PDA

View Full Version : Soooooooo

Mr President
11-30-2010, 21:55
Since I have owned the game I have always received offers from people who would like to buy us. Well yesterday I received an offer that actually sat me back in my seat. I was pretty impressed with the offer. I won't let on to how much, but it was actually a nice feeling to see someone send me that kind of an offer for a turn based game.

Calvin74
11-30-2010, 22:12
Since I have owned the game I have always received offers from people who would like to buy us. Well yesterday I received an offer that actually sat me back in my seat. I was pretty impressed with the offer. I won't let on to how much, but it was actually a nice feeling to see someone send me that kind of an offer for a turn based game.

was it more than $3.50? cause thats my highest offer!

kitoy
11-30-2010, 22:16
i have a bad feeling.. :p

Xavior
11-30-2010, 22:21
As long as it isn't Max Logan..

Soviet Russia
12-01-2010, 02:38
Its probably Max Logan :P

Dogma
12-01-2010, 11:06
If it was it would be renamed Nations War Max Logan... wait a minute, that already happens.

Divine Intervention
12-01-2010, 11:18
sell & make sure they keep you as admin? i bet it was estonians :)

Disorder
12-01-2010, 12:17
My guess is it was Z. He wants to have control over the forums. :D

Dogma
12-01-2010, 13:15
Then I would be out of a job. :(

Xavior
12-01-2010, 13:26
Then I would be out of a job. :(

Perma ban! :laugh:

Mr President
12-01-2010, 13:34
sell & make sure they keep you as admin? i bet it was estonians :)

Actually that was mentioned. They said they would keep me on as admins and anyone else I felt I wanted to keep on. But we all know how takeovers go. It starts out all friendly then 6 months later your out on your butt lol..

Max Logan
12-01-2010, 15:20
As long as it isn't Max Logan..

Its probably Max Logan :P

If it was it would be renamed Nations War Max Logan... wait a minute, that already happens.

Haha... funny

Divine Intervention
12-01-2010, 18:26
Actually that was mentioned. They said they would keep me on as admins and anyone else I felt I wanted to keep on. But we all know how takeovers go. It starts out all friendly then 6 months later your out on your butt lol..

i think it would be fair to the community to expose more details of this, wouldn't you think? i know its your game, but affects us too :) btw is it Raul lol? hed do something like this if he ever managed to get a job. But hes mexican so im sure he climb over fence soon enough and get one of your jobs :p (Nation-Wars forum admin maybe haha).

BladeEWG
12-01-2010, 19:51
Mr.P.
Its your game and your money.
You need to decide if its worth it for you to stick and keep doing what you do, or go for the cash.
Cool thing is, if you have such an inkiling, you can sell, make sure the check clears before you open things up to the new owner,
then relax a bit, and with some of the cash left after your month in the bahamas, start up another game. You know a bunch here will follow you elsewhere.

I and a few others here went thru this once with the sale of earth2025.
Was a good run there, but when its all said and done, its ALWAYS about the money.
I've been hoping someone here will offer me some cash for my awesome country name..but alas so far that ain't happening, so I just keep working ;)

Mr President
12-01-2010, 19:54
hmmm my apologies for not making it clear. I have no intentions of selling the game off. I was simply making conversation that I was very impressed with the amount of money that was offered for the game. In today's world where graphics are everything, to be offered that kind of money for a turn based game is flattering.

Just goes to show everyone that we do have one of the best turn based games on the net today :-)

Sorry folks but your stuck with me :-)

BladeEWG
12-01-2010, 20:01
Well D@mmit, i was thinking about stowing away on your Bahama trip :(

Hope it wasn't those same nits that bought Earth, what a bunch of knuckleheads there. They buy a game hat was declining for sure but had close to 300 left..less then 3 months later..oh we're shutting down the game, so sorry bye bye.
Never understood why you would buy something just to dump it, unless you're worried about competition elsewhere,,,Hmmmmmmmm.
I'll add that right next to my grassy knoll conspericy folder I think ;)

and its you Mr.P thats stuck with us!

Calvin74
12-01-2010, 21:44
Well D@mmit, i was thinking about stowing away on your Bahama trip :(

Hope it wasn't those same nits that bought Earth, what a bunch of knuckleheads there. They buy a game hat was declining for sure but had close to 300 left..less then 3 months later..oh we're shutting down the game, so sorry bye bye.
Never understood why you would buy something just to dump it, unless you're worried about competition elsewhere,,,Hmmmmmmmm.
I'll add that right next to my grassy knoll conspericy folder I think ;)

and its you Mr.P thats stuck with us!

yeah they only bought the game b/c it came with utopia. then they ran earth into the ground pretty hard...

L P
12-01-2010, 22:12
If it was an insane amount of money then you should sell it and split the money with us. :D

Otherwise, add some graphics and turn this into a flash based Facebook game thats a cross between Command & Conquer and Farmville. We could by premium account cards from the store just like Club Penguin.
:think::

Calvin74
12-01-2010, 23:17
If it was an insane amount of money then you should sell it and split the money with us. :D

Otherwise, add some graphics and turn this into a flash based Facebook game thats a cross between Command & Conquer and Farmville. We could by premium account cards from the store just like Club Penguin.
:think::

i put up with a lot for5 this game but if we have to play it through facebook i am out:P

CyberSpider
12-01-2010, 23:47
Well i guess your not buying me lunch this week then Mr P! :thumbdown:

Dogma
12-01-2010, 23:50
****, if he sold Icould get Mrs P to take half and we could PARTY!!!

Divine Intervention
12-01-2010, 23:56
i put up with a lot for5 this game but if we have to play it through facebook i am out:P

his suggestion is the only future for this game i can see too. and so have other people that i have consulted on it (outside of this game).

BeeNo
12-02-2010, 02:09
i'd like to purchase 1% of nation wars stock, how much would that be mr. P? :)

Max Logan
12-02-2010, 06:40
Sorry folks but your stuck with me :-)

Bah! :glare:

Morph
12-02-2010, 10:46
Bah! :glare:

i wouldnt have sold the game to you either :blink:

svend forkbeard
12-02-2010, 16:52
my bet was that is was a happy meal and a ticket to a underwater rugby match.... well i am glad you did not cave to the capitalist.... never know what they would do to the game

esco
12-07-2010, 10:13
i'd like to purchase 1% of nation wars stock, how much would that be mr. P? :)

I know you were joking but that's actually a great idea. Raise funds from the player-base to allow for expansion or to hire at least one professional programmer.

The numbers would need to be worked out to suit your needs but it can work if a good business plan is made. For example, for $100 you receive a 1% ownership share of the business.

I also agree with Divine about Facebook. (The app on Facebook for the game isn't working btw)

On a related note, I recently found this site http://www.kickstarter.com/
which allows you to raise funds.

Mr President
12-07-2010, 11:21
I know you were joking but that's actually a great idea. Raise funds from the player-base to allow for expansion or to hire at least one professional programmer.

What are you trying to say here? You think I suck as a programmer? lol

The numbers would need to be worked out to suit your needs but it can work if a good business plan is made. For example, for $100 you receive a 1% ownership share of the business.

I also agree with Divine about Facebook. (The app on Facebook for the game isn't working btw)

On a related note, I recently found this site http://www.kickstarter.com/
which allows you to raise funds.

I have often thought about doing an idea like this, but it's complicated and honestly keeping the game privatly owned is probably the best way to go. We don't want this to turn out like earth did and then have the code all over the place and several different versions of the same game being on the web.

Facebook is a good idea. It will just take a long time to make it happen. As for the facebook app that I currently had up, I took it down as only 1-2 people ever used it. (me being 1 of the 2) It was more work keeping it going then it was worth it.

One thing I have said over and over again, the people of this game are the only thing we need to make it grow. Yes facebook apps are cool and people would use it, but I bet just about everyone in here has a facebook page. Do you advertise Nation-Wars on it? Do you mention it at all? We could spend thousands of dollars on advertising, but in the end the people who already play are the best way to advertise. I have worked hard at changing and making the game as modern as I can. There are still some things to do, ie facebook app ect ect.. But some of you really need to step up and work hard at getting more people. We all use MSN, facebook, myspace, blogs and tons of other communication sites.. If people are so eager to get new members then do what you can to help out. We can't just say nation-wars needs to be on facebook and that will solve the problems. It won't. Even when we are on there we will need to advertise to get our name out. We can still advertise on FB now with a link to our site. I know a few people who I have gotten to play by doing it that way.

ranger2112
12-09-2010, 17:58
you should have taken my offer. now i will have to send the goons to "convince" you....