its also pretty awesome when you login and people have blown up 100+mil of your food too :(

so you cant stock in this game? but it is ok to destroy someone's state. this game just gets more and more interesting as the day the goes.

can i ask why we are against stockers? is it not a strat that can be run in this game? i mean sky runs indy and plays up top every set to take advantage of what it does in the game, why can one not play at the bottom with low up keep and it not be a viable strat?

something has got to be done to allow people to play down low and still be able to compete in this game.

Mr President
10-22-2010, 15:45
Its also pretty awesome when you login and people have blown up 100+mil of your food too :(

so you cant stock in this game? but it is ok to destroy someone's state. this game just gets more and more interesting as the day the goes.

can i ask why we are against stockers? is it not a strat that can be run in this game? i mean sky runs indy and plays up top every set to take advantage of what it does in the game, why can one not play at the bottom with low up keep and it not be a viable strat?

something has got to be done to allow people to play down low and still be able to compete in this game.

I'm confused.. Maybe your reply wasn't to me, but I thought in my reply I agreed that some things had to be changed....

The only thing I didn't fully agree with was removing the randoms.. I did however agree that the neg impact from them needs to be lowered. I am not against stocking at all. I thought adding tech to get a higher bank amount would be a nice solution to help the techer strat.

Again, maybe your reply wasn't to me ;)

Calvin74
10-22-2010, 15:53
I'm confused.. Maybe your reply wasn't to me, but I thought in my reply I agreed that some things had to be changed....

The only thing I didn't fully agree with was removing the randoms.. I did however agree that the neg impact from them needs to be lowered. I am not against stocking at all. I thought adding tech to get a higher bank amount would be a nice solution to help the techer strat.

Again, maybe your reply wasn't to me ;)

yeah i think he was replying to some earlier posts and was pissed that someone out there is a moron

of course the best way to convince us to put food on the market is to destroy our food. i can't possible see that going wrong at all....

for your reply though mr p i agree with everything (although i don't like any randoms:P) and will help you out with anything to get them implemented in the fastest possible time. also i would suggest then if you are going to leave in randoms that hurt 2 strats why not add in the other randoms? make one that stops all indy production for say 10 turns? or something along those lines or just one that straight up destroys 5% of your standing army....

Mr President
10-22-2010, 17:28
how much of a land modification are people thinking? 1/2 of what it is now? 3/4, 1/4???

Give me some ideas.

I just ran a quick test and put the land mod at 1/2 of what it was and the grabs seem more in line to the amount of people we have.. But of course I'll wait for the professionals to have a say before I really do any testing.

Max Logan
10-22-2010, 17:49
increase GB protection. leave the 1st hit be, but raise GB by some 20-25%

BeeNo
10-22-2010, 18:59
oh come on now czar! you know how much you can stock before you go over. and losing millions of food to each attack? you can easily send it to the market.

point is yea we could adjust it and expand the bank but what happens when you decide not to sell your food again or go over the new bank limit? you going to come on here and complain again?

i don't mind adding bank tech. as for the land formula basically the amount of GB you receive from each attack needs to be increased slightly. that would do the trick to help stockers out.

1/2 1/4 are way to high of an amount much less than that i would think, but again it'd be easier if i could see the actual formula. or if i knew all the exact changes that had been done to it.

i do not believe this to be the exact formula currently: (There land/Your land)*(There land*.13) Then 30% less for every hit in the last 36 hours

as when i plug it into my homemade calc which is: (B2/A2)*(B2*0.13)*(0.7^C2)

where-

A2= your land
B2= their land
C2= times attacked over the last 36 hours

maybe my formula isn't perfect if so someone could correct me, but i believe it to be sound but it it always comes up with less land than i receive. so maybe just changing the current formula back to this one would be sufficient.

the goal being to lower the amount of land lost in each attack or increasing the amount of gb protection you receive in each attack since the states lower on the scores list are attacked more often.

Calvin74
10-22-2010, 19:13
oh come on now czar! you know how much you can stock before you go over. and losing millions of food to each attack? you can easily send it to the market.

point is yea we could adjust it and expand the bank but what happens when you decide not to sell your food again or go over the new bank limit? you going to come on here and complain again?

i don't mind adding bank tech. as for the land formula basically the amount of GB you receive from each attack needs to be increased slightly. that would do the trick to help stockers out.

1/2 1/4 are way to high of an amount much less than that i would think, but again it'd be easier if i could see the actual formula. or if i knew all the exact changes that had been done to it.

i do not believe this to be the exact formula currently: (There land/Your land)*(There land*.13) Then 30% less for every hit in the last 36 hours

where-

A2= your land
B2= their land

maybe my formula isn't perfect if so someone could correct me, but i believe it to be sound but it it always comes up with less land than i receive. so maybe just changing the current formula back to this one would be sufficient.

the goal being to lower the amount of land lost in each attack or increasing the amount of gb protection you receive in each attack since the states lower on the scores list are attacked more often.

to the 1st part of your post our keeping food on hand has nothing to do with the need to tweak the game at all. in fact if we did send our food to the market and sold it then we would be losing double what we are losing now. losing 2bil cash per attack gets old real fast.

as i have said over and over we aren't hoarding food out of malice simply out of the need to given the restrictions placed on us by the game. you see what happens when we try and play our way and apparently you don't like it anymore than we do.

why is indy the only strat worth playing? why is it sky are the only ones that ever win? why should the game be completely unbalanced towards 1 strat? why are we the only ones that notice these things or ask these questions?

BeeNo
10-22-2010, 19:40
your welcome to play however you want to play calvin, but i don't see how keeping hundreds of millions of food on hand and losing millions in each attack then complaining on here about how the game needs to change when you could easily jump whenever you want to.

point is you don't need to be losing all that food but you choose that situation and now are complaining that the game needs to change for you. thats my problem with it calvin.

and you are talking to the only person with a casher state in the all time top 10 states list currently. i don't like it when i see people looking to change the game because they want to play a certain way. indy's largest advantage is the extra nation army they produce threw the double tax.

now i supported the bank tech idea and gave my input on the land grab formula, and i also wanted to make sure that these changes are in the honest effort to balance the strategies and not to attempt to make changes in the game or push for changes in the game that will help how you want to play the game. since that would not be fair to us all.

and like i've said in previous threads, sky doesn't always win. and i am offended by those types of comments! :)

Calvin74
10-22-2010, 19:48
your welcome to play however you want to play calvin, but i don't see how keeping hundreds of millions of food on hand and losing millions in each attack then complaining on here about how the game needs to change when you could easily jump whenever you want to.

point is you don't need to be losing all that food but you choose that situation and now are complaining that the game needs to change for you. thats my problem with it calvin.

and you are talking to the only person with a casher state in the all time top 10 states list currently. i don't like it when i see people looking to change the game because they want to play a certain way. indy's largest advantage is the extra nation army they produce threw the double tax.

now i supported the bank tech idea and gave my input on the land grab formula, and i also wanted to make sure that these changes are in the honest effort to balance the strategies and not to attempt to make changes in the game or push for changes in the game that will help how you want to play the game. since that would not be fair to us all.

and like i've said in previous threads, sky doesn't always win. and i am offended by those types of comments! :)

i can take all that and respect what you say:)
you do run a very good nation with ABT but you run a nation sky runs a state:P that is the difference.

as far as the changes i have suggested these for a long time even before i was stocking or doing anything of the sort. i think there needs to be more options of how to play and right now there is just netting.l yes you can stock to 50bil and then net but in the end it is just netting. stocking correctly requires a much different skill set and more planning in my opinion than just running a top ten state.

but i do think these are for the good of the game and while the help how CR is playing this set we won't always play this way but it draws more interest into the game

Mr President
10-22-2010, 21:44

where-

A2= your land
B2= their land

I am actually glad he posted his complaint. This is how we get into the best discussions and how we get the best solutions. Changes will never be made to accommodate a certain style of play, but there are times when some changes are really needed.

I honestly believe right now is one of those times. We do need to lower the amount of land that is being taken from states. Perhaps we do it through GB or perhaps right off the bat or heck even both.. Who knows, which is why I'm seeking everyone's thoughts on this.

If we had 500 + more members then this would not even be an issue. But we don't so that makes hanging on to your land even more difficult.

Currently we are working on a solution for the double tax for indy. I'm hoping our newest idea will be the solution to it which will even indy out a little more.

BeeNo
10-23-2010, 00:01
hehe, i'm all for re-working the grab formula and adding bank tech.

i just wanted to point out that complaining about losing millions of food in each attack while holding onto hundreds of million of food and not selling it was simply his own fault.

i'm not opposed to any of the discussion this thread generated.

Max Logan
10-23-2010, 07:38
the double tax needs a solution, maybe even more then the land grab, because right now, an indy nation can capture top sports by just having 2-3 states reselling their military early on and letting one state take top. i assume nations like Sky are having states that just buy a sell for the sole purpose of moving cash to taxes and randomly using their turns to produce. the last buy/sell can`t really be dealt with, but maybe it`s time to remove indy draft and leave be like farmer/techer.

but then you`ll have to lower indy production by 20-25% to make up for the tax removal. this should at least a little remove indy dominance, least early on. maybe even lowering nation tech for indy.

don`t get me wrong indy fans, my favorite is indy too, hands down, but if I can make it top 10, bwithout even caring, just grabing here and there, no strategy what so ever, then this needs to change ;)

Divine Intervention
10-23-2010, 08:09
i got an idea to the problem of losing several billion each attack - buy some ****ing army.

Calvin74
10-23-2010, 08:50
i got an idea to the problem of losing several billion each attack - buy some ****ing army.

don't push it or there will be no food at all for the rest of the set!

Divine Intervention
10-23-2010, 09:30
don't push it or there will be no food at all for the rest of the set!

i doubt you'll get the Catherine Tate reference, but none the less:

"Am I bothered?"

Calvin74
10-23-2010, 09:36
i doubt you'll get the Catherine Tate reference, but none the less:

"Am I bothered?"

i don't know apparently all this started b/c you people were bothered with how we are running our states....

anton get on msn please:P

BeeNo
10-23-2010, 20:03
ok, i'm going to repeat myself again, for the 5th time on this thread.

i don't care how you and your nation mates decide to play their states. if you want to stock food and money well beyond the normal bank amount your more then welcome to.

but when you moan about losing food and money in each attack when your hording well beyond your bank then we have every right to call you a big stupid doo doo head.

thats it, thats the last time i'm saying it! lol

Calvin74
10-23-2010, 20:19
ok, i'm going to repeat myself again, for the 5th time on this thread.

i don't care how you and your nation mates decide to play their states. if you want to stock food and money well beyond the normal bank amount your more then welcome to.

but when you moan about losing food and money in each attack when your hording well beyond your bank then we have every right to call you a big stupid doo doo head.

thats it, thats the last time i'm saying it! lol

you do know that this thread had nothing to do with losing money and food in attacks right?

Max Logan
10-23-2010, 20:24

really? :o

Xavior
10-23-2010, 20:34

You are absolutely correct Calvin. This topic has nothing to do with losing food and money in attacks at all.

/thread

czarcris
10-23-2010, 21:23
it had nothing to do with losing food in the attacks...i knew what i was doing when holding onto the food... you see when you have food on hand you lose 1% during an attack as opposed to losing 2% cash during an attack. so its better for me to lose food than the cash. Then people started complaing about us hoarding food, so i simply wanted to know if we could change the formula for losing cash in an attack, that way i could make all you people happy and sell my food.

but again as calvin has asked why are their only random events that hurt farmers and cashers? nothing hurts an indy playing at the top... i get a random event and lose 8bil cash. now i dont know anyone up top besides maybe the top guy in some sets that is stocking cash that this event may affect. so lets either get rid of the random events or put something in place that will affect indies playing at the top...ie lose standing military, or lose production for some number of turns.

Divine Intervention
10-23-2010, 21:46
The man has a good point. I say this as an Indy player.

czarcris
10-23-2010, 22:26
Report: You have successfully placed 483.124.634 Food on the market.
thatll probably be my last package to the market enjoy it if you can get it :)

Calvin74
10-23-2010, 23:50
Report: You have successfully placed 483.124.634 Food on the market.
thatll probably be my last package to the market enjoy it if you can get it :)

yeah #30 probably halved that amount of food going to the market and instead of 3bil that chris and i would have put on we might hit 1bil or so....

KelpKris
10-24-2010, 10:43

I think I've lost more with non-stocking indy. :)

The scores stockers get at the end aren't so bad at all. Right now it seems as if stocking farmers can get top10 spots rather easily (with say 150-200m nw) and I don't think you can compare top indy (or whatever) netters with much more passive stockers.

As for other complaints/thoughts, it's time to bring up the settings we had in Domination. Although those 2 games were quite similar, there are a few differences and 3 of them fit into this discussion:
1)Land grab formula
I can't remember the exact formula (and I don't have the time to find it out just for this post, but if some of you like it, I could do it), but grabs were smaller and gb affected grab sizes a bit different, especially on higher gb and when target had much more land. I can give a few examples (blue line represents current formula and red line Dom formula):
http://valgus.analysisband.com/nw/stat/15kvs15k.gifhttp://valgus.analysisband.com/nw/stat/10kvs25k.gifhttp://valgus.analysisband.com/nw/stat/25kvs10k.gif

2)Bank size
The max bank size in Dom was 20G. Would any farmer survive with that bank size in NW? But this was to keep the balance considering the grab formula.

3)Taking goods back from the market
Taking goods back from the market didn't cost you anything, but you couldn't do it before goods had been on the market for 24h.

but again as calvin has asked why are their only random events that hurt farmers and cashers? nothing hurts an indy playing at the top... i get a random event and lose 8bil cash. now i dont know anyone up top besides maybe the top guy in some sets that is stocking cash that this event may affect. so lets either get rid of the random events or put something in place that will affect indies playing at the top...ie lose standing military, or lose production for some number of turns.

This and what you said earlier made me think of 1 thing. That the game doesn't support this form of stocking because it wasn't supposed to do that. Right now farmers are still trying to stock when there is no food at the market, but it seems that the game was set up so that once your bank is full you start buying army. Because if farmers would play like indies, more aggressively, those random events would affect them as little as they affect the others.

Max Logan
10-24-2010, 13:59
Just one problem, netting farmers can`t compete

Max Logan
10-24-2010, 17:03
com`on!

Type: State Attacking: State Defending: Losses: Time:
SA The White House(#2)[USA] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 3.755 Land / 3.751 Buildings, $35.115.242, 106.298 Food 16:57:43-2010/10/24
SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Furian Army(#66)[Sky] 2.626 Land / 2.619 Buildings, 3 Science, 29.531 Food 09:23:31-2010/10/24
SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Soviet Red State(#47)[Sky] 1.446 Land / 1.417 Buildings, $5.873.676, 286.529 Food 09:22:49-2010/10/24
SA LoveMeOrNot(#44)[Sky] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.497 Land / 1.497 Buildings, $137.229.016, 80.485 Food 08:46:33-2010/10/24
SA vussuland(#41)[Sky] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.823 Land / 1.823 Buildings, $141.473.212, 81.297 Food 08:32:32-2010/10/24
SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Vengeance Seeker(#26)[ICN] 1.306 Land / 1.304 Buildings, 1.189 Food 23:17:19-2010/10/23
SA LoveMeOrNot(#44)[Sky] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.712 Land / 1.694 Buildings, $143.958.853, 119.808 Food 20:58:31-2010/10/23
SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Eternal Sword(#23)[USA] 1.827 Land / 1.827 Buildings, 5.231 Food 16:13:24-2010/10/23
SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Metallica(#56)[ICN] 1.409 Land / 1.406 Buildings, 46 Science, 1.493 Food 16:09:39-2010/10/23
SA All the People(#31)[WTF] Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] 1.764 Land / 1.762 Buildings, 9.350 Food 14:55:16-2010/10/23
SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] OUCH(#43)[USA] 1.556 Land / 1.556 Buildings, 18.377 Food 10:16:17-2010/10/23
SA Latvian Force(#48)[ABT] Jip(#50)[ICN] 1.141 Land / 1.113 Buildings, 4 Science, 37.372 Food 10:15:31-2010/10/23

5th hit getting 3.7k land and that in top 10... seriously...

czarcris
10-24-2010, 20:52
stocking–noun
a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers by a merchant, distributor, manufacturer, etc.; inventory.
a quantity of something accumulated, as for future use: a stock of provisions.

stocking is a strategy. why must one once his bank is full then be forced to start buying military? If some small changes to amount of cash lost in attacks were changed this could still be a strategy. Im not asking for an unlimited bank but there are lots of different ways to play this game? why do we try to force everyone to play the same way? only a few players can play at the top so why not use different ways and things within the game to play other ways? The reason our tag could have had such success this set was bc of the way we ran our tag, very low tax resulting in not alot of NA which means we can't just start jumping and playing at the top. we had to make some sacrifices for our tag to be able to play the way we did this set. play with low upkeep in our states and maximize the amount of food produced with a chance to at the end finish near the top.

jkl9926
10-25-2010, 02:38
im all for a change in the grab formula resulting in less of a loss in cash and food but changing the bank size is not the way to go, because a top casher could then hoard say 100bil in cash which only really takes 2 days if you do it right and then jump up to destroy the top indies.

and this is from a guy who likes to play casher but 100bil bank would make the game lopsided again, i think the answer is to increase farming production to offset the upkeep costs that they incur from being at higher nw's.

Calvin74
10-25-2010, 18:30
im all for a change in the grab formula resulting in less of a loss in cash and food but changing the bank size is not the way to go, because a top casher could then hoard say 100bil in cash which only really takes 2 days if you do it right and then jump up to destroy the top indies.

and this is from a guy who likes to play casher but 100bil bank would make the game lopsided again, i think the answer is to increase farming production to offset the upkeep costs that they incur from being at higher nw's.

why would 100bil make the game lopsided? what would be the reasoning for that?
why would you raise the farm production when on a turn by turn basis it is about 20-25% stronger than casher already...

Max Logan
10-25-2010, 18:58
farmer production is not an issue. indy production is :p

jkl9926
10-26-2010, 02:42
either way you want to look at it, we can either raise the production of the other strats or we can lower indy production. indy production seems to be at the core of most of our issues.

when the game has 500 players its not as big of a deal cause theres more land for cashers to keep up but without the player base there just isnt enough land.

BeeNo
10-26-2010, 02:55
i really don't think there is that huge of an advantage for indy's. i do like the ideas of adding the bank tech and/or increasing the amount gb received to change it up a little bit.

its a simple numbers thing, how many of the top netters are trying to win with strats other than indy? really with less grabs available it should favor a casher/techer strategies where you receive a 75% bonus by cashing or researching.

its very difficult for anyone to use all their turns grabbing currently, only a few of the top states in each month can manage it. it takes alot of time in my opinion. but this indy dominance is not because the strats are that unbalanced currently.