PDA

View Full Version : Michigan - what's happening?

Divine Intervention
01-05-2011, 13:37
just came across some lulzy stories on U-M and their coaching situation. Ive kinda had a warm place for U-M because theyre a state school with a bad *** business school, so was wondering if someone could shed some light on whats happening to them. Ive been under the impression that theyre quite good at football, so im taking theyve had some bad results & took too long to fire the coach? also heard they played a hockey game in the football stadium. is that like taboo?

Top12Gun
01-05-2011, 16:02
First to the coach. Rich Rodriguez was hired 3 years ago with the idea of restoring Michigan to prominence - he didn't. In fact he's done worse than his predecessor. Michigan has the all time record for wins, and American football is a VERY VERY VERY big deal. Rodriguez is a good coach, but he's not the best fit for Michigan. Today, he was fired, and Michigan is expected try to hire Jim Harbaugh, one of the best coaches in college football.

As to the hockey game, that was probably the winter classic, at Heinz field, and no, it's perfectly normal :)

Xavior
01-05-2011, 16:10
There was a hockey game played at some football stadium. Michigan State vs Michigan.

BladeEWG
01-05-2011, 19:50
Harbaugh is on the interview list for the 49ers.
Theres no way he'd pass up that chance

Top12Gun
01-05-2011, 23:09
IMO, you're right, but there are some that think he's going to stay NCAA.

Calvin74
01-06-2011, 00:06
IMO, you're right, but there are some that think he's going to stay NCAA.

everything i have heard says that he is passing on Michigan w/o a 2nd thought. I can't wait to see who they do hire though and hope they turn around fast. I am going to the Bama/Michigan game at Jerry World in 2012 and I want a good game!

Top12Gun
01-06-2011, 04:04
But only if 'Bama wins, right? :thumbdown:

-Chris-
01-13-2011, 23:20
hail to the mad hatter staying in br!